• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are you guys watching on Youtube lately?

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 8:54 AM
-->
Now, I just watched a Bojack video. He just kills her:

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 8:54 AM
-->

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Today 11:54 AM
-->

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 4:54 PM
-->
Everyone watching educational videos and here I am

-

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
I have 240 subscriptions, so I can't list them all, but will put the most interesting ones:

Try those hamburger patty melts, mmm:
Empath classes, Dr. Michael Smith:

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 1:24 AM
-->
Recent stuff I enjoyed:
On the origin and influence of think tanks:
On the cynical intention behind marketing "carbon footprints"
On the Siloviki - The Oligarch class in Russia
On interpreting statistical noise (has a test/game attached that was interesting)

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 3:54 PM
-->
Junk usually. If I'm watching youtube it's exclusively to unwind and switch off my brain after work before I go to sleep.

Speedruns of video-games (like AGDQ) used to be a favourite - randomiser races of Zelda: Link to the Past can be particularly amusing. Vines, reaction videos, and other stupid stuff that's purely for the lols. Some review channels like theneedledrop for music.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Some State and Local running out of gas funds. Hope to resolve issues by phone instead of driving in some areas:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Pressure canning for vegetables/tomatoes, ph above 4.5 items:

Waterbath canning for fruits/jellies/ph below 4.5 items:

kittyfranklin

Local time
-->
Videos I've watched today. Started off very depressed (as usual). Felt better as the day went on (as usual).

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Aparently Bob Dylan was inspired by Pirate Jenny.

kittyfranklin

Local time
-->
satan's minions prepare for the rule of moloch

It amazes me more and more how openly "satanic" (for lack of a better word) these types of performances have become. Even the language: i.e. "Beast". And what's up with all the performers putting up devil horns? Aside from that, half of it is just creepy anyway... These things remind me more and more of the Hunger Games movies.

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 10:54 PM
-->

Technically I'm listening, but this video is a pretty Good Introduction toward Neo-reactionary Accelerationism. Pretty right-wing radical stuff but also pretty fun.

kittyfranklin

Local time
-->

Technically I'm listening, but this video is a pretty Good Introduction toward Neo-reactionary Accelerationism. Pretty right-wing radical stuff but also pretty fun.
In watching some of that, some thoughts I have:

Everyone being a collaborator or a dissident. While I do feel there are people who are still neither and just want to go about their lives, I will say that I have never seen so many people, who were once fully disinterested in politics, become more and more interested in politics (and how the world really works) in the most recent years. I have been able to finally bond over these topics with my ISTP husband and my ISFP best friend the last couple years. It is nice to feel that I finally have like-minded people to talk to in real life about the state of the world and my thoughts about it.

The other part about detachment is interesting because it is something I have strived for since entering 12 step programs. Detachment is a concept of which I believe Al-Anon was the first 12-step program to adopt. I feel that AA and all the other 12 step groups should also focus on detachment. Detachment is something that is often encouraged for those in a relationship with an addict (whether practicing or not) in order to have serenity. But healthy detachment from everything can give everyone serenity, whether an "addict" or in relationship with an "addict" or not (I personally believe everyone has some form of addiction). Al-Anon added the principle of detaching with love. A foreign concept to many because our society/human nature tends to think that obsession is love. Detachment is the opposite of obsession. And since obsession is not love, it is possible to detach with love. Love without obsession. But to detach does not mean to reject or be oblivious to reality. It is actually more about acceptance of reality and then living life being true to yourself no matter what others are choosing to do.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Thats interesting, the Norse folklore has a lot of these stories. They leave fun or gifts to lure the unsuspecting? Or, do they just want to keep alive the ritual of the mushroom and hide it in stories?

There are many references to those red capped folklore, that might point to a certain type of mushroom, which was poisonous and psychadelic and maybe made you hallucinate giants or reindeer flying.

Fascinating stuff. Nothing is free.

St Nicholas is red and white symbolizing certain poisonous but magic mushrooms.

The reindeer were forced to eat the poisonous mushrooms and their livers took the poisons out, and then they smoked the reindeer droppings and went on psychadelic trips to 'other' worlds to experience those other dimensions and realities where reindeer flew around with Santa and Rudolphs red nose lead them. Messages in there passed down in childrens stories.

And, why did they always tell these to children in stories, which makes this extra nepharious.

I think the message is, gifts always come with strings, you MUST offer something in return if you accept a gift from one of these, and its best NOT to accept them at all.
But it is why children offer Santa a gift of milk and cookies. If you get a gift and don't, then, you will owe this jealous trickster and he will come back to get you.
What does he fill stockings with, ie, leave gifts in your place maybe and take your spirit away?

Children, always remember to leave a gift of milk and cookies or a gift to exchange, since mischievous beings like elves, odin, Santa, Nisse, gnomes, they don't gift for nothing.
Or, just say no. lol.

800px-Gl%C3%A6delig_Jul%2C_1885.jpg

Unrelated, just some oldies:

Attachments

• red mushrooms.jpg
    red mushrooms.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 41

TransientMoment

_ _ , - _ , _ -
Local time
Today 10:54 AM
-->
Is it just me or is it that INTPs here tend to pick videos with really weird screenshots?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 9:54 AM
-->

Spirits are not just evil demons.
They are all spirits.

a.i. can create any possible spirit.

because a.i. has in it all possible network configurations.

and it can generate all possible network-to-network interactions.

and it can do so with all possible variables in all possible dimensions.

the good the bad and the ugly.

1CNZGfb.png

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Good chiropracter! Sometimes acid reflux is caused by hiatal hernia, (which means the stomach pops thru the upper wall slightly, so digestion is starting in the wrong place and acid goes up into the esophagus as a result).
Its more common than you might think. Hiatal Hernia can be manipulated without surgery! Cool!

Top Bottom