• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 3:42 AM
-->
I sometimes imagine going back in time and becoming the child I was while keeping the memories of this life. I imagine what I would do differently this time around.
I would gladly go back and restart, even if it meant doing everything again.
There were a few times I was in positions to help people, and didnt even know. I think being able to start over, I could have skipped the trauma and damage, mentally.
It is odd to think of how many problems I could have solved or avoided, if I had only known how.
I guess that is a cool way to look at the present, so much more capable.

At the same time, I probably wouldnt, there are too many things that have happened, that hold too much value. I think I would stay here, it feels wrong to escape the suffering that made me grow as a person, its scary actually.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:42 AM
-->
I've always thought of DNA as pretty big and complex structure, almost like a little organism, like a bacterium. But it is not – in fact it's essentially just atoms lined up on a string. That is extremely small. And a virus is even crazier because one thinks of it as some sort of organism, whereas it's essentially just a DNA string – a piece of atomic code with no other purpose than to copy itself.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
RIght peeps clearly all of you here must use more than one forum. All I got is this one.
Facebook is like a literal minefield to post anything that isn't redundant, it's such an investment. So, let me know all the other forums you go on.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I think the people who are social enough to need two forums left long ago.
<.<
12d.jpg

Rebis

Local time
-->
I just realised I literally didn't say a word today (besides talking to myself). not a single word. I didn't see a single person today and now it's 2:00am. I live in a house with 11 people so it's quite surprising.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Anyone else imagine something like this in the back of their mind watching them? U get it mainly at night, often when I'm sleeping. The thought slips into my head and doesn't shake, so I end up imagining that I'm calm around the creature so he can't prey on me. Msybe that's a contributing reason why I'm less fear prone; imagining monsters.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
God refuses to talk to me, and it also refuses to smite me. Can one of our religious members ask god what I did to deserve the silent treatment?

Rebis

Local time
-->
God refuses to talk to me, and it also refuses to smite me. Can one of our religious members ask god what I did to deserve the silent treatment?

Thoust Holiest has said:

"Shut the fuck up dumbass"

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
The_number_of_the_beast_is_666_Philadelphia,_Rosenbach_Museum_and_Library.jpg

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Anyone else imagine something like this in the back of their mind watching them? U get it mainly at night, often when I'm sleeping. The thought slips into my head and doesn't shake, so I end up imagining that I'm calm around the creature so he can't prey on me. Msybe that's a contributing reason why I'm less fear prone; imagining monsters.

The thought I got was that if the guy just turned around and made love to her, she would become his friend

Rebis

Local time
-->
The thought I got was that if the guy just turned around and made love to her, she would become his friend

The one who instigates fear (the monster) is only using intimidatory tactics so their vulnerability cannot be found. A simple defense-mechanism.

Rebis

Local time
-->
INTJs seem relatively more emotional than INTPs. At the very least, principled in their moral code.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I get mystical about life often, some truly rare things happen to me. It's like when I want something the world changes itself to fit my narrative. I get this feeling pretty regularly:I'll want to talk to someone, and low and behold, in a class of 500 I get matched in a group with them and 1 other. I want to explore the world I get distant-relatives in california offering me residence over the summer. I wake up in a good mood and want a job my interest impressed a CTO. Scoring close to where I wanted to in a test. I missed an exam and it was all rectified and I get to try my first attempt in summer. I've been in my house for the whole of last week, I done some shopping and bumped into many people I've been meaning to talk to, ones that aren't even supposed to be in the country. I'm short on money my granny randomly put money into my account, I needed some modafinil and here's my friend, coincidentally giving me some. I deeply want to see a girl and it just happens.

I'm not misguided by thinking everything in the world serves me but even perceptibly unconscious actions seems to generate a lot of fruits I can pick. I don't know, for my contribution to all things social and familial, I seem to get what I want most of the time, even if I didn't work for it. Some of these encounters I can't help but feel mystified. How do most of things happen?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->

what could possibly go wrong?!
I had some other source saying transcranial magnetic induction can turn off empathy, and my link states it can modulate it...
this product probably isnt strong enough for any of that.
Other than that, blasting your brain with random magnetic pulse frequencies...
Also, they dont even seem to be frequencies our brains create by themselves.
The only thing that bothers me is what stronger products that could follow, actually capable of long term designed changes in brain activity.
I think its really cool, lets see what the long term effects are.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Scotland just passed a bill enforcing free sanitary products for all women. I would suggest an extension to this bill, which says that if a man hasn’t paid all his taxes and thus evaded contribution to said free products, then he should put into a pillory, with a lineup of 5 women spitting in his face.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 9:42 AM
-->
WoW, Serac.
i wonder could this incentivise producers to develop better products if more countries make similar laws? Most products are no good - stuck in like XIX (and sadly no matter the price tag). and if something is free and gov's sponsored...noone wants it anymore (if they have $). So I'll be finally happy? about sanitary products?

Orr... maybe monopolist would promote bills like that to secure its position as main delivery for govs. :slash: so it will hinder innovation. Countries could join P&G social - marketing campaigns. Sooo they'll shark most of the market and women who value comfort would have to pay for upper shelf even more? hmmm...

Or more likely it will stay how it is. It's considered marginal issue in a world full of problems. And Scotland will be just outlier?

Sorry I can't really be compationate with men pain in tax-ass here. I think it has to do with fact that men are not bleeding ~1 week every month for +-3 decades.

Interesting that it pissed you so much tho. Like with all nonsensical things taxes are spent on - this? Huh.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
stuff like this is a godsend to big corps because they love getting intimate with the state. The state is inefficient, dumb, and thus can pay a high price for a low-quality product. So I would not count on getting any better products.

before this they already had a similar program but for poor and young women, which is good. I just find irony in this new one because supposedly we live in a time when women no longer need financial support from men, yet apparently it's necessary as long as it can be done by the brute force of the state machinery. Ladies, please... you have to make up your mind Lol. I'll gladly pay for your tampon, but at least make me feel like I do so by my own will

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 9:42 AM
-->
so masculine! handing a free will tampon.... except
they are 1930 invention.
:rolleyes: I will pass, sorry.

so you are ok with paying taxes for school girls/uni students up to which age?

Do you know that UK have period products tax? So women are taxed because they are bleeding.
So women already are paying their dues? Could this fact possibly ease a bit your scorn?
Do you have similar tax in your country?

Rebis

Local time
-->
stuff like this is a godsend to big corps because they love getting intimate with the state. The state is inefficient, dumb, and thus can pay a high price for a low-quality product. So I would not count on getting any better products.

before this they already had a similar program but for poor and young women, which is good. I just find irony in this new one because supposedly we live in a time when women no longer need financial support from men, yet apparently it's necessary as long as it can be done by the brute force of the state machinery. Ladies, please... you have to make up your mind Lol. I'll gladly pay for your tampon, but at least make me feel like I do so by my own will

Seems like a pretty bad pay off since tampons aren't a complex consumable, the government could easily mass produce tampons which would destroy their whole marketing segment. Besides, if every female starts getting free sanitary care then they won't be buying it from stores at a premium price. They'll have a contract with one sanitary company and if that company performed poorly, low and behold the government ditches them in favour of another company. UK has a population of 70 Million Est, so that's a big loss for the company.

Out of all the sweet little contracts corporations get with governments I don't see tampons racking in the money. Tampons aren't going to become the US equivalent of the military industrial complex with the DoD, lockheed and boeing.

moody

Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->

Something like this follows my in my dreams all the time! But more bug-like. I love that image; it looks llike a humanoid Angler fish

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
The type of person god fears:
unnamed.jpg

Rebis

Local time
-->
One of my favourite scenes (6m-8m), Turn on english subtitles:

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
The best game of all time:

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
what explains the explosion in reaction channels? I would guess 50% of all youtube videos have become reaction channels.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
what explains the explosion in reaction channels? I would guess 50% of all youtube videos have become reaction channels.
Endless possibilities and 0 production time (mostly.) Really it's for filthy fucking casuals who either don't wanna watch something alone or have already watched it and want "friends" to form their opinions around. I personally like Corridor Digital's lineup of reaction videos, l find it interesting and it's related to my industry so it's like I'm working lol.

edit: it's acutally getting more views and money than their main channel, and the trend started around the same time they started react videos

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
stop whatever you are doing and subscribe to the one true god:

Rebis

Local time
-->
Feeling suicidal and depressed today, I really can't tolerate this existence anymore.
I am just sick and tired of doing worthless tasks. I can't fucking stand it. I just want to work in industry, I wouldn't even care about the pay I just need to do something of value. As long as I could feel myself and travel there and back I would work there for months no problem. I'm seriously lost without it. I can't do a simple part-time job anymore because I'm not growing and to me they don't provide any value.

Education seems pointless, slow and worst of all: Theoretical. Grade boundaries are a joke with one question with a short answer being worth 5 marks, so you either get 5 marks or you don't. Where is the logic in that? Get 2 of those questions and that's a grade boundary of a 4.0 or 3.0 GPA. Ultimately it's going to mean jack-shit when I get into industry because industry requires you to be fast on your feet and constantly learn. I'm not constantly learning anything from education and some of the marking scheme is just straight-up retarded: For example, meeting the likes of the Single Responsibility principle to that of a model answer, instead of refining it even further. In-fact, refining it further causes a loss in marks.I don't think education and industry works in harmony over here, education is just a money-maker.

I'm nowhere where I want to be, not even near a fucking baseline. There is just nothing to look towards in this country. My course is 5 years long and it'll account for a lot less within my first 6 months on the job. I can't plan to do the work myself because there's just so many avenues to learn: Should I learn C++, Java, PHP, J#, what software tools are we using, development models, Data analytics, ML, Databases, Cybersecurity, DevOps etc. I need thrown in the deep end and I can't wait another year to get there.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
@Rebis I'm coming to relatable conclusions and came here to rant about them.

It's all so fucking idiotic. I am someone who is deeply driven to have some sort of understanding of the world, even if it is vague/superficial, it is at least something. However, it's becoming clear to me that teaching is not what education is designed to do. If it were, we would've taught each other how to teach, taught each other how to learn, and we would be damn good at it by now. But no, you need to go to school, in an organized fashion when you are called upon, so institutions can easily manage you, on a pre-chartered course that makes it easier for your professors to manage you, all completely devoid from any consideration of the individual. Why would "they" cater to you, you need them more than they need you, or is that just a codified illusion? What value is being gained from this that is not already in the world? Nothing. I am someone who can only transiently learn things I am not interested in, and the more and more I think about it I am assigning more blame to society rather than myself as I always have. Think about all the jobs that would be lost if people weren't fucking idiots? These institutions even if it is not intentional, are not to uphold and strengthen humanity, they are to maintain authority. As someone who has to put in twice as much effort into learning all the menial shit you do to obtain a fucking piece of paper, I am so fed up with it. 4 years at a community college, 1 year at uni, and a bachelors worth of credits, and I don't feel any smarter. The only real thing I learned is what exactly "educated" means. I have determined I do not need these institutions to be so. I'll take my AA and wipe my ass with it.

The schools and people that are apart of "the system" are not there to make you a more valuable person, the only thing that will do that is you. Take advantage of the resources at your disposal through the school or whatever your circumstance is. Create things that you can show others, that will make your value obvious, if you made it to satisfy someone else's needs, more power to you.

Rebis

Local time
-->
The only authority governments can exhibit is in terms of accreditation: That's the main reason I see people attending universities. There's endless material online for someone who's smart, but the likes of accreditation and financial support for independent studies is not available. There's many people doing PHDs and masters on top of their work so it's obviously achievable. However, me personally I cannot work in low-end jobs any longer on top of doing a university degree, I'm too worn down by doing the shittest jobs possible. If I had a boring office job doing clerical work that would really facilitate doing an advanced part-time course in my own time. I can't live with parents either, that's simply a no-go for me.

My friend is in an ideal circumstance: get's paid around £1400 for 30 hours a week, he lives with friends and the rent is about £280 and he's doing PPE through open university. To me that's pretty ideal.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
Hope for a better future is a powerful thing, but yeah, we live in the present, and a grueling job is a death sentence. Generating a different revenue stream is no walk in the park, but that seems like that is your best option. If your resume can bear it (you design it however you want) I would jump ship to a more tolerable job, even if it pays less/less hours, and figure shit out there. If you decide to work for yourself and start to earn a certain income, you will find you can work for someone even less. Even if you are banking on contracts that you have to advertise to get, I'm sure you would find it way better. I myself am going to walk down this path though I am in a good living situation so I'm pretty chill.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Local economy is pretty dire I should mention: looking through 15 pages of jobs 2 are of interest: a part-time job with proofpoint for an internship that only requires experience with Java, PHP, Python or JavaScript, and then another for army reserves committing 27 days a year and you get paid £79 for each day, which seems pretty good.

The rest is part-time retail, fast food, coffee shops; all jobs relating to customer service. As most part-time/ gig jobs are.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Rebis lol it sounds like you decided to see the negatives in everything. You're not wrong, but you can't expect to get your dream job as entry-level. Finding jobs as a student is rough as hell, it's something we all went through.

moody

Local time
-->
@Rebis
Your words echo several friends of mine, so you definately aren’t an anormality in your experiances. It’s good to keep in mind that what you do today doesn’t determine what you do forever. Break the shackels of predestination!

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Serac An expression of frustration revolves mentioning the dominant, negative frustrations. Congratulations, you have defined what complaints are about.

You shouldn't have bothered slapping such a shit response at me.

moody

Local time
-->
Does anyone ever share looks with themselves in the mirror?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Rebis you sound like a whining little baby to me lol

“Boo hoo I want instant gratification and I want the world to provide me with stuff without me doing anything”

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Serac I don't think you're hearing well, you must be getting old.

You sound like an old man that has what he wants and dismisses others pursuit. It must be easy talking about things in retrospect.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
interesting – feminism has the exact same seasonal patterns as depression

google_trend_feminism_depression.png

I swear to god this is not some sort of innuendo, it's literally interesting

Rebis

Local time
-->
I suppose the correlations could be:
-Popularity in feminism causes depression due to a lack of intimacy from risk-adverse romance.
-Depression causes individuals to emphasise entitlement, prompting a movement towards feminism under the collective of Social Justice for the minorities.

What context are the terms evaluated? Search results, political/social discussion, a specific country (perhaps Scandinavian countries)

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I googled diy pants, for ideas...second ad is
Death by lethal injection. Free shipping taxidermy rat horror
first off, wtf.
second, why is this being recommended to me?
0_O

Skjermbilde 2020-03-05 kl. 8.22.38 am.png

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Rebis I was thinking maybe depression causes people to become more focused on oneself and one’s issues in life, and subsequently some start looking for potential culprits in society as a whole

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Rebis I was thinking maybe depression causes people to become more focused on oneself and one’s issues in life, and subsequently some start looking for potential culprits in society as a whole

Same strain of logic but yours was put better: People seek a perpetrator for the injustices they face, this is achieved by ideological movements (like feminism) capitalising on social problems and proposing a resolution.

Ya feeling like a loser ? Let me prescribe you the ideology of equality of outcome.

Rebis

Local time
-->
When I hear the term "I wish my brain shut off" the contextual use of that phrase reminds me of a teen who thought about a general proposition like "what is life" for half an hour and thought they were accessing the higher dimensions of reality.

However, I really wish I could shut off my brain right now. Too many thoughts are flowing through my mind followed by pervasive feelings of dread. I'm going to the doctors on monday which is a rare thing for me. I thought about drinking to drown the thoughts but then I just feel negative the days proceeding it. I'm also feeling like my heart is being put under enormous pressure which is worrying.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I think simulating people's lifestyles is as complex as quantum theories. It's just a task that isn't to be undertaken by the conscious mind. The worst thing about experience dread is you can never see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's inconceivable in a state of anticipation.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Has anyone done day drinking? I'm just thinking of drinking a few vodka's sitting in my room to stop thinking. Watch a movie, try to relax. It's currently 3pm.

Top Bottom