• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Te in INFP

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
M'here to bring an observation I find in 3 peculiar INFP's.

Those signs of Fi - Te judgements. Those signs being their response to social interaction and the significant contrast between myself and these people.(On another light, I have, at this exact moment, noticed a difficulty in myself trying to explain my supposed given understanding of the typing of these people. It is this tendency of instinctually "anchoring" guesses into facts that have continuously blurred my sight but has given myself the willingness to explore.) They show significant adaptive behavior(JiPe) added with significant inferior articulation and with significant value-based opinions. Approach in interaction is also less facially responsive and "strong personal beliefs" applies.

The only remaining anti-factor is highly critical in logic and a preference for objective systems (math, economics, strategy etc.).

I have met 3 of these "Te INFP's" in 2 weeks: all male. The End.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 9:54 PM
-->
Uhhhhm, are you sure these are INFPs and not really Ti-ed out INFJs?

Just curious because Math, economics, and strategy are all things that Ni users with strong Ti tend to be into rather than Te heavy INFPs.

Edit: also, being into objective systems does not make you a Te user, by that logic you are all Te users because MBTI is an objective system. External systems are just more things our Ti can munch on.

XXXX

Local time
Today 12:54 PM
-->
Adymus - where would Te heavy INFP's interests most likely be as a comparison? I would guess politics might be one (since there may be social issues may stimulate their lead Fi).

IndigoSensor

Is Not A Sensor
Local time
Yesterday 10:54 PM
-->
It's quite rare for a person (independent of their type) to have a heavy use of their inferior function. Simply by the nature of INFP's I think they would be some of the least common out of all the types to begin to work on their inferior function. In actuality, it is more likely that having a strong inferior function, will result in the dominant function being more efficent, faster working, and less "crazy".

For an INFP, if they have strong Te, then they will be much better at applying their Fi to others and actually use it much more fairly to make judgements. Properly working Fi is extremely good at understanding the motivations within another person, and if they have tapped into their Te they could become scary spot on with this. I have never met an IxFP type irl that has this abillity, but I have seen them online. I doubt you would ever see a strong external application of Te, except maybe in the work place. However the work place will make anyone conform to how they have to work there, and that kinda goes beyond the external maifestation of the persons type.

I think what you might be seeing (assuming they are INFP's), is just well working Fi that has had a Te counterweight placed on it. An exceedingly important peice for an IxFP to grow. Without it, they can (from my point of view) be some of the most dreadful people to be around.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
Actually heavy use of an inferior function is not very uncommon at all*. Especially when it comes to INFPs of the Male variety; Fi is not something that is easily appreciated (especially in males) in the world, on top of that it is easily hurt, because of that it is not uncommon for INFPs to put up a "Te front", as an attempt to shield them from the pain the world is causing them.
This kind of use of Te is not efficient at all, and will lead to stress and depression before it will ever lead to a emotionally balanced psyche.

But, if said INFP has developed their Te through causes that their Fi can resonate with (As opposed to leaning on their Te directly) and be stimulated by, they can reach their Te in a way that is far more energizing and efficient.

*Heavy use of inferior functions mainly come from out of types whose natural abilities of their dominant functions are often overlooked or unappreciated by their environment, such as Ni, Ne, Fi, and sometimes even Fe.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
Adymus - where would Te heavy INFP's interests most likely be as a comparison? I would guess politics might be one (since there may be social issues may stimulate their lead Fi).
You would still see interests that mainly resonate with thier Fi, even for the Ti-heavy INFJs, Math, Economics, and Strategy are all things that would interest Ni users.
So I would say things like Social work, Psychology, and politics is strong possibility too in the case of Jimmy Carter and Ralph Nader.

IndigoSensor

Is Not A Sensor
Local time
Yesterday 10:54 PM
-->
Actually heavy use of an inferior function is not very uncommon at all*. Especially when it comes to INFPs of the Male variety; Fi is not something that is easily appreciated (especially in males) in the world, on top of that it is easily hurt, because of that it is not uncommon for INFPs to put up a "Te front", as an attempt to shield them from the pain the world is causing them.
This kind of use of Te is not efficient at all, and will lead to stress and depression before it will ever lead to a emotionally balanced psyche.

But, if said INFP has developed their Te through causes that their Fi can resonate with (As opposed to leaning on their Te directly) and be stimulated by, they can reach their Te in a way that is far more energizing and efficient.

*Heavy use of inferior functions mainly come from out of types whose natural abilities of their dominant functions are often overlooked or unappreciated by their environment, such as Ni, Ne, Fi, and sometimes even Fe.

I do agree, and the bold I really agree with. I was more or less referring to good use of the inferior function. I sort of disregard bad use of a function as "use" because it just creates discord more often then not. As such when I said it was very uncommon, I was more or less referring to the fact that good use is exceedingly rare.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
Uhhhhm, are you sure these are INFPs and not really Ti-ed out INFJs?

I have just met several INFJ's(seems a populous bunch) and based on experience that I am not willing to elaborate on I cannot say NJ. The only factor that hindered me slightly was this Te front.
Just curious because Math, economics, and strategy are all things that Ni users with strong Ti tend to be into rather than Te heavy INFPs.
What would Te heavy INFP's tend to have more interest in?

The 1st Male Te INFP enjoyed Ambassadorship/Physics/Math/History

The 2nd Tactics Strategy and Economics

The 3rd Science

Edit: also, being into objective systems does not make you a Te user, by that logic you are all Te users because MBTI is an objective system. External systems are just more things our Ti can munch on.
My train of thought was like this: Dominant=Fi is Fact and T=objective, therefore Te in INFP.

Another factor was that I hardly saw any bouncy Ne so I went with ISFP. I thought ludicrous due to significant abstract preference but also expression of historical data was large so I thought INFP with Heavy Si-Te.

With INFJ, Fe is always so persistent. With INFP, socialization becomes "lazier".

I like this.

ginoskein

Local time
Today 12:54 AM
-->

Damn. How do you know about this? I came to the conclusion I had done this completely independently of ever reading it. I knew that I was using my vast memory to absorb facts through reading everything in order to shield myself from emotional harm.

There's something about being able to state something in an extremely factually accurate manner that disarms people who might otherwise be inclined to do harm to my sensitivity. In other words, everyone is either intimidated by, impressed, or in love with an expert. And pretending to be an expert is how I have survived living for years...

Now I'm dating an INFJ who can't stand that I don't gush out gooey feeliness whenever we begin or end any kind of verbal interaction. What is wrong with her??

She was convinced I'm what she referred to as a "T," until she realized that was impossible. And then she doesn't understand the opacity of Fi and how it expresses itself through the technology of language instead of the more primitive and basic Fe bodily motions and voice tones. Fe is so much like interacting with infants.

Top Bottom