• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The reality bubble.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->
[FONT=&quot]He is one of my newest concepts I have been working on for a few weeks now.

I have been trying to put into words how I view individualize reality. Basically because this one view explains how I see and understand other people in also myself as I fit into the whole of the human race.

Please forgive and logical leaps as this is a new concept for me and this is the first time I have tried to put it down into writing. I am interested in anyone input. Therefore is you see a problem with my logical leaping please feel free to state your opinions. (I am sure you would even if I didn't strictly give my blessing on it).

Person a lives in a reality bubble this bubble consist of two shells. Both shells have a filtration system.

The outer most shell size is based off of person A intelligence/potential. Basically speaking as someone is learning/experiencing the world they can learn/experience thing quickly or slowly based on how fast there brain can absorb the experience this is what I am defining intelligence as. This shell of this filter information out by logic, emotion, senses (i.e. the 5 senses), and learning style. By learning style I am implying that everyone absorbs information quicker when presented in different manners. This is kind of related to person A's short term memory. The outer shell seems to have a strong genetic link to someone’s personality. Basically, it is how we can figure out what would happen if we put person A is put into situation B. With an understanding of personality traits, psychology, intelligence, learning styles and probabilities you could make an educated guess about how person A would react at any all points in his life. However, this would only work in a isolated event and since life doesn't actually happen as one isolated event this why we need a second shell to explain the variance caused by multiple experiences.

The inner shell is a steadily growing shell form birth possible sooner. This Shell grows throughout life as we experience more and more. This shell is closely related to long term memory. Basically it’s the stuff that sticks with out about your life experiences. The things that change you and alter your perspectives and life in ways they are lasting. The filter on this is ones wisdom. Basically how much of what we can experience in life are we able to absorb for our own long time betterment or even fault in some cases. In this context wisdom is not used to signify positive life lessons but life lessons in general outside of any moral leaning.

I refer to this as the reality bubble because it explains how person A understands reality. First the sense it and process it threw their multi-layered. This allows person A to understand something about reality while at the same times limiting their understanding of all reality. The second shell is the ever-growing experiential shell that it’s important to realize that our understanding of reality is not only limited by our ability to absorb our surroundings but also the experiences that we live through. Some of these experiences will stick with a person for the remainder of their natural life.

I find this important because it implants two fundamental rational that are part of my theory of everything. The first being that no one understands reality is whole. We all understand our realities based off of our personal genetic filters and our unique experiences of reality. Secondly, it holds that every human that has the ability to process senses and experience life have a unique understand of reality that only they process. Therefore all humans are valuable if only for their unique understanding of reality that is beyond my own ability to absorb first hand. [/FONT]

DIALECTIC

Local time
Today 9:12 AM
-->
Your 2 shell theory sounds like the Hegelian system... The Concept / virtual / potential / possibility VS the Actual / necessity and the "gap" in between being the agitation / evolution / development of Spirit through time and space i.e. probability...

"The Idea is the concept in so far as the concept gives reality and existence to itself. . . . The Idea or truth, is the concept become concrete, the unity of subject and object, of form and content." T.M. Knox, Translator's Foreword, Philosophy of Right ix.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->
Your 2 shell theory sounds like the Hegelian system... The Concept / virtual / potential / possibility VS the Actual / necessity and the "gap" in between being the agitation / evolution / development of Spirit through time and space i.e. probability...

"The Idea is the concept in so far as the concept gives reality and existence to itself. . . . The Idea or truth, is the concept become concrete, the unity of subject and object, of form and content." T.M. Knox, Translator's Foreword, Philosophy of Right ix.

Very interesting.

Doesn't anyone else have any Idea about this?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:12 AM
-->
Yes, I think this theory is right on the money. I have almost the exact thoughts on this though I haven't put it into context like Chad has. I didn't use the terms as shells, but I can see where he is going with it and it very much does jive with me. My theory basically is that that genetics (DNA) play the role of a sort of default choice when our experience doesn't know what to do with an action we make. Apart from that I don't know how much more I have to add..

Top Bottom