• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Swimming

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
Yesterday 7:21 PM
-->
I have been swimming more and more every summer, and I just think that swimming laps is just so relaxing and great for exercise.

I was just wondering about other people's experience swimming. Can you swim? Do you enjoy it? Do you find it good exercise? Where do you like to swim?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 10:21 AM
-->
I've started swimming 4+ days a week due to my physio forcing me to submit with a witches curse telling me to swim. When I'm not stabbing people with swords it's 6 days a week.

I hate putting my head underwater and not being able to breath however a snorkel is good for that. I kinda know how to do breaststroke and freestyle and do them mostly with a little backstroke however butterfly is still an ancient Illuminati art. (Which I've been told not to do anyway)

Only problem is I have to spend roughly $230 per fortnight on physio and exercise/petrol costs as the pool near me isn't heated and it's winter.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah. Although I do keep the petrol costs down by motorcycling there and back if that's what you mean.

TBerg

Local time
-->
My favorite is the breaststroke, as I think that it provides the movement best for strengthening the muscles. I have also figured out a good feel for continuing to breathe above water.

How come your routine is mandated?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Due to a shoulder/back issue. Yeah I like breaststroke best as well.

TBerg

Local time
-->
I have recurrent back problems that are kept at bay by swimming as well. It makes everything better.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:21 AM
-->
It's good exercise and is quite enjoyable. I prefer good ol' doggie paddle for playing in the water. I prefer the pool and out of the way rivers/seas for swimming since I can swim alone or with familiar people.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Sure, I don't really care where I swim as long as the water is warm.

YOLOisonlyprinciple

Local time
Today 5:51 AM
-->
I love being underwater :D

Swimming is by far one of the most pleasurable activities to me.
swimming underwater feels amazing, it is the only time i can literally move in any direction, underwater swimming is the human equivalent of a bird flying

I used to spend 4-5 hours at the pool in summers before. Now i havent gone to the pool in a year. Makes me sad.

And if im swimming for exercise i usually use those nose pad thingies, it makes it so much more fun cos i dont have to worry about water in my nose anymore.

the pool near me isn't heated and it's winter.

ive swam at 10degrees celsius, and it feels amazing after the first 2 mins, espl if it is raining.
Have you swam at winter, how cold does it get and how does it feel?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Second last asthma attack was swimming in unheated water in winter. In other words I don't know! I do like it when it's raining though.

INB4 everyone in this thread becomes an Se dom.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
I don't actually know how to swim.

I'm an advanced scuba diver though.

Work that out.

I intend to learn how to swim this summer, though. It can't be that hard. Kids can do it.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Took me about four sessions to work out the basics. Most of my problem was I didn't have something covering my eyes or nose and needed something to breath with. Once I had that I had no problem, ignoring the devil worship style of swimming of course.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Took me about four sessions to work out the basics. Most of my problem was I didn't have something covering my eyes or nose and needed something to breath with. Once I had that I had no problem, ignoring the devil worship style of swimming of course.

How long ago did you learn to swim? As a child or an adult?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Oh, well I did learn to swim as a child for maybe a few years. Only recently re-learned to swim though. I started from not being to able to swim at all basically just paddle around with head out of water but maybe my childhood swimming lessons kicked in.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 8:21 PM
-->
I rarely swim at all nowadays, mainly because I don't enjoy the beach much and I'm not really ever around a pool.

However, my mom took me for swimming lessons and to the pool/lake regularly as a kid. I learned how to swim (and various types of strokes -- butterfly, crawl, side stroke, backstroke, etc.) very early in life, although I'm really rusty; and water itself never bothers me. It can be fun at the times when I'm actually in the water.

I like actually to gently drop to the bottom of the pool and just sit there calmly, holding my breath, not moving, watching everything happening around me. It's rather peaceful. (But I probably scare the shit out of the lifeguards doing that.) Pool volleyball is kind of fun.

Top Bottom