• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Summary for RB's Sessions

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 3:41 AM
-->
This thread will be the one thread to discuss anything regarding looting, changes to how the session runs or suggestions for improvements.

XP gain for session one was 3225. Divided by 5 means you're all sitting at 645/2,000 XP to level 2. Quick note, there will be ways for people to gain individual XP bonuses. No I won't tell you what they are :p

Loot was as follows (magical item denoted by *):
3gp, 4sp.
Ring of Feather Fall*
Battle-axe (Aberration Bane)*
2x shortbows (small)
37x Arrow
Padded Armor
2x Light wooden shield
Gold ring
Half-Plate
Greataxe
Spear (small)

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 3:11 AM
-->
I vote we liquidate all non-usable assets and add it to the party pool of gold before splitting the total. Greg will detect magic on everything before we sell it to ensure no useful stuff slips through our fingers.

- We should put the half-plate on Grimm if he has nothing better

- Bows and arrows should be carried by everyone that can use them, there is often times when having a bow forces opponents to come to you, instead of having us wade through their gauntlet of traps and spells.

- We should work out the optimal way for our party to work together in selling goods in order to turn the highest and most consistent profit (without wasting a whole bunch of time). I have +9 to appraise atm, but my diplomacy is only +5, and otherwise my charisma is abysmal. I believe Cheese has a cantrip/orison that improves diplomacy by +2, and Cog likely has charms or w/e that could potentially improve sales as well (though this could easily burn bridges).

Edit: Oh, and in reference to Cog's post in another thread, I think it best to default assume that all loot picked up will be split, unless the player who found it specifically decides to keep it from the party. In the interest of saving time (if everyone agrees), we could combine the total maximum light load of everyone, minus everything they're carrying for themselves, and just assume that the party is carrying the loot that they're not using so long as the sum weight of the loot is less that our light load pool. This way we wouldn't have to worry about who is carrying what.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:41 PM
-->
I'm fine with it being, aside from whatever specific items are granted to a member, all divvied up and distributed to keep everyone under "light load." Once we get enough gold to buy a haversack, that should help too.

I'm not much use in Diplomatic settings, especially due to my facial scar. But you can bring me in as the heavy, if we need to intimidate someone.

if Cog uses a Charm, you just have to be careful not to be obnoxious and try to make it seem natural -- a nudge, rather than a compulsion.

EDIT: There are a lot of RB threads and with bleedover. if we could just keep the topic specific to each, that would be good.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
The armor bonus is better, but the lost Dex bonus, extra weight and check penalties don't really make the Half Plate worthwhile for Grim at the moment. He's happy to sell it.

It's got a couple of dents, so it'll sell for slightly less - base 275g.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:41 AM
-->
if Cog uses a Charm, you just have to be careful not to be obnoxious and try to make it seem natural -- a nudge, rather than a compulsion.
I don't have Charm anymore, I swapped it for hypnotism when I found out it couldn't be used to recruit bodyguards.

It's got a couple of dents, so it'll sell for slightly less - base 275g.
With my +5 Charisma I think I should be the one doing the selling and I'll take a crack at bluffing to increase the value of each item we sell by a modest amount, e.g. Those dents aren't damage, they're features, nobody respects a fighter with pristine armour so blacksmiths are asked to make cosmetic "battle damage" of course this dosen't diminish the armour's protectiveness or durability in any way.

My bluff: 1d20+14

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
With my +5 Charisma I think I should be the one doing the selling and I'll take a crack at bluffing to increase the value of each item we sell by a modest amount, e.g. Those dents aren't damage, they're features, nobody respects a fighter with pristine armour so blacksmiths are asked to make cosmetic "battle damage" of course this dosen't diminish the armour's protectiveness or durability in any way.

My bluff: 1d20+14

Good plan, then. And I like the recasting of the dents as "features." it's like getting one of those crappy spotless t-shirts with stenciled on rock band signatures, versus one that the rock star wore and sweated in.

If they do happen to see through you, what are the repercussions? Do we get driven out of town? :p lol...

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:41 AM
-->
As for what we're selling I don't need any of it so I'm happy to sell it all, I suggest people call dibs on what they want to keep and if two people want the same thing they can sort it out amongst themselves, meanwhile magic items like the feather fall ring should be held onto as a party wide asset (one person can wear it if they want, it dosen't matter) because if for example we came across a cliff we want to get to the bottom of we could use it to go down one at a time and I can use mage hand to bring the ring back up.

If they do happen to see through you, what are the repercussions?
Not much I figure, I work in retail and people try all kinds of shit all the time.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yup, that stuff is generally party assets. Same thing if we find scrolls, potions, and wands. Obviously the potions are one-shot, but they're given to whoever can best use them. Spellcasters/Divines get the scrolls and wands and they're used to help the group.

We can also reallocate later. I.e., since you can only wear two rings, if someone has three, they can pass one of them to someone elsel

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
So for the time of the next session, please fill out another doodle.

Cognisant said:
Not much I figure, I work in retail and people try all kinds of shit all the time.

I wouldn't try to conflate the happenings of a 2014 retail store to being any kind of indicator of how a medieval arms dealer is going to respond to being cheated :p

I'd suggest that you might want to pick and choose carefully which specific items you're going to try and bluff merchants on. Remember you're only one bad roll away from consequences. It might not be worth the risk for a small return - but you would certainly be able to do it.

Top Bottom