• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

There may be others like me???

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
Today 9:41 AM
-->
...so...having always shunned all forms of socializing due to the obvious futility of searching for like-minded individuals i am today somewhat surprised (anxious,thrilled,disgusted??) to find myself joining a forum for the first time ever (so please forgive me any present/future forum etiquette transgressions).
I have known for some years the i am INTP, but just realised there were forums for us this week and have been lurking around for a few days in disbelief and increasing excitement!
I have always been rather doubtful that INTPs are really 1-4% of the population (due to personal experience) but now i'm wondering if i was wrong to flee society!?

Anyway...HELLO, Everyone!!

Now let us commence plotting to take over the world together! He he, just kidding - who could be bothered?

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 10:41 AM
-->
what's the use for like-minded individuals

oh and welcome

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
-->
Thanks!
oh good...no etiquette required?! What a bore, along with all the other social nonseties. You never know though - years of programming has trained me to ask how you are feeling (!) whilst simultaeneously nodding my head in a manner that appears sympathetic (i hope!).
Kill the INTJs?? i think they might be the only other tolerable group...need to do more research...i'll get back to you.

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
-->

oh and welcome

Thanks!

What's the use? - i don't know yet since i haven't found any so far! But possibly (hopefully) a society that doesn't totally suck, which is not based on the most irrational, banal and dangerous trivialities of human existence...
Perhaps if i find some i can stop playing fantasy village in my head.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 6:41 PM
-->
Ok now I'm really interested :D I'll be watching you.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 9:41 PM
-->
Now that you're comfortable...

:cheerleaderkitties:

Be afraid. This forum is cute.

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
-->
Now that you're comfortable...

:cheerleaderkitties:

Be afraid. This forum is cute.

Hi!
(cheerleading) cats, damn you, that's my one weakness!
But i am slightly afraid : what happens to a person if they lose their life-long sense of alienation?
Joyous inclusion, group hugs all round? Help!

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Hi!
(cheerleading) cats, damn you, that's my one weakness!
But i am slightly afraid : what happens to a person if they lose their life-long sense of alienation?
Joyous inclusion, group hugs all round? Help!

Well.... to be honest as someone who is very social with INTP's from here I have seen all kinds of melt downs. Some can't handle family, some can. Honestly giving joyous inclusion and group hugs can break INTP's. Sad in some regards... Can't handle the love :eek:

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
-->
Well.... to be honest as someone who is very social with INTP's from here I have seen all kinds of melt downs. Some can't handle family, some can. Honestly giving joyous inclusion and group hugs can break INTP's. Sad in some regards... Can't handle the love :eek:

...really...meltdowns? How fascinating...perhaps it can be overwhelming for previously lone INTP's to adapt to finding a 'group' to which they feel a sense of belonging. This is pure speculation not based on a particularly good grasp of the archetypes. Splendid isolation is so formative and becomes quite comforting once you learn to live with it. Possibly some INTP's fear the loss of that??
I would really like to hear the opinion of those more informed than i am on this issue.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
...really...meltdowns? How fascinating...perhaps it can be overwhelming for previously lone INTP's to adapt to finding a 'group' to which they feel a sense of belonging. This is pure speculation not based on a particularly good grasp of the archetypes. Splendid isolation is so formative and becomes quite comforting once you learn to live with it. Possibly some INTP's fear the loss of that??
I would really like to hear the opinion of those more informed than i am on this issue.

It's not so much the loss it's the fact that it's so different to the norm and they don't know how to react/can't take all the stimuli or childlike emotions or.... something.... I also work almost entirely in speculation!

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hai

oh and welcome

They're less infuriating than narrow-minded individuals ;)

Also, I agree that INTJ's aren't all too bad. Personally I seem to find xSxJ's far harder to deal with than xNxJ's...

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
-->
Hai

They're less infuriating than narrow-minded individuals ;)

Also, I agree that INTJ's aren't all too bad. Personally I seem to find xSxJ's far harder to deal with than xNxJ's...

Ugh, yes...had to look up the SJ's but i also find those types extremely unbearable. Unfortunately there seems to be rather a lot of them. I've been wondering about the best way to proceed after achieving world domination - possibly divide earth's landmass into 16 and then enforce division of entire population according MBTI. I'm sure the resulting societies would be fascinating and often hilarious!

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
What's the use? - i don't know yet since i haven't found any so far! But possibly (hopefully) a society that doesn't totally suck, which is not based on the most irrational, banal and dangerous trivialities of human existence...
Perhaps if i find some i can stop playing fantasy village in my head.

the "individual" person is a liberal idea and as such it depends on the idea of the free market which in turn depends on the value of diversity. this contradicts your high regard for like-minded individuals.

but if we were to primarily be an interdependent collective then like-mindedness would be a good thing...

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

ExTJ's are the worst for me. even though i am close friends with them (which i am with at least one), i can never fully relax in their presence. it's like my intellect needs to step back because it doesn't hold up to their decisive readiness, their swift diagnosis. it cannot offer anything of immediate strategic value to them and i know they'll discard it unless i give it an edge of world-weary sarcasm usually directed at myself. it's sluggish. it's a fairy-tale while they're all grown up.

this is draining because it ends up with me being the clearly predominant "giver" in terms of social exchange or whatever. asking questions etc. this in itself is usually fine but bugs me when it's brought on by external pressure rather than curiosity. sometimes i'll even fear these people for no good reason.

that goes for the ExTJ's i know. ExTJ's strangers effectively mute me.

Perfectly Normal Beast

the storm is here
Local time
-->
the "individual" person is a liberal idea and as such it depends on the idea of the free market which in turn depends on the value of diversity. this contradicts your high regard for like-minded individuals.

but if we were to be an interdependent collective then like-mindedness would be a good thing...

I think we probably have different definitions of what is meant by 'like-minded' - i do not intend it to refer to anything more than the possession of acquired faculties such as rationality, logic, reason etc etc - the sum of which tend to result in thoughfullness, tolerance, wit etc etc all of which are mostly entirely absent in the majority.

ℜεмїηїs¢εη¢ε

Local time
Today 2:41 AM
-->
Ugh, yes...had to look up the SJ's but i also find those types extremely unbearable. Unfortunately there seems to be rather a lot of them. I've been wondering about the best way to proceed after achieving world domination - possibly divide earth's landmass into 16 and then enforce division of entire population according MBTI. I'm sure the resulting societies would be fascinating and often hilarious!

Just like you said, who can be bothered? I'm actually about to take a nap... *yawns* I'll get to
it... later.

:kinggrin:

Top Bottom