• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Salutations!

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
Today, 14:03
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum here and there for a bit, and thought I might as well make an account now...

Let's see... about me... well, I'm female and a pretty solid INFP. I've been addressed at work as "Ya damn hippie". I enjoy reading, mostly classic literature or science fiction. Predictably, I'm also an aspiring writer. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, just ask... :)

I think most of my favorite people are NTs, so I look forward to meeting more favorite people here!

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
Today, 20:03
hello, awesome welcome, an infp do we even have one?

Also, what do you aspire to write?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:03
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum here and there for a bit, and thought I might as well make an account now...

Let's see... about me... well, I'm female and a pretty solid INFP. I've been addressed at work as "Ya damn hippie". I enjoy reading, mostly classic literature or science fiction. Predictably, I'm also an aspiring writer. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, just ask... :)

I think most of my favorite people are NTs, so I look forward to meeting more favorite people here!
Welcome Kudryavka!

I have Real Life INFP friends and I really enjoy their company so I guess I'll enjoy yours as well.

What classic pieces literature have you read and enjoyed?

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
Well, right now I have several short stories and a novel-length story sort of floating around in various stages of completion. I enjoy writing dramatic, character-driven stories that have a historical or science fiction-y feel to them. But I wouldn't call them realistic... more towards romantic, I think. I described one of my plots to a friend and he said it had a mystical quality.

What classic pieces literature have you read and enjoyed?
Hm, I'm not terribly well-read yet, but I think I've loved everything I read by Dostoevsky so far. His work is always such a treat that I went out and bought lots of his novels, but I haven't read most of them, because I don't want to run out of them too soon. :o

By the way, since I see you have a Shaw quote in your signature, I'd like to mention that I recently read The Doctor's Dilemma and enjoyed it very much. My copy contained a lengthy preface written by him in which he detailed many problems with the medical system in his day. I couldn't stop laughing - he is wonderfully snarky!

Magus

Local time
Today, 20:03
Dostoevsky is a bit of a treat, I finally got around to finishing Crime and Punishment recently, was pretty good if I don't say so myself :P
I couldn't stomach The Possessed though, that will have to be for next time.

Welcome from Australia! :king-twitter:

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
Dostoevsky is a bit of a treat, I finally got around to finishing Crime and Punishment recently, was pretty good if I don't say so myself :P
I couldn't stomach The Possessed though, that will have to be for next time.
Yes... I don't think I would be exaggerating if I said that Crime and Punishment changed my perspective pretty significantly. When people ask me what is my favorite book, that's usually the one I mention.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today, 21:03
hello, awesome welcome, an infp do we even have one?

we have that "gopher" guy.

Kudryavka, welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay.

if you feel like sharing your written works, please do.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today, 09:03
That picture of Laika always gives me goosebumps.

Nice to have another literary soul on board.

Enjoy.

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
if you feel like sharing your written works, please do.
Thanks, maybe when they have met my standard of perfection I will feel comfortable enough to do so :P

That picture of Laika always gives me goosebumps.
There is something really haunting about it, I think. She had such an intelligent and wise expression, like she knew more about the mission than she was letting on.

Recently I stumbled upon some old video footage of her. Seeing her in motion, rather than just photos, was both a haunting and sobering experience for me...

Top Bottom