• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"This forum is a drug"

Local time
Today 10:46 AM
-->
From the box of chat:
TimeAsylums said:
I swear, this forum is a drug.
Dormouse said:
Side effects include...
Dormouse said:
Cynicism, delusions of grandeur, procrastination, carpal tunnel, tendencies towards violence, a disconnect from reality, eventual death
Any others?

Any side effects that should exist but don't?

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 3:46 AM
-->
It seems I am a symptom of this forum. I hope these side effects are not too much for you. To reduce the side effects please use a ban. A perma ban seems to be the most efficient.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:46 PM
-->

2m3t4u

THD said:
Is clearly displaying some sort of new side effect, possibly extrapyramidal given the typing

After thorough testing, scientists have concluded that Absurdity's condition is not a side-effect. It's a pre-existing condition: he appears to be allergic to quasi-intelligent masturbation.

Poor sod.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
9fU834Z.jpg

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
chronic insomnia:kodama1:.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 6:46 PM
-->
predisposition to homoerotic anime.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Last edited:

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 6:46 AM
-->
Are books and movies drugs? How would this Forum be different?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Debating is the drug.

And let's not forget -

WITHDRAWAL

1. Social withdrawal
Solitude is a state of seclusion or isolation, i.e., lack of contact with people. It may stem from bad relationships, loss of loved ones, deliberate choice, infectious disease, mental disorders, neurological disorders or circumstances of employment or situation. ...
2. Drug withdrawal
Drug withdrawal is the group of symptoms that occur upon the abrupt discontinuation or decrease in intake of medications or recreational drugs.
In order to experience the symptoms of withdrawal, one must have first developed a physical and/or mental dependence (often referred to as chemical dependency).
It's too late. You're in and you can't leave. :)

Symptoms which may be experienced during withdrawal or reduction in dosage include increased heart rate and/or blood pressure, sweating, and tremors. More serious withdrawal symptoms such as confusion, seizures, and visual hallucinations indicate a serious emergency and the need for immediate medical care.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:46 AM
-->
PHP:

Though many of you have failed to realize it, there are more interesting things out there than me, TimeAsylums.

[Do not allow me to become your 'reality tv,' lest you lose touch with reality itself] ~Socratease

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

Though many of you have failed to realize it, there are more interesting things out there than I, TimeAsylums.

Sorry TA, drug addiction does all sorts of things to the mind. The iNTP forum is especially potent in doing things to the mind.

Local time
-->
Additional side effect: obsessive measurement of genitalia, figurative or otherwise

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Additional side effect: obsessive measurement of genitalia, figurative or otherwise

I thought that was the Sensors forum. I find everyone comparing grey mass here. I think I have everyone beat being that my grey mass is a full man.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Never get high off your own supply...

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Never get high off your own supply...

S0RRY,, DON'T YoU MEaN A!WAyS?

I'm going to have to adjust my graph. I figured intpf would be more of a depressant, but it would seem it classifies elsewhere.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
After thorough testing, scientists have concluded that Absurdity's condition is not a side-effect. It's a pre-existing condition: he appears to be allergic to quasi-intelligent masturbation.

Poor sod.

I guess I'm stuck with chronic quasi-intellectual blue balls for life

D:

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It's just that the INTPf square has a slightly rectangular shape.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
I had depressant-narcotic in mind, but its true nature is up for debate. I will adjust the graph if a consensus is met.

I'm bored, so here's a summary of your options. Spot the forum!

[1] Opioids/Narcotics
[2] Depressants
[3] Stimulants
[4] Entactogens
Hallucinogens:
[5] Psychedelics
[6] Dissociatives
[7] Deliriants
[8] Cannabinoids
[9] Oneirogens
[10] Steroids (why not)
[11] Anaesthetic
[12] Antipsychotic

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 11:46 AM
-->
[3] Stimulants
[6] Dissociatives
[7] Deliriants
[11] Anaesthetic

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
[1] Opioids/Narcotics
[2] Depressants x
[3] Stimulants xxx
[4] Entactogens x
Hallucinogens:
[5] Psychedelics x
[6] Dissociatives xxxx
[7] Deliriants x
[8] Cannabinoids x
[9] Oneirogens x
[10] Steroids (why not)
[11] Anaesthetic xx
[12] Antipsychotic x

Like a real poll, but worse.

Local time
-->
[1] Opioids/Narcotics
[2] Depressants
[3] Stimulants xx
[4] Entactogens x
Hallucinogens:
[5] Psychedelics
[6] Dissociatives xx
[7] Deliriants xx
[8] Cannabinoids
[9] Oneirogens x
[10] Steroids (why not)
[11] Anaesthetic xx
[12] Antipsychotic x
There's definitely an oneiric faction here... :)

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Likes drugs, likes wikipedia, likes wasting time.

[1] Opioids/Narcotics

Desired Effect: Decreased perception of pain, decreased reaction to pain, higher pain tolerance
  1. Some people find that opioids do not relieve all of their pain.[3][36]
  2. Some people find that opioids side effects cause problems which outweigh the therapy's benefit[3][11]
  3. Some people build tolerance to opioids over time. This requires them to increase their drug dosage to maintain the benefit, and that in turn also increases the unwanted side effects.[3][11]
  4. Long-term opioid use can cause opioid-induced hyperalgesia, which is a condition in which the patient has increased sensitivity to pain.[3][37]
May cause sedation and a strong sense of euphoria.
Other select effects: Drowsiness, decreased sex drive, increased risk of falls.

High dependency risk.
Overdose risk.
[2] Depressants

Desired Effect: Treat insomnia or anxiety, reduce arousal or stimulation.
When these are used, effects often include ataxia, anxiolysis, pain relief, sedation or somnolence, and cognitive/memory impairment, as well as in some instances euphoria, dissociation, muscle relaxation, lowered blood pressure or heart rate, respiratory depression, and anticonvulsant effects, and even complete anesthesia or death at high doses.
Some long term effects.

Social skills are significantly impaired in people suffering from alcoholism due to the neurotoxic effects of alcohol on the brain, especially the prefrontal cortex area of the brain. The social skills that are impaired by alcohol abuse include impairments in perceiving facial emotions, prosody perception problems and theory of mind deficits; the ability to understand humour is also impaired in alcohol abusers.[106]
[3] Stimulants

Desired Effect: Temporary improvement in physical/mental functions, enhanced alertness or wakefulness, increased motivation and productivity.
Abuse of central nervous system (CNS) stimulants is common. Addiction to some CNS stimulants can quickly lead to medical, psychiatric, and psychosocial deterioration. Drug tolerance, dependence, and sensitization as well as a withdrawal syndrome can occur
Meth, less than caffeine.
Makes you crazy.
[4] Entactogens

Desired Effect: Produce feelings of empathy, love and emotional closeness.
Some studies indicate repeated recreational users of MDMA have increased rates of depression and anxiety, even after quitting the drug.
They have the best nicknames, though: Foxy methoxy, drone/meow meow, etc.
Among underground psychotherapists, MDMA developed a reputation for enhancing communication during clinical sessions, reducing patients' psychological defenses, and increasing capacity for therapeutic introspection.

[5] Psychedelics

Desired Effect: To alter cognition and perception.
Introspective reflection with a sense of deep, sometimes painful insight into oneself or the nature of humanity and the universe is common; often the experience seems somehow more real or more essential than everyday life.
This or that.
The manifestations can range from feelings of vague anxiety and alienation to profoundly disturbing states of unrelieved terror, ultimate entrapment, or cosmic annihilation.

Not considered addictive.

[6] Dissociatives

Perhaps the most significant subjective differences between dissociatives and the classical hallucinogens (such as LSD and mescaline) are the dissociative effects, including: depersonalization, the feeling of being unreal, disconnected from one's self, or unable to control one's actions; and derealization, the feeling that the outside world is unreal or that one is dreaming
This is done through reducing or blocking signals to the conscious mind from other parts of the brain.
I know you like tests.

[7] Deliriants

Desired(?) Effect: Hallucinations without lucidity.
Despite the fully legal status of several common deliriant plants, deliriants are largely unpopular as recreational drugs due to the severe and unpleasant nature of the hallucinations produced

[8] Cannabinoids

Desired Effect: Relaxation, heightened mood, euphoria.
Some effects may include a general alteration of conscious perception, euphoria, feelings of well-being, relaxation or stress reduction, increased appreciation of humor, music (especially discerning its various components/instruments) or the arts, joviality, metacognition and introspection, enhanced recollection (episodic memory), increased sensuality, increased awareness of sensation, increased libido,[33] and creativity. Abstract or philosophical thinking, disruption of linear memory and paranoia or anxiety are also typical.
Less addictive than caffeine, more addictive than LSD.

[9] Oneirogens

Desired Effect: Enter a dream-like state of consciousness, have prophetic visions.
Effects experienced with the use of Oneirogens may include Microsleep, Hypnagogia, Fugue states, REM, Hypnic Jerks, Lucid dreams, and even out-of-body experiences. Some Oneirogenic substances are said to have little to no effect on waking consciousness, and will not exhibit their effects until the user falls into a natural sleep state.
Also access via sleep-deprivation?

[10] Steroids

Desired Effect: Physical performance enhancement, get ripped.

I'm honestly not sure why this is on the list.
[11] Anaesthetics

Desired Effect: Temporary loss of sensation
Local anesthetics can be applied repeatedly or continuously for prolonged periods to relieve chronic pain.
Risks: Permanent nerve damage.
[12] Antipsychotic

Desired Effect: Manage psychosis.

The adverse affects are many and frightening.
The psychological withdrawal symptoms can include psychosis
Huh.
"
non-permanent "pharmacological lobotomy""
Analysis complete. I'll throw my chips in for [2] [3] and [6].

Top Bottom