• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Dream of superpowers.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:57 PM
-->
I am hoping to collect some Ideas about superpowers. The kind your would find in a comic book.

My wife and I keep on having a continued conversation on what kind of superpowers we would want if we had superpowers. I change my mind weekly at least and my wife is always the same. She want the ability to teleport herself and anything she touches at will. This is primarally because she hates driving or any other kinds of motored transport.

I think teleportation would be cool but I have many more unusual Ideas that I would want to try first.

My lasted Idea was magic kidneys. Basically instead of having to urinate you cool teleport your wast anywhere instantly.

There is two benefits to this power one is you never have to go number one again. This could save a lot of time in your day. Second you can play evil tricks on people you don't like. Say I have to go to the bathroom bad, I could instead teleport it to someone else and then they would have to go to the bathroom really bad. If I wanted to be even eviler I could use it to teleport bacteria or even kidneys stones to people that I don't care for.

Any other interesting or unusual super powers you guys have thought up?

Local time
Today 10:57 PM
-->
5863840666_dc36c3e77d_z.jpg
2. Your wife could technically do the same thing, since she's "touching" her own bladder contents.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
2. Your wife could technically do the same thing, since she's "touching" her own bladder contents.

I am not sure. If the power included teleporting something without teleporting yourself then yes. However, teleportion as she describe it is many teleporting herself someplace. As a bonus she can take with her what ever she is touching. this is important because if she couldn't she would end up naked were every she ended up. However, she can't teleport what she touch's without going with it.

Therefore is she tried to teleport the content of here kindneys she would also end up where every she try to teleport it.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That give me an Idea could teleportation its self be used as a weapon.

Say you wanted to kill someone if you teleported into there location they would explode (I.E. to thing can not occupy the same space). However, you would have to develop so kind of resistance so that you didn't also end up exploding in the process.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I still go for telekinesis because it covers a number of powers, if I can only have one.

- Super strength
- Invulnerability
- Flying
- Throwing crap around
- Breathing underwater (by creating an air bubble for a short period of time) and fast swimming

(I had this idea long before "Chronicle," btw... but that movie kind of took the idea and ran with it. And I gotta tell you, there are days when I actually imagine picking up some stupid driver's car and flinging it across the highway.... uh, not good.)

All I need at that point is a flame thrower, and I'll have my Dark Phoenix in full rage in no time.

3200456727225393.jpg

For other powers that are more just single powers:
- Time travel
- Shape change
- X-ray vision
- Precognition

My lasted Idea was magic kidneys. Basically instead of having to urinate you cool teleport your wast anywhere instantly.

I have to admit, there are days I wish I could teleport my waist somewhere else. (The rest of me can stay.)

I want the superpower of always being right.

That is sweet.

Some of us don't need it, though. ;)

That give me an Idea could teleportation its self be used as a weapon. Say you wanted to kill someone if you teleported into there location they would explode (I.E. to thing can not occupy the same space).

Read the end of "Watchmen."

I think Nightcrawler has had the temptation to do such things but is generally too good to kill someone like that.

(But I think maybe his twisted self in the Belasco reality might have done it. Ouch.)

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I want the superpower of always being right.

Do you want the wisdom to always have the right answer or do you want the power to change reality. I.E. what you say becomes right.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There isn't a rule saying you can only have one power. That just the conversation I was having with my wife.

I am interested to hear different but interesting new abilities. Either new creative superpower of new creative uses for the tried and true.

Hayyel

Local time
Tomorrow 12:57 AM
-->
I think the changing reality part would be better because that basicwlly takes care of everything. Ex- I am a time traveler, and I'm right about that!

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think the changing reality part would be better because that basicwlly takes care of everything. Ex- I am a time traveler, and I'm right about that!

Hayvel the Genie. LOL

Do you have any rules.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
Psychic abilities. All of them :storks:

Hayyel

Local time
-->
I have one rule... do whatever I want :-) I will grant you wishes if I feel like it :-P

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:57 PM
-->
My friends and I used to have this game for road trips. We would offer each-other super-powers, generally with a drawback, which you could take or leave, building your super-hero self.I don't remember much of myself. I had rubber skin and could survive any fall, but I would bounce about 60% of my initial fall height and my skin was rubber-pink. I could stretch like your typical stretchy superhero. I'm pretty sure I had eye-lasers or energy balls I could throw around, too. Don't remember.

My friend was part tree, thus did not need to eat or drink use the toilet ever, but he had to root himself for four straight hours every day and his skin was bark and his hair was grass. I'm pretty sure he got pine-cone bombs, but I don't remember the drawback.

I've seriously considered the question before, and I can never make up my mind what superpower I'd actually want. I'd of course want the necessary secondary powers, regardless which I chose. You know, such as resistance burn resistance if I get super-speed. I've often considered instant teleportation, assuming I could do it without error, and to any place I picture in my head, without accidentally going into space without the proper gear or into the center of the Earth, or whatever. Wolverine's regeneration is tempting, but it doesn't bring anything else with it. I can simply get back up after nearly fatal injury. Not really too impressive if I could avoid that injury in the first place. If my superpowers were truly significant, making me nigh invulnerable, I would simply walk into war-zones and single-handedly end wars. Supersonic flight is impressive, if because it means I can withstand great forces. Otherwise the sonic wave I formed in flight would crush me. It also means I have at least some super-strength in order to sustain certain poses while I flew, and my eyes would be highly resistant to damage, plus my ability to breath during supersonic flight implies either super-powered lungs or the ability to hold my breath, perhaps even survive with less or no oxygen, or something, etc. Pretty damned neat. It's like super-speed, but in the sky.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 5:57 AM
-->
Emphatic (for F guys) and/or Intuitive (for us T's) Mimicry.

I think this is a very INTPish power. We only gain more power by understanding the person/animal so it's a good way to develop your character as well.

The world is also mostly safe from the INTP as they only seek to understand more powers and won't bother dominating others (because admin stuff is such a bore).

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Emphatic (for F guys) and/or Intuitive (for us T's) Mimicry.

I think this is a very INTPish power. We only gain more power by understanding the person/animal so it's a good way to develop your character as well.

The world is also mostly safe from the INTP as they only seek to understand more powers and won't bother dominating others (because admin stuff is such a bore).

Captain INTP to the rescue.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
More N guys use your imagination I know you have this ability.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:57 AM
-->

Say you wanted to kill someone if you teleported into there location they would explode (I.E. to thing can not occupy the same space). However, you would have to develop so kind of resistance so that you didn't also end up exploding in the process.
Ah the good old telefrag that takes me back.

Personally I'd want telekenisis and a electron microscope, think about it.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Or if you take anything you want with you, teleport next to someone, grab their arms, teleport away with their arms, but not the rest of their body. They'll bleed out within 30 seconds.

Hayyel

Local time
-->
If you would teleport with everything you touch, would that mean the air and the soil too? I don't think someone would appreciate you constantly bringing bits of dirt or concrete to their place... but you could dig a few nice holes without problem :-)

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow 9:57 AM
-->
I am a super power! :smoker:

Turniphead

Death is coming
Local time
Today 4:57 PM
-->
Time control.

Since I was little, it's the one I've thought about the most. Even just a "pause" button would be nice. It would sure take the pressure out of life. I would probably just spend most of my paused time traveling the world without having to deal with the annoying aspects of travel.

Invisibility would be pretty good as well.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Time control.

Since I was little, it's the one I've thought about the most. Even just a "pause" button would be nice. It would sure take the pressure out of life. I would probably just spend most of my paused time traveling the world without having to deal with the annoying aspects of travel.

Time control is awesome as long as the user retains age and sanity levels even if they paused time. Imagine having a year by yourself at the end of each day...

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Time control.

I have always wanted that same thing. Unless you're caught by surprise, you're nigh invulnerable, too. Getting attacked? Pause time, kill the bad guys, resume time. Surprise is your only weakness. Can't pause time before you're stabbed in the back if you don't see it happening. Perhaps this with a spidey sense would be the most potent combination of all.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 7:27 AM
-->
The ability to turn invisible... but only when nobody's watching.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
I just want one simple power: to be able to create arbitrary quantities energy instantly. Pausing time is no good if you've already been locked in a prison with walls made of plasma.

-Duxwing

Valentas

Local time
-->
I want to be able to accelerate up to speed of light instantly. :)

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I just want one simple power: to be able to create arbitrary quantities energy instantly. Pausing time is no good if you've already been locked in a prison with walls made of plasma.

-Duxwing
Which would only happen if you were taken by surprised and incapacitated, first.

kvothe27

Local time
-->
1. I would be able to harness the sun's energy to bring down concentrated, small beams of sunlight that would vaporize anyone standing under the beam.

2. I would have the ability to use the Earth as though it were a space ship, maintain its necessary conditions for life, regardless of where it is, while exploring the galaxy. Given this power, I would be able to steer the Earth right next to the Sun without destroying anything on Earth or Earth itself.

3. I would be able to channel the intelligence of dead spirits.

4. I would be able to leech IQ points off of other people and add them to my own while in their presence.

5. I would be able to change the serotonin and dopamine levels of other people. In this way, I could make my enemies severely depressed and my friends happy. I would also be able to condition them ... but damnit I'm taking this from the Foundation novels by Issac Asimov. The Mule.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
4. I would be able to leech IQ points off of other people and add them to my own while in their presence.

Isn't this a real life INTx skill?:D

kvothe27

Local time
-->
Isn't this a real life INTx skill?:D

Yes, except it would boost my intelligence at the expense of theirs. It wouldn't just be me being a chameleon or creating abstractions from their particular ideas or perceptions. I would limit it to 20 IQ points per person, but it would multiply based on the amount of people present. I can imagine me as a villain, manipulating increasing amounts of people to become enslaved by me or some such thing.

I swear, some of my fantasies make me think I'm an INTJ. They often involve underground bunkers, superior technology, superior powers, master plans of world domination, etc.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, except it would boost my intelligence at the expense of theirs. It wouldn't just be me being a chameleon or creating abstractions from their particular ideas or perceptions. I would limit it to 20 IQ points per person, but it would multiply based on the amount of people present. I can imagine me as a villain, manipulating increasing amounts of people to become enslaved by me or some such thing.

I swear, some of my fantasies make me think I'm an INTJ. They often involve underground bunkers, superior technology, superior powers, master plans of world domination, etc.

I want to dominate the world. The only problem is I don't plan thing very well so If I every succeeded I am not sure I am not sure what I would do with it.

Secondly my evil plans normally involve blowing up the that big ball of plasma in the sky. Yes, I am aware that this would lead to my death but I would enjoy the little time I have left at least until I am either burnt by the explosions (only if something went wrong) or started to freeze to death.

Either way it would be relatively quick. If I ever decided to commit suicide this would be the way I would go. I would take everyone else with me.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 2:57 PM
-->
I want be able to move into an universe that exists in movies and books and experience first hand the story as one of the characters.

Or atomic telekinesis. I could do anything with that.

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
Today 11:57 PM
-->
Chad is no longer with us, but it's a cool thread, so meow.

The ability to wholly copy and at-will use and incorporate the exact cognitive methods of anyone I have eye contact with, including all their crystallized skills (like the neuro motorical aspect of the ability to play a sport).

Not having to eat, sleep, breathe, and to be able to completely seal off my body temperature wise and pressure wise so that I could survive in any situation so long as I decided to use those bodily functions.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Chad is no longer with us, but it's a cool thread, so meow.

The ability to wholly copy and at-will use and incorporate the exact cognitive methods of anyone I have eye contact with, including all their crystallized skills (like the neuro motorical aspect of the ability to play a sport).

Not having to eat, sleep, breathe, and to be able to completely seal off my body temperature wise and pressure wise so that I could survive in any situation so long as I decided to use those bodily functions.

You would make a good Sun probe.

not

Local time
-->
At one point in time I was obsessed with teleportation. I believe I have achieved it one time, but the amount of work that went into it was taxing to the point of being dangerous, and I can't prove that I did it in the end. I was meditating in complete darkness in a room with no windows, with all light sources removed or otherwise blocked. I sat on my knees and did meditative chants. I put myself in a trancelike state and I started to see pure energy. The shape of the world around me presented itself as energy frequencies. I then imagined that I could manipulate this energy to reform it only with my mind. When I awoke from my trance and became aware of my surroundings, I was 2 floors up in a bathroom. - Did I teleport? Did I sleep walk there? I don't really know.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
@not

You know that teleporation occurs by recreating the object somewhere else and destroying the original.

That means your are not not...which means you are... ????...well you are not the not that was the not. Is that not true, not?

not

Local time
-->
The persona known as 'not' was created after the persona that was not 'not' was destroyed. So I am the not that was not not before.

EDIT: My perception of the experience was that I remained constant and the world around me was destroyed and rebuilt. So maybe you are not the Grayman that previously existed.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
The persona known as 'not' was created after the persona that was not 'not' was destroyed. So I am the not that was not not before.

EDIT: My perception of the experience was that I remained constant and the world around me was destroyed and rebuilt. So maybe you are not the Grayman that previously existed.

I need to poop on this, and I'll get back to you. I'm not like Latte. Pooping is important for deep thoughts.

not

Local time
-->
Poop or get off the pot man...

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
@not

You know that teleporation occurs by recreating the object somewhere else and destroying the original.

That means your are not not...which means you are... ????...well you are not the not that was the not. Is that not true, not?

OMG. That's not not anymore, it's Xerox Man!

Local time
-->
i wish i the power to undo those tricky little fasteners holding together the blinkers which everyone is wearing

Top Bottom