• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Predicting the future

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
I don't think this is "supernatural" or new age in some ways. You just take in the possibilities and see which is likely. If you prevent something then you did it. You may have a few days to a week to get it done before it comes crashing down. This is related to another thing.
Say you have a dream. You could interpret it to where you recognize a future occurrence may happen.
There are also other mystical techniques that science has always said was bullshit, such as divination, which everyone is doing these days and passing it off as "Ni" or "Ne", or just "N".
It isn't out the realm of possibility, discuss.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:11 AM
-->
I am still shocked by the Mandela effect I experienced.

The Lincon Park video "New Divide" no longer has the transformers in it.

They disappeared in 2015.

Aside from that, I am working on inner stillness to align myself with the higher power.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:11 AM
-->
Well, if dreams are some sort of residual images that your brain generates as a part of its general process of interpreting (and in some cases trying to predict) events, then yeah, dreams can have some predictive aspects to it. For example when a close family member of mine had a hart attack (but survived), I had several dreams where that person died. That's because I generally thought about the possibility of that event. That's not to say that the dream predicts things better than my conscious thought process during my awake state, though. Once again, it's just residual images based on my actual perception of things.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:41 PM
-->
I think that when you treat science like a false authority you do yourself a disservice. It's not one person. It's a gradual, limited, and masochistic process that gets off on proving itself wrong.

Whenever you say something along the lines of "science doesn't think this is real BUT", you should try to provide some explanation for why you think science is not effective in capturing reality in this case.

So why can't science explain the predictive power of dreams while you can?
Why can't science explain divination while you can?
What are you doing that science isn't?

Also, you think that if something that you predicted doesn't occur, then you prevented it? That sounds like distilled confirmation bias, am I understanding you right?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Some say it (quote unquote) is an art not a science.

I say that depends on chaos theory, feedback and the nature of causality.

Systems theory can be included as well.

Art is not beyond science.

It's not that psychic art is impossible but that science needs more resolution recognizing novelty in models.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
If anything, scientific experiments have shown that the human mind is severely prone to a vast array of cognitive biases – over-interpretation of random patterns being one of them. Testing the predictive power of any method is ultimately a statistical problem, and the human brain is extremely bad at statistical inference. For example the reason people believe dreams have predictive power is confirmation bias: you forget all the times your dreams didn't mean anything and gave completely nonsense predictions, but remember all the times they were correct, giving you the impression that they have a high predictive power overall.

For example: someone close to you appears in a dream. A couple of weeks later that person is dead. And you say to yourself: "wow, that dream was a sign that this person was about to die". Well, what about all those other times you saw people in your dreams and they didn't die? If you dream about various people on a regular basis, eventually someone will, by chance, die after having been in your dream. Basic example of confirmation bias and getting fooled by randomness.

Local time
Today 5:11 PM
-->
To me they are just data, patterns, data, patterns, and then having the correct principle between various reactions and actions. For the outline it is this way. If the correct theory and stats are used, they can turn out to be very accurate.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 12:11 PM
-->
The brain can predict the future by seeing/sensing analyzing very subtly data, what the unconscious send you in the end is only the prediction but not these subtly clues. For example a not obvious sick person may have very subtly difference to an healthy person, it is only while you sleep that the brain analysed it enough to have suspicion, as it just suspension the unconscious will not just tell you "hey the dude is going to die".

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think most of the stuff the brain does has less to with predicting than focusing on possible adverse events. E.g. if you see something moving behind a bush, your brain is less concerned with the exact probability of there being a tiger there than simply assuming there is a tiger there and getting you the fuck out of the situation. It's the same about the stuff OP is talking about. The brain thinks about possible impending misfortunes (people possibly dying and whatnot) and preparing you for it. Sometimes those misfortunes materialize, but most often not.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
What's a Mandela Effect?

If something changes in your reality that is the Mandela effect.

It is when people remember things differently from the reality they are currently in.

Some people remember New Divide with transformers and some remember the video exactly as it is.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:11 AM
-->
IMO, you should live for the present and let the intuition do the predicting, not the Ti.

Top Bottom