• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
Today 4:17 AM
-->
I looked into it once upon a time but didn't go that way. I thought, a juicer actually eliminates perfectly healthy parts of a fruit, like iin the case of blueberries. Unless it's just chopping them into itty bitty bits, in which case, the heat of the blade turning might oxidize the anti-oxidants you're supposed to be getting. Or at least, that's what I read, don't know if it's true / scientific. The main thing is economics. If I can afford a bunch of blueberries I'd just eat them straight.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 8:17 AM
-->
National Sperm Bank closes down after only 8 donors come forward

Britain is facing a shortage of sperm as the publicly-funded National Sperm Bank initiative is set to close down due to a lack of recruits.

The bank was set up in late 2014, after demand for sperm donations saw a significant rise. Private clinics can charge around £950 ($1,153) for each sample. The National Sperm Bank (NSB) facilitated insemination at £300 ($364).

But recruiting donors turned out to be a problem for the public initiative, as only eight men came forward.

“We did get a number of donors, but the difficulty with sperm donation is that many drop out because they realise what’s involved,” said Charles Lister, chair of the National Gamete Donation Trust, which helped run the NSB.

“It is not just about turning up at the clinic once, you might be asked to do that 10 or 15 times. Then you have the various rules about needing to abstain from sex 48 hours before you come in. There’s a commitment.”

He also added that following a law change in 2005, which allows all children resulting from sperm donations to know the identity of their biological father once they turn 18, some donors were “put off.”

Originally set up in Birmingham with a £77,000 grant from the Department of Health, and co-run by the National Gamete Donation Trust and the Birmingham Fertility Centre, the NSB is now abandoning attempts at donor recruitment. Men were paid £35 ($42) for each donation.

The NBS, which it was hoped would be financially self-sufficient within one year of opening, did not hit the mark.

The Birmingham Fertility Centre will soon be releasing the first donations from the NSB to clinics across the country. The centre, which has its own sperm bank, will continue to recruit donors but added: “We fully understand and support the decision made by NGDT.”

A statement from the Department of Health went on to say: “We gave a one-off start-up grant to help set up the National Sperm Bank, and while the number of donations have not been sufficient to support it continuing to seek new donors, this will have no impact on people being able to access safe egg and sperm donation services.”

Read more
© Philippe MerleArtificial eggs grown in science lab create living mice
The British Fertility Society believes a national sperm bank is still direly needed in Britain.

“It doesn’t have to be bricks and mortar, it could be a network,” said the group’s spokesman Prof Allan Pacey. “We need better coordination and [the NBS closure] just highlights how expensive it’s going to be.”

According to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority, every year, 2,000 children are born in Britain from donated sperm, eggs, or embryos. There are currently 25 licensed sperm donation clinics across the country – both private and within the NHS.
https://www.rt.com/uk/364542-sperm-bank-closes-insemination/

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 9:17 AM
-->
I should stop using public transport late at night all the time. The weirdo factor is just too high.

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
Today 3:17 AM
-->
anyone use a juicer?

I have in the past, but I think it is healthier to keep fiber with fruits and vegetables unless you are undergoing a cleanse or detox of some sort. The fiber keeps the sugar content from spiking your blood sugar levels.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Let us just relegate that to the depths of history..

Swiftly moving on -

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Today 2:17 AM
-->
...moving on...

Is the difference between herbivores and vegetarians that herbivores are a species that can't eat meat at all, even if they want to, while vegetarians are a "variation" of an omnivore species in an omnivore environment which can't/don't want to eat meat?

(That was a long question. Any errors in the question?)

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
I have not studied herbivore digestion, but their dentition and multipe stomachs are designed for plant matter. Physiologically an omnivore is quite different. Carnivores are different yet again: no grinding molars, and the digestive tract is short and highly acidic. This allows uncooked contaminants to pass straight through a dog, for instance, and not necessarily harm them. Salmonella is not impossible for a dog to get, but it takes a great deal more than for a human. Our longer intestinal tracts allow us to absorb more nutrients out of more things, i.e. plants, but also make us more susceptible to diseases.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Today 5:17 AM
-->
anyone use a juicer?

Yup.

I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and got kind of intrigued. Started researching a purchase and then was handed a "Jack Lalanne Power Juicer" which had been sitting sittiing in my then neighbor's kitchen cupboard for a couple years. She had bought it via The Shopping Channel (or whatever clone thereof) and used it twice before deciding it was a hassle to clean.

And it kind of is. (point for later)

Bvanevery pointed out some good points, and I mean who even knows because they'll tell you anything to sell you anything, and then someone will tell you anything else to sell you an alternative. Aaaaand maybe I haven't done enough reading - I often don't do enough of that. But I know this: Metal blade assembly, metal strainer assembly, coleslaw-scale shredded veggie bits in the output, very high RPMs + some pressure to force the vegetables into the chute and therefore some friction and heat. Mine is a cutter, not a crusher. "Press"? I suppose we would call the alternative a "press" (it would take as long as it took to type this sentence to google and confirm that but I typed this out instead of googling it... choices!)

So without going into any of the science or philosophy of why or why not to juice fresh produce, or whether it's really any good for us in the first place, here are my thoughts on teh "juice."

Fresh vegetable/fruit juice is hands down THE shit in the Tasty Beverage context.

My juicer (The Jack Lalanne POWER JUICER *thunderclap*) has a counter-top footprint approximating that of a food processor or a slow-cooker when assembled. It's quite loud, so I suppose if one was an early riser and lives with others there could be some early morning aggro around the use of the juicer. Like... it sounds like a planer for planing lumber; like it belongs in a lumber mill or perhaps hearing protection should be used. okay... maybe not dangerously loud but I feel guilty running it at 5am on a summer morning with the kitchen windows open. (I am not an early riser... we're talking bedtime snacks here).

It has a chute on the top, through which you feed chunks of vegetable/fruit and force them down onto a spinning steel disc which has many tiny blades which shred them into little slivers. The disc is sitting inside a steel basket with very fine perforations, which is also spinning witht he blade. The slivers of vegetable/fruit spin around the sides of the basket and any fluids escape through the perforations and make their way out an opening into a separate container. The remaining matter gets ejected through another opening and collects in another container. When you're done, it breaks down into separate pieces for cleaning.

Cleaning this pig after use is a total asshole. It's not realllllly terrible, but it's involved, wants a lot of running water and a brush and you really shouldn't leave it for too long after use before you clean it. A LOT of plant matter is going to jam itself into the perforations in the basket, and there will be stuff wedged up in the blades. My juicer is white, and anywhere the vegetable juice touched and was allowed to dry is now stained forever. (beets are a force to be reckoned with. Or redecorated with.) This is okay becuase it's not there to be pretty, it's there to pulverize plant matter. So after you make your juice, allow yourself 8-10 minutes to disassemble and clean your juicer. I usually do this before I drink my juice.

I keep the stuff I am going to juice in the refrigerator - the juice probably drinks fine warm, but I am thinking that crisp veggies = juicier veggies.

The process of juicing can take five or ten minutes too, depending on how much prep your vegetables/fruits need. You wash them to get any serious crud off 'em. You don't peel them or chop them all that much; if they fit in the chute they're good to go. I like to try and get as much excess water off them before I put them in the juicer too.

The juice is GOOD. They say you should drink it right away, as they claim that the nutrients... something or other over time and basically you could end up with a glass full of veggie sludge you could have bought prepared and bottled from a store. So I don't make a bunch to take with me or anything... I make juice I am going to drink now, and if I want more later I go back and make more later. I guess some people will keep theirs up to a day or whatever. I *will* clean my juicer before I stop and enjoy the juice though.

I have a problem with making too much juice at a time. Like, once I have a selection of stuff picked out to run through the juicer I always end up with about a litre of the stuff (fill two 500ml Pyrex measuring cups). And I will drink it all within 5 - 10 minutes.

Sometimes, after drinking the fresh juice I will feel a bit gross - like a stomach ache for a little bit, or indigesiton. Something to do with how we do or don't stimulate digestion when we something whatever the suchnsuch (sorry I've just been informed by myself that I am typing for too long). Anyway... not a big deal. Small stuff.

The hard truth:

The last time I used my juicer was probably in late summer 2015, and it's still sitting on my counter taking up an unreasonable amount of space because I've really got nowhere else to put it. I did get lazy and stopped coordinating the resupply of juice-able things. It is lonely and bored and I am ashamed. I won't look it in the eye when I am in the kitchen anymore. I wish it would loiter somewhere else, or that I would get something to juice and juice it. (Heeeey there's some spinach in the fridge I need to eat soon...)

I'm not sure if my next juicer would be a similar type with the blades, or if I would get a press.

Shoot there was something else... something important?

I dunno. I like mine. I am glad I have it though I don't use it as often as probably I should (but I received it free of charge so...). It may very well be a great way to get a lot of veggie minerals and nutrients into your diet without eating a bushel of whole vegetables throughout the day.

OH... Fiber. You're not really getting any from the juice. All the useful indigestible fiber gets ejected out into the other container. There's stuff you can do with all that stuff. YOu can bake into muffins etc, for example or use it to do other things which are not coming to mind right now (because that whole typing too long thing and I'm also now hungry and distracted...).

I'd say if you can find a juicer at a decent price which doesn't have ridiculously bad reviews then it's worth trying one out. Because if you've never juiced a cucumber you're totally missing out. ;)

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
Thinking about refilling acetylene bottles. I got five of them, large and small ones.

I did it many years ago to save money. But back then I had studied quite a bit of chemistry and I obviously thought I knew what I was doing.

The problem now is that i'm uncertain. And I can't remember how I did it, not in detail. I think I turned them upside down and transferred the dissolved acetylene in acetone form. Or had the valve on a tiny amount so that the acetylene would have time to redissolve with acetone on the new bottle without building a pressure. But I can't even figure out what pressure there needs to make that happen.

I presume I'll figure it out eventually again if I keep hammering the problem. There is also an unknown, that I wasn't aware off last time, that copper may also set an explosion. Not at all sure what material the valve I use for gas transfer is. No problem last time...

I'm tempted to just buy a bottle, to own, that can be refilled whenever. Slightly higher costs. Do it like everyone else :(

I read some negative pov from a so called expert that it was much better to shoot yourself in the head then to refill acetylene bottles as there would be much more left to bury.

Anyone who can help me out with a safe method? Does it sound likely that transferring the dissolved acetone was how I did it? I seem to remember I did the slow gas method. I did many other gasses at the same time, to refill, inert ones, no danger, except oxygen as is also stress less. The acetylene method is no longer clear. Should have written it down :(

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
Because if you've never juiced a cucumber you're totally missing out. ;)

On the other hand raita (Indian) or tziki (Greek) is very easy to make with minimal equipment. Just a standard "cheese" grater. You grate the cucumbers, throw it into plain yogurt, then add lemon and salt. This could even be a beverage if you make your own yogurt, which isn't all that hard. Homemade yogurt is runny by default, in my experience. Thickening either takes straining or additives I don't bother with.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Today 5:17 AM
-->
On the other hand raita (Indian) or tziki (Greek) is very easy to make with minimal equipment. Just a standard "cheese" grater. You grate the cucumbers, throw it into plain yogurt, then add lemon and salt. This could even be a beverage if you make your own yogurt, which isn't all that hard. Homemade yogurt is runny by default, in my experience. Thickening either takes straining or additives I don't bother with.

A friend started making yogurt recently and I asked about thickness. She said you can strain it to as thick a consistency as you like. I want to try making yogurt one of these days.

Raita and tatziki are the bomb.

Gather_Wanderer

Space Jokes.
Local time
Today 3:17 AM
-->
Once you read/watch something truly amazing, when you get to the point of ecstasy and it truly looks like it can't get any better, stop. Just leave it be and never touch it again. That way the memory of how amazing it is will remain with you for a long time making you happy, making you dream of it and how it could be over and over.

The only thing that will happen after the climax is that the story ends or it gets worse, both of which ruins the memory of it. The memory, the dream, the image of perfection, of potential is worth far more than what comes next in the story.

I don't dream of stories that ended.

Interesting thought. I've tried to do this with music. I'll hear an amazing piece for the first time and try to stay away from it a while but I inevitably end up playing it back even more times and the initial euphoria wears off.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Erm , where'd everybody go?

WmL8alR.jpg

Meh, these will do :p

fp2vZyB.jpg

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
^
1) They went to deal with their lives
2) They went to play/work some other stuff (almost the same as #1)
3) They lurked on the forum
Also...when was this? ...In the middle of the night for most people???
--------------
How delusional/obsessive/paranoid/depressed must one be before one needs to see a therapist?

(:p No assuming. )

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Does anybody else vehemently hate a person who you are supposed to love and just wish they were dead?

Ever had to maintain a relationship where these feelings are prevalent?

Makes me feel like a psychopath. Although I know I'm not one.

I have to stare them in the face and maintain my outer calm, whilst inwardly I'm ripping out their guts, wrapping them around their neck and making sure they look me in the eyes as I squeeze the life force from their body.

Also, Onekiwi - I think it was just a glitch :) But howw super duper cool would it be to be all alone on here... Imagine all the shit posting I could get away with before everybody returned xD

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:17 PM
-->
Does anybody else vehemently hate a person who you are supposed to love and just wish they were dead?

Ever had to maintain a relationship where these feelings are prevalent?

Makes me feel like a psychopath. Although I know I'm not one.

I have to stare them in the face and maintain my outer calm, whilst inwardly I'm ripping out their guts, wrapping them around their neck and making sure they look me in the eyes as I squeeze the life force from their body.

Yes to all of the above.

Separating for a time was the only thing that worked. I obviously had some issues with them I felt unable to bring up in close proximity. The intensity of the violence fantasies was a reflection of how trapped I felt in an unpleasant situation; the extreme aggression was my mind's way of attempting to vanquish the threats it felt to its safety/freedom/happiness. The bigger the perceived threat, the bigger the fury (and guilt) unleashed. And the more I didn't allow myself escape or beat myself up for feeling that way, the worse it got (over time; there were temporary remissions). I just didn't have room to breathe and get to the root of my issues with them if I was constantly having to manage intense anger.

Once I did get that room and uncovered the roots of a few issues, I was able to untangle my concept of self from them which helped a lot. When I saw them again, I was no longer confusing my projections with who they were, and I also didn't have to manage their feelings or agree with any of them because it didn't impact my core self. That meant I also didn't have to play the role of fighting their thoughts and feelings in defense of myself thus causing an even bigger problem, nor did I have to hide my anger and have it poison me inside in order to "keep the peace". The relationships improved. It also helped me see the other person more clearly once my own upset wasn't laid at their door, and accept/understand their imperfections just as mine are accepted. I always knew I did love them (most of the time) and mixed with all the anger and hatred was guilt and grief. Stepping away helped resolve the first two and brought the love back into focus.

tldr: Time apart, worked on myself, understood root issues, took control back with less stupidity than before.

If you're unable to bring the issues up, maybe the entire relationship has to change (meaning your perception of who you are, who they are and who you are together needs to be rewritten) if you want to maintain it without being miserable. I think I've found I can't be in close relationships with some of these people any more, but I can certainly have healthier ones. The rage isn't a good place to be.

I don't know what your situation is or how much of that applies, but hey - another psycho! :D

I wonder how common these violence fantasies are. I don't recall anyone I've shared them with being shocked. Perhaps that's because violence is so prevalent? Almost everyone I know who shares this problem has a background of abuse iirc. Anyway, it's annoying.

Also, I must now insert some lightly-skimmed pop science and shout, "Warrior gene! :eek:"

OK, that's done.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Haha...ahh.. thank you! .. That does make me feel a bit less.. youknow.

You're right, the only cure is to be apart. Unfortunately circumstance require I be present, at least semi regularly . It's mental torture.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Haha...ahh.. thank you! .. That does make me feel a bit less.. youknow.

You're right, the only cure is to be apart. Unfortunately circumstance require I be present, at least semi regularly . It's mental torture.

Yeah, that sucks. Getting out makes sooo much difference. Maybe therapy helps too but I never tried that.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Theoretically it's possible to win an us presidential election with 11 vs millions of votes.(Unless there is some weird rule I know nothing about, there probably is).

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
Every time I try to watch something by legally streaming it off some vendor, I am amazed at how much of a shit product they provide. I can either spend a bunch of time setting up an account, paying, then having some glitchy, laggy, shitty flash stream, or – I can just torrent the thing and have it within seconds as an actual video file.

It easier for me to just torrent it and send them the fucking money in an envelope.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I wonder if I can find my map of Middle Earth.

... ETA: I couldn't find my map of Middle Earth.

And it's not printed in either The Hobbit or TLOTR... what bullshit.

EggCustard

Local time
-->
ADHD is just a phenomenon that happens when a J means a P and wants them to take meds to act like a J.

EggCustard

Local time
-->
I looked into it once upon a time but didn't go that way. I thought, a juicer actually eliminates perfectly healthy parts of a fruit, like iin the case of blueberries. Unless it's just chopping them into itty bitty bits, in which case, the heat of the blade turning might oxidize the anti-oxidants you're supposed to be getting. Or at least, that's what I read, don't know if it's true / scientific. The main thing is economics. If I can afford a bunch of blueberries I'd just eat them straight.

I love eating blueberries plain. I was thinking about juicing a bunch of celery stalks that I have in the fridge.

I have in the past, but I think it is healthier to keep fiber with fruits and vegetables unless you are undergoing a cleanse or detox of some sort. The fiber keeps the sugar content from spiking your blood sugar levels.

Yeah the last thing I want to do is have a blood sugar spike.

Yup.

I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and got kind of intrigued. Started researching a purchase and then was handed a "Jack Lalanne Power Juicer" which had been sitting sittiing in my then neighbor's kitchen cupboard for a couple years. She had bought it via The Shopping Channel (or whatever clone thereof) and used it twice before deciding it was a hassle to clean.

And it kind of is. (point for later)

Bvanevery pointed out some good points, and I mean who even knows because they'll tell you anything to sell you anything, and then someone will tell you anything else to sell you an alternative. Aaaaand maybe I haven't done enough reading - I often don't do enough of that. But I know this: Metal blade assembly, metal strainer assembly, coleslaw-scale shredded veggie bits in the output, very high RPMs + some pressure to force the vegetables into the chute and therefore some friction and heat. Mine is a cutter, not a crusher. "Press"? I suppose we would call the alternative a "press" (it would take as long as it took to type this sentence to google and confirm that but I typed this out instead of googling it... choices!)

So without going into any of the science or philosophy of why or why not to juice fresh produce, or whether it's really any good for us in the first place, here are my thoughts on teh "juice."

Fresh vegetable/fruit juice is hands down THE shit in the Tasty Beverage context.

My juicer (The Jack Lalanne POWER JUICER *thunderclap*) has a counter-top footprint approximating that of a food processor or a slow-cooker when assembled. It's quite loud, so I suppose if one was an early riser and lives with others there could be some early morning aggro around the use of the juicer. Like... it sounds like a planer for planing lumber; like it belongs in a lumber mill or perhaps hearing protection should be used. okay... maybe not dangerously loud but I feel guilty running it at 5am on a summer morning with the kitchen windows open. (I am not an early riser... we're talking bedtime snacks here).

It has a chute on the top, through which you feed chunks of vegetable/fruit and force them down onto a spinning steel disc which has many tiny blades which shred them into little slivers. The disc is sitting inside a steel basket with very fine perforations, which is also spinning witht he blade. The slivers of vegetable/fruit spin around the sides of the basket and any fluids escape through the perforations and make their way out an opening into a separate container. The remaining matter gets ejected through another opening and collects in another container. When you're done, it breaks down into separate pieces for cleaning.

Cleaning this pig after use is a total asshole. It's not realllllly terrible, but it's involved, wants a lot of running water and a brush and you really shouldn't leave it for too long after use before you clean it. A LOT of plant matter is going to jam itself into the perforations in the basket, and there will be stuff wedged up in the blades. My juicer is white, and anywhere the vegetable juice touched and was allowed to dry is now stained forever. (beets are a force to be reckoned with. Or redecorated with.) This is okay becuase it's not there to be pretty, it's there to pulverize plant matter. So after you make your juice, allow yourself 8-10 minutes to disassemble and clean your juicer. I usually do this before I drink my juice.

I keep the stuff I am going to juice in the refrigerator - the juice probably drinks fine warm, but I am thinking that crisp veggies = juicier veggies.

The process of juicing can take five or ten minutes too, depending on how much prep your vegetables/fruits need. You wash them to get any serious crud off 'em. You don't peel them or chop them all that much; if they fit in the chute they're good to go. I like to try and get as much excess water off them before I put them in the juicer too.

The juice is GOOD. They say you should drink it right away, as they claim that the nutrients... something or other over time and basically you could end up with a glass full of veggie sludge you could have bought prepared and bottled from a store. So I don't make a bunch to take with me or anything... I make juice I am going to drink now, and if I want more later I go back and make more later. I guess some people will keep theirs up to a day or whatever. I *will* clean my juicer before I stop and enjoy the juice though.

I have a problem with making too much juice at a time. Like, once I have a selection of stuff picked out to run through the juicer I always end up with about a litre of the stuff (fill two 500ml Pyrex measuring cups). And I will drink it all within 5 - 10 minutes.

Sometimes, after drinking the fresh juice I will feel a bit gross - like a stomach ache for a little bit, or indigesiton. Something to do with how we do or don't stimulate digestion when we something whatever the suchnsuch (sorry I've just been informed by myself that I am typing for too long). Anyway... not a big deal. Small stuff.

The hard truth:

The last time I used my juicer was probably in late summer 2015, and it's still sitting on my counter taking up an unreasonable amount of space because I've really got nowhere else to put it. I did get lazy and stopped coordinating the resupply of juice-able things. It is lonely and bored and I am ashamed. I won't look it in the eye when I am in the kitchen anymore. I wish it would loiter somewhere else, or that I would get something to juice and juice it. (Heeeey there's some spinach in the fridge I need to eat soon...)

I'm not sure if my next juicer would be a similar type with the blades, or if I would get a press.

Shoot there was something else... something important?

I dunno. I like mine. I am glad I have it though I don't use it as often as probably I should (but I received it free of charge so...). It may very well be a great way to get a lot of veggie minerals and nutrients into your diet without eating a bushel of whole vegetables throughout the day.

OH... Fiber. You're not really getting any from the juice. All the useful indigestible fiber gets ejected out into the other container. There's stuff you can do with all that stuff. YOu can bake into muffins etc, for example or use it to do other things which are not coming to mind right now (because that whole typing too long thing and I'm also now hungry and distracted...).

I'd say if you can find a juicer at a decent price which doesn't have ridiculously bad reviews then it's worth trying one out. Because if you've never juiced a cucumber you're totally missing out. ;)

Never tried juiced cucumbers, that sounds amazing.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Meanwhile in England.. We're celebrating treason XD

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Clove of garlic....

Makes sense :p

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
Forgot to take the paper wrapper off a Starburst before chewing it up. Never made that kind of mistake before. Has something to do with being an 'N' concetrating on a post he was writing. Has something to do with it being a Halloween wrapped piece of candy. 1 big outer paper wrapper, containing 2 Starbursts inside. Each of which has its own individual paper wrapper. But I had also been eating a lot of Twix from the same candy bag, and there are no additional internal wrappers for those. So my fingers just followed along with the same unwrapping habits, and... wham. Moments later I realize I'm eating paper.

I contemplated whether it was strictly necessary to remove the paper, now. I could just finish it as is. Well, I wasn't sure how well I'd digest wax paper. Probably pass straight through, but why do it? I picked out 98% of the paper. The remaining 2%, I swallowed along with the candy. I thought that was a sufficient optimization on the problem. I wasn't going to toss that piece of candy mid-bite. I'm not that picky about contaminants. Something falling on the ground isn't a dealbreaker either. Hey my Grandfather lived through The Great Depression. Waste not, want not!

So stupid.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Clove of garlic....

Makes sense :p

I've got no idea what I was referring to here, do you Itch?

.. somebody was telling a story today, something along the lines of : If you "marinate" a knife in garlic before you stab somebody or yourself, it will numb the pain..

?? Is that even remotely true?

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
You can try it... If you don't want to on yourself, gather some lab rats you can use, like mice...
Or you could search up on the chemical formula of garlic and see how it compares with anesthetic drugs (did I use it right?)
---
Do you guys have those times where you can't stop yourself from thinking in rhythm...like thinking lines of poetry?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
T-Rex lol.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
You can try it... If you don't want to on yourself, gather some lab rats you can use, like mice...
Or you could search up on the chemical formula of garlic and see how it compares with anesthetic drugs (did I use it right?)
---
Do you guys have those times where you can't stop yourself from thinking in rhythm...like thinking lines of poetry?

Google seems to confirm garlic has does have pain relief properties..

Google can take all the fun out of curiosities..

Fucking rising inequality and poverty in the UK.. now a large portion of our mainstream TV time is dedicated to shows documenting peoples struggles.

"Can't pay, we'll take it away"
"Britain on benefits"
"Benefit Street"

And more

Fucking depressing.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Hospitals and vacuum cleaners suck

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hating your job IS hard to get past. Especially if sometimes you love it.

Also it's really hard to see a doctor. Why is that? Is it because it's not a habit? I always restock the groceries/household goods on time, even though it's still a pain to have to go do it. But a doctor... I guess I can keep hoping the problem will go away, whereas if you don't have stuff, stuff is definitively absent.

So in this case my health is absent. But telling a doctor that doesn't restock my health, especially if they treat me like it's all in my head. Even if it IS all in my head, it doesn't get rid of the ill-health. I still need help dammit, and seeing you is useless unless you help me fix it.

Shit. Yeah. I still need help even if it's in my head.

Fuck it, going to the doctor.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Performing is in a sense, a type of exhibitionism. Where a singer addresses the audience directly, or somewhere in that general direction, the pianist faces the piano, perpendicular to the audience, never allowed to look at them. The audience simply watches as the performer exposes himself through his music. A bit voyeuristic, perhaps indecent. But this is an explanation for the lack of comfort on stage, not a condemnation of performing. It is the difference between a class watching you and grading you as you deliver a report, instead of you addressing the class with what you've learned and longing to share it with them.

^YES! THAT!

It feels like you're not actually allowed to communicate directly with the people watching and that feels ridiculous, absurd, farcical and indecent. The whole time it's like engaging in a lie and pretending no one knows, like you've intentionally put yourself behind a transparent wall. I don't like the stuffiness of the classical set-up. I want to break that wall. Also the audience's heads.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
I really, really hate it when things disappear from the web/I can't find something. I will end up spending a lot of time looking for it... and if I do find it I usually don't bother even looking at it again I just have this need for it to be there and exist... I really hate things disappearing/being removed.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 1:17 AM
-->
If the world doesn't in in the next couple days I have thursday to look forward to. :)

[bimgx=170]http://i.imgur.com/3oxJkaQ.jpg[/bimgx][bimgx=170]http://i.imgur.com/prGYHri.jpg[/bimgx]

I really, really hate it when things disappear from the web/I can't find something. I will end up spending a lot of time looking for it... and if I do find it I usually don't bother even looking at it again I just have this need for it to be there and exist... I really hate things disappearing/being removed.

Yeah, I'm not comfortable with streaming services for various reasons but the main thing is accessibility. Streaming is convenient but it doesn't make content more accessible; not if companies can revoke access whenever or remove content whenever.

I can't wait for Samsung's 15TB ssd to become affordable. :D

Minute Squirrel

magician
Local time
-->
Well, my black ass voted for trump. Now it's time to troll all my Snapchat and twitter followers. :D

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
My mate nearly set my other mate alight with petrol, but all she can say is "I heard what you said, but I just done the opposite, I dont know why, - I'm not evil!"

Haha, Jesus.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've discovered something useful: When I'm having a blah day with my pieces and am too apathetic to even stay in time, making Trump's face puts me right back in the zone. I guess angry entitlement lends itself to rhythmic vitality. I've been glaring at the piano like a belligerent but amorous fish for a while now. Better than nothing, even if I have to hear chants of, "USA! USA!" in my head. And now I'm parsing the entire piece in politicians' faces. There's a strong, bossy but sad bit which sound-looks like Hillary.

------

Totally separate thought:
While supposedly practising, I was thinking about politicians and how they must see voters' concerns as the silly, petty little concerns children have which don't really matter to the adults. After all when you live in a world of such power and money, how on earth can you relate to the little insects on the ground who are so ignorant of the true size of the world? Then I started wondering if all successful politicians *are actually* much older/more adult than the rest of us - maybe they've got some special life-extension technology and change faces regularly so they're not recognised, and they're all at least several centuries old. You'd surely have a different perspective from the common man at that point, having seen so many seemingly momentous things come and go.

This was a useless thought.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
The salty, salty tears of the SJWs are delectable.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well now, that's disconcerting..

Top Bottom