• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The effects of marijuana on an INTP

kubikub

Local time
Today 11:56 AM
-->
It's nice for watching movies (which I won't remember later) or listening to music, and it's something I've done on occasion by myself, but otherwise I'm not a big fan. It seems to greatly amplify my internal monologues and thoughts to the point where it becomes distracting. I find conversation hard because I think so hard about what I'm about to say that I forget about the first half of the sentence I've already spoken and end up losing my train of thought completely.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 8:56 PM
-->
I don't have a very strong opinion on weed (yet).

Weed just seems a little too variable. It's effects are never stable.

I've felt extremely empty and disconnected, but also the happiest I've ever been, being full of energy.
I like watching movies, going on adventures, going to concerts while high.

I hate sitting on a couch not doing anything and just smoking weed with others. It only increases the disconnection I feel from others. It just makes me kind of depressed. Not paranoid, not anxious, just completely empty and alone. Like my own thoughts are all that is, in a big sea of blackness. All others merely make feel me feel like I'm watching a shitty movie without any meaning.

So I stick to smoking weed whenever there's awesome stuff to do. I need good music, beautiful scenery, interesting things.

If that's the case, everything becomes so intense and beautiful. It's like the intensity of being a little kid comes back.

One thing that sucks though is that I think a lot of my friends now think I'm some sort of... fake smoker. I never really want to smoke with them because it just makes me feel shitty, sitting on a couch with them listening to their shitty music. They're nice guys, but, eh. I really like weed, just not in that way. So whenever I do end up having to smoke with them, I smoke low doses. Which makes them think I'm 'a pussy'.
I really wish people didn't use drugs as some way to prove how masculine or cool they are.

lucky12

walking on air
Local time
Today 2:56 PM
-->
It can be a roller coaster ride for me, unless I am alone and no expected to do anything.

Two exceptions,

1. technical work (ie. working in a garage). I will get very organized in my high state, and pickup strange details that end up helping the job's quality of work.

2. Driving off road/on a track. I can't drive on the streets, too unpredictable. If i climb on my dirtbike, atv or in a car and rip it off road/abandoned parking lot.. I become a stunt driver.

Never drink and drive, never get high and drive.. please..

Anyone else hear/perceive lyrics differently? Happens all the time for me.. I fucking love music.

The very first time I got high was in high school ;) Grade 9. It was during my lunch break, I forgot I had a presentation to do afterwards. I got a 79 on it, I was shitting bricks.

Other drugs? Well..
MDMA- ppl say i talk too much, some ppl say im hilarious. I feel like i have all the answers, all the moves and in turn it gives me a ceiling of confidence with no boundaries.

LSD/DoX/LSA/2-ce

More or less some of the most fucked up nights..
1. Got into a fight on LSA
2. LSD
A) In residence my first time I lived in a murder/mystery imagination so i was leaving crime scenes and clues everywhere. I tripped alone, my buddies thought it was hilarious. Watched the orphan or w/e that fucked up movie is with the midget russian.. the first bit with the birth gone wrong... i laughed so hard my buddy turned it off. Watched fear and loathing, loved it so much more since before i didnt like it so much.
B) New years in Toronto: Ok, worst idea. Busy busy busy bar. Crazy lights, lots of traffic on the road, all my friends were drunk. Good trip though.. man..

I had one of those plastic frilly necklaces that once pulled expand out like 30 feet lol I put it around everyone on the dance floor.

Got locked out of the bar looking for my buddies since my judgement got real bad, some guy put his cigarrette out on me by mistake, gets me back in. staring contest with bouncers, except they were serious.. lol..

uhm this big russian mobster character pushed me, and then i followed him outside where he was dragging a 16 yr old looking girl around.. he was like 40 no joke. He kept telling the bouncers "Do you know who I am? Fuck you guys are gonna be in a lot of trouble. You can't fucking do this to me, I will get you". he leaves, 5 min later 3 or 4 bouncers from club are booking it down the street..

The tree's were dancing for me all night.. the branches made these fractal patterns. I slept on a paisley couch that came alive like a kaleidoscope. Took a shower and the light made fractals ..felt amazing too.

/rant back to essay writing :slashnew:

yogurtexpress

Local time
Today 7:56 PM
-->
The last two times I smoked weed, it was a nightmare. I started having panic attacks and I thought I was going to die or throw up or both. The OP was right about reverse functions, 'cause my introverted feeling went through the roof and I started getting emotional like crazy. The weird thing is that I smoked weed before, but I guess I didn't get really high until the time before last. One of my friends said that I was over-analyzing too much, but being INTP this goes without saying.

One positive effect, though, is that the weed helped me diagnose and cure what was supposedly anxiety or panic disorder...even so, it's safe to say that I'll never be smoking that shit again.

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
Today 1:56 PM
-->
The last two times I smoked weed, it was a nightmare. I started having panic attacks and I thought I was going to die or throw up or both. The OP was right about reverse functions, 'cause my introverted feeling went through the roof and I started getting emotional like crazy. The weird thing is that I smoked weed before, but I guess I didn't get really high until the time before last. One of my friends said that I was over-analyzing too much, but being INTP this goes without saying.

One positive effect, though, is that the weed helped me diagnose and cure what was supposedly anxiety or panic disorder...even so, it's safe to say that I'll never be smoking that shit again.

I really wish there was some way for me to understand why some people experience more paranoia than others (I feel very little). And yogurt, how many times have you smoked it? It sounds to me like you are just "tweaking" and don't really know yourself what's going on. I too think you are over-analyzing because when an INTp is high he has the ability to use any function at will. You just need to sit back, relax, observe, and think, because it is possible to do it all.

yogurtexpress

Local time
-->
I smoked it about three times before those last two mishaps. The first two times I really didn't feel much...it was pleasant. The third time was really strange. I stared at myself in the mirror and thought I was an alien from another planet. I also started thinking homosexual thoughts, probably more as a joke/messed up mindset than anything else.

I guess you're right, though, I should relax. Because I worry so much on a regular basis, though, it's hard for me to do, and the weed just makes it worse. If there's a next time, maybe I'll just go into it in a less fearful mindset.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Depends on the weed, and the mood/area you're smoking in.

I think I am somewhat like you, yogurtexpress. However, I mostly managed to get over the panic attacks. I just stopped smoking in situations I was already uncomfortable in. Smoke at a concert of a band you really love. Smoke alone, smoke with a few close friends.

The first time I smoked weed, I wasn't able to get over depersonalization and panic attacks for around 9 months. Until I told myself it was ridiculous. I accepted it and it went away within a matter of a few weeks. Then, about a year later, I started smoking around 3 times a month. And I've been fine with it, it's interesting. You have to be in an active, curious mood though.

It also had to do with some sort of subconscious insecurity that I think a lot of INTPs have (unknowingly, perhaps). Our notorious objectivity sometimes becomes so objective we can't really take ourselves seriously at all anymore. The panic attacks usually just got me analyzing myself constantly. They were about my consciousness, reality, death.. Mainly very introspective stuff. They usually arose when I was around people and felt insecure.

I think it's thanks to weed I've found that out, and am now slowly getting more secure. Weed is also just fun if you really want to enjoy your music and take a stroll through the park or so. Those are the ideal circumstances for me. A nice summer day, good headphones, my favorite music, and possibly a good companion. Great adventures.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
well, objectivity is a psychological disorder, especially in subjective (introverted) types. it causes all sorts of other psychological diseases. you get stuck in development on a childish stage of developement (rationality kicks in at age 12) and you dissociate and project the better part of yourself. and the joke is, that because of projection you don't even achieve anything like true so called 'objectivity'. you have to become subjective, in order to see things as they are. as they appear to your intelligence, prior to your silly ego twisting them around. leave 'objectivity' to the estj. :smoker:

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
You might want to try to learn how to relax before messing with drugs though...

Undeclared

Redshirt
Local time
-->
As an INTp and a person who smokes Marijuana on a daily basis I don't see many significant differences in my personality from when I'm high and not high. As a person above stated it does help emphasize your ability to mimic other types, especially if your introverted-ness is the only thing that is restricting you from doing so. Your mood can fluctuate very strangely when you are high and that mood change can greatly influence social activities and different types that you try to 'fit' into; or it can be a combination of the two. Also I believe that the paranoia part is stronger in some people due to certain variables such as your relationships with people close to you/and their personality types, geographical location, stress level, and the activities you engage in( There is probably a lot more things to take into consideration as well).

I don't know if it matters, but when I smoke weed it's either I'm smoking every day or I'm not smoking at all. There's been times where I randomly just stopped for months at a time and also times where I'm stoned all week, but I've been doing it this way for over 6 years now. Come to think of it I've never genuinely been 'addicted' to marijuana. Maybe my lack of interest in it sometimes is just my inner INTp screaming out at me so I can stay sane?....hmmm now that I really think about it I have the urge to discuss the different personality types that are more or less prone to becoming addicted to a substance easily. xD

anyways........

rauch17.gif

yogurtexpress

Local time
-->
It also had to do with some sort of subconscious insecurity that I think a lot of INTPs have (unknowingly, perhaps). Our notorious objectivity sometimes becomes so objective we can't really take ourselves seriously at all anymore.

That's an interesting theory. It definitely made me feel extremely insecure the last two times, almost as if it brought upon a psychological awareness that I didn't havebefore. All the worst feelings about myself came to fruition, including the way I act and my physical appearance (which aren't things I pay attention to when I'm not high). If weed does reverse the functions, then I suppose intuitive types start to becoming REALLY aware of sensing for the first time. I think that's what freaked me out the most: the sudden awareness of the physical world, and the way I really look, dress, act, speak, etc.

Like you, I'm definitely grateful to weed for making me see my issues and inadequacies (hell, I wouldn't have discovered MBTI without it), but I think it'll be a while before I'm comfortable smoking it again. I'm still at a 'calming down' point from anxiety and depersonalization. Boy, being an INTP really is tough...as if your reactions to life weren't odd enough among most folks, you also have to deal with your unorthodox reaction to drugs.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Yeah. Take it easy. It sounds like you somewhat experienced the same thing. Just wait as long as you think is necessary, like Moocow said, it's better to become relaxed before taking any drugs.

The sensing-theory is a good one. Now I think of it, weed does feel like it has made my personality a little less extremely INTP. But this sort of progress definitely caused some anxiety.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
Weed will only change you so far as you can look for something new in it. This is my primary objection to these drugs now, because if you really want to ascribe your personal development to the drug itself then you're perfectly set up for disappointment.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Your development definitely isn't primarily influenced by drugs, but drugs do have their effect on the ideas you form. I usually only realize this later on though.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
It all kind of depends on your approach... I mean, you could discuss this stuff endlessly. There are so many variables to take into consideration.

Roran

The Original Nerdy Gangsta
Local time
-->
I don't smoke because
A. I'm a minor
B. I have asthma
C. I'd like my fucked up lungs to stay at their current level of shittiness
D. I don't think mind altering substances are a good idea in general

ObliviousGenius

Local time
-->
Hmm all interesting ideas. I am high right now and in regards to the memory of the ideas we form, I think that they stay with me in some way or another. Sometimes I will go so far as to right them down although I don't think it's completely necessary. I come up with the ideas through live picture scenarios derived from a thought. As long as I have that thought I will always be able to think of the ideas that come from being high. It's similar to vocabulary and certain phrases or situations. For example, if someone drops a cheap vase and it shatters and that person starts whining and complaining about it when it could just be picked up you would say "theres no use crying over spilled milk." That sort of situational awareness combined with memory allows you to use that phrase correctly or wisely. The same applies when using the ideas generated after smoking.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 4:56 AM
-->
My theory, based on past observations:

Marijuana use puts you more in touch with your natural, most efficient and joyous state of being (mojo) by removing the influence of culturally learnt behavioural and thought patterns (memes).

I become more intuitive, philosophical and convergently creative (better in touch with Ni), more emotional and perhaps morally concerned with regards to objects and objectified thought (Fe), able to avoid learnt principles which I know with my higher powers to be wrong while also better understanding those I feel to be right (making peace with Ti), and am free to block out aspects of my environment that don't pertain to the task at hand (efficient wielding of limited Se).

The OP said they became more ENTJ like. This explanation would be an INTJ who was getting better in touch with their Te and Se, and thus better recognising that their introverted processes were actually introverted in the first place, and which were extroverted. Other types may fit too, it just depends on the nature of the original misinterpretation of the phenomena.

The positive effects however decline over time, while the negative gradually become harder and harder to reverse. Thus, if you do use marijuana, be careful not to use too much.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
I tried it seriously in Mexico once. I tried randomly before, but didn't notice anything. Of course I don't buy stuff like this, so depended on people giving it to me. Anyway. My friend made me one, and I smoked it. And asked him if I should feel something? Yea, I should. I told him to make me another, from only marihuana, not mixed with tobacco. So I smoked that one too. Still nothing. I was rather drunk though, maybe that was why? Felt like a regular cigarette, that's nice and all, but I didn't understand the hype.

yogurtexpress

Local time
-->
I tried it seriously in Mexico once. I tried randomly before, but didn't notice anything. Of course I don't buy stuff like this, so depended on people giving it to me. Anyway. My friend made me one, and I smoked it. And asked him if I should feel something? Yea, I should. I told him to make me another, from only marihuana, not mixed with tobacco. So I smoked that one too. Still nothing. I was rather drunk though, maybe that was why? Felt like a regular cigarette, that's nice and all, but I didn't understand the hype.

You usually don't get high your first time.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
You usually don't get high your first time.
I thought it was lame. I'm not going to waste other peoples money again. If it works for them it's better they do it. A broken love affair seems to be much more effective to get 'high'. I reckon the problem with drugs is that they are dead substances.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
I don't smoke because
A. I'm a minor
B. I have asthma
C. I'd like my fucked up lungs to stay at their current level of shittiness
D. I don't think mind altering substances are a good idea in general
There's always edibles if you're worried about your lungs. Although edibles provide a different, longer-lasting high. Mind altering substances are a part of life and discovering it, in my opinion. Although they definitely fuck with your head. But hey, what'd life be without challenges and adventures?

What is a minor? 16? Or 12? If you're 16, and you try it just once, you're not going to mess up the whole development of your brain. I wouldn't do it if you're under 15 though, that's really too young, that might have some influence if you get pretty high. (But even then, the chance seems kind of small. It's more that when you start smoking cannabis daily at a young age that it might have a significant effect on the brain.)

I thought it was lame. I'm not going to waste other peoples money again. If it works for them it's better they do it. A broken love affair seems to be much more effective to get 'high'. I reckon the problem with drugs is that they are dead substances.

It'll likely work the next time you try it. Are you sure you inhaled correctly? It's worth it to become high at least once.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 4:56 AM
-->
Drugs are non-living. They turn the mind into non-life. But they can do it in some pretty interesting, and sometimes very helpful, ways.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
I completely fail to see how drugs turn the mind into "non-life."
Do elaborate.

ObliviousGenius

Local time
-->
I too have no idea what ur talking about in terms of non-life, what do u mean by that?

downsowf

Local time
-->
Goofy and extraverted if around my close friends. Quiet and insecure if I'm around a lot of people or with someone who makes me uncomfortable. How I feel and think depends on the environment I'm in and the people I'm with. Herb can be quite fun, though. I could listen to music and read for hours. Also, I'm kind of a pot snob. I refuse to smoke schwag or "mids." I haven't smoked in a while but am never opposed to a puff now and then.

I much more prefer booze....

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
The thing that bothers me with booze is that I really like it at first, but after, say, 5 drinks I won't be able to feel my body very well, I start feeling disconnected and like everything is going on auto-pilot, which causes me to panic a little because I get afraid I'll do stupid shit.

kayne

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:56 PM
-->
Anything that fucks up the natural workings of the brain is plastic and has no value, at least for me.

So yes, weed is fantastic and what not, but the effects are just your brain being screwed by foreign chemicals and I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of depending on external sources to obtain a boost I might need from time to time.

That said I once tried magic mushrooms inside a sensory deprivation tank and I had a very bizarre experience of almost cosmic proportions. But it was all in my head.

basically this. and well religious belief as well.

however when i did do weed i went from quite shy and laid back to bouncing off the walls which as far as i know i am the only person my friends at the time had and still have ever seen that started bouncing off the walls. whether it was talking to a point i wont shut up. laughing non stop. or just wanting to wrestle and horseplay around.

my theory is i am already so laid back i mean even by i guess INTP standards i am beyond laid back and i really always have been since i was a kid 5 or 4 years old and probably earlier than that.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
Are you sure you inhaled correctly?
Good question. Not sure.

I completely fail to see how drugs turn the mind into "non-life."
Do elaborate.

I too have no idea what ur talking about in terms of non-life, what do u mean by that?

Yeah, Artsu Tharaz. What the fuck are you saying?
I think the idea is similar to that you can get different things out of something organic and dead. Like a computer and a human.

Perhaps I was expecting too much.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
I think the idea is similar to that you can get different things out of something organic and dead. Like a computer and a human.

Perhaps I was expecting too much.
Ok, you'll have to define how you're using the words "organic" and "dead."
Computers are not dead because they were never alive to begin with. Organic substances technically means any compound containing carbon and hence is used by or produced by living creatures- that includes compounds like THC.
Or are you suggesting that the effects of a drug are something that should only be sought in living creatures? In which case, my argument stands- these drugs generally come from living organisms that we can cultivate.

So going back to this; a broken love affair with what? Getting high how? How is the non-living nature of psychoactive compounds a problem?

Seriously, speaking in cryptic, moody remarks doesn't help much. If you're just disappointed that it didn't work the first time you could just say that, in which case you could always try again! There is a reason scientific experiments perform multiple trials before the analysis and conclusion.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
Oh, how fun. My arguments is being picked apart. Let's see if I can save myself, or being exposed to not knowing what I'm talking about ( but I admitted indirectly to that already, as I only tried this seriously once).

Ok, you'll have to define how you're using the words "organic" and "dead."
Computers are not dead because they were never alive to begin with. Organic substances technically means any compound containing carbon and hence is used by or produced by living creatures- that includes compounds like THC.
Or are you suggesting that the effects of a drug are something that should only be sought in living creatures? In which case, my argument stands- these drugs generally come from living organisms that we can cultivate.

So going back to this; a broken love affair with what? Getting high how? How is the non-living nature of psychoactive compounds a problem?

Seriously, speaking in cryptic, moody remarks doesn't help much. If you're just disappointed that it didn't work the first time you could just say that, in which case you could always try again! There is a reason scientific experiments perform multiple trials before the analysis and conclusion.

I used these definitions.

Dead.
Death is the permanent termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism.
Marijuana qualifies when it no longer is alive.

Organic.

Of or relating to an organism, a living entity
I see your point though, but still not convinced I used the terms inappropriately. The way I see it. If we had just eaten the leafs, the marijuana would have qualified as organic substances. But smoking this. Actually burning the matter qualifies to a dead substance, as in that the biological functions have been permanently terminated.

Computers and humans was analogies, so not bound by the definitions. You're an artist, right? My point was what really gives you better high, say on a 10 year basis, your most genius picture, or the monday joint? The human body is loaded with potential drug releases, much more powerful stuff then a joint. But one just don't notice it, or take advantage of them?

This is cryptic unclear because it's not easy to describe what I mean simply and accurately as I cannot see it clearly. Also if an idea will be different for each person, like an experience, it seem to make sense to make unfocused pictures. You know, should I focus my lens if what I want to take a picture off is unclear?

Regarding the broken love affairs. I've had a few of those, not many, but a few. It was extremely weird. Light headed and many other things. There must have been a whole lot of drug releases to induce those sort of feelings. The joint comes off as a joke in comparison. Just look at the news, literature and wherever and you will understand what I mean. There are not many tragic/great/retarded stories involved in smoking a joint. Perhaps it was an unfair comparison, to compare in body drug production to outward injection from a dead substance.

I also think coffee is hyped up. Don't drink that either, couldn't notice any benefits/effects from this compared to water. Maybe all this just has to do with how or in what way one is receptive to outward influences?

Sure. I could do it again, and again, and again and again. I'll let you know if it comes to that.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
Ah, ok I gotcha. I completely agree that life experiences such as love, creation, and so on, are a much better high- definitely more satisfying and more interesting, and consequently may be more destructive too. I'd also equate meaningful satisfaction as the result of something that benefits or changes the world and people around you in a way you find positive. Smoking a joint doesn't really do that, although this might explain why stoners are generally quick to recommend it and invite new converts...

I see infatuation for a girl as being more hazardous than any of the drugs I've tried as of yet, although I hear cocaine has a similar physiology to what one feels during infatuation.

I'd even go so far as to say that many drugs are sort of cheating for instant gratification rather than making an investment of time and effort, potentially leading to a very weak attitude about life... precisely why I stopped and have gone back to art and music recently, so good point.

I guess I was trying to help clarify the picture you're conveying for both of us... but I think I get the gist.

And your body may very well be highly resistant to external substances, to which my only response is that it shouldn't be a basis for judging the motives of others who are more sensitive and may have completely different experiences. Some people smoke weed, eat a lot then fall asleep. Some people smoke it and have an introspective journey into the mind concluded by a revelatory change of attitude. Some people experience the former one day, and the latter the next, or vice versa.

I would still classify drug use as inclusive to the scope of life experiences we can draw anything valuable from, but as a way of life or sole coping mechanism it's a dangerous bet.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Exactly as the OP described.

A great tip: if you are dealing with someone, and it seems like they don't have a clue where you are coming from, which is common with an INTP, then smoke a few joints with him, and THEN explain it. You'll slow down your thinking much closer to his speed, and his mind will open to your possibilities. Makes you MUCH more understandable to non-INTPs.

Euphoria

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Alright, I seem to have the opposite experiences with marijuana as most of ya'll. When I smoke in social situations I tend to get very quiet, even more than usual. I stay to myself and just take in everything. I really don't enjoy smoking around other people, except maybe a few very close friends. Smoking alone is a lot more enjoyable. What's weird, however, is that when I'm alone and high my train of thought is extremely non-linear. It's really hard to put in words. My brain goes off on extreme tangents, which oddly make perfect sense in the moment. Sometimes I get stuck in a loop of thought, which is particularly annoying, because I would revisit that thought throughout the duration of my high. However, near the end of the high I always regret smoking. I vow to myself to be a better person and live a healthier lifestyle. But I still smoke, however, only by myself and a lot less frequently.
As for marijuana in relation to INTP, for me marijuana seems to amplify INTPish traits. :smoker:

Could'nt have said it any better

Cosmic

Local time
-->
It's EXTREMELY unpredictable with me. Sometimes it makes me really silly and extraverted, sometimes it makes me really paranoid, sometimes it makes me feel on top of it and lucid, but usually it just makes me detached, derpy, apathetic, shy, and incompetent. I also feel out of it for the next day or two after smoking bud (like, I'll start articulating my thoughts out loud randomly and without thinking), so I don't actively partake unless I find myself in the right situation.

ObliviousGenius

Local time
-->
After more observation I've come to decide that:

INTP functions Ti Ne Si Fe when sober or (high alone)-----> Te Ni Se Fi when high and around people. Therefore INTP ------> ENFJ.

I think normal subconscious thoughts become more extraverted. For example the INTP chameleon effect starts to collect information from body language, facial expressions, and other extroverted means, just as we normally collect conceptual information when sober. That's why it's easier to be more extraverted, friendly, etc.

I may explain in further detail soon but I'm getting close to an assignment deadline.

Devious

Captian Understatement
Local time
-->
-random person dropping by-

I'm curious, how do you all get your weed? Is it easily accessible? I've been wondering for a while now...
I apologize if it's a silly question.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
-random person dropping by-

I'm curious, how do you all get your weed? Is it easily accessible? I've been wondering for a while now...
I apologize if it's a silly question.
You live in California! Shouldn't be that hard.

You just talk to stoner people/friends, really. There's always someone with access to weed.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Marijuana just strikes me as an inferior drug with myriad side effects.

The enhanced sexual sensations and music appreciation are nice, but can be afforded elsewhere.

Marijuana might be the most hyped and banal drug I can think of offhand.

The culture around pot is ridiculous: consider how stupid it would be to make veiled references to drinking coffee in a song or a painting. The naughty aspect of smoking pot, in part, keeps the crap in circulation.

downsowf

Local time
-->
Marijuana just strikes me as an inferior drug with myriad side effects.

The enhanced sexual sensations and music appreciation are nice, but can be afforded elsewhere.

Marijuana might be the most hyped and banal drug I can think of offhand.

The culture around pot is ridiculous: consider how stupid it would be to make veiled references to drinking coffee in a song or a painting. The naughty aspect of smoking pot, in part, keeps the crap in circulation.

What's your poison then?

Exactly as the OP described.

A great tip: if you are dealing with someone, and it seems like they don't have a clue where you are coming from, which is common with an INTP, then smoke a few joints with him, and THEN explain it. You'll slow down your thinking much closer to his speed, and his mind will open to your possibilities. Makes you MUCH more understandable to non-INTPs.

Sometimes, I can become more articulate but most the times I'll speak using more abstract language, then have to explain myself even more with endless and endless examples that pop into my mind. I suppose that my state is dependent on externalities: the person, environment, etc... I think I can smoke pot now, at this point in my life, without it really affecting my demeanor in speech, or my ability to explain things. But I might be wrong. I'll ask the next person I smoke pot with. No, actually, that sounds like an awful idea.

CBadfeather

Local time
-->
+1 on everyone who said it reversed their functions/made them a little more extroverted. I went through a pretty heavy phase of smoking a few times a day for about a year. Now only occasionally. I think it also allows me get really into my intp "research projects" and theories.
I think the strain and quality have A LOT to do with the effects you experience.

Symbiot

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What an interesting thread. I was literally just thinking about this before I stumbled upon it. It's incredibly fascinating to me how it allows you to experience something different than your normal personality type.
It actually allows me to stop analyzing everything to a painful frustration level, and instead observe things with enjoyment. I no longer worry about everything, and rather experience everything with an open mind.

Local time
-->
To me, the effects didn't seem all that abnormal. I've got what some people like to call a "Natural High." My eyes are always bloodshot and have bags under them, always have an air of mild euphoria, lack of memory, constant hunger, incredibly poor perception of time, a higher than average sense of paranoia or anxiety, and most importantly, my thoughts. My thoughts are constantly stoner thoughts... I can't think of a better way to say it than that.

The only thing I notice differently when high is that these aspects are slightly elevated, but nothing else of note.

Local time
-->
Depends on the situation. when i smoke with friends i do come up with some pretty crazy stuff. thinking becomes extroverted and we pass back and forth an idea each adding to it until it is a wonderful new thing. but when alone introverted thinking goes into overdrive, my thoughts become more elaborate and i always come up with some pretty rad ideas. shame i can never remember them in the mornings ..

Agreed on sensing. a fat bowl, some dubstep music, and an optical illusion website is a wonderful combo.

Feelings, too, do become more clear cut and much easier to grasp from an introverted point of view. ill often wander around an immense field of my own emotions and make sense of them for extended periods of time simply because i know i wouldnt be able to if i weren't baked

Affinity

Local time
-->
It's nice for watching movies (which I won't remember later) or listening to music, and it's something I've done on occasion by myself, but otherwise I'm not a big fan. It seems to greatly amplify my internal monologues and thoughts to the point where it becomes distracting. I find conversation hard because I think so hard about what I'm about to say that I forget about the first half of the sentence I've already spoken and end up losing my train of thought completely.

This.

Top Bottom