• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"The Introverted Face"

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
Yesterday 10:09 PM
-->
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/the-introverted-face/381697/#

"The fact that social decisions are influenced by facial morphology would be less troubling if it were a strong and reliable indicator of people’s underlying traits,' the researchers write in today's article. 'Unfortunately, careful consideration of the evidence suggests that it is not.'

The primary problem is that people feel they have this sense, and they ignore other relevant information, Olivola said. Politics is a great example. His research has shown that politicians whose facial structure is deemed to look more competent are more likely to win elections.

Olivola has also done studies that show in conservative-leaning states, finding that the more "traditionally Republican" a person's face is deemed to look, the more votes he/she gets. Even if they're a Democrat. And the correlation between facial competence and vote share is strongest among voters who are lacking in political knowledge."

Phob1a

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:09 AM
-->
Political parties know this and many candidates are used as mere faces, we live in an erocracy.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 6:09 AM
-->
Political parties know this and many candidates are used as mere faces, we live in an erocracy.

Yea, ever since Ed Millibamd was heading the labour party, a day didn't go by without his 'goofyness' and subsequent 'incompetence' being highlighted, at all levels media.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=e...ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI5Mz0gen3yAIVSm0UCh2PNQaW

In contrast, heading the conservatives was Twatamoron, with his blue tie and collar. All perception manipulation, the election was fixed, Cameron was set for a 10 year rule from the get go, by his financiers. But the elections now over, so we now get a glimpse of all his swiney habits.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=e...gen3yAIVSm0UCh2PNQaW#tbm=isch&q=david+cameron

And has nobody else noticed that Obama is camp as f ?

Inquisitor

Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
People who are judged to be more attractive are also judged to be more intelligent and capable.

Wikipedia

Local time
-->
People who are judged to be more attractive are also judged to be more intelligent and capable.

Wikipedia

Agreed that attractivness=more favourable impression in general
Not sure about the "intelligent" part tho. i think people tend to associate beauty with stupidity
Edit: stupidity is a strong word i guess...i meant something more along the lines of "naivete"

Local time
-->
mind controlled satanic slut ballerinas

i just remembered that i posted a documentary covering this issue and how it relates to the forthcoming endtimes quite recently.

i cbf to re-post the link, those who seek the truth mbf to find it for themselves.

and has anybody else noticed that ballet is just an elaborate form of skipping?

...coincidence? i think not.

Well it's a breakthrough for Gay rights activists.

is it, oh good.

Local time
-->
End of the world:
Alfred Schnittke's Symphony No. 9 playing in background
Everyone suddenly starts violently and haphazardly elaborately skipping...doesn't matter if someone's in their way, they'll tear their way right through the bodies

Pisi

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:09 AM
-->
Agreed that attractivness=more favourable impression in general
Not sure about the "intelligent" part tho. i think people tend to associate beauty with stupidity
Edit: stupidity is a strong word i guess...i meant something more along the lines of "naivete"

Once, a great italian poet said "Raramente a grande bellezza si accompagna grande virtù" - "Rarely a great beauty accompanies great virtues". It's incredible to see how it is true in a great number of cases, even though there are exceptions.
If it's true that faces change according to type then I would think that beauty has something to do with mbti.

Top Bottom