• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Wayback When

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 7:01 AM
-->
I rather remembered that there was some good stuff in the terms and service back in vbull --- no back-up showed pages and the old sqls seemed closed unless I installed vbulletin somewhere on the web, uploaded all the old files and reinstalled a database.

The great Ernie Bevin, Foreign Secretary of old, was tested by his civil servants by being given dispatch cases filled to the brim with papers to read and sign over the weekend. He regarded the cases, and said "A kindly thought." and left, not taking the cases.

So I decided to look at The Wayback Machine and see if they'd grabbed us at any point. They have.

( Note this is the old http ://www, rather than https ://www of today. )

There are several dozen captures, and on one of them, after looking at boring FAQs, I found the right terms.
Then had to look up how to edit the XenForo terms. Apparently one has to go to 'search for phrases' in administration, type in a common phrase used, and barely remembered, like, you agree to not use, then edit the terms_rules_text

This is so not ideal.

Still, added the rules, which are more crafted from the default than may be noticeable:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is annoying. Any images, music files, etc. may be uploaded here; but the responsibility is that of the poster, and the administration will remove anything in copyright immediately when properly notified by the original copyright holders. You retain authorship and intellectual property rights in your posting, but grant INTPForum and its successors and assigns a nonexclusive irrevocable right to reuse your posting in any manner it or they see fit without notice or compensation to you --- posts made on this forum are hereby property of this forum.

[ All Your Base Are Belong To Us ]

And mainly... if any wish to look at the forum in the glory of that old Dark Castle to which we all must return, sans Fat Slab elements imposed by XenForo, they can visit that link above.

Top Bottom