• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The 3 ticks. (advice)

Joe13414

ENTPlease kill me
Local time
Today 8:45 AM
-->
Im in highschool as a senior and I got these 3 ticks: the first is the girl that is actually my suggested, and assigned partner for my college medical classes, I saw her as a dating option but the more I got to know her the more she kinda pushed away but started asking for things, notes, chargers, pencils, lunch money and stuff, I give it to them, but next time I'm not, but then again she's pretty attractive, I don't know their type though. The second is this kid, he's like a junior but looks like a freshman, kid looks like fuckin 1:16th bigfoot with anorexia, and what he does is he talks shit, a lot of it, like Britney Spears' career wise. And he meets me, I called him weak as a joke, so he spends the next week talking about he's won all of his 13 fights and how he's an atheist (because his parents force him to go to church and "its boring") so I told him it takes maturity to just choose a religion like that, and how I doubt he's been a fight, or at least one when he talks like so. I saw his final Art project and it's a giant 5 nights at freddy's reddit sign. So he gets supported by the entire class against me that you need to be mature about those choices; what I said exactly. They put it as "forced religion." So 2 days ago I held an argument against the whole class besides 3 guys, who didn't do anything, like the teacher. So after they dont let me even speak in turn they all shun me. And now I get shamed for speaking in 3/6 classes. The last tick is a girl whom I actually really had intense feelings for since the 7th grade, who I gained the balls to talk to last year, then they pawn me hardcore. (my old post Emotions). Now they're watching me from afar, not-purposely toying my emotions. I can almost bet small that they're watching for my well being of emotions, like they feel guilty that I started getting louder (good and bad) and angrier. (they're INFJ to help explain)
but not listed, but most importantly, christmas commercials in november. :mad:
Im open for advice (why I posted)

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:15 PM
-->
Re: People that talk shit about fights etc.
Everyone knows it's bullshit. Calling people on it doesn't help you. Only call people on bullshit if you've got a good reason, like you're genuinely concerned for the well-being of the bullshitter (since they're constantly putting themselves at social disadvantage).

Highschool kids do this stuff all the time. "I've got a girlfriend it's just she's from another school so you've never met her". They're just trying to fit in, and usually they learn that there's better ways.

Re: religion
Interesting that that flipped on you. Usually it's the outspoken asshole atheist that gets shat on by the crowd. Sounds like people are reacting to you or your reputation more than what you're actually saying? You seem like a disagreeable type?

Joe13414

ENTPlease kill me
Local time
-->
Ive been known to argue out of (my perspective) reasonablity, but seen as "nazi" or "alt-right", but I like to argue, I dont disagree with race or sex, but ive debated the wage gap and transgenders, but I always try to play cards on the rational side, but in Wisconsin, we have millions of modern liberals and huge conservitives, so im arguing against 2 sides, so I get a badish reputation, mainly on there bias.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:15 PM
-->
Everyone thinks that they're being reasonable and that it's everyone else who's biased.

There's a reason a lot of people avoid political conversation, it lends itself to arguing against a position rather than talking to a person. Political ideology is often a product of someone's most closely held beliefs, if not an identity. Disagreements almost always escalate into defensiveness, especially if your views are divisive like those of the alt-right (not saying they are, but if they're being compared with it they may be divisive too).

I'd find a place to express/discuss your political issues that isn't your immediate social surrounds. Don't shit where you eat so to speak.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:45 AM
-->

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
Today 4:45 AM
-->
but in Wisconsin, we have millions of modern liberals and huge conservitives, so im arguing against 2 sides, so I get a badish reputation, mainly on there bias.

Do you believe Wisconsin differs from much of the rest of the US in this regard?
The whole effin country is polarized.

It's democrats VERSUS republicans ... liberals VERSUS conservatives ... Theist VERSUS aTheists ... US versus THEM ... Tweedle Dee VERSUS Tweedle Dum.

Any fool who attempts to occupy a Goldilocksian middle or just-right zone is so IN YOUR FACE to those occupying both extreme camps by NOT buying onto the false dilemma, false dichotomy bullshit that both sets of morons react as polarized, stinkin' thinkin' morons MUST.

You can't just waltz in, present evidence that all the fucktards are behaving as illogical fucktards trapped in a dualistic, bipolar metaphor and Get Away With It.
In the land of the blind -- blind from stupefaction -- the one-eyed only-par-stupefied man is NOT king; he's usually the scapegoat who gets nailed to the cross to allow would-be Christians to retain their piety ... precious WorldView composed of various and sundry 1-bit-of-resolution dualistic distinctions as if REAL and applicable to the Real World in ways their Folie et Pluseurs `cultural' biases can't -- nay, WON'T -- allow.

Best of luck in dealing with YOUR trans-rational ideologues!
FWIW, we've got 'em in spades in Upstate New York as well.

Joe13414

ENTPlease kill me
Local time
-->
Tbh, Im not gonna argue about that, im rethinking my stance to you in general
You write like an artist, I find myself infaturated with it.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:45 PM
-->
Having read the thread, it seems to me that you need to devote more practice to honing your ‘zero fucks’ ability and pick your battles better. You lost all these battles as soon as you attached value to them. These ‘ticks’ are not worthwhile expenditures of intellect.

In other words, chill out man. This is small fish. Devote your energy to more worthwhile pursuits than being bothered by these human interactions.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well, just a footnote: It is unlikely they are paying as much attention to you as you think they are. Most people pay attention to themselves. So dial it all back a bit and relax. Learn to say "Meh." Then, when you're more comfortably balanced between giving a crap and not giving a crap what people think of you, you can add punctuation: "Meh?"
:D

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
You write like an artist, I find myself infatuated with it.

At long last!
9 out of 10 find it word salad indicative of one-or-more DSM diagnoses? ;)

Try not to confuse or conflate the writing style with the writer.
There's been plenty of good art created by assholes you wouldn't want to talk or hang with IRL.
I might resemble this remark ... with beauty residing firmly in the eye/mind of the beholder.

I'm not sure I could `teach' it or even give clues how to simulate or emulate it as it seems reflective or derivative of my WorldView, PoV, mood of the moment, whatever.

I'm sure that once you've seen enough of it the infatuation will wear off. :cool:

Top Bottom