• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are your favorite music genres?

linalovelis

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:56 AM
-->
So, I'd like to know what kinds of music you all like since INTPs seem to have an "uncommon" taste. Does any of you like progressive rock? Also, tell me about your favorite artists.

Shieru

rational romantic
Local time
Today 1:56 AM
-->
if i had to pick favorites.. electropop, new-age/ambient, chillstep, celtic and melancholy piano make up a lot of my collection. with a dash or two of J-pop of course :yuri:

INTPmetalhead

Tommie the metal chick
Local time
Today 3:56 AM
-->
Metal and classical music for me. But to be more specific I really love progressive metal due to its sporadic nature and very odd time signatures. If you haven't checked out Dream Theater, I highly suggest it! They're my favorite for sure. But I'll listen to anything that's "different"; check out The Dear Hunter too (they're not metal... But I'm not sure what their genre is... maybe progressive alternative?) But if you want some classical music that's brutal and beautiful, listen to Bach or Beethoven (my favorite composers for sure!)

Basically anything without a typical formula or structure.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 4:56 AM
-->
Heavy/progressive metal, and good ol classical.

Savatage / Trans-Siberian orchestra is probably the best specific example.

Local time
Today 8:56 AM
-->
My favorites are:
-old country
-bluegrass
-new age
-international
-jazz/big band
-piano/ragtime
-concert band pieces
-alternative rock
-rock

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Joe13414

ENTPlease kill me
Local time
Today 8:56 AM
-->
Sludge, Stoner, Punk, Grunge, Classic Metal
Psychdelic, Classic, 80s, powerpop
Pink Floyd, Beatles, Metallica, Witchcraft, Electric Wizard and Nirvana (older mix)

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
Today 10:56 AM
-->
dubstep/electro
-most emotive genre we've come up with yet, seemingly the most flexible too but there's vicious pitfalls to be had there that i'm still grappling to accept.

melodic death metal/metalcore/progressive/neoclassical
-was in a metal band, can't unhear the music now and there's nothing like a ripping solo to put the cherry on a dark melody.

hip-hop and rap
-grew up with it, it keeps me in touch with the regulars and is rather formulaic when it comes to "hits" which is a boon cause there's only tempo and flow to digest but whatever logic of mine i put here won't satisfy i guess.

house music
-this is good shit, especially progressive house, that 10 minute shit that builds on the same initial beat without being trance music, much lower tempo here, seems to go down well when drunk so i guess that's why it works in the clubs here.

pop
-the cream rises to the top, unlike hip-hop/rap but that's for another day.

generally anything goes though as long as it's "good"

Ericbarker306

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:56 PM
-->
My favourite genre is rock n roll, my favourite band are 70s classics
I also like jazz, funk, and disco.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 4:56 AM
-->
I like all genres, least favorites are Opera and Rap and some Country. But I will occasionally find something in those genres that I can enjoy. Tops are old 30s and 40's blues, dixie, folk, classic rock, hawaiian, classical piano and flute, and jazz.

Top Bottom