• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Quote notification

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 8:57 AM
-->
We once had a notification feature, but I can't quite recall why it was removed.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:57 AM
-->
Is it still part of the system and you can turn it back on, or is the vbull version you use old enough that the notifications are not part of the base package?

Not sure what you guys see in the box anyway. Base level mod privs might not allow access to turn options on/off.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 9:57 AM
-->
We have the plugin. It's been disabled because it became buggy after a forum update in 2013. Specifically, after it's turned one one can't post and views blank pages. I've fiddled with it trying to fix things. It doesn't seem like it can be fixed without Ragnar's intervention.

Well, something went wrong: Five modifications needed updating, but one the translator of yore was long gone: so 4: updated them and added Tapatalk, and I couldn't post...

Uninstalled Tapatalk, same thing. Turned off 2 of them just upgraded ( template modification & advanced user tagging ) and it works again.

So you can't tag if ever you did.

Basically, everyone has the mantra: upgrade; then when you do it stops working. Doesn't stop them telling you to keep the upgrade as anyone ever on a Mozilla or Wordpress help forum can notice.

Patch

Illuminaughty
Local time
Today 8:57 AM
-->
I'm pretty sure there are like 2 other plugins at vb.org that have the same function. I used to be a vb dev, so I could try to take a look at the plugin, but that was yonks ago.

Top Bottom