• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Psychological profiling

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:12 PM
-->
Basically the MBTI is a tool for psychological profilling of the individual

its psychological profiling and assessment of the individual is full of loopholes that can be manipulated on tests.

therefore i think it does a terrible job and leave alot of room for ambugity. Do you know any better and more accurate methods or tools of psychological profiling? Even the criminal case files do a better job.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:12 PM
-->
The profile begins and ends in text. That means the psychological properties must be examined in language. This is not what the psyche consists most of, especially the irrational side of the psyche. Simply put: you need to get in a persona head to profiles them on a true psychological level such as Jung. Language is not optimal because body language plays a role. Apparently body and mind are intimately connected. Example: music an stimulate us in different ways. What some may find relaxing another may get depressed. Emotion plays a role. Whether attracted or repulsed. Much like IE.

To get into someone's head you need experience with many people to spot patterns and differences. Jung's system is not a pick which pokemon you are test. rules exist for differences, real differences and distinctions that the mind operates on anyways in the real world. Jung's system is simple but to recognize it you need to become familiar with psyche differences. This is intuitive so any such text doing the same will be inferior because they break things up instead of putting them together.

A test that could work is not really a test but A.I. - In order that lots of data is put together intuitively behavioral rules would substitute preferential language and be raw data, not just speculation. Eventually, by arranging the data in all sorts of angels a more experimental approach is taken to see all possibilities. That is how IBM Watson works. But it does not interact with you, only examines textual language.

Remember that Ni is going to be rather different than Ne or Si. And sample rate is not always going to be enough information. The point is we need a lot more data and put it together to get the big picture when it comes to psyche profiling, especially Jungian descriptions of what the psyche categorizations are. Jungian psychology is a way of mapping things, thinking it is only pokemon is a grim and silly mistake.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 9:12 PM
-->
Basically the MBTI is a tool for psychological profilling of the individual

In a way yes, but psychologist today can do much better job using different methods.
Each MBTI has a profile, but that profile is not really as descriptive. It gives you only rough idea and I am pretty much sure that all people who read the profile they pick do not agree 100 percent with everything the profile has. 16 types cannot cover entire human spectrum of human behavior. In reality you can profile people into 4 types or even two types or 100 types. Makes little difference how many types.

Put it simply the more detail you want in your profile the more you have to observe the person and know about the person.

therefore i think it does a terrible job and leave alot of room for ambugity. Do you know any better and more accurate methods or tools of psychological profiling? Even the criminal case files do a better job.

What is better depends on what you want to learn about the person.

MBTI is about other people and how you fit into the crowd and how you interact with others. To say it is not good is like saying the cheesburger is not what you wanted, because you wanted salmon. Well if you want salmon you do not go to Burger King.

MBTI was never advertised as some super high quality profiling method. So not sure what website you got the idea from. It is popular, because it is fun, but it has very limited functionality.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Tomorrow 1:42 AM
-->

Big 5 personality test. It is used in neuroscience too

Top Bottom