• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Stimulants

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
Today 4:15 AM
-->
What are your favorite stimulants (not intellectual one but chemically )
Coffee?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm keeping it old school with caffeine and nicotine, but I'm sure kids nowadays have wilder shit up their sleeve. Pharmaceuticals for ADHD patients and whatnot

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
I've been taking modafinil everyday for who knows how long. Used to take it with energy drinks but I've been trying coffee the last two days, it's a better experience. I think modafinil by itself may be best.

I've crammed 6 weeks of code into 3-4 Days, it's a big beefy project that had to be revised to fit principles. I am my greatest weakest and my greatest strength. I wonder what full power would be like to do something in modularity, I have another test on monday too so I'll need to cram half of tomorrow and sunday for that. Haven't been to class in weeks (I think it'd be 3 now).

Rebis

Local time
-->
Mainly 100mg but sometimes 200

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
If I want motivation I just unchain my massive ego. Its enough to keep me running like bull. Having a massive ego helps so much more than anything else.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
If I want motivation I just unchain my massive ego. Its enough to keep me running like bull. Having a massive ego helps so much more than anything else.
Do you try to balance the damage it does to your environment ?

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->

Rebis

Local time
-->

do you feel modafinil locks your psyche into a single direction for days?
Yes, among other habits. Approsching the singularity, distractions are few.

Do you get back on the same track when you stop taking it?

Today's my first day off of it. I'm not sure. Low incidence of withdrawal.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->

do you feel modafinil locks your psyche into a single direction for days?
Yes, among other habits. Approsching the singularity, distractions are few.

Do you get back on the same track when you stop taking it?

Today's my first day off of it. I'm not sure. Low incidence of withdrawal.
whats the proper method to take it?

Rebis

Local time
-->
I've experimented a decent amount with various nootropics.

I don't think about goals anymore with my current stack: 100mg of modafinil in the morning, a heavy coffee an hour later. The model of setting goals and planning implies you have to formulate a strategy: I have no strategy, as soon as I think of doing work I do it.

Controversial opinion: Goals are a fable for those that aren't doing anything. I do not think, I do.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->

I don't think about goals anymore with my current stack: 100mg of modafinil in the morning, a heavy coffee an hour later. The model of setting goals and planning implies you have to formulate a strategy: I have no strategy, as soon as I think of doing work I do it.

Controversial opinion: Goals are a fable for those that aren't doing anything. I do not think, I do.
at what time in the morning, because when i use to take it at 8am i was not able to sleep till next day in the morning and even the night of the next day

Rebis

Local time
-->

at what time in the morning, because when i use to take it at 8am i was not able to sleep till next day in the morning and even the night of the next day

I take around 10-12, go to bed 2am-4am. I usually get at least 6 hours of sleep a night, usually 7 though I had been taking it for like 1-2 weeks (I've lost all concept of time really so idk how long). If you somehow know the Isomer you Modafinil without the S-Isomer (armodafinil) which extends the duration then that could've been a contributing factor. Normal modafinil has a shorter duration with more of a high. You may've not needed the extra energy, I don't think I certainly do since I walk everywhere quite fast and I'm rarely exhausted.

Experiment with other stimulants, though you should try and model what you're trying to supplement: An attention deficit? Well, look into the chemical signals that regulation attention, reward, concentration and energy-levels. Think about it, try a process of elimination in your life to ascertain which one is realistic, and then decide which substance you think will help you.

For example, I take acetyl-choline because choline is very scarce in a normal diet and the synthesis pathway from choline to acetyl-choline is low. So I supplement acetyl-choline since it's an important neurotransmitter along with GABA, though it's far more likely to be deficient in acetyl-choline due to it's production pathway than it is GABA.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->

I take around 10-12, go to bed 2am-4am. I usually get at least 6 hours of sleep a night, usually 7 though I had been taking it for like 1-2 weeks (I've lost all concept of time really so idk how long). If you somehow know the Isomer you Modafinil without the S-Isomer (armodafinil) which extends the duration then that could've been a contributing factor. Normal modafinil has a shorter duration with more of a high. You may've not needed the extra energy, I don't think I certainly do since I walk everywhere quite fast and I'm rarely exhausted.

Experiment with other stimulants, though you should try and model what you're trying to supplement: An attention deficit? Well, look into the chemical signals that regulation attention, reward, concentration and energy-levels. Think about it, try a process of elimination in your life to ascertain which one is realistic, and then decide which substance you think will help you.

For example, I take acetyl-choline because choline is very scarce in a normal diet and the synthesis pathway from choline to acetyl-choline is low. So I supplement acetyl-choline since it's an important neurotransmitter along with GABA, though it's far more likely to be deficient in acetyl-choline due to it's production pathway than it is GABA.
i bought some modaalert today 100 mg
ill try tomorrow with Gaba + choline + L-Phenylalanine + B complex + Taurine

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
I take around 10-12, go to bed 2am-4am
I took it today, at 11:30
So far I noticed some effects at 12:00
Like some little physical pressure at the backwards-left side of my left hemisphere
Around 3 I was normally focused like I always am .. but I was getting tired easily so I had to take brakes in between.
I was feeling so tired I laid on my bed while using a mobile holder to watch a lecture.
Eventually I sleep and I now its 6:30 and I woke up after 3:20 hours
I feel irritated after waking up but it might be normal.
But still I feel sleepy

Rebis

Local time
-->
@xersevx this happened to me on one occasion. I suggest taking it tomorrow, try a larger dose or take caffeine with it. Try it with caffeine

Rebis

Local time
-->
Top Bottom