• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The 'Personal DNA' Test

Sapphire Harp

Local time
Yesterday 9:38 PM
-->
Hey everyone. I came across the personal DNA test a couple years ago and rather enjoyed it at the time. It measures a variety of different traits (confidence, openness, empathy, etc...) and gives a rough label on what you are.

The test itself is more fun than usual, because it's not just simple yes and no options. There's lots of sliders and grids and such that you mark your place on. You'll see what I mean if you try it.

It's also a bit interesting in how it takes your results, gives you a fairly accurate list of trends those traits imply - and follows it with decent advice on things to try 'if you want to be different.'

I have taken it twice; once long ago and again just now. The first time it called me a Generous Curator and the second time a Reserved Realist. Both feel appropriate to me... :P

Anyway, I think some of you will enjoy this.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
Yesterday 8:38 PM
-->
soo many tests...It seems the more I take the less I know about myself...ironic lol

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 5:38 AM
-->
You are an Experiencer
#

Your inquisitive nature, imagination, and hands-on practicality make you an EXPERIENCER.
#

Although you have an active imagination, you also concern yourself with the functional elements of things.
#

You are willing to experiment to find things that work the most efficiently.
#

Getting stuck in certain habits is boring to you—you'd rather find new experiences.
#

Accordingly, experiences are more important to you than objects—you'd rather spend your money and energy on events and adventures than on material things.
#

You like to contemplate a lot of options before making a decision, and you're willing and able to consider a lot of different angles to problems.
#

You're open to suggestions, and often rely on others to assess the merit of those suggestions.
#

You have an ability to see the big picture—not just how things are, but how they could be—in a variety of situations.
#

You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

You are Generous

#

Your awareness of those around you, along with your nuanced perceptions of the world at large, makes you the GENEROUS person that you are.
#

You value time to yourself and understand how rich your private world can be—you know that you don't have to go wild to have a good time.
#

You are excited and energized by ideas and often enjoy things more through observation than through experience.
#

This tendency gives you an appreciation for different perspectives and opinions about the world.
#

Being as aware of others as you are doesn't mean you find it easy to trust them immediately—this is something that happens more slowly for you.
#

Despite this, you are aware of the complexities of many situations and are reluctant to pass judgments on others.
#

Although you have fewer friendships than some people, those that you have are meaningful and are important to you.
#

You value spending time alone—it is while reflecting on the world around you that you often learn something new about yourself or begin to understand something that's been bothering you.

dna.jpg

Whatever that means...

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
I have taken this test a while back. These are my results:

You are a Reserved Artist.

You Are an Artist

- Your appreciation of beauty, ability to think abstractly, and innovativeness make you an ARTIST.
- Never one to be tied to a particular way of doing things, you let your imagination guide you in discovering different possibilities.
- You would rather seek out new experiences than stick to your everyday habits, taking in as much of the world as possible.
- Your eye for beauty and your willingness to consider different perspectives make your creative efforts interesting—even though you may not realize this yourself.
- You prefer to think about things before voicing your opinion, considering a wide, diverse range of options.
- While there are forms and styles that you prefer, you tend to keep an open mind when it comes to your artistic preferences.
- You are curious about things, interested in the "why" more than the “how.”
- You have an active imagination that leads you express yourself in a distinct way.
- Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
- You approach problems in an analytical way, not getting caught up in your own emotions. You are an independent thinker, not wedded to the preferences of others.
- You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

You are Reserved

- You are RESERVED – you aren't someone who always needs to have others around, and you find you can handle most situations on your own.
- You can be very happy spending time alone, and enjoy your own thoughts and ideas.
- You find it difficult to understand why some people get so emotional and tell everyone else their problems.
- You believe that if you want to get something done, it is best to do it yourself.
- In your experience, other people are not always completely dependable, so you generally rely on yourself and only a few close others.
- Despite your independence, you are not a closed-minded person who makes hasty judgments about others. You know that it isn't always easy to walk in other people's shoes.
- At times other people's feelings are puzzling to you, and you wish that people were more rational.
- Your vision of the world is complex – your values are not set in stone. Instead, you are able to change your beliefs as you learn new information.

attachment.php

Concojones

Local time
-->
Great test! Impressive accuracy! Thanks, Sapphire! :cool:

About you - You are an INVENTOR

- Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.
- You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.
- The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.
- Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.
- Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.
- Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.
- It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.
- Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.
- You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.
- Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
- You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.
- Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.
--- If you want to be different: Try applying your creativity to more artistic arenas, and letting your imagination take less practical forms.

How you relate to others - You are CONSIDERATE

- You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.
- You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.
- You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.
- Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.
- Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.
- Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.
- You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.
- Your close friends know you as a good listener.
--- If you want to be different: Because other people would benefit immensely from your understanding and insight, you should try to be more outgoing in social situations, even when they make you uncomfortable. Others will want to hear what you have to say!

attachment.php

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
Today 4:38 AM
-->
cool

You are an Inventor

Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.

You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.

The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.

Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.

Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.

Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.

It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.

Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.

You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.

Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts

Your sense of adventure is supreme - you're up for anything, anytime. Making plans in advance isn't necessary for you: you'd rather figure things out on the go.

You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

You are Respectful

Your reserved nature, understanding of the world, and faith in others make you RESPECTFUL.

You trust those around you to do the right thing, so you tend not to get involved in other people's affairs.

You have fewer friendships than some, but the relationships you do have are very meaningful and important to you.

Your careful and practical observation of your environment has led you to understand that others' situations can be very complex.

Because of this, you are slow to pass judgments on others, even if sometimes you can't see what it is about certain things that upsets them.

You tend to enjoy the world through ideas and reflection, which allows you to get a lot out of the time you spend alone.

Your friends would describe you as laid-back and easy-going.

As someone who is calm and centered, you aren't likely to rush into things—this patience allows you to see many different perspectives and options.

results.jpg

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
You are an Experiencer
#

Your inquisitive nature, imagination, and hands-on practicality make you an EXPERIENCER.
#

Although you have an active imagination, you also concern yourself with the functional elements of things.
#

#

Getting stuck in certain habits is boring to you—you'd rather find new experiences.
#

Accordingly, experiences are more important to you than objects—you'd rather spend your money and energy on events and adventures than on material things.
#

You like to contemplate a lot of options before making a decision, and you're willing and able to consider a lot of different angles to problems.
#

You're open to suggestions, and often rely on others to assess the merit of those suggestions.
#

You have an ability to see the big picture—not just how things are, but how they could be—in a variety of situations.
#

Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
#

You are balanced in your approach to problem-solving, not letting your emotions hold you up.
#

You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.
#

You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.
If you want to be different:
#

Have faith that your imagination and practicality will complement each other, and lead to good decisions on your part.
#

Take the initiative in seeking things out—don't wait for them to come to you.
how you relate to others
You are Reserved
#

You are RESERVED – you aren't someone who always needs to have others around, and you find you can handle most situations on your own.
#

You can be very happy spending time alone, and enjoy your own thoughts and ideas.
#

You find it difficult to understand why some people get so emotional and tell everyone else their problems.
#

You believe that if you want to get something done, it is best to do it yourself.
#

In your experience, other people are not always completely dependable, so you generally rely on yourself and only a few close others.
#

Despite your independence, you are not a closed-minded person who makes hasty judgments about others. You know that it isn't always easy to walk in other people's shoes.
#

At times other people's feelings are puzzling to you, and you wish that people were more rational.
#

Your vision of the world is complex – your values are not set in stone. Instead, you are able to change your beliefs as you learn new information.
#

Even though it is tiring, making an extra effort to spend time with others even when you feel like being alone can have powerful positive effects on your relationships.
#

Practice talking about yourself to people you haven't previously trusted. You will forge friendships where you wouldn't have thought possible, and with practice, sharing your thoughts and feelings will get easier and easier.

This one makes more sense. Kind of at an INTP-link loss though.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Both of those are high, at 92.

I just looked at my results again and I scored 10 for empathy lol. But I think this is because while I can usually spot what others are feeling, I never express my own emotions to anyone.

As for spontaneity I scored 100 but I never really consider consequences for my actions. I do what I do and deal with what comes my way in real time. I find the risks more exciting.

Concojones

Local time
-->
'Spontaneity' is a misleading term here. I think they are referring to spontaneous actions (not reactions). Last minute changes, etc., instead of following rigid planning. The equivalent of MBTI 'perceiving'.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Those numbers just say how many people scored higher or lower than you.

Red Mage

Local time
Yesterday 10:38 PM
-->
'Spontaneity' is a misleading term here. I think they are referring to spontaneous actions (not reactions). Last minute changes, etc., instead of following rigid planning. The equivalent of MBTI 'perceiving'.

Yeah, I just read that. Still, I'm a little surprised how high it is for me.

Those numbers just say how many people scored higher or lower than you.

Yeah, it's a percentile. It's still representative of just how high it is. That's the purpose of it. That's how it shows you whether you're high or low or in the middle, by comparing you to a sample.

mathy

Local time
-->
That test was fun!

Free-wheeling Creator.

Maybe I'm ENTP after all.......

About you:

You are a Creator

Your imagination, confidence, willingness to explore, and appreciation of beauty make you a CREATOR.

You are independent, and you enjoy your self-sufficiency.

Defying convention, you are very innovative, and you have a vivid imagination.

The look of things is important to you, and you have a keen eye for aesthetic beauty in multiple arenas.

You have a strong interest in what is new and exciting—and that includes forging ahead with new ideas, not simply discovering what is already out there.

Your eagerness to seek new and varied experiences leads you into many different situations.

You're not set on one way of doing things, and you are creative when it comes to finding novel solutions to complex problems.

You trust yourself to be innovative and resourceful.

Your confidence allows you to take your general awareness and channel it into creativity.

You are balanced in your approach to problem-solving, not letting your emotions hold you up.

You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

Appreciate the earthly, practical elements of things—there is beauty in form as well.

While you are good at thinking abstractly, focusing on details a bit more may help you discover things about the world.

--------

How you relate to others:

You are Free-Wheeling

Your charismatic nature, liveliness, and independence make you FREE-WHEELING.

You don't mind being in the spotlight, preferring social gatherings to quiet nights at home.

You take a practical approach to people, not getting too involved in their feelings—or their business.

At the same time, your acceptance of others leads you to be understanding of their life circumstances, even if you don't quite understand their emotional reactions to some things.

Although you have a wide circle of friends, you're very discerning as to whom you can trust.

You're not rigid in your beliefs about the world, and you don't want to impose your perspective on others, but at the same time, you know that plenty of people don't always act responsibly.

Engaging with others is a large part of how you live in the world, and most importantly, it plays a role in how you see yourself—you tend to learn a lot about yourself in situations where you are with other people.

You have an understanding of the complexities of situations, and you don't judge others too hastily.

Your open-mindedness about the world gives you a great perspective on things, but your lack of trust in others limits how close you can get with them. Try opening up to people a bit more without losing your healthy skepticism.

While being the life of the party will occasionally come naturally to you, be sure to reserve time for yourself—see what you can learn by spending some time observing the world rather than just by diving in.

--------

Somehow my extroversion is too high. I rated questions about being around people fairly middle, sometimes leaning towards E sometimes towards I, depending on the question. I do think I enjoy being around people sometimes, but "life of the party" is certainly far from accurate. But otherwise, it was pretty cool.

Oh, funny thing: my femininity was low, and my masculinity was slightly low. I guess I'm genderless!!! D:

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You are an Idealist

As an IDEALIST, you are distinctive for your integration of confidence, imagination, willingness to explore, and desire for competence over style.
You have a strong capacity to comprehend the inner workings of things, finding new ideas and innovative insights to feed your curious nature.
You are quite comfortable in the realm of abstract thought. You don't need a practical solution to every one of life's questions.
You are comfortable with the decisions you make in life. You don't need to second-guess yourself, or seek a lot of opinions before you make up your mind.
You enjoy the routines that you have created in your life, and don't feel the need to shake things up just for the sake of change.
You generally succeed at what you do, and others would describe you as successful.
It is important to you that products be efficient – looking good has to come second to working well.
You aren't the kind of person who needs to collect stylish items in an attempt to create an attractive environment – you know that what matters most is function, not style.
You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

You take time to explore your own thoughts and ideas, but this experience would only be heightened if you opened yourself up even more to others' ideas.
Your faith in yourself and your lifestyle is well-founded, but the occasional foray into the unknown might broaden your perspective and help you see things differently.

how you relate to others

You are Considerate

You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.
You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.
You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.
Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.
Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.
Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.
You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.
Your close friends know you as a good listener.

Because other people would benefit immensely from your understanding and insight, you should try to be more outgoing in social situations, even when they make you uncomfortable. Others will want to hear what you have to say!

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
I'm MANLY. :o

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Respectful Inventor. Quite accurate, but this test keeps on discounting my artistic side. I happen to have a different take on art than a lot of people, so sometimes it goes undetected by personality tests.

Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.
You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.
The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.
Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.
Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.
Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.
It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.
Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.
You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.

Your reserved nature, understanding of the world, and faith in others make you RESPECTFUL.
You trust those around you to do the right thing, so you tend not to get involved in other people's affairs.
You have fewer friendships than some, but the relationships you do have are very meaningful and important to you.
Your careful and practical observation of your environment has led you to understand that others' situations can be very complex.
Because of this, you are slow to pass judgments on others, even if sometimes you can't see what it is about certain things that upsets them.
You tend to enjoy the world through ideas and reflection, which allows you to get a lot out of the time you spend alone.
Your friends would describe you as laid-back and easy-going.
As someone who is calm and centered, you aren't likely to rush into things—this patience allows you to see many different perspectives and options.

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->
I came out as a concerned analyst.

#

Your attention to detail, confidence, sense of order, and focus on functionality combine to make you an ANALYST.
#

You are very curious about how things work, delving into the mechanics behind things.
#

Along those lines, how well something works is usually more important to you than what it looks like.
#

You find beauty and wonder mainly in concrete, functional, earthly things.
#

You are very aware of your own abilities, and you believe that you will find the best way of doing things.
#

Accordingly, problems do not intimidate you, as you believe in yourself.
#

You trust yourself to find solutions within the boundaries of your knowledge.
#

You don't spend a lot of time imagining how things could be different—you're well-grounded in the here-and-now.
#

It is important for you to follow a routine, and you prefer the familiar to the unknown.
#

#

You much prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute. Your decisions are well thought out, and you're not the least bit impulsive.
#

#

#

Your understanding of others' emotions, your sense of right and wrong, and your skeptical nature make you CONCERNED.
#

Your observations of your environment, in concert with your clearly defined worldview, leads you to be aware of the feelings of others.
#

Because you can read people well, and because you can understand their feelings, you are often bothered by others' insensitive behavior.
#

While you appreciate others' emotional nature, you don't think their emotional concerns should take precedence over their obligations to society.
#

You prefer to be in smaller groups, as big groups can occasionally get out of hand.
#

Order and structure are somewhat important to you—you believe that people's feelings are better protected when others are respectful and follow certain societal guidelines.
#

You tend to share your feelings with a few individuals who are close with you, but otherwise you are a somewhat private person.

I liked this test. Very well designed and extremely accurate. :)

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
I'm glad most of you are enjoying it.

It's interesting to me that everyone is scoring all over the board. Hardly anyone is getting the same combination as a result.

On reflection, I realize I'm surprised that such an innovative test is free. Personally, I think the mechanisms used in the test are leaps and bounds above all the other online tests I have taken.

It's a pity there isn't an MBTI test of this style.

P.S. I didn't expect everyone would be posting their scores. If you're interested in mine, see the generous curator and the reserved realist.

Cobra

Local time
-->
I actually hated it, Saph! Didn't feel that coming. I did however LOVE the buckets! Looked like slime. My favorite.

But, yeah... I dunno what about those questions I was uncomfortable with, but I couldn't calm down enough to answer them correctly. All my scores were very low. Fail? I can't really explain why, but in the end, my "Attention to Style" was my highest score at a whopping 98. WTF

Perhaps the determining factor [in why I ended up hating it] is that when asked questions about "style" and "aesthetics" I answered them as honestly as I could and seem to remember me leaning much more toward "practicality" and "functionality." When I got a 98 in that field, and my next highest score was 54 in Femininity, I said, "Fuck you, DNA," and stormed outta there. I WANT A REFUND! Round 2 will be next month, maybe, when I can cool my jets. Maybe cuz I just took the quiz while nervously looking over my shoulder hoping my boss doesn't realize we have no animated bucket-like functions in our company software.

/left field

EDIT: Oh, for the record, my result was Advocating Thinker. I suppose that's my phantom INFP that came out a bit... *mumbles to self* Panzy INFP side. *shakes fist*

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
Generous Inventor

Inventor

You're well-attuned to your emotional state, and not afraid to use your feelings to guide you. You tend to be cooperative, rarely contradicting others, and always considerate of their feelings.

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

The control you feel over your life is empowering to you-- you believe in your abilities and acknowledge your shortcomings. Explanations of the world that focus on destiny or fate don't really interest you. You take responsibility for what goes wrong in your life, and also for what goes well.

Generous

Your awareness of those around you, along with your nuanced perceptions of the world at large, makes you the GENEROUS person that you are.

You value time to yourself and understand how rich your private world can be—you know that you don't have to go wild to have a good time.

You are excited and energized by ideas and often enjoy things more through observation than through experience.

This tendency gives you an appreciation for different perspectives and opinions about the world.

Being as aware of others as you are doesn't mean you find it easy to trust them immediately—this is something that happens more slowly for you.

Despite this, you are aware of the complexities of many situations and are reluctant to pass judgments on others.

Although you have fewer friendships than some people, those that you have are meaningful and are important to you.

You value spending time alone—it is while reflecting on the world around you that you often learn something new about yourself or begin to understand something that's been bothering you.

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm feeling a bit freakish as the only Idealist. I didn't even warrant a two word name!

*EDIT*
Oh I see the two words comes the two parts. Missed that.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:38 PM
-->
^^different from last time, AI? Experiencer --> thinker. You really have been camping out inside recently, haven't you?

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
^^different from last time, AI? Experiencer --> thinker. You really have been camping out inside recently, haven't you?

yes i have... i've become much more withdrawn and antisocial lately. its interesting that its reflected in this test (i knew i'd taken this one before but i had forgotten what i got last time).

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Respectful dreamer, apparently.

You are a Dreamer

#Your combination of abstract thinking, appreciation of beauty, and cautiousness makes you a DREAMER.

#You often imagine how things could be better, and you have very specific visions of this different future.

#Beauty and style are important to you, and you have a discerning eye when it comes to how things look.

#Although you often think more broadly, you prefer comfort to adventure, choosing to stay within the boundaries of your current situation.

#Your preferences for artistic works are very refined, although you vastly prefer some types and styles to others.

#Though your dreams are quite vivid, you are cautious in following up on them.

#You are aware of both your positive and negative qualities, so that your ego doesn't get in your way.

#A sense of vulnerability sometimes holds you back, stifling your creative tendencies.

#You approach problems in an analytical way, not getting caught up in your own emotions. You are an independent thinker, not wedded to the preferences of others.

#Never one to be found in chic boutiques or trendy clothing stores, you take an extremely practical approach to getting dressed.

#Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

Link

Android

Solyaris
Local time
-->
I liked that test quite a lot, though I can't say it revealed much that I hadn't already noticed.. I can easily see fitting into some of the other categories as well. I came up as a Reserved Inventor, though Inventor/Experiencer and some Thinker seems more accurate to me.

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
I actually hated it, Saph! Didn't feel that coming. I did however LOVE the buckets! Looked like slime. My favorite.

But, yeah... I dunno what about those questions I was uncomfortable with, but I couldn't calm down enough to answer them correctly. All my scores were very low. Fail? I can't really explain why, but in the end, my "Attention to Style" was my highest score at a whopping 98. WTF

Well, someone was bound to hate it, right? I think the greater part of my interest in the test comes from the technology of it, and the minor part from the analysis of individuals... Personally, I'd really like to see this style of testing become widespread on the internet - rather than the multiple choice tests we're all familiar with.

yes i have... i've become much more withdrawn and antisocial lately. its interesting that its reflected in this test (i knew i'd taken this one before but i had forgotten what i got last time).

I think one of the test's great strengths is it's ability to capture nuance... You can't just set the sliders like you did the time before... You look at the amounts you've divvied out from the buckets, they feel not quite right, and you adjust them... it's a lot less precisely intellectual and much more intuitive... so, your feelings easily get involved...

Cobra

Local time
-->
Well, someone was bound to hate it, right? I think the greater part of my interest in the test comes from the technology of it, and the minor part from the analysis of individuals... Personally, I'd really like to see this style of testing become widespread on the internet - rather than the multiple choice tests we're all familiar with.

I'm still gonna retake it. I think the conspirators rigged it.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
You are a Reserved Creator.

You are a Creator

Your imagination, confidence, willingness to explore, and appreciation of beauty make you a CREATOR.
You are independent, and you enjoy your self-sufficiency.
Defying convention, you are very innovative, and you have a vivid imagination.
The look of things is important to you, and you have a keen eye for aesthetic beauty in multiple arenas.
You have a strong interest in what is new and exciting—and that includes forging ahead with new ideas, not simply discovering what is already out there.
Your eagerness to seek new and varied experiences leads you into many different situations.
You're not set on one way of doing things, and you are creative when it comes to finding novel solutions to complex problems.
You trust yourself to be innovative and resourceful.
Your confidence allows you to take your general awareness and channel it into creativity.

Appreciate the earthly, practical elements of things—there is beauty in form as well.
While you are good at thinking abstractly, focusing on details a bit more may help you discover things about the world.
how you relate to others

You are Reserved

You are RESERVED – you aren't someone who always needs to have others around, and you find you can handle most situations on your own.
You can be very happy spending time alone, and enjoy your own thoughts and ideas.
You find it difficult to understand why some people get so emotional and tell everyone else their problems.
You believe that if you want to get something done, it is best to do it yourself.
In your experience, other people are not always completely dependable, so you generally rely on yourself and only a few close others.
Despite your independence, you are not a closed-minded person who makes hasty judgments about others. You know that it isn't always easy to walk in other people's shoes.
At times other people's feelings are puzzling to you, and you wish that people were more rational.
Your vision of the world is complex – your values are not set in stone. Instead, you are able to change your beliefs as you learn new information.

Even though it is tiring, making an extra effort to spend time with others even when you feel like being alone can have powerful positive effects on your relationships.
Practice talking about yourself to people you haven't previously trusted. You will forge friendships where you wouldn't have thought possible, and with practice, sharing your thoughts and feelings will get easier and easier.

Local time
Today 11:38 AM
-->
The land where a merlion is the country's official
Oh shit, am I the only free wheeler here? Hahaha considering my leftist inclinations, I'd say it's pretty accurate for me.

You are a Free-Wheeling Experiencer.
personalDNA
about you
You are an Experiencer

You approach problems in an analytical way, not getting caught up in your own emotions. You are an independent thinker, not wedded to the preferences of others.

Have faith that your imagination and practicality will complement each other, and lead to good decisions on your part.

Take the initiative in seeking things out—don't wait for them to come to you.

how you relate to others
You are Free-Wheeling

Your charismatic nature, liveliness, and independence make you FREE-WHEELING.

You don't mind being in the spotlight, preferring social gatherings to quiet nights at home.

You take a practical approach to people, not getting too involved in their feelings—or their business.

At the same time, your acceptance of others leads you to be understanding of their life circumstances, even if you don't quite understand their emotional reactions to some things.

Although you have a wide circle of friends, you're very discerning as to whom you can trust.

You're not rigid in your beliefs about the world, and you don't want to impose your perspective on others, but at the same time, you know that plenty of people don't always act responsibly.

Engaging with others is a large part of how you live in the world, and most importantly, it plays a role in how you see yourself—you tend to learn a lot about yourself in situations where you are with other people.

You have an understanding of the complexities of situations, and you don't judge others too hastily.

Your open-mindedness about the world gives you a great perspective on things, but your lack of trust in others limits how close you can get with them. Try opening up to people a bit more without losing your healthy skepticism.

While being the life of the party will occasionally come naturally to you, be sure to reserve time for yourself—see what you can learn by spending some time observing the world rather than just by diving in.

This is why I say I feel like an extroverted Intp!

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 6:38 AM
-->
You are a Considerate Inventor.
personalDNA
about you
You are an Inventor
#Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.

#You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.

#The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.

#Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.

#Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.

#Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.

#It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.

#Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.

#You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.

#You are balanced in your approach to problem-solving, not letting your emotions hold you up.

#You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

#You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

You are Considerate

#You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.

#You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.

#You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.

#Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.

#Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.

#Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.

#You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.

#Your close friends know you as a good listener.

Loraella

Local time
-->
I had taken this test already earlier. It was interesting and fun, the way how the questions were made - not only questions with a choice but also other creative kinds.
I got Reserved creator.

motrhead

Local time
-->
"Generous idealist". That wasn't an easy or accurate test for me. Trying to make a judgement on some of those questions was virtually impossible. I dislike the room for error. Conservative versus liberal...that's a very subjective choice. I had to leave it in the middle since I couldn't decide what they really meant, or how far I lean either way. I am going to do this again and see how much it differs...

Okay, second time through, after thinking about the liberal/ conservative thing (I'm complicated) and moving it; I did the test again, and I got the same result.

-Confidence 90!!! Where did that come from? I guess it's an age thing. I've finally grown up:)
-Extroversion 4 ...that's more like it.
-Trust in others 4...:o
-Spontaneity 88 ...that's because I am good at adapting, rather than a lack of planning. I am a planner. Weird result.

All this test proved to me is that I am a complicated person.

As an IDEALIST, you are distinctive for your integration of confidence, imagination, willingness to explore, and desire for competence over style.
You have a strong capacity to comprehend the inner workings of things, finding new ideas and innovative insights to feed your curious nature.
You are quite comfortable in the realm of abstract thought. You don't need a practical solution to every one of life's questions.
You are comfortable with the decisions you make in life. You don't need to second-guess yourself, or seek a lot of opinions before you make up your mind.
You enjoy the routines that you have created in your life, and don't feel the need to shake things up just for the sake of change.

That's quite accurate, actually, except for the confidence part. Confident in my knowledge and skills, yes, but emotionally not so much. Still, it's a pretty cool result.

phantome

connecting that which cannot be connected
Local time
-->
..?? am i the only reserved inventor? 0.0

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->
I'm a generous Inventor.

Rain

Lighting the Way
Local time
-->
Reserved Leader

You are a Leader

Your solid grounding in the practicalities of life, along with your self-assuredness and your willingness to appreciate new things make you a LEADER.
You're in touch with what is going on around you and adept at remaining down-to-earth and logical.
Although you're detail-oriented, this doesn't mean that you lose the big picture.
You tend to find beauty in form and efficiency, as opposed to finding it in broad-based, abstract concepts.
Never one to pass on an adventure, you're consistently seeking and finding new things, even in your immediate surroundings.
Because of this eagerness to pursue new experiences, you've learned a lot; your attention to detail means that you gain a great deal from your adventures.
The intellectual curiosity that drives you leads you to seek out causes of and reasons behind things.
Your confidence gives you the potential to take your general awareness and channel it into leadership.
You're not set on one way of doing things, and you often have the skills and persistence to find innovative ways of facing challenges.
You are well-attuned to your talents, and can deal with most problems that you face.
Your independent streak and masculine nature allow you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
You approach problems in an analytical way, not getting caught up in your own emotions. You are an independent thinker, not wedded to the preferences of others.
You much prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute. Your decisions are well thought out, and you're not the least bit impulsive.
Never one to be found in chic boutiques or trendy clothing stores, you take an extremely practical approach to getting dressed.

You are Reserved

Last edited:

Rain

Lighting the Way
Local time
-->
I am the only Reserved Leader?!!! I thought lots of people would get this result here! *alone*

Local time
-->
I like this, only one or 2 very slight inconsistencies but overall very accurate

You are an Inventor

*Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.

*You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.

*The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.

*Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.

*Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.

*Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.

*It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.

*Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.

*You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.

*You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

*You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

You are Generous

*Your awareness of those around you, along with your nuanced perceptions of the world at large, makes you the GENEROUS person that you are.

*You value time to yourself and understand how rich your private world can be—you know that you don't have to go wild to have a good time.

*You are excited and energized by ideas and often enjoy things more through observation than through experience.

*This tendency gives you an appreciation for different perspectives and opinions about the world.

*Being as aware of others as you are doesn't mean you find it easy to trust them immediately—this is something that happens more slowly for you.

*Despite this, you are aware of the complexities of many situations and are reluctant to pass judgments on others.

*Although you have fewer friendships than some people, those that you have are meaningful and are important to you.

*You value spending time alone—it is while reflecting on the world around you that you often learn something new about yourself or begin to understand something that's been bothering you.

http://www.personaldna.com/report.php?k=PZHoOFiKcWJMXac-GE-AAACC-44d4&u=7553e831abfb

Local time
Today 11:38 AM
-->
The land where a merlion is the country's official

Eljua

Local time
-->
I'm a reserved realist. Is there a club I can join?

Realist said:
You are a Realist

Your attention to detail, appreciation of how things function, and awareness of the world around you make you a REALIST.
Routines are reassuring to you—you feel safer and more at ease when sticking with familiar things.
You like to stay close with those around you, seeking comfort from familiar faces.
You are interested in processes—how things work, what they do, and why—not just how things look.
Sometimes you doubt that you can find solutions to problems, although you have a good sense of why things happen, and can use that knowledge to find the best way to do something.
You are down to earth, concerned more with practical, detail-oriented things than with dreamy or ambiguous ideas.
You have a good sense of your abilities and weaknesses, and don't let your ego get in your way.
You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

reserved said:
You are Reserved

personality chart said:
Confidence 0
Openness 38
Extroversion 24
Empathy 6
Trust in others 16
Agency 4
Masculinity 94
Femininity 2
Spontaneity 94
Attention to style 46
Authoritarianism 6
Earthy/Imaginative 54
Aesthetic/Functional 46
report.php

nickgray

Local time
Today 7:38 AM
-->
Generous Experiencer (sounds awesome, isn't it?). Inaccurate, but there are some things I agree with. It's probably Forer effect, though.

You are an Experiencer

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

You are Generous

Confidence 10
Openness 58
Extroversion 4
Empathy 72
Trust in others 2
Agency 44
Masculinity 68
Femininity 6
Spontaneity 20
Attention to style 44
Authoritarianism 18
Earthy/Imaginative 36