• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The difference between INTP and ENTP

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:39 AM
-->
So, awhile back someone suggested that I should look at ENTP as a possible alternative to my assumed INTP personality type.

After looking into I can see some traits of both INTP and ENTP.

They share all the same cognitive functions they are just ordered differently.

So as a form of father research I am hoping to reach out so some of the other people on this forum who are ENTP. How would your describe your ENTP-ness and what do you find are the key differences between INTP and ENTP.

From my research the only real difference I can find is that ENTPs are more social oriented.

However, this happens to create quite of conundrum for me because I am an Ambivert. basically my introversion and extroversion nearly cancel each other out. I would consider myself slightly more introverted then extroverted but not extremely so. I like to study people, therefore I love being in places that are filled with people. I love consents, amusement parks, parks, Malls. I like to people watch. Its not exactly that I want to be apart of them I just want to analyze them.

Thank for you contributions.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->
Re: The differance between INTP and ENTP

I also enjoy people watching and analyzing society from a detached perspective. I think that is the difference. ENTPs like to be part of it then be from the outside.

Although I would say that sometimes that sometimes I feel more like an entp when focusing on my extroverted functions(Ne,Fe). This doesn't last long and I think can wear me down after extended use. Its also the whole idea of acting as an unhealthy enneagram 5(INTP) going toward stress level which is enneagram 7(a lot of ENTPs).

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:39 AM
-->

Not sure if you read my last three-ish posts on my thread, but I just dealt with that issue myself, if so then personalitycafe.com and search ENTP vs INTP or just ENTP and you can compare your habits/identity with those.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Not sure if you read my last three-ish posts on my thread, but I just dealt with that issue myself, if so then personalitycafe.com and search ENTP vs INTP or just ENTP and you can compare your habits/identity with those.

That is the point of me writing this post I am wishing to get some more input for ENTPs or even INTPs that may have once thought they were ENTPs. I have not read the post you are referencing to if you post a link I will look them up.
I have done searches on-line for the differences now I am trying to get a more personal understanding form people that actually identify themselves with ENTP-ness.

By the way form my personal research I believe that I still lean closer to INTP then ENTP however, since I learned much more about INTP after joining this site I am hoping to learn more about ENTP before I make my final judgment (well more like next adjustment to my thinking I not really I'm not really in making final judgments.)

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

Adam Savage is a good public example of an ENTP. Visibly Ne, and they draw people around them. Less contemplative than INTP's.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

INTP = Ti Ne Si Fe
ENTP = Ne Ti Fe Si
The difference is which do you put at higher priority most of the time, Ti or Ne?

There were a couple of ENTP refugees from a downed ENTP Forum a while back. They quickly tossed around some ideas and liked to chat about them. I had the feeling they wouldn't stay ... I didn't.

Would you like their names?

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

heheh I can see why the ENTPs wouldn't stay, you guys are... all right jk :)

damn INTPs always be asking "why?" but I just want to know "why not?"

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:39 PM
-->

damn INTPs always be asking "why?" but I just want to know "why not?"

We also ask "Why not?" when we feel cocky :)

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

We also ask "Why not?" when we feel cocky :)

heh I rarely find any xNTP cocky or over-confident, I like to think "we" "us" "i" have a good gauge on that, but I gotcha ;) btw where in the phillippines you live? I just visited my fam there last summer :)

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

heh I rarely find any xNTP cocky or over-confident, I like to think "we" "us" "i" have a good gauge on that, but I gotcha ;) btw where in the phillippines you live? I just visited my fam there last summer :)

Let's just say that the xNTPs have a penchant for risk taking, albeit the calculated ones.

I'm here in Metro Manila. Hope you enjoyed the visit, where are your family currently living in?

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

INTP = Ti Ne Si Fe
ENTP = Ne Ti Fe Si
The difference is which do you put at higher priority most of the time, Ti or Ne?

There were a couple of ENTP refugees from a downed ENTP Forum a while back. They quickly tossed around some ideas and liked to chat about them. I had the feeling they wouldn't stay ... I didn't.

Would you like their names?

The
INTP Ti Ne Si Fe
Vs
ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si

is the argument I hear all the time. However here is the problem I have with this argument.

I and a very active Ti and Ne. Both my Si and Fe are very sallow if present at all.

I am not sure which is stronger Ti or Ne it seems like I enjoy playing jump rope with the two.

The argument of being introverted or extroverted doesn't seem to work either because like I said I have no problem being social. It normally not my go to move and I don't really feel the need to be over social however, when the time calls for it I am more then willing and capable to do so. I am not even really drained by the experience. I tend to appear more introverted to the out side because I spend a lot of time in my own head. However, I am day dreaming as much as I am contemplating. My Ne actually fells a bit stronger then my Ti at times but I can still get lost in the Ti conversation (in my head) quite easily.

like I said my socialization is generally more observation and analysis. My socialization is much less social involvement then more social observation. This leads me to believe that I am more INTP. However, how can I truly claim to be an Introvert if I don't honestly have a driving need for introversion.

I like people, I find them amazing creatures. However, my mind is more like a biologist looking at the habits of and indigenous population than someone that actually care about and wishes to co-habitat with this population.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

In my research I have read that ENTP are the most introverted of all the Extroverted types. Sometimes I think that this could explain my neutral stance on the -vertions. However, this doesn't explain why my personality is still seems to line up closer to INTP then ENTP.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

In my research I have read that ENTP are the most introverted of all the Extroverted types. Sometimes I think that this could explain my neutral stance on the -vertions. However, this doesn't explain why my personality is still seems to line up closer to INTP then ENTP.

This might be of help but the subject is rather unpleasant to read:

Basically, how do you act if you're completely messed up or extreme stress?

Dominant-Tertiary Loops (so much stress that your Secondary function goes down the drain)

http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html

I fell for the Ti-Si loops lots of times before while I saw an ENTP friend do an annoying Ne-Fe loop (annoying since he tends to actively engage us while still in the loop). I feel for the Ne-Fe only once and it REALLY drained me.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

This might be of help but the subject is rather unpleasant to read:

Basically, how do you act if you're completely messed up or extreme stress?

Dominant-Tertiary Loops (so much stress that your Secondary function goes down the drain)

http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html

I fell for the Ti-Si loops lots of times before while I saw an ENTP friend do an annoying Ne-Fe loop (annoying since he tends to actively engage us while still in the loop). I feel for the Ne-Fe only once and it REALLY drained me.

I am not sure if the post really helps in this case as I have determined the my two dominate are Ti/Ne or Ne/Ti.

Therefore they don't share the same association as the dom/tert loop as described in the post.

As far as your comments go I am not completely sure were my unhealthy stage is rather that is Ne-Fe loop or Ti-Si loop. If I am pushed to far I do get extreme emotions happening however through my recent research I can conclude that this is actually very common issue with the shadow Fe function of INTP.

I kind of feel like Ne-Fe makes more since in extreme cases however I am not completely sure how the Ti-Si function loop would look like.

Could you explain that for me as my understand of the individual functions are not that great yet?

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Okay here is a new angle that might help can someone please explain the Si function?

I know I am Ti an internal logic and truth seeker. I look for the answers inside my own thought processes.

I am Ne I express my internal world (fantasy world) in hope of making the external world more like my internal one.

I am Fe though this is quite undeveloped i don't internalize my emotion I place them on other outward things.

Therefore logically I am Si to. However, I have no idea how this function relates to my personality.

If I could Identify that as my Shadow or Tertiary function that may clear it up a bit.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

I am not sure if the post really helps in this case as I have determined the my two dominate are Ti/Ne or Ne/Ti.

Therefore they don't share the same association as the dom/tert loop as described in the post.

As far as your comments go I am not completely sure were my unhealthy stage is rather that is Ne-Fe loop or Ti-Si loop. If I am pushed to far I do get extreme emotions happening however through my recent research I can conclude that this is actually very common issue with the shadow Fe function of INTP.

I kind of feel like Ne-Fe makes more since in extreme cases however I am not completely sure how the Ti-Si function loop would look like.

Could you explain that for me as my understand of the individual functions are not that great yet?

I assume that you have experienced Ne-Fe so I'll try to explain the Ti-Si loop. This loop makes the INTP a very closed individual. Externally, the INTP will look very depressed and brooding and probably won't talk to anyone.

Internally it is more complex. Ti only analyzes stuff from memories or opinions of trusted people (Si) while rejecting anything that differs from such an opinion (Disabled Ne). The analysis made by Ti is then stored by Si which begins the cycle anew. The loop makes them also produces messed up conclusions which depresses the INTP even more.

Ne is disabled so any attempts on talking an INTP out of this rut is very difficult.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Interesting.

As for the Ne-Fe loop I would say that as a child I went through this a lot. However normal short burst and then I was find until the next out bust happened. I have very little control over my emotional stat and I hated it. This drove me to become more analytical which I hear is a common developmental stage for many INTPs.

However the Ti-Si has happened to me but only once. However much more recently about 3 years ago. About 4 days before my 25th birthday my then fiancee broke up with me and I lost my job. The first thing I did was invite several of my college friend over for a pity birthday party were I rented a giant flat screen TV to watch horror movies on. Namely, because one of my friend hated horror movies and I loved watching her attempt to watch them. After this pick me up failed to release my anger and hurt. I feel into about 4 months of depression. Were I barely, The only thing that really got me out of it was that my friend and now wife suggested that I go walking with her everyday. This was my only interaction for the whole 4 month time. I can distinctly remember moving through the Ti-Si over and over again and it was only persistent interaction with my now wife that finally broke me of this cycle.

I am still not sure if that make me more INTP or ENTP.

The Ne-Fe cycles I went through as a child were short and never lasted very long.
The Ti-Si cycle lasted nearly 4 months and could have lasted much longer if someone didn't come and constantly help push me out of it.

If I were to access this I would say the evidence points more to INTP then ENTP.

Would you agree?

The only thing that give me doubt is that my first reaction was to invite friends over. However, this is mostly because it was birthday and my mother asked me to do it too. :confused:

P.S. Now that I think about it I also had a few small bust of Ne-Fe during this time Ti-Fi loop too. Most notable when I called my ex and threatened to tell her (uber religious hypocritical "She was sleeping with a married man") mother, that we had sex in her house if she did come have sex with me.

I actually felt embarrassed by this outburst and called he back later and apologized. I never acted on the threat I just was upset and trying to pull at anything I could.

I am not proud of this time in my life but it may shed light on my personality.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 1:39 PM
-->

not sure i've ever met an ENTP or ENFP

the I counterparts seem more common, or at least easier to spot

as i think architect also noted in a recent topic

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

Interesting.

As for the Ne-Fe loop I would say that as a child I went through this a lot. However normal short burst and then I was find until the next out bust happened. I have very little control over my emotional stat and I hated it. This drove me to become more analytical which I hear is a common developmental stage for many INTPs.

However the Ti-Si has happened to me but only once. However much more recently about 3 years ago. About 4 days before my 25th birthday my then fiancee broke up with me and I lost my job. The first thing I did was invite several of my college friend over for a pity birthday party were I rented a giant flat screen TV to watch horror movies on. Namely, because one of my friend hated horror movies and I loved watching her attempt to watch them. After this pick me up failed to release my anger and hurt. I feel into about 4 months of depression. Were I barely, The only thing that really got me out of it was that my friend and now wife suggested that I go walking with her everyday. This was my only interaction for the whole 4 month time. I can distinctly remember moving through the Ti-Si over and over again and it was only persistent interaction with my now wife that finally broke me of this cycle.

I am still not sure if that make me more INTP or ENTP.

The Ne-Fe cycles I went through as a child were short and never lasted very long.
The Ti-Si cycle lasted nearly 4 months and could have lasted much longer if someone didn't come and constantly help push me out of it.

If I were to access this I would say the evidence points more to INTP then ENTP.

Would you agree?

The only thing that give me doubt is that my first reaction was to invite friends over. However, this is mostly because it was birthday and my mother asked me to do it too. :confused:

P.S. Now that I think about it I also had a few small bust of Ne-Fe during this time Ti-Fi loop too. Most notable when I called my ex and threatened to tell her (uber religious hypocritical "She was sleeping with a married man") mother, that we had sex in her house if she did come have sex with me.

I actually felt embarrassed by this outburst and called he back later and apologized. I never acted on the threat I just was upset and trying to pull at anything I could.

I am not proud of this time in my life but it may shed light on my personality.

You have a very faithful friend in your wife. I hope I could find a companion like that.

I think we can experience all the loops but we're more prone to the ones that affect our Primary function. Perhaps this Ti-Si loop intensity favors your personality's INTPness.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

not sure i've ever met an ENTP or ENFP

the I counterparts seem more common, or at least easier to spot

as i think architect also noted in a recent topic

I knew a EXTP in grad school. Figured it out long after the fact. He had a lot of interests, psych, physics and had a coterie of young undergraduate fans. He highly annoyed me, and one other person who I think was an INTP, because he had to get in your face, which is a very common aspect of the ESTP. Because of this I'm not sure which type I dislike more, the ESXP or the ISTJ. At least the ISTJ's leave you alone. The ESXP's can't leave you alone.

I find ENFX the hardest to spot.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

The ESXP's can't leave you alone.

just for reference, I can't leave you(one;general you) alone. Amicable, amiable, can be very annoying :D I love having conversations with my INTP friend though, we'll jump around a lot, me more so, and sometimes he's still Ti-analyzing some five topics ago while my fuzzy logic is bringing it together.

Just for addition: I've been called pedantic, a hair-splitter by my english and history professors, so maybe that should tell you something.
Oh, and if we are talking in a conversation and I've just realized my overall point but you're still talking I'll cut you off in an instant and just start talking hahaa...(if your information isn't relevant aka chitchat or whatever) Sometimes won't let my own gf or INTP friend get a word in until i've explained myself.

Overall, you could say the INTP (since so many of you love games) has a sniper, and the ENTP has a minigun.

The INTP has deifnitely has their 'chameleon,' and the ENTP is close with their 'adaptability.'

Minimalist

"The wise man knows that he knows nothing" or some
Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->

I have an ENTP friend. He is a shotgun of ideas and I am an analyst of ideas. To give you an idea, he decided to go to Vegas (seriously not my thing, but I'm open to things) and we ran low on gas returning home. I decided to fill up but the gas station we stopped at had no power and as It turned out none within a 40 mile radius did. When figuring out a solution, his approach was to simultaneously execute several plans at once without seeing one to its fullest potential. I analyzed the plans to figure out the best option and then hammered out the details of that plan afterwords. This situation reminded me of a key difference the ordering of the functions presents. His extroverted intuition allowed for the shotgunning of ideas while my dominant introverted thinking provided analysis first, then idea creation. I suppose that difference Is why the ENTP is called the Inventor. Eventually one of their crazy Ideas has to stick.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I have an ENTP friend. He is a shotgun of ideas and I am an analyst of ideas. To give you an idea, he decided to go to Vegas (seriously not my thing, but I'm open to things) and we ran low on gas returning home. I decided to fill up but the gas station we stopped at had no power and as It turned out none within a 40 mile radius did. When figuring out a solution, his approach was to simultaneously execute several plans at once without seeing one to its fullest potential. I analyzed the plans to figure out the best option and then hammered out the details of that plan afterwords. This situation reminded me of a key difference the ordering of the functions presents. His extroverted intuition allowed for the shotgunning of ideas while my dominant introverted thinking provided analysis first, then idea creation. I suppose that difference Is why the ENTP is called the Inventor. Eventually one of their crazy Ideas has to stick.

Interesting. If I would look at this definition of ENTP I would say it fits me quite well. I have lots of ideas and I don't often think many of them out to completion. Thanks for the incite.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
Today 12:39 PM
-->

I think Adam Savage is an ESFJ just like Robin Williams (see the similarity). Way too much Fe while ENTPs are enthusiasts at times it is not that constant. He is also bit too much hands on person.
ENTPs are not usually that practical. There is also very little of building theoretical models on the flow.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Sorry, that seems like a real stretch...for both.

This is the problem with using isolated Cog functions to define type. Big picture, neither look like ESFJs. Look at the overall type. They're pretty obvious P in approach and have different overall concerns.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Yeah Adam Savage is surely an ENTP. The one thing I can't figure out is his obsession with stuff, movie props and such. Check out his Tested YouTube channel. Best I can figure is he gets out his ideation thought all that junk, but it still doesn't seem to fit. Thoughts?

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
Yeah Adam Savage is surely an ENTP. The one thing I can't figure out is his obsession with stuff, movie props and such. Check out his Tested YouTube channel. Best I can figure is he gets out his ideation thought all that junk, but it still doesn't seem to fit. Thoughts?

I think he just enjoys gadgets and trinkets of all kinds. The possibilities that they hold. All the things that you can do with them. Thing with movie props is they're always changing. And it has to be a custom-job every time. And you have to be able to make it very quickly. I knew a guy who worked as a prop designer in Hollywood. He was asked to build a workable jetpack for a TV ad...guy did it in 6 hours. That would have taken me days or weeks. I would imagine that's the draw for an ENTP. Highly stimulating, constantly changing work. On Mythbusters, Jaime seems like the grounded, practical sensor who's able to judge which of Adam's crazy-ass ideas might actually work in the real world. They make a good pair.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
On Mythbusters, Jaime seems like the grounded, practical sensor who's able to judge which of Adam's crazy-ass ideas might actually work in the real world. They make a good pair.

Yes Jaime is an ISTJ no doubt. I'm just confused about Adam as all the ENTP's I've known were into more abstract subjects like Physics and such.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Hijaking the thread here, but what, if anything, could make an ENTP present as an INTP? Could poor social education and experience over decades stunt and jade an ENTP socially, making the person think they are introverted? Or would an ENTP use his/her social development and be unaffected by such things by virtue of the extroversion?

I need to know.. for a friend.. :phear:

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
They are almost the same thing but since INTPs are introverted judging doms, they are less receptive towards what comes from outside than ENTPs.
A way both types would react to one of my N dom nonsensical posts:
INTPs be like: that doesn't make any sense, give up. If you mix this with their inner Fe voice saying, this guy's individualistic view of the world is a danger for the safety of our comunity ---> It shall not pass. whereas
ENTPs be like: well that's a crazy idea *feel a fire burning inside, glow in their eyes*, i can make something out of it perhaps. they'll try to process it somehow using secondary Ti.

Plus inferior Fe for intps makes them one of the most socially akward types, this is where their true retardation resides. Meaning they want to fit in but miserably fail so they adapt to society rules and groups in a passive form, like going with the wave, they are like ESFJs in this sense just unpassionate about it haha. For ENTPs fitting in is not a problem cuz they don't care about it, they only use Fe for giving some concrete shape to what they have in their minds. Similar to Te i think. It only comes up to serve their purpose, they can still dominate it.

Vion

Banned
Local time
-->
I'd rather jump out a window than be stuck between an ENTP/INFJ love quarrel. Its the most mundane and repetitive misconnection one has ever seen.

Why equate introversion with social retardation when the average introvert has met many thousands more people in total. I really feel sorry for extraverts for even though they enjoy the attention they are so bad at demonstrating and giving speeches.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I will reply to this criticism of INTP methods.
INTPs be like: that doesn't make any sense, give up. If you mix this with their inner Fe voice saying, this guy's individualistic view of the world is a danger for the safety of our comunity ---> It shall not pass.
It's not that your posts are individualist and we can't understand your intuition, it's that you are being a nuisance with your nonsense.
ENTPs be like: well that's a crazy idea *feel a fire burning inside, glow in their eyes*, i can make something out of it perhaps. they'll try to process it somehow using secondary Ti.
This is false, there are plenty ENTP's that will readily tell others their ideas are worthless or how Time Asylums used to put it; they are not even wrong.
Plus inferior Fe for intps makes them one of the most socially akward types, this is where their true retardation resides. Meaning they want to fit in but miserably fail so they adapt to society rules and groups in a passive form, like going with the wave, they are like ESFJs in this sense just unpassionate about it haha.
Such vitriol, please don't take out your frustrations on broad generalisations of people, if there is something that you have a problem with, then spell it out, no need to be passive aggressive.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Hijaking the thread here, but what, if anything, could make an ENTP present as an INTP? Could poor social education and experience over decades stunt and jade an ENTP socially, making the person think they are introverted? Or would an ENTP use his/her social development and be unaffected by such things by virtue of the extroversion?

I need to know.. for a friend.. :phear:

ehhhhh....

I've seen more gregarious INTPs (depending on situation) that came briefly be mistaken as ENTPs (unless you know the types well -- there are still differences, such as focus, that come out), but an ENTP has to be poorly beaten down for a very long amount of time to come off like that for a prolonged time (not just for an afternoon)... and typically since an INTP can appear far more functional in that situation, you can still tell them apart.

Hypothetically.

THe one ENTP friend I had in an oppressive (religious, in that case) environment, he was still blatantly an extrovert and couldn't handle being alone for too long and was always getting into something... you could just see him light up as soon as he could interact with someone. The oppression more just aimed at stick a normally free-flowing individual into a very defined role without options and he wasn't a happy person to deal with.

Speculating, but the more extroverted an N is, the more I see them pushing and pushing at the boundaries; their ideas tend to not be conventional, so their extroversion -> exhibiting their unconventional ideas -> unable to fit in. If you're extroverted but align with the social zeitgeist, then you typically can be yourself within the system.

... like I said, talking "longer term," not just for an hour or two in a random social situation. Generally, anyone can repress their natural instincts for a few hours if they have enough motivation.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 9:39 PM
-->
I think INTPs do turn into ENTPs, for a particular social situation that requires extroversion. Like, an INTP's functions would turn inside out which makes them into ENTPs for a while (Ti/Ne-Si/Fe -> Ne/Ti-Fe/Si). If the person feels tired in their extroverted state, they'd return to being an INTP. An INTP's extroverted state would be more reserved, but this new ENTP mode would be assertive and perhaps even dominating.

But it could be the other way around, as in an ENTP withdraws into being introverted because of some factor he or she hasn't yet understand (probably some social or emotional factor). So Ne/Ti-Fe-Si (an ENTP's function order) turning to an INTP's: Ti/Ne-Si/Fe. But the ENTP could get tired of his or her introverted state, so then turn back to being an ENTP.

It just depends on what state the person is most comfortable in real life though, to really pinpoint their norm type. Do they generally like being alone or do they generally like to be around people? is a good place to start.

@Yellow it depends on how old the guy is I'd say. I think you might need someone with age to give you perspective though, I'm not so sure. edit: oh jenny's here

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
@blarraun, don't get me wrong. I really like intp forum conversations but as i go really critical about intps there are also tons of users here doing exactly the same about other types, specially against sensors. I'm not doing justice to their spirits. I'm just trying to make you understand what's the problem about. This morning esfps and esfjs if I recall correctly. Nobody sees that? And to be clear I'm fine with that criticism even if it goes hardcore because that's the only way people can react and be aware of their faults. I think is hard to swallow admit and say sorry.
In conclusion you are just abusing the Si-Fe shield here with me because of my past actions. A strong Si disposition if you ask me. I stand firm with the negative aspects of intps and of course I have to generalize since mbti is about that. I'm working on stopping nonsense but is difficult for me since the input is nonsense as well. Peace. We can stop drama together.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 9:39 PM
-->
TMB's just giving a showcase of an INTP from another typology's perspective, it's no biggie.

"Plus inferior Fe for intps makes them one of the most socially akward types, this is where their true retardation resides."

I laughed at that to be honest because in some ways it is true.

There's holes in what he's saying, somewhat, but it's not entirely false.

Vion

Banned
Local time
-->
@TheManBeyond There are actually two types with inferior Fe so it might be best if you differentiate between the two.

@Blarraun Thanks for the link to that article on not even wrong. However I think the term you were looking for is wronger than wrong.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
@Vion istps are quite different to INTPs and more similar to ENTPs (besides the i/e thing) perhaps because they totally lack Si so don't have this fixation for preserving the unity (in other words you become another disposable tool in their hands), it is more like in western films, lets unite for the sake (Ni) of killing the obstacle, then perhaps we have sex, then i'll go my way (Ni) and leave you behind in tears (Fe). When stressed inferior Fe in them comes more like a quick discharge of anger. Also that typical total dislike for having to explain others things, going like: "i know that" - why? "because" Ti - Ni, and similar stuff. The Si - Se makes a loooot of difference between them, in my view perhaps more noticeable than Ne - Ni. But of course, they are much practical, useful in reality than INTPs who live dreaming, similar to INFPs.
Yeah, i know i'm going to the extremes, but with these "exaggerated" examples you can see the average behaviour much clearly.
I could call the ISTPs the GangBangers and the INTPs The GangBanged.
C'mon it is a joke. you beauty <3

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
They are almost the same thing but since INTPs are introverted judging doms, they are less receptive towards what comes from outside than ENTPs.
INTPs be like: that doesn't make any sense, give up. If you mix this with their inner Fe voice saying, this guy's individualistic view of the world is a danger for the safety of our comunity ---> It shall not pass.
Yes. When someone suggests trying injecting heroin into their veins or joining a paramilitary group, an INTP would probably point out that it doesn't make sense to try such things without a clue about the reality of such situations, due to the inherent danger in such activities.

Know what you mean. When someone suggests trying injecting heroin into their veins or joining a paramilitary group, ENTPs tend to go for it anyway, have major problems, and just not worry about what they've done to their life.

Plus inferior Fe for intps makes them one of the most socially akward types, this is where their true retardation resides. Meaning they want to fit in but miserably fail so they adapt to society rules and groups in a passive form, like going with the wave, they are like ESFJs in this sense just unpassionate about it haha.
Yes. INTPs worry about not fitting in, even though it's clear that most people like them.

For ENTPs fitting in is not a problem cuz they don't care about it, they only use Fe for giving some concrete shape to what they have in their minds. Similar to Te i think. It only comes up to serve their purpose, they can still dominate it.
ENTPs don't worry about saying or doing things that are so utterly offensive that it's bound to incite violence. Fitting in is not a problem for them, because they don't really care about inhibiting themselves from things that would cause major problems for others. People like ENTPs for their "fun" quality, but find the constant violence and danger that surrounds them, terrifying.

Top Bottom