• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Unmoderated thread section

Local time
Today 8:14 AM
-->
what about having a sub-forum where anything goes and there are no bannable offences?

for members only, no thread closings, no restrictions on insults etc, dupe accounts of previously banned members will be tolerated here.

perhaps one or two cardinal sins would still be forbidden, such as posting private info about other members without permission or posting pictures of female human nipples or whatever but anything and everything else is permitted.

enter at your own risk.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:14 PM
-->
Jeez that sounds an awful lot like Arena 2.0

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 12:14 AM
-->
Sounds like the general comment section of every news website. :ahh:

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
maybe freedom is worth the cost.

in any case, i don't think that the forum member pool is comparable to those of 'average' news websites.

Yeah! We are a specific kind of stupid! Fine honed, practiced tried and true. We will be stupid in exactly this way and only this way! I know I practice myself.

You both have points but the problem with that section is what if someone completely trashes a member who doesn't go in it? Goes on 24/7 about how horrible someone is and it's not a ban-able offense... or even if the person is in there? We could have armies of people annoyed at each other which then leak into the real forum sections! It would be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k

Local time
-->
the problem with that section is what if someone completely trashes a member who doesn't go in it? Goes on 24/7 about how horrible someone is and it's not a ban-able offense.

sticks and stones?

no-one will be forced to enter. perhaps it could be excluded from the new posts view to make it less visible.

idk...i'm just trying to work out a solution that would satisfy the two extreme camps of the recent...dramas.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No one is stopping the "extremists" from going and posting on 4chan.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 9:14 AM
-->
^

4chan is moderated

>he's a janitor
>on the internet
>on an anime imageboard
>he does it for free
>he takes his "job" very seriously
>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he deletes threads he doesn't like because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
>he deletes threads he doesn't like because they interfere with the large backlog of little girl chinese cartoons he still has to watch
>he will never have a real job
>he will never move out of his parent's house
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
>he will never have a girlfriend
>he will never have any friends

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 10:14 AM
-->
Hado made a similar suggestion in The State thread.
It would be interesting to see the implementation of this.

Would it solve any problems?
I don't kow, but it will be fun.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
sticks and stones?

no-one will be forced to enter. perhaps it could be excluded from the new posts view to make it less visible.

idk...i'm just trying to work out a solution that would satisfy the two extreme camps of the recent...dramas.

You know I love drama, I just also can predict the effects.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
it would have to be private, as in you wouldn't see new posts in the new posts section, you'd have to actually go into that subforum if you want to get involved there. That way if a member does have issues with another member/subject, it's at their discretion to view it rather it coming to the limelight for all to see. Of course maybe this could be a setting individual members could toggle if they do want to see this stuff but it's default is turned off.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 3:14 PM
-->
what about having a sub-forum where anything goes and there are no bannable offences?

for members only, no thread closings, no restrictions on insults etc, dupe accounts of previously banned members will be tolerated here.

perhaps one or two cardinal sins would still be forbidden, such as posting private info about other members without permission or posting pictures of female human nipples or whatever but anything and everything else is permitted.

enter at your own risk.

Sounds like fun :) So male human nipples are okay?

How is 'don't shit post' a rule on 4chan. :ahh:
For Shame Puffy! How could you question one of the highest cardinal rules observed by the illustrious supreme gentlemen of the venerable 4chan website?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:14 AM
-->
'What is' a shitpost?

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
You know it when you see it

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I agree that it should be kept out of the new posts feed, as what appears in new posts attracts a lot of attention which is generally not what these users desire. While users that randomly appear in threads only because they appear in new posts feed and not out of interest also are not always desired posters in said threads.

I would think of having a user specific - topic oriented new posts feed or bulletin, focusing on the topics/fields where the user was most active, or that were selected in options.

There could be several feeds similar to:
new technology posts
new gaming posts
new relationship posts
new lobby posts, etc.

Top Bottom