• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Random scenes that pop into my head

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 03:44
A hypothetical scene for the movie Suicide Squad, straight-laced military man Rick Flag orders Deadshot to take point going up a building’s internal fire escape stairs.

“I’m not like them you know”

“Uh-huh”

“They’re psychos and serial killers”

“And you kill people for money”

“So do you, only difference is you’re an employee and I’m a contractor”

“I’m no hired gun, I fight for my country because it’s right”

“Uh-huh so what did she promise you?”

“What?”

“I’ve had lots of employers over the years and this Waller bitch I know her type, she’s the sort that’ll commission work then try to pay you with exposure”

“…”

“My point is she promised you something and whatever it is you’re not going to get it”

“So why are you here?”

“To fight for my country of course” (sarcastically)

“Oh fuck off” (amused)

Once they exit the stairs (effectively a faraday cage) Waller checks in with Rick Flag and notices the tension between him and Deadshot has lessened “Watch yourself Rick, Deadshot’s a high functioning psychopath with an IQ to match some of my analysts, do NOT let him get into your head”

“No Ma’am” no inflection, just acknowledgement.

After the call Waller stares blankly at the screen for a few seconds, not really looking at it, then swears and turns to one of her assistants “Get me Deadshot’s file, I’m going to need more leverage”.

Animekitty

I am all of my perception (666)
Local time
Today, 07:44
Do you actually see this happen in your head?
Can you use mental images to think up ideas / invent things?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 03:44
You know when you're in a shopping center food court and you can hear everyone talking but you have to focus on who you're listening to in order to hear what they're actually saying? That's my mind, when I'm doing a test I'm shouting across the room to see if anyone's got the answer, when I'm bored I go wandering, there's a lot going on in here and very little of it needs my conscious oversight.

Accurate/specific mental imagery takes a lot of focus, my concept of a dog is a vague amalgamation of every dog I've ever seen or rather I don't load details into my working memory unless I need them. So if I'm just thinking of dogs in general the mental image is like a stick figure drawn in crayon (a mostly symbolic representation) whereas if I'm thinking of a specific dog I'll add detail until it's a caricature of that dog. I can take it to the point that I have a photo realistic three dimensional animation with sound and physics and anything else I want to add to it but that much effort is seldom necessary.

A skill I've developed through 3D modelling and my interests in robotics and machining is the ability to imagine geometric objects with metric dimensions and mentally make changes to those objects and know how those changes are going to change the appearance/functionality of that object, basically mental parametric modelling.

Top Bottom