• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What animal type is the INTP?

What Animal Type is the INTP?

• Eagle

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Hawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owl

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Bull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

severus

Local time
Today 2:27 PM
-->
I thought we were pangolins..:confused:

Geminii

Consultant, inventor, project innovator
Local time
Tomorrow 5:27 AM
-->
When I read that I read the INT_ and saw the octopus and said "cool, I wanna be an octopus" and then I saw the J and was like "darn, well we're going to be way cooler", guess not:/

As an INTX, let me say GO TEAM OCTOPUS!

Cobra

Local time
Today 4:27 PM
-->
God you guys are dumb. It's obviously a slow loris.

slow-loris.jpg

Döden

Local time
-->
As an INTX, let me say GO TEAM OCTOPUS!

Octopi are my favorite animal.
Rah rah Team Octopus!

I like the arctic fox, though I can see the turtle as being a bit more suiting. Depending on how socially skilled one is, the arctic fox may be a bit too graceful.

intuitivet

You Know You're Better Than This
Local time
Today 10:27 PM
-->
Nah, mix between a lion and tiger.

And I find a bat eerily accurate, it's always been one of my favourite animals. Plus, we get echolocation and flight. :D
But Liger's have existed! :D They're sadly infertile...

I think some sort of reptile, or feline.
Maybe a snake or turtle, or maybe a cat or panther.

boradicus

And as he gazed her eyes were filled with the dark
Local time
Today 3:27 PM
-->
Um... bat - no way - not remotely intelligent - I vote horse :) Horses are aloof and yet kind but smart and strong. They have a sense of themselves but don't attempt to bully other beasts - they are freedom oriented like all INTPs - yeah FREEDOM!!!! =)

ijustprotectedmyidentity

Local time
-->
monkeys are entp
owls are intp

have you seen an owl. all they do is nothing and just sit in trees

owl represents widsom and secrecy. wisdom due to athena and secrecy due to illuminati masonic symbology

hawks are very Sensing. eagle eye. they have good vision so thats S status

owls are nocturnal and so are intps lol.

btw owls are fucking trippy what are they suppose to be like evolved birds? ima research it but if anyone wants to tell me some facts about owls

dont thye have night vision as well that would be a comparision to our ti ne lol

it also states that owls are solitary creatures

aracaris

Local time
-->
Um... bat - no way - not remotely intelligent - I vote horse :) Horses are aloof and yet kind but smart and strong. They have a sense of themselves but don't attempt to bully other beasts - they are freedom oriented like all INTPs - yeah FREEDOM!!!! =)

Horses are very much social animals, herd animals, and I'm not aware of them even symbolizing individuality or aloofness, or anything like that. They definitely symbolize strength (and definitely are strong). Haven't heard of the horse being associated with intelligence though (or that they actually are very smart).
Now unicorns are associated with being very aloof and mysterious, but I think a unicorn would be a more of an INFP animal.

As for bats, yeah, they may be associated with the mysterious, but the bats I know of are also very highly social, preferring to gather in huge numbers, I think they are also very family oriented. I agree not an INTP animal, not sure what personality type they do fit other than a strong E, and perhaps an F.

I don't recall owls actually being particularly intelligent as far as birds go, but symbolically they fit. Plus most owl species aren't particularly social outside of pair bonds, though there's certainly exceptions. I vote for owls.

Nocturne

Vesper.
Local time
-->
I suggest the leopard, but excluding the 'others' option, the owl is quite suitable as well.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Re: Waht animal type is the INTP?

People don't necessarily like others who think and act differently, especially when they think and act different to them. I don't doubt that if given a choice, many people would want to get rid of annoying INTP's.

@Dissident: But it's so cute! (Being soppy :p)

Yep I expect INTPs annoy most sorts, but mostly ESFJ of the same gender.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 11:27 PM
-->
After doing some in-depth research it seems that bats really are extremely social animals... which disqualifies them from being a INTP totem animal. Instead the turtle seems like a good idea.

47ce75504c3d807_animal.jpg

Yes, INTPs are Ti-to-the-max, they are TURTLES

They are sleepy all day, they procrastinate, they are slow... (but they are wise).

They are like the turtle in the turtle vs the hare/rabbit story.

The bunny is fast, but is not wise. The turtle takes its time, but is wise. (but also annoyingly slow).

Peeps999

Local time
Today 5:27 PM
-->
INTP's are annoying. Kaepora Gaebora from Zelda is annoying. Maybe we are owls.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 11:27 PM
-->
owls are hunters, owls are nocturnal, owls are alert. owls know the market!! owls keep an eye open!! INTPs are definitely not owls, they are not hunters, they are more prey-ish. they are too sleepy to stay up all night to hunt. They dont hunt.

owls are wise as in knowing the market, as in applicable solutions (Te)

INTPs are wise in another way, their wisdom is not applicable, its only understanding (Ti). Thats why i said they are turtles. They even go in their shell a lot.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

They are sleepy all day, they procrastinate, they are slow... (but they are wise).

The bunny is fast, but is not wise. The turtle takes its time, but is wise. (but also annoyingly slow).

The Perseus System indicates if the INTP is extroverted enough to go to the watering holes, he would shape-shift to Turtle or Tortoise. Certainly not Hare (ESFJ variant)-brained.

Girlioso

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm an INFJ female in a relationship with an INTP fella. We're both pretty catlike, so we've picked out Lion for me and Tiger for him.

Sometimes he's a monkey boy though! He must be the "kooky" variety.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm an INFJ female in a relationship with an INTP fella. We're both pretty catlike, so we've picked out Lion for me and Tiger for him.

Sometimes he's a monkey boy though! He must be the "kooky" variety.

Must be Liger or Tigon offspring. Does not fit any pattern though.

IN = birds

Big Cats are ESTP. Little Cats are ISFP. Polecats are ENFP.

INFJ are Skylarks.

INTP I have as Eagles or other birds of prey including Vultures. Legal Eagles are just one of many types of INTP. I think I might be a Condor.

thoumyvision

Mauveshirt
Local time
-->
So, the Perseus System website doesn't seem to be up anymore. Luckily Google has Cached it: Perseus System

How has nobody pointed out yet that "Bully" is not an animal type? Furthermore, calling ESTJ's "bullies" shows a prejudiced bias on the part of the author of the system, calling into question the validity of the entire system itself.

Same sort of applies to "Horseman", but that doesn't really show prejudice, just animistic inconsistency.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I am gonna change Bully to Bull. My error. I will change the Horsemen to Horse as well.

Meercats I think might be near EXFX. Not sure yet. All animals are good and bad. The Bull that hauls the plough. The Cow that gets milked.

INTP Eagles are not interested in Mice ESFJ.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I think I'm more of a werewolf.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
I like Anthile's list

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->
The Ent. Solitary. Stay within Fangorn much like INTPs like to stay within their own little world. Able to disguise themselves to look like the trees around them which is like the INTP's "social chameleon" trait. Would rather think something over than rush into it ("Don't be hasty"). However, when an Ent is roused it can be an unstoppable force to be reckoned with (See: Isengard).

Causeless

Local time
-->
I don't know, but if I ever turn furry I'm totally going to be a snow leopard now.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think I'm more of a werewolf.

ENTJ Wolfman.

They need to boss. INTPs usually don't want to be boss, unless they want to make sure their plan is not a gigantic cock-up. For the Wolf, being Top Dog is the meaning of life. Is that you?

Wolves are very difficult to get on with.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don't know, but if I ever turn furry I'm totally going to be a snow leopard now.

Snow Leopards are sophistated members of the ESTP but they are still Catty. They may very well be nearly true to type in the Celtic world where Lynx was the only Big Cat in the native fauna.

In the Perseus Solar System, ESTP are the Earthlings and they would be leaders of the Terran Empire.

In the allegiances, all the Inner Planets would be part of Earth Territory.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The Ent. Solitary. Stay within Fangorn much like INTPs like to stay within their own little world. Able to disguise themselves to look like the trees around them which is like the INTP's "social chameleon" trait. Would rather think something over than rush into it ("Don't be hasty"). However, when an Ent is roused it can be an unstoppable force to be reckoned with (See: Isengard).

Ents were a silly muck-up by Tolkein. You only have to ask the Wind Troll Kajsa. The colliers hardly dare sleep.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Sticking my Neck out of my Shell

Introverts have to "go to the watering hole" for sustenance and they may chose to transform themselves with a temporary E component and INTP Eagles can transform to Turtles. They can transform to Snakes but this unfamiliar territory can be very dangerous (as I found out in real life, and a ESFJ :elephant: ambushed and attacked and nearly killed me, literally, just because he hated Snakes). Mostly they are just Hare-brained, these ISFJs.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Tomorrow 4:27 AM
-->
I always thought of myself as an Elephant. Wise, slow, and once a year really pissed off/horny.

Also quite well hung.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Upside Down in the Custard

I always thought of myself as an Elephant. Wise, slow, and once a year really pissed off/horny.

Also quite well hung.

African or Indian.

Elephant :elephant: is Irish slang for somebody who throws their weight around. They are slow witted, experienced, and have long memories. In other words: horrid!

They are also not so much greedy, but they purloin things for themselves and they want more than other people and they trample over the lives of others. Horrid!

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 7:27 AM
-->
ENTJ Wolfman.

So the wolf is a dominant thinker, not a feeler?

Animal to type seems very limited, as certain aspects of the animal are implied as the focus depending on the type being compared to. From the perspective of the animal itself, typology is probably as per usual, with physical manifestations that strike the mind as of similar structure to aspects of our typology.

Getting around the relativity problem: cross-contextualise, either internally by considering the system in terms of relations of elements, or directly, by showing the structure which is to be extracted.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
So the wolf is a dominant thinker, not a feeler?

Animal to type seems very limited, as certain aspects of the animal are implied as the focus depending on the type being compared to. From the perspective of the animal itself, typology is probably as per usual, with physical manifestations that strike the mind as of similar structure to aspects of our typology.

Getting around the relativity problem: cross-contextualise, either internally by considering the system in terms of relations of elements, or directly, by showing the structure which is to be extracted.

Relativity problem puts the whole system into a different world view. Its a game/illusion and only measured by its usefulness. And it has proven to be useful.

Are you fake, to be other than you are not. Or just trying to get along in the world?

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
-->
The INTP could only be a ninja with a flamethrower.

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Cuttlefish.

INTP traits: they are mysterious, highly intelligent, good at both camouflage and garish display, and like keep to themselves but have developed unique and advanced ways of communicating.

Non-INTP traits: green blood and fins all the way around their bodies. (Also, it is rare for an INTP to be able to shoot jets of ink.)

http://xkcd.com/520/

Nattall There

Orãnge Milãnge
Local time
-->
I am positive that an INTP probably could not be pinned down to one animal altogether. The animal would have to be a shapeshifter, morphing from one animal to the next. Or, it would have to be an animal who is camoflaged or lurks in shadow. My vote is for a leopard as it is a lone creature, it observes and calculates its movements precisely before it initiates its actions. It spends its life observing from high in the trees and it lives like a spirit in the wilderness.

Nattall There

Orãnge Milãnge
Local time
-->
I suggest the leopard, but excluding the 'others' option, the owl is quite suitable as well.

Precisely! I believe if it is not to shapeshift it should be the leopard.

bluemind

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I can imagine an animal which is good in mirroring yet can keep its own stance...can't think of anything right now..

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
ENTJ Wolfman.

They need to boss. INTPs usually don't want to be boss, unless they want to make sure their plan is not a gigantic cock-up. For the Wolf, being Top Dog is the meaning of life. Is that you?

Wolves are very difficult to get on with.

No, not wolf but werewolf. My active side mostly comes out at night, I'm also inclined toward nocturnal biorhythms. Plus the social outcast aspect.

MarcadamiaNut

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:27 PM
-->
INTP representative Animal

Now I'm not sure if there's a thread like this already but I think it's about time we select a mascot or animal to represent us.

My suggestion is the Owl. (Not taking into account the species of owl and whatnot)

This is my reasoning:

Owls are known as wise, calm and collected.
They're independant and seem to constantly observe and question the world; expanding their knowledge.
However, they have a certain edge to them aswell, when it comes time to hunt, they attack with precision and ferocity, as would an INTP when faced with a debate that questions their own morals or when an INTP brings their facts, knowledge and intuition to the table.
They seem emotionally distant as we INTPs often are, but maintain a juvenile curiosity and wonder underneath the cold exterior.
They always seem to think rather than act but are endowed with wings to sail them across the unknown skies, above the heads of people that must lead or follow.
Plus, they're one badass bird in general.

That's what I think. I'd like to hear any other suggestions of animals for the INTP and their reasonings. Or maybe just build on whatever's been said.

ghowl_display.jpg

cute-owl.jpg

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
Owl-phoenix-wolf-bat

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 5:27 AM
-->
Re: INTP representative Animal

Game face

ghowl_display.jpg

Ooohh... new data face
cute-owl.jpg

When with unstimulating people
1gsMdAFrvA7IyI0G1JkYmA1p73f9D0XiNu34X7zL0UWXrMYPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

You're BS'sng me mode
ALbDKwZi998xAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

EmergingAlbert

Local time
-->
When I took the official MBTI in college, it said I was a turtle. I'm not sure why this isn't in the poll. I think it's quite fitting. A turtle, like the INTP, is quiet, hides in its inner shell, and generally takes things slowly. I can relate quite well.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 9:27 PM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
i think a rattle snake sums us u[

solitary creatures
tend to give out a warning to those we don't want near us
if the person warned doesn't believe us we get angry and strike
when alone or with others we trust were laid back
rattle snakes tend to be hermits and hermits are just philosophers that want to left to their thoughts

Top Bottom