• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are your alternative theories (to MBTI)?

bantwon

(>'_')># have a waffle
Local time
Today, 19:01
Alternative theory to MBTI

If I was Jung/Myers/Briggs I would have done these metrics:

Volume (how overbearing you are socially)
Loud (confident) -vs- Mild (observational)

Values (what you value more)
Skill (and the material riches it brings) -vs- Intelligence (and self-discovery)

Interest orientation (what you look for/enjoy)
Novel (weird/bizarre/boundary exploring) -vs- Socially popular (cool)

Method of solving problems
Abstractifying (working out the root laws) -vs- Imitating (following examples and analogous solutions to solve similar problems)

I'm a MINA, and tend to get along with other MINAs, and find the opposite traits annoying. In the MBTI system I am a ENTP INTP ENTJ INTJ ENFP ENFJ INFJ INFP depending on the test/whims of my mood, but I'm always a solid MINA in my scheme.

Why are people so entrenched in the framework on MBTI? It's quite arbitrary. What metrics you would make??

LPolaright

Mentalist
Local time
Today, 21:01
Re: Alternative theory to MBTI

If I was Jung/Myers/Briggs I would have done these metrics:

I'm a MINA, and tend to get along with other MINAs, and find the opposite traits annoying. In the MBTI system I am a ENTP INTP ENTJ INTJ ENFP ENFJ INFJ INFP depending on the test/whims of my mood, but I'm always a solid MINA in my scheme.

Why are people so entrenched in the framework on MBTI? It's quite arbitrary. What metrics you would make??
Can you explain why exactly you decided on these metrics? No...?
You'll see that once you explain how it is different than the MBTI you'd actually see how close it is to the system. By trying to prove it wrong you get a deeper understanding.

Tests are known to be accurate when you don't know the system, and not accurate when you learn it. Once you learn it tests are pretty much useless as you know how to answer them to get the result you want - Actually, intelligent enough people might even get inaccurate test results even without knowing the system because they do know part of it - intuitively.

At first the system does look arbitrary but once you get in deeper, it get's too principled.

Volume (how overbearing you are socially)
Loud (confident) -vs- Mild (observational)
It looks like you took the two following dichotomies: P + I (Observational) vs J + E (Confident).
But you are also missing out: P + E (Correctional) and J + I (Self Righteous).

Values (what you value more)
Skill (and the material riches it brings) -vs- Intelligence (and self-discovery)
Si vs Ne (Cognitive functions)
wouldn't go as far as saying "intelligence", but it is pretty much independent discovery of how everything is affecting and being affected - vs - the old and known path that was working up until today that should work tomorrow as well.

Interest orientation (what you look for/enjoy)
Novel (weird/bizarre/boundary exploring) -vs- Socially popular (cool)
Ni vs Se
Ni - novel, self depth into the unknown and undefined.
Se - Cool, attention seeking.

Method of solving problems
Abstractifying (working out the root laws) -vs- Imitating (following examples and analogous solutions to solve similar problems)
Ni vs Ne
Ni - going in depth with your own path of mind
Ne - going into similar experiences and finding the differences

============================================

I'm not trying to stick to the MBTI - but your system is no different - it's just calling the same thing in different names.
There's a reason why the MBTI exists in this form of type indication. If you want to invent a new system then you'd have to change the way the type hierarchy works.

Top Bottom