• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/incident-of-2018-08-13.27381/

Pod'Lair

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today, 00:15
OMG, I just stumbled across this on their website

The Founder

Pod'Lair Theory comes from the powerfully synesthetic mind of Thomas Chenault, who without academic degrees or professional training, is the undisputed authority on these subjects. This is demonstrated by the unprecedented feats he can perform on video or in person that other humans can’t, but is his goal to teach others to do.

Pod'Lair will be challenging ALL experts from ALL facilities around the world once the Proof-of-Concept has been sufficiently achieved. Thomas Chenault has been solving cases that top facilities around the world have been devoting resources to for the entirety of their existence without being able to solve.

Thomas Chenault, in correlation with his unprecedented level of synomnia, has numerous eccentricities that he wants any potential student to be aware of. You need to be able to interact with an artist and thinker who has lived with issues related to pushing his mind to the utmost in order to bring Pod’Lair theory into fruition despite, or perhaps because of, these inherent eccentricities. These include HSP, OCD, amnesia, voices, intense interactions with imaginary friends, rages, depressions, paranoia, etc. Many a great visionary was very odd (from Daniel Tammet to John Nash, et al.), but that does not change the power of the brilliant contributions their minds have made to science. If you have any problem with this, then Mr. Chenault has no interest in teaching you

Kuu

TENTACLES WILL DESTROY YOU
Local time
Today, 01:15

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 16:15
Thank you, guys. I was trying to sift through their forum and explanations. Cheese, you've given me a bit of a Rosetta stone with the term mappings.

My next question: they seem to separate genders in some of their stuff. Is this for reading purposes (accounting for different pitches and facial muscles), or do they think personality traits present differently in different genders?
I haven't thought about it in depth but I'm pretty sure it's the latter, since they claim each Mojo has a different flavour depending on gender and sexual orientation (all along the spectrum). Also, different pitches/facial muscles wouldn't really matter except at the first couple of levels of reading (basic, visual cues) - you're supposed to move up to reading their overall vibe fairly soon, then reading your own reaction to them.

My question: Why are you looking into them?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
OMG, I just stumbled across this on their website
He's bragging about his ignorance, personal deficiencies, problems and lack of education. The Trump of Type Theories?

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Between Pod'Lair, BAP, and Blob I nearly died just skimming. :phear: Why do you do this to yourself...?
My question: Why are you looking into them?
I tell myself that witnessing extremes helps me see the subtle flaws in more reasonable-seeming concepts. Frankly, I think I suffer from a kind of masochism, in which I occasionally immerse myself in occult/insane theories. It's like rotten.com for the brain.

I just couldn't break through the gibberish to make heads or tails of it, and I know you all were assaulted with the theory a few years ago, so I figured you could give me a sensible intro.

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
I tell myself that witnessing extremes helps me see the subtle flaws in more reasonable-seeming concepts. Frankly, I think I suffer from a kind of masochism, in which I occasionally immerse myself in occult/insane theories. It's like rotten.com for the brain.

I just couldn't break through the gibberish to make heads or tails of it, and I know you all were assaulted with the theory a few years ago, so I figured you could give me a sensible intro.
Nai'Xyy

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Yesterday, 23:15
@Yellow - I think a neutral approach to this subject is great. it's been over 5 years. so any residual tension likely fizzled out long ago.

Cheese's done a great job of covering the basics. They have 1 other tenant Id mention called "Spirit Forms" which is actually pretty much jungian/analytical psychology with the terms changed around.
The Heroic Journey = Individuation
Shiny Baby/Mergings = The Collective Unconscious
Fu'Masta = The Complete/Messianic Self
Dar'yu = The Shadow
Uthur = The Anima/Animus
Apparatus = The cognitive functions
Mah'zute = Persona(s)
Their literature/ebooks will actually use these parallel terms directly, so less is done to try to obscure the correlation here.

It would be great if somebody independent like Auburn was able to incorporate it as an extension into MBTI. My take was this was the approach they should have taken, if they had wanted it to be successful.
Well in general, that's the plan. :)

Err, but just to nitpick... Cognitive Type theory is actually more of a sister to MBTI, and is far closer to Socionics in theoretical details. You could say they're all part of a family -- under one umbrella. But MBTI isn't the whole of it, it's just one sibling.

This is inspiring me to make a diagram of the various theories and their breadth.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
This is inspiring me to make a diagram of the various theories and their breadth.
Were you around when I was testing out my little theory thing? I'm still half working on it, but I need to do a bit of web development to make the test what I want it to be, so I've stalled. That's part of what's driving me to research the fringe stuff.

I'd love your opinion on it.

http://intpforum.com/showpost.php?p=505691&postcount=28
http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=23514

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
Before I go any further, I'd just like to stop and make an apology/clarification for this thread.

I don't have a cult, I never asked any Pod'lair members about joining any cult, and for that matter Pod'lair itself is not a cult. Should be obvious enough, but I feel the need to say it for the future's sake.

I wish no ill will towards Pod'lair and it is a mistake that I ever did. Which, yes, I did at certain points. Due to paranoia, giving over to the mob, drunkenness, a grandiose love of chaos, whatever.

I wish to leave that behind me, so I apologise.

Top Bottom