• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:48 AM
-->
off topic: I just scrolled through a ton of online-dating profiles – as a woman, looking at men. Folks, I gotta say it's looking grim. Statistically, 80% of men manage to reproduce which is fucking incredible when I look at these profiles. About 3/100 looked decent. On the other hand, at least 10/100 looked like killers/rapists, and the rest was just the usual garbage.

Women too: your picture is supposed to show the best possible representation of you, and you show up with what? A bathroom selfie? Come on..

edit: I realize this whole thing might be severely misunderstood. I'm not talking about the looks of the men per se. I'm talking about how they present themselves.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Was she speaking a second language? Or of a different culture?
Nope, everyone in question was speaking their first language and came from the same culture.

I think I just got caught off-guard. You know, as an introvert and all I would have to prepare mentally before having my ego (and hand) fondled by a stranger like that.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
off topic: I just scrolled though a ton of online-dating profiles – as a woman, looking at men. Folks, I gotta say it's looking grim. Statistically, 80% of men manage to reproduce which is fucking incredible when I look at these profiles.

From the neutral perspective: people of either gender can be as weird as they like, it'll probably be indicative of the other's behaviour (or other's desires on a dating site)

Looks-wise, women are indisputably more attractive. But then again I was looking at my school prom pics and thought there wasn't one good looking person in the year.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:48 AM
-->
I just recalled this one incident which is sort of amusing and interesting from a psychological point of view. A while back I ran into an old friend of mine, whom I hadn't seen for a long time. He had his girlfriend with him, whom I had never met before, so we were introduced and shook hands. However, after saying hello and getting ready to pull back my hand, it became apparent that she wasn't letting go. She sort of paused while holding my hand, stared at me and said something like "You are the [insert my name here]? I have heard a lot about you". This made me very freaked out, for some very strange reason. It sounds crazy to me as well and there's no rational explanation for it, but this combination of having my hand held captive and being told that she knew things about me made me extremely uncomfortable. Like, to the point where I had trouble talking properly. I pretty much just stammered my way through the rest of the interaction until we parted ways. To this day I have no clue what caused that reaction.

Yeah, I can totally relate. In therapy, a lot of the time people (one person in particular, but it's been said by multiple people in the group) are always saying how "Intelligent" I come across. It honestly bothers me a lot because I absolutely hate attention drawn on me in pretty much any form (especially irl). It feels very much the same as you because I sorta feel obligated to say thanks for the kind words or whatever, but I really just don't much care and it makes me feel very awkward. Honestly, I come across a lot smarter than I really am because I am just well-spoken IRL and actually think about what I am saying which is actually becoming an oddity, I believe.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
off topic: I just scrolled though a ton of online-dating profiles – as a woman, looking at men. Folks, I gotta say it's looking grim. Statistically, 80% of men manage to reproduce which is fucking incredible when I look at these profiles.
Looks-wise, women are indisputably more attractive.
Yes, but you'd be surprised how well they manage to undermine this fact by means of their horrible photographic skills.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
People compliment me on my looks, my name and my "intelligence" (always the word intelligent, as if they're trying to appear "intelligent" themselves) and I tell them that I didn't have a say in any of those

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Was she speaking a second language? Or of a different culture?
Nope, everyone in question was speaking their first language and came from the same culture.

I think I just got caught off-guard. You know, as an introvert and all I would have to prepare mentally before having my ego (and hand) fondled by a stranger like that.

I don't know why I had such a brain fart on that one. "You're the..." meaning that someone you don't even know has been told all about you, bit of an invasion of privacy. Probably in a light-hearted way as well, focusing on your oddities, which reduces you into a comical character. At least, that's what I'd feel in such a situation.

I was just imagining some foreign person without much command of English throwing in the word "the" incorrectly and holding your hand for too long, as in many cultures strangers are pretty intimate with each other.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:48 AM
-->
So mah bf and I have been looking at new places to rent as our landlord's kiddy was unexpectedly moving back home to work and live.

Talking to various landlords, I've noticed an interesting trend (maybe it's obvious to others), when asking and talking about themes commonly associated with women or men, the potential landlord looks at the associated gender while talking. So, if s/he talks about internet, they will look at my bf, but if talking about furniture and so, they look more at me, even if my bf asked the question.

To clarify, it's not something that bothers me, I just find it kinda interesting, and there was a time I observed myself doing the same. (I probably still do at times when I'm absent minded)

Also, pretty stressed out about this moving thing. Finding a new place is pretty difficult when you have pets and me being on welfare (which is pretty much being bottom tier in society according to many. Tfw you can actually tell their attitudes shifts when it's mentioned. On a side note, the mentalities around people who end up outsiders in a similar regard is interesting, how it impacts how you view yourself and how you're treated and what effect that has on society and individuals etc).

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I was buying a bed at IKEA once, with one of my buddies tagging along. Since I was looking at pretty big beds, the guy who worked there assumed that we were gay and that we were gonna sleep in this bed together.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
I hate the way people judge those on welfare, and that ill people are ashamed of themselves for what's out of their control because of course mindless labour is the greatest virtue. When someone develops a chronic illness, they are immediately seen as a burden and a waste of space and of the taxpayer's money. Although by law, they're at least allowed to live (not for long here though, because of the tories), I get the feeling that many would prefer they weren't. There are a lot of tv programmes along the lines of "benefits britain" or whatever that show fat chavy families with 10 kids. And people buy it of course. that's what they're all like! It's inconceivable that someone wouldn't be able to work other than for the reason that they are too fat, greedy and lazy! Too busy accepting our handouts!
They also believe that syrians are coming over and stealing our money and raping our women. And then there'll be a news article by a Syrian lady about how she's studying medicine, because people are so fucking stupid that they only understand personal narratives. oh look, she goes to uni too, despite being a muslim! maybe they're not all just here to shit out a load of kids that'll overrun our country with their fucking curries and balaclavas and shit!
Now thinking about it, I'm amazed there aren't more dictatorships and slave labour camps. I reckon it's shockingly easy to convince the general public of anything they'd previously have thought barbaric and dreadful.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm so sick of this heat

Please.. help me. Get me the fuck out of this place

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:48 AM
-->
Now thinking about it, I'm amazed there aren't more dictatorships and slave labour camps. I reckon it's shockingly easy to convince the general public of anything they'd previously have thought barbaric and dreadful.

That I agree on to some degree. I wont make a conclusion on what the result could be, but I do think it's possible to allow for a lot of shitty behavior if you gradually introduced the idea some group of people (a minority) was inferior, harmful or so, in some way. Some places these things are still happening. I mean, if we and those around us grew up in those types of extreme environments, would we really not conform to that? Would we not place our own survival and comfort first and allow it to happen, or be directly part in it? I guess to some degree we already are complacent to injustice around us. Well, it's a topic that doesn't have simple solutions. Even if you want to contribute to positive change, it's usually not that simple. Guess we could try to do good in some smaller areas, though.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Eating dehydrated whole green beans, I'm pretty sure I know what it's like to be a cow eating hay; long, stringy, chewy, fibrous, and a bit of sweetness. Weirdly addictive for some reason.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->
>cousin is 6'5 330lb backwoods lookin mf
>lives in countryside, decent distance from nearest neighbors
>gets out of shower at 3am, starts eating cherry popsicle that makes his lips red like lip sick
>lounges around house butt-ass nekked cuz he lives alone, sits on couch to watch Netflix
>hears a car pull up to his trailer at this hour of the night
>wtf.jpg
>peeks out the window to see 4 clowns get out of the car and head towards his shed on the side
>without time to put clothes on, he grabs his AK47 and gets into his cowboy boots
>goes out back door so they won't notice him
>he's expecting them to be burglars since there have been recent breaks ins in the area
>sneaks up so he's right around the corner of the house from them, they are illuminated by the shed light
>before he jumps out to confront them he thinks of something to say to scare them like "wanna die?" or "what the fuck?"
>he jumps out into the light and gets those two phrases mixed and yells "wanna fuck?!" instead
>all the clowns see is a giant, naked hillbilly who looks like he's wearing lipstick, brandishing an AK47, who just asked them if they wanna fuck
>he said he never saw a group of people turn tail and gtfo that fast before

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:48 AM
-->
Your posts/stories are always so predictable. Surely you must sound crazy to someone.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->
More than one someone. You must know by now that 95% of what I say is random nonsense or just plain stupidity.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 7:48 PM
-->
Probably. I mean maybe you could say you have gruntled which would be a slightly more correct use of the verb, but then again as language evolves and changes over time perhaps being gruntled is also an acceptable use?

Meanings of words change so gruntled in present day if it's even still used by anyone probably will mean the opposite of disgruntled. But upon looking at it's etymology, grunt is middle English to describe the sound a pig makes. Gruntle is similar to sparkle or crackle, as in the action is repetitive, so gruntled should just mean grunting repetitively in the past tense.

dis is not always used as a prefix to mean the opposite, but instead can be used as an intensifier, like in disgruntled. So in this case because dis is an intensifier then gruntled should mean something along the lines of mild annoyance but still somewhat irritated instead of meaning the complete opposite as in happy or contented - which it has been incorrectly used for. So it's meaning probably managed to change based on a misconception and over time has become an acceptable way to use the word. Don't be discombobulated by this and just accept that it's just another inane aspect of the English language.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Just start grunting and see what happens.

whoa, If I start grunting I could become a grunter. Once a grunter one might gruntle, someone might be gruntled by this, disgruntling someone else. When a disgruntled person gruntles their friends become gruntled and grunt(le).

em.intp

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Imagine a large field in the hills. And scattered around on this field are little groups of people.
And these people are all enjoying their day off. They're sitting, or lying on the field.
They're enjoying each other. And they're enjoying the sun, 'cos it's a beautiful day.
And each and every group of people are enjoying the day in a different way.
There are people who have brought their chairs to sit on. A table as well.
There are families having a picnic. Including the ants... :)
There are even people who have brought their own caravan. Air conditioned.
And there's this guy over there. He's lying on a blanket. And sipping a beer.
In his right hand a joint. And The Doors are playing on the radio.
If I would be standing there, on the edge of that field. Having to decide who to go sit with.
I don't think I would need to decide.
I would go lie next to that guy over there. On the blanket, sipping a beer.
Passing a joint to my neighbor. And The Doors are playing on the radio.
Come on, baby. Light my fire!

Tell me. Is this happiness?

Yes, because happiness is living in the present moment. And I think there's a certain kind of contentedness that comes when you view the world as a whole and realize everything, for the moment, is alright.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Spoiler: Nothing new. Don't read it. Pointless.

Trying to convince someone there is no god is basically trying to make them feel as shit as you.
Do the sciences serve us or we them? Indeed medicine prolongs lives and eases pain. Lives that are used to make discoveries and keep the figurative world progressing, simultaneously destroying the literal world.
What is it that drives people? Wanting to be remembered/liked? Or is it because of the fear and shame of being a failure/waste of potential? Productivity is so ingrained as a virtue that many define themselves by it.
Why aspire to anything? Life being meaningless doesn't mean ascribe your own meaning to it. It's meaningless. License to chill.
Survival's easy as long as this remains an unpopular opinion :D
Modern life just doesn't fit us. Everything is a flawed replacement of the natural way. Still, I guess we can drug ourselves. That's an improvement.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
The sound doesn't work on my laptop so going on visuals, they appear to have ruined a classic. Why are you drawn to this cartoon so? I believe it's aimed at children.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

Trying to convince someone there is no god is basically trying to make them feel as shit as you.
Do the sciences serve us or we them? Indeed medicine prolongs lives and eases pain. Lives that are used to make discoveries and keep the figurative world progressing, simultaneously destroying the literal world.
What is it that drives people? Wanting to be remembered/liked? Or is it because of the fear and shame of being a failure/waste of potential? Productivity is so ingrained as a virtue that many define themselves by it.
Why aspire to anything? Life being meaningless doesn't mean ascribe your own meaning to it. It's meaningless. License to chill.
Survival's easy as long as this remains an unpopular opinion :D
Modern life just doesn't fit us. Everything is a flawed replacement of the natural way. Still, I guess we can drug ourselves. That's an improvement.
Define God, you cunt.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing us (or you) that you were him.

self potato

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Necessity always has condition. Conditions are always created within a person or a group of people, because there are always wants. Even desiring not to want has a set of needs.

It seems to me that the simple idea of need creates purpose. Not the kind purpose a hammer has for a nail, made for one thing, but maybe more like rubber band or glue or something. Something that is better off holding things together than sitting useless in a drawer.

The honorable person is willing to meet the needs of people around them, and finds the best way to meet their own needs so that they can be a benefit to other people.

it's easy to say, " I have me to worry about, and they should do the same", but the ones in the highest need can not help themselves enough. The person who has less need should help. When things go wrong for us, we hope someone will think this way toward us.

Whether life has been given a specific meaning is one argument, but as to the meanings we should assign to life regardless, to me, there isn't much debate.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Define God, you cunt.
Whatever shit one cares to come up with. Notions of meaning and tales of afterlife are certainly pleasant. People cling to that. Trying to put them right is trying to shoot them down. Trying because it's a near certainty the efforts will be in vain.

If people are strung together on myths and then depart the myths, they won't all be able to cope. That's my take on the mental illness epidemic.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
I've been called "Cunt" or "You Cunt" a few times now on this forum. I think that makes it a nickname.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Pizzabeak said:
Define God, you cunt.
Calm your tits, Pizza. There's a subforum for that. I only brought up chaos magick as sort of an inside joke/observation between Artsu and I. I fully intended to continue posting pretty pathetic P products.
The sound doesn't work on my laptop so going on visuals, they appear to have ruined a classic. Why are you drawn to this cartoon so? I believe it's aimed at children.
Aimed at children? :insane:I demand thee watch it with sound!

(But really though, you can't rebut it if you don't know what I'm saying, which includes both sound and the abundant metaphors depicted. It's literally an excerpt from the classic film from 1951.)

Phallic potato porn:
The-potato-looks-phallic-698397.jpg
The honorable person is willing to meet the needs of people around them, and finds the best way to meet their own needs so that they can be a benefit to other people.

it's easy to say, " I have me to worry about, and they should do the same", but the ones in the highest need can not help themselves enough. The person who has less need should help. When things go wrong for us, we hope someone will think this way toward us.

Whether life has been given a specific meaning is one argument, but as to the meanings we should assign to life regardless, to me, there isn't much debate.
Precisely. Potato! Potato! Potato!
:kinggrin:

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Aimed at children? :insane:I demand thee watch it with sound!

(But really though, you can't rebut it if you don't know what I'm saying, which includes both sound and the abundant metaphors depicted. It's literally an excerpt from the classic film from 1951.)
I was merely ruffling thy little cotton tail.

I shan't watch it with sound for my ears are currently dancing to a different tune but I'll take your word for it.

Impressive potato.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
I was merely ruffling thy little cotton tail.

I shan't watch it with sound for my ears are currently dancing to a different tune but I'll take your word for it.

Impressive potato.
Problem, punk?
(How can you take my word for it if you have yet to hear my words? Whenever your Gorgoroth or whatever song ends works too I guess. :D)

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
How can you take my word for it if you have yet to hear my words? Whenever your Gorgoroth or whatever song ends works too I guess. :D
Ha! All you have succeeded in doing is introducing me to Gorgoroth, to whom I shall listen until I can hear no more.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Define God, you cunt.
Whatever shit one cares to come up with. Notions of meaning and tales of afterlife are certainly pleasant. People cling to that. Trying to put them right is trying to shoot them down. Trying because it's a near certainty the efforts will be in vain.

If people are strung together on myths and then depart the myths, they won't all be able to cope. That's my take on the mental illness epidemic.
Define God, you cunt.

It's about love. We are basically God, or designed in his image. The source for myths is clear. Everything can be real. You aren't pushing your brain circuits hard enough to come up with these concepts. Sin, energy, consciousness, and vibrations - both positive and negative - are real.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People have egos and will generally be offended that someone is, could be, or is trying to be smarter than them. It's harder to convince someone they've been fooled than it is to actually fool them. It's not about original thoughts, there's nothing new under the sun. It has all been figured out since at least ancient Greece, or at least 10,000 BC.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Hope @Gyppo isn't colorblind. :D"Asante sana squash banana wewe ndugu mimi hapana-sante sana squash banana...."

What is it that drives people? Wanting to be remembered/liked? Or is it because of the fear and shame of being a failure/waste of potential?
Productivity is so ingrained as a virtue that many define themselves by it.
Survival's easy as long as this remains an unpopular opinion
:D
Problems and solutions:
Depression
False dichotomies
Does not understand purpose as a concept, or purpose in others
Incorrect conclusion based on false understanding
Ditto, just based on the above
Truth
It's meaningless. License to chill.
That's license to anything, reason to nothing.
Nothingness is chillingness.
Yes, the notion is quite chilling indeed.
I believe I've been outfoxed. Jolly good show, Artie. Remind me never to breathe again.
It's almost as if Gyppo is ready for Chaos Magick.
I'm not going to dignify that with finding out what Chaos Magick is.
Please, peon.
Gyppo said:
Parable presented: Persnickety person proposes... perhaps pragmatic probing phenomenal perceptive possibilities produces prospective potential.
Who are you?
"I hardly know sir. I've changed so many times since this morning you see."
I do not see. Explain yourself.
"I'm afraid I can't explain myself, because I'm not myself, you know."
I do not know.
"I can't put it any more clearly for it isn't clear to me."
You? Who are you?
"Don't you think you ought to tell me who you are first?"
Why?
"Everything is so confusing."
It is not.
"Well it is to me."
Why?
"Well I can't remember things as I used to."
Recite:
"Oh. Yes sir. How doth the little bumblebee improve each..."
Stop. That is not spoken correctically. It goes: How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail. And pour the waters of the Nile, on every golden scale. How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws. And welcomes little fishes in, with gently smiling jaws.
"Well, I must say, I've never heard it that way before."
I know. I have improved it.
"Well, if you ask me..."
You? Who are you?
----------------------
Keep your temper.
"Is that all?"

*metamorphosis ensues*

One side will make you grow taller, and the other will make you grow shorter.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I wonder what in the fuck I am doing. It's almost 7AM and I still haven't gone to bed, and I have work tomorrow (or today, rather).

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
Today 3:48 AM
-->
So another person whom I hold in some esteem probably thinks I'm crazy...damn it, this is why I don't talk!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
how to escape

Top Bottom