• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

President Obama's Temperament

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:09 PM
-->
So I just randomly googled it but it seems like there are some pretty detailed debates about what his type is.

A lot of people say ENFJ, but some say ENTP, ENFP, INTJ, or INTP.

I guess its hard to guess someone's temperament from observing them reciting memorized speeches from their speech writers.

What do you think his type is?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:39 PM
-->
black

No idea. I'm pretty sure politicians should have their own personality inventory that is limited to their projected image.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 3:09 PM
-->
I would say is a sociopath so he does not fit nicely into any.

HiddenScholar

Gentlemen
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
why cant we just take politians and throw them into a huge f**king pit some were if they do anything we (being the intp forum) dont like (it would be a rare occasion for us all to agree on anything)

But does type really matter with them:confused:

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wow FOUR ENTIRE responses since june, and oh yeah, thanks for answering my question!!! o__o

MichiganJFrog

Rupert Pupkin's stalker
Local time
Today 12:09 AM
-->
Wow FOUR ENTIRE responses since june, and oh yeah, thanks for answering my question!!! o__o

Well, it is a tough one! :p

The guy is so guarded it would be hard to type him even face-to-face.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah I bet it is tough. he kinda pauses a lot like he's thinking through his responses. he's definitely intuitive, he has some smart answers. Not sure if he's F/T or J/P.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm poor at guessing but INFJ.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 6:09 AM
-->
I've heard ENFP before, but who knows.

My grandmother is charmed by him. She seems like an ENFP. She has this auto-signed photo card of him, since she voted. The photo is of Obama in a grassy field, petting a dog. Then he "thanks" [enter voter's name].

Who thinks they can do a better job of trolling America?

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:09 PM
-->
So I just randomly googled it but it seems like there are some pretty detailed debates about what his type is.

A lot of people say ENFJ, but some say ENTP, ENFP, INTJ, or INTP.

I guess its hard to guess someone's temperament from observing them reciting memorized speeches from their speech writers.

What do you think his type is?

I think the presidents of recent MUST be Extraverted; it is unlikely an INTROVERT (in this day & age) could make it through the hectic campaign trail without being an extravert; one must necessarily be inclined to meet 'n greet to take the tolls of campaigning, speaking with numerous people, giving speeches; now don't get me wrong, I think an introvert would make a better president, like Plato states in his Philosopher-Kings, but I just don't see this happening in our near future given the extraverted nature of campaigning-- so
E on the EXTRAVERT scale.

INTUITIVE. as I don't know Barrack Obama personally, he could possibly be a SENSOR but I highly doubt it. He 'seems' like a deep thinker and that's about as detailed as I'll go on that respect.

THINKER. Again, I am assuming based on his projected image. His law background and memoirs (not that I've read them lol) probably support the view that he is a THINKER preferred over a FEELER.

Perceiver. This again, is a guess based on my own perception. He does not seem too "JUDGMENTAL" at all. He seems rather open minded; let's take his initial campaign for instance-- he was fine with using social media and non-traditional campaigning means... I don't know if a J-type would have been so creative.

so, based on just a cursory feeling and without doing much research-- I am guessing Barrack Obama is an ENTP.

of course, as was mentioned, this might just be his PROJECTED IMAGE. But, I would have to see some conclusive evidence to suggest other than ENTP.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 1:09 PM
-->
INTJ

I have had the benefit of analysing a bit of his handwriting.

Suraj

Local time
-->
I've always thought Obama to be INTJ. Definitely comes off as an introvert to me, though one with a developed facility for extroversion.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 11:09 PM
-->
George Bush II is very likely an introvert, ISFJ married to an ESTJ (a common pairing). People can act out of their preferences - at a psychological cost. Bush spent a lot of time in solo sports activities, likely recharging his introverted batteries.

Close but no cigar, Obama is likely an ENTJ - the 'intelligent Fieldmarshal'*

I think the presidents of recent MUST be Extraverted; it is unlikely an INTROVERT (in this day & age) could make it through the hectic campaign trail without being an extravert
so, based on just a cursory feeling and without doing much research-- I am guessing Barrack Obama is an ENTP.

E - at ease socially, clearly an E
N - he doesn't gravitate to details but is clearly a big picture person
T - PodLair got one thing right, you can tell Feelers vs Thinkers by the eyes
J - He's too directed and 'put together' to be a P

Read the profile on Wikipedia and you'll see how well it fits.

Personally I like having NT presidents.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I haven't done this, but what about using Pod'Lair to answer this Q? Since we SEE him in public a lot, wouldn't this be the perfect vehicle?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
obama's entp

I enjoy declarative statements with no supporting evidence. It's like drinking diet cola; all taste and no calories.

Given that, ENTP is a possibility. However the ENTP is the practical engineer/inventor type, and I don't see that behavior in Obama. In that case he would have been more likely to have re-engineered the financial system (inventing a solution and fixing a practical problem) Instead he remade health care, not by changing the system so much as by fiddling a few rules, and primarily bringing people together (taxpayers, politicians and the health care system). So he wants everybody to work together, and seems to most want to push people around to his ends, hence, ENTJ Fieldmarshal seems a much more likely choice. Think, the central tenant of his system is simply that everybody has to buy insurance, thus making it affordable.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Analysis: Obama's Temperament

Check this out from the links above:

"2. Te - Body rigid. Movements straightforward & coordinated projecting outward. Articulate. Facial emphasis. Speech flat, dispassionate. Animated but not emotional.

External Logic Discernment/ Overt thoughts meant to impress. Effort devoted to direct explanation of outside world. Motive is to explain to others."

Te if primary would imply ESTJ or ENTJ.

"6. Ni - Fluid body & thoughts. Their abstractions are felt probability. Inertial & elemental nature. Eyes direct rest of body. Eyes: steady, focused, no blink. New focus eyes move with whole head. When looking inward, eyes can "zone-out" responding via universals.

Internal Abstract Perception/ Converys inner picture disregarding affect. Effort devoted to personal picture for outside world. Motive is a personal view of a big picture."

Ni if 2ndary would say ENTJ. Don't take this as gospel. I'm not a keen observer.

Note that if we reverse the Ni Te, we get INTJ.

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
-->
I THINK PRESIDENT OBAMA IS AN ILLUMINATI MONARCH MIND-CONTROLLED DRONE SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HIS MBTI-TYPE IS BECAUSE HE HAS HANDLERS TRIGGERING HIS PERSONALITY AND TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO AND SAY AND HOW TO BEHAVE

LALALALALALALALA

:elephant:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HIS MBTI-TYPE IS BECAUSE HE HAS HANDLERS TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO AND SAY AND HOW TO BEHAVE

Agree with this bit. Not only is he a public figure, but he's a politician, even still the president. His expressions are filtered.

yogurtexpress

Local time
Today 6:09 AM
-->
I enjoy declarative statements with no supporting evidence. It's like drinking diet cola; all taste and no calories.

Given that, ENTP is a possibility. However the ENTP is the practical engineer/inventor type, and I don't see that behavior in Obama. In that case he would have been more likely to have re-engineered the financial system (inventing a solution and fixing a practical problem) Instead he remade health care, not by changing the system so much as by fiddling a few rules, and primarily bringing people together (taxpayers, politicians and the health care system). So he wants everybody to work together, and seems to most want to push people around to his ends, hence, ENTJ Fieldmarshal seems a much more likely choice. Think, the central tenant of his system is simply that everybody has to buy insurance, thus making it affordable.

Where did you see the word 'practical' in the page you linked? Did you attach that word to fit your own conception of an ENTP? No NP is practical. NJs maybe, but even they are far less practical than sensors.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Where did you see the word 'practical' in the page you linked? Did you attach that word to fit your own conception of an ENTP? No NP is practical. NJs maybe, but even they are far less practical than sensors.

My interpretation. "No NP is practical" is a strong declarative statement, are you sure about that? Would you bet your paycheck on it? I'm an INTP and have a strong practical streak, working with computers makes you that way. There are a lot of NTP's in engineering, I've worked with quite a few, and they certainly can be practical. Perhaps its a matter of definition.

Regardless its difficult to type another person, and difficult to type yourself due to the difference between self conception and actuality. I believe Obama is an ENTP, if not that exact type then probably in the vicinity (ENTJ would be my next guess). If you have a better idea why not tell us with your reasoning?

Top Bottom