• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Type relations

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
Today 2:39 AM
-->
Don't really know if theres already a thread about this, but I'd like to know more about type relations. Typelogic gave names of the different relationships, and I'd just like to know more about them.

Aphasia

Local time
Today 2:39 PM
-->
I think the relations (s)he is talking about is interactions between types. Like INTP and ESFJ interest each other because they're so different from one another and things like that, or how certain types can't stand each other. (sorry Springtime, can't remember whether you're male or female)

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
really? I don't like most ESFJs I know.

I'm not really sure MBTI says muchc about interactions. I think socionics was actually developed simply by watching people interact, though, so you could probably get an idea from that. Beware though, the types don't necessarily match onto each other (INTP here is more likely to be INTj there, but not necessarily).

gloomy-optimist

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:39 AM
-->
I think opposite types, such as ESFJ and INTP, are supposed to get along to a degree, although it may just be certain types where that applies...my best friend is my opposite, so it definitely works in some instances. While I'm not sure about ESFJ x INTP, it might just be a matter of getting to know a person of the other type.
I know we hated each other at first. Friendships can blossom in weird places.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
my sister (and roommate) is ESFJ. we have absolutely nothing in common. she's almost never home, always going out with friends and to parties and shit. if she's home, she's almost always either instant messaging people or talking on the phone. that lifestyle would drive me insane. in conclusion though, we tend to get along ok, but i suppose thats because we make very minimal contact with one another.

my girlfriend is INFJ. she's basically the conscious voice that lets me know when i'm being too much of an asshole to people, as i often (especially when drunk) don't know when i'm beginning to hurt somebodies feelings. we get along great, although i'm constantly bringing up interesting (to me, anyway) philosophical and scientific topics that she just doesn't seem as interested in. that and her job as a middle school teacher takes a lot out of her and she tends to withdrawl into herself, but i suppose i would too if i had to put up with a bunch of shithead little brats.

my friend since we were both three years old is INFP. we obviously get along pretty well, as he often indulges my need for debate (usually about religion, as he's a god fearing christian) like a good sport. even as a feeler, i think he understands that i have a rather brash, often tactless sense of humor, so we're able to joke back and forth without anyone getting their feelings hurt. he has described me as being somewhat of a robot at times though, being as i don't often get too emotional (and i have no soul).

my mom is ISFJ. she's always asking me if i'm ok and how things in my life are going. even though i know she means well, i really despise these kinds of questions and usually have that INTP aloofness with her.

my dad, who hasn't taken the test, i'd guess is INTJ or possibly ISTJ. he's incredibly innovative, always taking things apart to see how they work and using the parts from them to mend other things or build little contraptions. his ability to look at something and see what it could possibly be is crazy to me, as it would have been something i'd just toss in the corner and forget about. i get along with him fine, although he can be relatively set in his ways at times, not leaving much flexibility.

gloomy-optimist

Redshirt
Local time
-->
my sister (and roommate) is ESFJ. we have absolutely nothing in common. she's almost never home, always going out with friends and to parties and shit. if she's home, she's almost always either instant messaging people or talking on the phone. that lifestyle would drive me insane. in conclusion though, we tend to get along ok, but i suppose thats because we make very minimal contact with one another.

Yeah, that would get annoying. Sometimes I don't know how those people do it...it seems exhausting to me.

my girlfriend is INFJ. she's basically the conscious voice that lets me know when i'm being too much of an asshole to people, as i often (especially when drunk) don't know when i'm beginning to hurt somebodies feelings. we get along great, although i'm constantly bringing up interesting (to me, anyway) philosophical and scientific topics that she just doesn't seem as interested in.
She might not be uninterested; she might just not show it as much. INFJs tend to formulate a lot of opinions and ideas, but they also tend to keep it to themselves, often until it's at exactly the right time, person, place, or situation.
Try bringing up some humanist topics; they're all for righteous justice.

grey matters

The Old Grey Silly One
Local time
-->
I am an INTP and my husband in an ENTP. There is good and bad to this combination. For us to organization is to barely manage chaos. Our desk is "organized" by a sedimentary layer system that only an archeologist could appreciate. No one ever remembers anything and procrastination is the rule. We share a very strange sense of humor and our neighbors think we are really strange.
Once I was in the Costco store and I found a sale on bathrobes. Knowing that my husband wanted me to get him a bathrobe I called him up and asked him what size. I asked him if he thought he needed size large or extra fat. He said "extra fat". I said "extra fat? ok I'll get that" and I put it in the cart. The woman across the table from me who had been listining to our conversation stared at me with wide eyed bewilderment and a hint of anger at my being such an insensitive bitch. Aparently she could not believe that someone would talk to someone like that. It seems she had never been exposed to the sometimes brutally honest blunt humor on the NT types.
I have been told that for compatability, people often choose types that are different from them to sort of round out their own personality. Sometimes this works and sometimes it goes horribly wrong. I have noticed that you can meet your "soul mate" (as some people call it) or someone you are very compatable with and totally fuck it up due to bad behavior. Perhaps it is best to concern yourself less with finding mr. or mrs. right and more with personal growth (maturity) if you want a long lasting positive relationship.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
lol i like that. sometimes i wish my girlfriend wasn't so sensitive when it comes to my sense of humor. but, then again, a lot more people would probably hate me if it wasn't for her helping me to hold back.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
I know all about the bad behaviour ruining a perfect relationship. I'm a male and bad behaviour cost me an amazing girlfriend. But at least she isn't spreading nasty rumors about all the things I told her. She was an ENFP by the way.

Top Bottom