• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Goals Thread

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 1:16 PM
-->
Was going to name this the March Goals Thread, but that like makes the thread redundant after March..

Did everybody manage to complete their January goals?
February's?

I didn't, I sucked. The only thing I have managed to do is like .. loose a stone.

I was supposed to start a job in February, but stood them up after I got some bad news.

So my main goal for March is rectifying that mistake. I have one last funeral to attend tomorrow and then Thursday I intend to go out and secure my self a position at a local bar. I don't intend to take no for an answer.

Besides that... work on health & fitness... and buy some new clothes..

My dodgey ear got better on its own, so at least I can forget about that.

Long term goals include having a new office job by the end of summer.. but not just any office job, this one will be in construction. I've been promised the position, but I have to wait for some sort of company merger to happen in the meantime.

Also by the end of summer, I want to be moved into a new property with my bestie, and by Christmas I want a flight booked to Amsterdam.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 2:16 PM
-->
Sounds like you are not letting setbacks discourage you. I admire that.

My goal is to be in the flow state 100% of the time.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 9:16 PM
-->
I still look fat like Kungfu Panda but at least I can do situps and pushups again just like Kungfu Panda...

I miss my abs :( so I guess that would be my goal.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, I'm successfully still alive after 2 months, as planned.

I'm hopeful to survive this 3rd month. After 3 months I'm thinking I'll be on a good streak and with this newfound confidence and some luck I'll manage to finish all 12 months before forces that be return the eternal clock and I'll have to struggle to count to 12 again.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
Today 6:16 AM
-->
Goals for the month:
Set up doctors appointment
Message one person a week on a dating site
Go on at least one date
Keep garden alive
Start second raised bed for melons, pumpkins, jicama, and squash.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 12:16 AM
-->
I completed the last of my goals from the January thread a couple of days ago! Satisfying. The big ones from that list were to get a new job and a new place (and I did them both! surprisingly in a new city) and I even finished all the minor goals :) even completed some long term goals I've been working at for a number of years. It's been a pretty amazing couple of months. I'm set to smash another goal tomorrow :) 2016 is a good year for me I think.

That goal setting thing in the other thread was a great idea. I'll have to think of some new ones for this thread.

Ember

Blazing Away
Local time
Today 11:16 PM
-->
I guess I kinda did some goal things -

Accidentally got accepted into the best University in my area.

Now I've just got to survive and all that other fun stuff.

Local time
-->
i plan to tidy up a bit at some point so i can impress everyone with my credible adulthood

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Gratz Ember and Happy!

Now I'm hyped to shed fats with my new workout.

Ember

Blazing Away
Local time
Today 11:16 PM
-->
To be honest I probably need to workout but for an alternative reason : To gain weight since I kinda let myself fall to shit over the summer break so I need to regain all that I lost.

Edit : I should point out I live in the Southern Hemisphere

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
Complete 100% of my workouts:
-add volume: long rounds on the mat, 25+ sets per workout in the weight room, add cardio

meet with an adviser:
-(3/8)

create structure for Ultimate Operator (a system I've been thinking about for a long time, I think its time): accumulate notes, brainstorming, exercises, new name for system

Properly cancel interview: I'm not really interested in being a cop, but I should stop burning bridges

Crock pot recipes: find easy, nutritious recipes

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Yeah *inserts positive feedback here* Now everyone feels amazing about themselves *pats everyone on the back heartily* I'll drop in that I too successfully completed my Jan goals. *Glosses over whoever failed theirs, they can always look to the high achievers anyway and strive for continued motivation and potential success this way*

New goal: Enjoy Malaysia (Singapore Too? Anywhere else I can throw in there?).

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 4:16 PM
-->
Well I did completed the forecasted plans of January(in February :P)
Started studying(game design and development at a college instead of computer science)
The moving apartment thing.
and in the 29th got a job :(

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
New goal: Enjoy Malaysia (Singapore Too? Anywhere else I can throw in there?).

I'm currently on the Gili Islands and Lombok (Indonesia). Definitely worth a visit.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
I suppose I'll state my goals for march.
Mindfulness meditation every day
Exercise @ gym every weekday

Now I have skin in the game, so whenever I visit this forum... I'll know what I did, or didn't do.

Also, the goals thread idea is pure genius.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
Someone chooses a goal that they are going to be the next big-hit rock star. Then that goal doesn't get finalized. Then that someone broods about how they never stick to their goals. Which makes me wonder if more emphasis should be put on making good goals to begin with, and their completion would just effortlessly follow through.

I see goal-setting as an organizational task, not meant to burden or push yourself in restrictive ways. It's meant to break something complex down into smaller parts. It meant to make things simpler. If it's not achieving that effect, then your next goal is to trash it.

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
more emphasis should be put on making good goals to begin with,
\\

You are correct in your thinking. Goals should be process oriented as opposed to results oriented. Especially when dynamic factors - such as other people - are involved.

dutchdisease

Local time
Today 9:16 AM
-->
Glad to see my thread was reincarnated without me.

My January goals were a moderate success.

As for future goals let's see:

Get acceptable grades

Figure out what I am doing with my newly found relationship with someone

Get my career plan hammered out

Once I decide on a career path, master necessary skills

Try to survive

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
Never mind everything I said before....

1. Eat more apples.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I got a job. Local bar & resturant. As many hours as I can work, so I'm workin them all. One of my best mates was just hired there as a chef too... and its the same company my bestie works for.

Its perfect, the gaffa is really laid back, but straight talkin - just how I like em, possible ENTP.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
I've started a daily gymnastics and exercise (sprinting & bodyweight) routine. And I've made significant progress learning javascript by ranking up to grade 5 on this site: https://www.codewars.com/users/sign_in

Aims this month are to apply for first web-development job (so I can finally move out of this %*$%ing town), work on personal website, and put in a few hours a day learning to write poetry.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
Waking up before noon. It feels a little bit fucked up to come to work at 3 PM.

charliepoo

Local time
-->
well feb 1st became my new jan 1st and then march 1st became my jan 1st and as soon as I realized it was St. Patrick's day weekend I decided that after this weekend, It'll be jan 1st again.

so my goals are 1) no drinking or sugar 2) start lifting again 3) take this programming hobby more seriously and stop being so lazy.

I'll let you know how things go next month so long as it's not jan 1st again.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
Never write down a goal unless you want to forget it.

Starfishtea

Memer
Local time
-->
I have consistently failed all the weight loss goals I've set since 2014. The only thing I've accomplished this year was to join a gym that I only really visited for a few weeks late january to february. I still look like the michelin man.

Other than that I am trying to save money and lose weight for a possible Japan trip in october. I'm also in the process of moving out from my parents home and finishing high school (lol). I haven't had any goals that weren't weight loss related in years and it feels weird to actaully want to do things.

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
I have consistently failed all the weight loss goals I've set since 2014. The only thing I've accomplished this year was to join a gym that I only really visited for a few weeks late january to february. I still look like the michelin man.

Other than that I am trying to save money and lose weight for a possible Japan trip in october. I'm also in the process of moving out from my parents home and finishing high school (lol). I haven't had any goals that weren't weight loss related in years and it feels weird to actaully want to do things.

I was a personal trainer for a number of years. The most important thing about getting healthy and fit is finding a way to exercise that you love. If you dont like, say, lifting weights (or whatever) but your only way to get fit is to lift weights...well you'll never stick with it. Or if you do, you'll spend a bunch of your life doing something you dont like doing. Which is dumb. Check out this page (and the whole site):

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/09/17/25-ways-to-exercise-without-realizing-it/

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
^ great link Paul

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've been hitting my veggies goal pretty consistently for a while now. Feels good.

Next goal is to get 1 thing done each day. Just 1 thing. I'm struggling hard at the moment so this'll be an achievement.

Last goal is to learn 1 one of my work pieces this weekend. Really need to get cracking on that.

*edit
FUCK, FORGOT MY WEEKEND IS TAKEN UP BY SYDNEY CUNTS. You guys better be entertaining!

I'll learn at least half of one of the movements, dammit.

**edit
*supports starfishtea in her goals* Rah rah rah!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Additional goal: Stop losing temper at helpless children unless anger is intentionally chosen to achieve a specific goal.
Positive form of goal: Always see the human. If anger's getting out of control, SHUT THE FUCK UP until my perception's recentred.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Ugh, I was doing so well with routine up until the other day.

New boss turned out not to be so great. Will not hand me over a contract, and so I have refused to work 50 hour week above the law - cuz set ups like this always manage to skank you one way or another. I've dropped to part time without a contract (and my friend quit).. But now I'm teetering on the edge of loosing all my get up and go once more. Second sleepless night on the trot.

Trotters.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 8:16 AM
-->

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 224

Starfishtea

Memer
Local time
-->
I was a personal trainer for a number of years. The most important thing about getting healthy and fit is finding a way to exercise that you love. If you dont like, say, lifting weights (or whatever) but your only way to get fit is to lift weights...well you'll never stick with it. Or if you do, you'll spend a bunch of your life doing something you dont like doing. Which is dumb. Check out this page (and the whole site):

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/09/17/25-ways-to-exercise-without-realizing-it/

That is a really good link. I'm honestly feeling motivated just by reading it. I didn't even read the whole thing before I decided to go for a walk.

Also thank you Cheese : )

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Next goal is to get 1 thing done each day. Just 1 thing. I'm struggling hard at the moment so this'll be an achievement.

This is one of my current goals too :)

Second Goal:
I'm trying to rework sleeping patterns so that I go to sleep at 9pm and wake at 5am so that I can smash the gym every day before work. That one's hard, but I'm getting there. I'm at 10:30pm-6:30am at the moment (most nights) from a starting point of a 4am-1pm routine I had last year... It's also making the 1 thing a day goal a little easier - a little bit of extra time to work with in the mornings is great. And I seem to work harder when I know I have a 9pm deadline for everything.

Third Goal:
Another goal I have going is to learn how to create a bespoke suit. (Because how many people do you know that can make quality garments? I'm over paying stupid amounts of money for a sub-par fit...) I'm learning trousers at the moment. Almost ready to buy the cloth for a real pair - not a mockup - but my major obstacle is not having a tailoring iron.

Fourth Goal:
I'm working on learning German. (I wanted to learn a language and I live with a German, so i figured that would be the best) That's a new project though, mostly just listening to audio lessons to pass the time on my daily commutes.

Local time
-->
I'm trying to rework sleeping patterns

me too...this is the bane of my existence
same

priority is sorting out my schedule...i havent seen bf and friends in weeks because i keep procrastinating everything till weekends
its really hard to believe that i will ever change and actually sort out my life though. its no use...
also im ADDICTED to this forum, i really ought to stop coming here :'(

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
I cut down my INTPforum addiction by using it exclusively on my phone (via browser, not that tapatalk app - whatever that is) it's just so damn inconvenient.

That could work too. That link PNB shared looks interesting, but seems like too much hassle to increase productivity - at least for me. Seems like something that would get installed and never used.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Reporting in:
Haven't been doing so well on my 'one thing/day', but it's already more than I would've done otherwise. I don't count things that are absolutely necessary, like the laundry/dishwashing/general household hygiene. But I just cleaned up my desk and went through some old mail. YEAH! *fistpump* :D That makes a big difference in how using my desk each day will feel. Tomorrow's my day off - I'm hoping to tackle a lot more and really make a big dent.

I find I have to be careful not to be too authoritarian with myself. Today I was exhausted and sick, and only managed to do anything because I told myself I'd just move one thing and see how much more I could handle. I ended up doing the whole desk (my original goal) and more, but I know I would've set a bad mental precedent if I 'forced' myself. Eventually I'd be miserable and feel like far more of a failure than if I never tried. This only seems to work for me if I keep accepting myself and cheering myself on for just trying, rather than trying to reach some pre-set goal - even if the goal seems laughably small.

I've been doing well with students though. Not damaging my students, and hopefully even being of some use to them as people, is something I've always been focused on.

The last few months to a year I've been on my last nerve, but I've sorted through some personal things which has given me enough mental space to deal with my students fairly. At least for a while. Keeping your internal garden properly weeded is vital for all relationships - hard lesson to learn. I do best at work when I'm clear-headed enough to not get caught up in a negative dynamic the kid wants to create to avoid engaging with the material. If I get sucked into it, it's just a sign I'm out of balance internally.

I wrote a massive rant on teaching then deleted it. It's going into my ever-growing Word doc of unfinished posts, a sort of graveyard for my thoughts. I always plan to go back and post them somewhere but never do. One day I'll add some random line spacings then publish them all as a poetry collection.

I'd probably quit the forum if I was restricted to using it on my phone. Too fiddly. I wondered about tailoring for a little while, and learnt some German. Think I'll get back on the latter - once I've finished at least one book.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
Fourth Goal:
I'm working on learning German. (I wanted to learn a language and I live with a German, so i figured that would be the best) That's a new project though, mostly just listening to audio lessons to pass the time on my daily commutes.

I've been doing the same with German. Been doing a lesson on Mango daily, but the past three days I've been really busy. So today I'll do several lessons.

I want to catch up on exercising daily. I've still been going for a run or two every week, but I want to go for more. Not trying to lose weight or anything, I just want to build muscle and endurance.

Local time
-->
well im always looking for new and innovative ways to do anything but the thing im supposed to do...i suppose the app may help alleviate my forum addiction, but im sure i will find some other way to rot and waste time

*my slothfulness and self-contempt hold hands while watching the sunset of yet another wasted day*

ok i'll write down more concrete goals
-get back to watching MOOCs
-also these days it feels like i barely read(other than assigned uni readings) or watch films...so, watch more films and read more books
-start cramming some work into the breaks i have between classes instead of leaving everything to weekends

if i do atleast one of these things per day, that would be great

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
I've started a daily gymnastics and exercise (sprinting & bodyweight) routine. And I've made significant progress learning javascript by ranking up to grade 5 on this site: https://www.codewars.com/users/sign_in

Aims this month are to apply for first web-development job (so I can finally move out of this %*$%ing town), work on personal website, and put in a few hours a day learning to write poetry.

Well, I'm acing my goals. 2 INTJ 4 dis thread. :borg:

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
My goals are few and simple on the surface, but not everything is as it seems.

1) dry clothes. I put them out on the line as it was drizzling thinking, 'well hey I'm in one of the sunniest and windiest cities in the world it'll be hot tomorrow and be dry when I wake up' - not the case at all, 24 hours later it's still raining.

2) buy food, rice and instant noodles just isn't enough, surprisingly.

3) find a job, it helps generally.

Edit: its 4am again, perhaps I should think about altering my sleeping pattern if I want to work on goal 3 more seriously. And goals 1 and 2.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 4:16 PM
-->
In april I want my game to be a functional game(now it's more like spaceship AI sneaking tech demo)
I am spending too much time on endless refactoring, mainly on upgrading the graphics engine, it can now have dynamic lighting(did not upgrade it for that reason)

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
dropped 3 kilos in three months. Wooh! Just a few more :)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well done Pyro.

I forgot this thread existed.

Goals for today:

Get out of Bed (Has taken two hours, but I'm finally moving)
Tidy Room
Finish Garden
Make up with Chris (Only took two seconds)
Think of excuse for missing team meeting and execute successfully (Pending results, like my 4th excuse in a row, feigning unapologetic circumstances)
Aquire more weed

Goals for tonight:

Be ready for work (was over an hour late)
Complete work (In progress)
Hook up with that guy from last night.
Or get the goodies from Chris (Unknown probability, not priority)

Goals for tomorrow:

Eat and Sleep.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
Goal for tomorrow: buy toilet paper

dutchdisease

Local time
-->
Goals for tomorrow:

Survive the daily grind

Do another German lesson (hopefully will be fluent in a year or 2 though I do have issues with verbal communication)

Check email

Continue Reading "The Worldly Philosophers"

Keep mind focused on what is important

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I eventually finished both the back and front gardens today, and I actually did manage to hook up with the predetermined specimen from the other night; all hope is not lost yet.

That's like a 96% goal success rate the other day, no? (Not literally, I didn't do the math)

Goals for the coming week:

Help Arthur with his Gardens (elderly neighbor)
Do Jeans Garden.
Ride out yet another excuse at work
Get a decent data plan
Get out in the sun
Do some physio and fitness
Start paintwork
Don't be a bitch to whatshisface
Oh and don't forget Jeans birthday next Wednesday.
Try and get photos and music sorted.

A couple of weeks ago, I spent 2 whole days thinking it was March - for some reason, and that I'd missed a friends birthday..

Win war with spiders.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Pulled off the work excuse, God knows how. Not due in till next week. I'm loosing the war with the spiders, the creepy cunts are everywhere; from my bedroom walls, to the doors, the sinks and the gardens. Ugh, WHY do they need to exist?!

Between them and the fact that I don't have an impending deadline to adhere to, I'm suffering a bit of anxiety.

What to do with myself? Plently, were it not evening and were I not super stoned.

Goals for today:

Get up, get dressed, get a life.

Top Bottom