• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Psychosis

Local time
Today, 03:22
Last December I suffered psychotic episode. Since then I've been recovering and have not suffered another break. I'm just curious as to whether others have suffered psychosis and how it manifested itself and beyond that how they regained their sense of normalcy.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today, 02:22
Perhaps people might be more willing to share or able to relate if you talk a bit about what happened.

Animekitty

(ISFP)-(E)(N)(T)(P)
Local time
Today, 01:22
June 4, 2016 - crack in reality, hallucinations
June 3, 2017 - edibles, lucid nightmares
(13 * 28 = 364)

Local time
Taking my medication was one. Getting a good doctor that didn't over-medicate me helped as well; it made the medication more tolerable. Eating well and taking a lot of supplements. Avoidance of alcohol. Prayer. Exercise and time in nature. Plenty of sleep. Stopped thinking routine chores and tasks were beneath me. And most of all, time to heal. By this I mean, in addition to psychosis, it usually gives you PTSD as well.

baccheion

Local time
Schizophrenia/OCD-like symptoms seem reduced after starting a multivitamin, D + K, and chelated/TRAACS magnesium supplement. Memantine helped a lot, as well as megadose vitamin D + K (500-1,000 IU/kg for 6 months; up to 2 years; 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4; 400-600 mg magnesium) and iodine protocol.

On the other hand, my experience seems like the result of sabotage rather than predispositions (even checked via genetic testing).

QuickTwist

Alive - Born Anew
Local time
Today, 02:22
Routine is something that helps a lot with persons with Schizophrenia. It sounds counter-intuitive because persons with Schizophrenia are typically not very structured in how they behave because their brain handles boundaries differently, but I have benefitted a lot from doing some very simple and basic things like sleeping at the same time every night.

Finding meds that work for you is also necessary for persons with Schizophrenia because Schizophrenia is a chronic condition. While the onset is the worst and the illness typically gets less severe with time, meds, specifically Anti-Psychotics, are generally a key factor in preventing psychotic breaks. It took me a few years to get my meds right and I am still tweaking them with my psychiatrist after 11 years. Controlling the psychotic systems should be the #1 priority though. Following that, you will want to take care of Mania if it is present and after that Depression/Anxiety if they are present.

I will not talk about the onset of my mental illness with anyone. It is too dark to be written/said out loud.

Local time
Thank you so much for your responses. I'm am currently on anti-psychotics and have yet to have a break. Routine really does help. I was very shaken after the break. I'm having a lot of trouble trusting myself but I am feeling more upbeat. Again thank you for your responses.

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
Today, 18:22
I also suffered - wait, why "suffered"? - a psychotic break in december, and have not since. For myself, it was one of a long line of psychotic breaks. Why, I still remember my first psychotic break, it was as if it were only yesterday, yes a time ago and still fresh in the old mind. Oy vey.

Anyway, my last psychosis was scary. Tres scary. It impacted me for a time afterwards. It has faded away yet has potential still to rear itself and draw upon me a spectre of malice, vines entangling me within their green shell of miserious entombment, and yet, and yet, I feel that there is a truth hiding which... excuse me... which has a signifiance which I cannot comprehend. For the experience was, to put it frankly, incomprehensible. I was shot along a line of inquiry of which I could hardly bear to stand up to, for the happenings which did happen to happen, happened to be, for a moment, out of this world.

Now, as for my advice, I would advise - strongly at that - staying away from the so-called... mental health system... for it is not a system for the promotion of health, but rather an institute for the institution of social control. Why yes, one would prefer to be in control of oneself, but for my experience, this is not the thing it promotes. It promotes, to the contrary, handing one's own will/Will over to a power which, through its innate corruption, will only corrupt, or at best substitute one corruption for another.

So, as I stated previously, why... "suffered"?

baccheion

Local time
I also suffered - wait, why "suffered"? - a psychotic break in december, and have not since. For myself, it was one of a long line of psychotic breaks. Why, I still remember my first psychotic break, it was as if it were only yesterday, yes a time ago and still fresh in the old mind. Oy vey.

Anyway, my last psychosis was scary. Tres scary. It impacted me for a time afterwards. It has faded away yet has potential still to rear itself and draw upon me a spectre of malice, vines entangling me within their green shell of miserious entombment, and yet, and yet, I feel that there is a truth hiding which... excuse me... which has a signifiance which I cannot comprehend. For the experience was, to put it frankly, incomprehensible. I was shot along a line of inquiry of which I could hardly bear to stand up to, for the happenings which did happen to happen, happened to be, for a moment, out of this world.

Now, as for my advice, I would advise - strongly at that - staying away from the so-called... mental health system... for it is not a system for the promotion of health, but rather an institute for the institution of social control. Why yes, one would prefer to be in control of oneself, but for my experience, this is not the thing it promotes. It promotes, to the contrary, handing one's own will/Will over to a power which, through its innate corruption, will only corrupt, or at best substitute one corruption for another.

So, as I stated previously, why... "suffered"?
Have you ever looked into nutrient tests like NutrEval? A comprehensive hormone panel (including thyroid panel)? Genetic testing?

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
baccheion said:
Have you ever looked into nutrient tests like NutrEval? A comprehensive hormone panel (including thyroid panel)? Genetic testing?
I don't quite understand what the purpose of these things would be?

baccheion

Local time
baccheion said:
I don't quite understand what the purpose of these things would be?
Maybe fixing any imbalances/deficiencies and supplementing to counter genetic mutations will result in less frequent psychotic breaks.

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
baccheion said:
Maybe fixing any imbalances/deficiencies and supplementing to counter genetic mutations will result in less frequent psychotic breaks.
Ah yes, but psychosis is a natural stage in the development of one's ideas... for me, at least!

I don't want less psychosis. I'd like to understand it better, sure, so that I can make better use of it and not fall into the pitfalls that I've fallen into before, but it's something that, to my eyes, has to happen.

It's been a while since I've been psychotic. I've also not been very mentally stimulated. It seems to me that if I were working more closely on some case, perhaps of a philosophical/spiritual nature, then eventually there would be an overflow of mental energy which would extend into an episode of altered perception and unconscious communication from the depths of my psyche which would direct me towards a more novel and complete manner of viewing the world.

Hm hm hm

(I also realise that my replies to this thread may be unempathetic towards the original poster/SOLROCK. My experiences are not SOLROCK's experiences and I would be wrong to assume that what applies to myself also applies to SOLROCK. Take my words with salt/caution)

Local time
baccheion said:
Ah yes, but psychosis is a natural stage in the development of one's ideas... for me, at least!

I don't want less psychosis. I'd like to understand it better, sure, so that I can make better use of it and not fall into the pitfalls that I've fallen into before, but it's something that, to my eyes, has to happen.

It's been a while since I've been psychotic. I've also not been very mentally stimulated. It seems to me that if I were working more closely on some case, perhaps of a philosophical/spiritual nature, then eventually there would be an overflow of mental energy which would extend into an episode of altered perception and unconscious communication from the depths of my psyche which would direct me towards a more novel and complete manner of viewing the world.

Hm hm hm

(I also realise that my replies to this thread may be unempathetic towards the original poster/SOLROCK. My experiences are not SOLROCK's experiences and I would be wrong to assume that what applies to myself also applies to SOLROCK. Take my words with salt/caution)
Suffered because I suffered during my psychosis. The most intense fear and paranoia I've ever experienced.

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
Suffered because I suffered during my psychosis. The most intense fear and paranoia I've ever experienced.
Yes, I understand, I have at times suffered, but there is much to be gained from those kinds of experiences. Hopefully it has moved you better in line with where you need to go.

I must say that recently, my spirits informed me that what I have been through was in fact not psychosis. I am not sure in what sense that is true, because for years I have generally termed my experiences as psychosis, because I was informed by mental health professionals that that is what it is. So, if it indeed be psychosis, then there is much positive that can be experienced through psychosis.

Was it your first break? The first is often the most difficult, and it gets easier from there.

My second was more grandiose in nature. Psychosis, as I have understood it, is an extreme experience whether good or bad, so there is much stress involved, but often it involves psychic contents that have been on the mind for some time and need to be given a more concrete (if that is the word for it) manifestation.

So, I believe that if you have these experiences again, they will not be so stressful for you. It is possible that they will, I cannot say with any degree of certainty, but I would say not to fear it. Walk the path that you are intent on walking, and if there are journeys you must take into realms unknown, welcome these, and of course keep your mind on the things which you believe to be good, while seeking to bring your beliefs more in line with the true good.

Psychosis can be terrifying, it can be exhilarating, it can be the best and the worst, sometimes at the same time. It transforms. It destroys, it creates. It is a part of the bigger picture, a blessing and a curse, seeking to propel you to the next stage of your life. There are spirits involved, both positive and negative. The negative will seek to bring you down, but the positive will lift you up, and I ask you to have faith that things will be better in the end.

I wish you well on your journey.

Local time
I've had a brief and terrifying one about 3 years ago, and some others before that. I'm losing my memory of the details, but I remember things coming out of the sky and talking to them and getting lost and not knowing when and where I was...etc. Funny story, I remember a nurse coming to check my heart-rate, and it just reads 0, and she gladly confirms that I was in the after-life.

There was a time when everything was perfect and utterly euphoric. Rainbows, butterflies, everyone was glowing and happy, and happy music was playing everywhere. But still I was creeped out by it and found it really off, and I was begging for everything to return to normal. Even worse, it seemed that everyone around me mysteriously knew way too much about me.

It took awhile to fully get settled after being medicated. Even though the meds instantly helped, I still seen big improvements with the months that came after.

There's a cool thing I like to do where I imagine what it would be like right now to live in this moment with a psychotic brain. It indulges in magical thinking. It takes things out of context, it's unable to understand what it's perceiving, it connects dots that aren't there, it even forget it's own story and personality. Then I turn normal functioning back on and muse of how it all functions and corrects.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
My brother had one two years ago. “accidentally” had a ton of peyote. He wanted bear root to chew on for his sore throat, but his friend gave him peyote instead. We suspect it was intentional, but to what end - no idea. He burned up his truck and was quite paranoid for about a year.

He has tried a few medications - but they all seem to just put him in a daze / make him very tired. He seems at his best just when he is on nothing and not stressed.

When he gets stressed out he gets seizures or faints. Happened three times or so now. (When his father in law passed, getting blood drawn, working two jobs are the suspect causes in the cases) He has had to wear a monitor / brain scans, but the doctors don’t know what’s up.

He has certainly improved with time though. These days he is mostly back to how he was befors the incident. I say mostly because he will sometimes make obscure references to things that almost no one would get. I can follow him though, it’s just odd. It’s like he expects everyone else to have impeccable and matching memories to his.

Top Bottom