• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What exactly is worth talking about?

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Yesterday 11:56 PM
-->
I'm curious for your opinion on whats worth talking about. This whole "world ending disease" has really shifted my attention and almost complete has taken over what I'm thinking about moment to moment. And well, it makes sense from a logical point of view, because things could potentially get worse. I've started watching Netflix to distract myself, an activity I almost never do. It has made me wonder about what is worth talking about. Something that would put our immediate health in question is definetly worth talking about so I'm not that confused as to why Covid-19 is in my mind a lot. It's just that I've been alone in my home for so long that it makes me wonder if anything is worth talking or thinking about, life seems to be fine right now, so I'm thinking, as long as I am making enough money, I might as well be thinking about fuck all. Please- get my what is your model for engagement?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Im really curious as to how people handle all of the negative media.
I've done my best to avoid all of the trans movement, pc bullshit, the small amount I have seen makes me seriously homicidal. I dont understand how people can see all of the toxic behavior, and not want to hurt them. Perhaps im just far more disagreeable, I just dont know how you can not be stressed out, and mad, about things happening.
imo, when people stop acting civilized, thats when you return their aggressive behavior, amplified.

The world feels loud and insane.
Other people make me feel crazy.

I dont understand how anyone could have any attachment to our society or life. If you actually care, you will be infuriated by the stupidity, and complete disregard for people. The only option seems to be dissociate and laugh at the fucking idiots who still care.
There are 9000 hoops to anything meaningful, meanwhile, the people fucking over everyone, have everyone in their pocket, and have very few hoops to jump through.
Its like the ship is split in half, sinking, on fire, and there are still people steering the ship.
its over.
good try.

Our legal system, of being civil, and not outright murdering evil people, seems to do more harm than good. An evil person does some evil shit, they make massive amounts of money, and there is so little backlash. You are only punished in this country, if you are poor. Im not sure when money became more important than honor, but, we are way past that point.

summary: everything seems terrible, there is no justice, how the fuck do you still care?

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
@peoplesuck Even if you disapprove of the acts of lets say a tribe in your area (lets just say this tribe is the "mainstream",) that doesn't mean that there are other tribes of people that aren't worth saving, or that other tribes can't take control of whatever the initial tribe is doing. Your approach is kind of the "throw the baby out with the bathwater" variety. It seems like you don't think that all people aren't worth saving, which who knows may be the case- but I think that type of judgement is beyond me, much like deciding whether "evil" people should die, if I had the choice I would put cruel offenders to death (it cost a lot of money to kill them humanly though,) or indefinitly in jail (this cost money too, and these days the capitalist have gotten their hands on the prison system.) This is overridden however by the judgement that I don't think that any ONE human can make that judgement.

We all live in a bubble you should really change yours, or change your attitudes to the one you already have. (this isn't passive aggressive, attitudes are really important and effect our perceptions.) You like laughing at people, don't you? You can only really get mad if you think this small group of people are somehow affecting large scale change, which I'm sure I would've heard about if they were. Gimmie an example of groups of people affecting anything outside the scale of their institutions plz.

I am extremely detached, though an optimist for a future state of affairs, and I realize that the path to happiness is holding on to certain ideals. If I don't think anyone or anything is worth saving, then how can I honestly believe that I am worth saving?

Glass half full kinda person, but at the same time expect the worst. I find it fucking splendid that we have not regressed into chaos already. In a world like ours the idea of fair may seem like a joke (for christ's sake the other day I saw a video where a Cheeta/lion was eating a baby fauna from the womb of their dead mother.) suffering has been the default mode. Society is the only thing that has insisted that things do not have to be this way. Though some have just used society and organization in general to line their own pockets and pantries, very few people will actually go out of their way to ensure your suffering, and when they do, it's just business or ignorance. It's the lamest excuse of the century, and there are predatory sharks out there (BoA, scammers, thieves) but rarely will people go out of their way to commit harm if they don't need to, and if they do so, is usually because society has failed them.

Everything we have, everything that works right now, has been built on the death of trillions. Your time on Earth is a microsecond in comparison, but fuck man, any shred of happiness you've ever felt can be attributed to maybe millions of people paving the roads of tomorrow. It's silly to think you can just gaze at whatever experiance you have and make a judgement that society has failed. We have eliminated so much suffering over the last few hundred years. If you think that we are headed in a bad direction (it is possible) then explain why. For me most importantly, it is holding people accountable. That is the last peice of the pie we need to achieve. That Epstein shit is fucking wack yo.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 4:56 AM
-->
Me too, I've not focused on anything in the past few days.

This is primarily an experience rather than a discussion, at least in the sense we know what will generally occur, the length and the results it produces worldwide.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
Yesterday 9:56 PM
-->
I have been in survival brain mode for the last few weeks. Everything that was once semi stable has been thrown into limbo. Some of it because of Covid-19 and some of it simply because of bad timing.

I have some close friends and I socialize a fair amount. I mean, probably very little compared to the average extrovert but enough to keep me mentally and emotionally healthy.

I can't do it anymore though because I'm emotionally exhausted. So I have been letting my brain wander and watching stupid cooking shows. Or listening to brain candy audiobooks. I am definitely in full distraction mode but I don't actually have much down time to indulge. Too much to do between working from home and managing a very busy 4.5 year old with no preschool to distract him.

What is worth talking about? INTPs take our brainpower a little too seriously. Let it go. Give the lizard brain some peace and watch stupid tv. This virus thing will pass. We can be smart and heady another day.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I feel this might have been the wrong time to quit nicotine. It's made the isolation 3x more depressing.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
Yes this is very much an experience that is being imposed on us, as like with any natural disaster, we have no real control over the situation. Maybe it's just because I have safety nets, but the media is not draining to me in an emotional sense- drained in the way of me being hyper vigilant of what's happening, though I'm starting to go the other way (These daily press conferences that are over an hour long say nothing that I haven't already read.)

So at this point it seems (surely due to circumstances) that anything that would relive stress would be worth talking about? I made the thread while I was a little snozzled (redbull and vodka go great together,) so excuse any lack of clarity.

Perhaps we are fighting Darwinism when we look for any distraction from this situation, but the news doesn't seem to be moving at a fast pace in terms of new information. I think I would be happy if I found a good feed, set alerts and forget about it, just try to relax. As stated already, we are not in control, we may influence things in a minute matter, but there is no point in worrying about things we have no control over. The only issue is that no matter where you go you will be reminded of the situation. What a shame.

Here is a cute pup
1585093934839.png

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
This pandemic hasn't changed what's worth talking about, it's only made us more conscious of it. As the bodies pile up around the world, even the most short-sighted of us can't but perceive that he is mortal, that the narrow field of his personal desires and frustrations isn't all there is, that there is an "undiscovered country" beyond the horizon of his temporal wants and worries, that we belong to something greater than ourselves that we see now only as if "through a glass, darkly." If this won't motivate one to, as far as he is able, transcend his "frame of reference" to reveal aught which lies under the shimmering veil of his parochial experiences and reconcile himself to it, then nothing will. Philosophy, as Socrates said, is preparation for dying.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Most of the stuff that goes on in our lives happens at the cellular level. All the silly little ideas we get in our brains are all irrelevant. ’Tis what I’ve learned from all this.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
@peoplesuck Even if you disapprove of the acts of lets say a tribe in your area (lets just say this tribe is the "mainstream",) that doesn't mean that there are other tribes of people that aren't worth saving, or that other tribes can't take control of whatever the initial tribe is doing. Your approach is kind of the "throw the baby out with the bathwater" variety. It seems like you don't think that all people aren't worth saving, which who knows may be the case- but I think that type of judgement is beyond me, much like deciding whether "evil" people should die, if I had the choice I would put cruel offenders to death (it cost a lot of money to kill them humanly though,) or indefinitly in jail (this cost money too, and these days the capitalist have gotten their hands on the prison system.) This is overridden however by the judgement that I don't think that any ONE human can make that judgement.

We all live in a bubble you should really change yours, or change your attitudes to the one you already have. (this isn't passive aggressive, attitudes are really important and effect our perceptions.) You like laughing at people, don't you? You can only really get mad if you think this small group of people are somehow affecting large scale change, which I'm sure I would've heard about if they were. Gimmie an example of groups of people affecting anything outside the scale of their institutions plz.

I am extremely detached, though an optimist for a future state of affairs, and I realize that the path to happiness is holding on to certain ideals. If I don't think anyone or anything is worth saving, then how can I honestly believe that I am worth saving?

Glass half full kinda person, but at the same time expect the worst. I find it fucking splendid that we have not regressed into chaos already. In a world like ours the idea of fair may seem like a joke (for christ's sake the other day I saw a video where a Cheeta/lion was eating a baby fauna from the womb of their dead mother.) suffering has been the default mode. Society is the only thing that has insisted that things do not have to be this way. Though some have just used society and organization in general to line their own pockets and pantries, very few people will actually go out of their way to ensure your suffering, and when they do, it's just business or ignorance. It's the lamest excuse of the century, and there are predatory sharks out there (BoA, scammers, thieves) but rarely will people go out of their way to commit harm if they don't need to, and if they do so, is usually because society has failed them.

Everything we have, everything that works right now, has been built on the death of trillions. Your time on Earth is a microsecond in comparison, but fuck man, any shred of happiness you've ever felt can be attributed to maybe millions of people paving the roads of tomorrow. It's silly to think you can just gaze at whatever experiance you have and make a judgement that society has failed. We have eliminated so much suffering over the last few hundred years. If you think that we are headed in a bad direction (it is possible) then explain why. For me most importantly, it is holding people accountable. That is the last peice of the pie we need to achieve. That Epstein shit is fucking wack yo.
Thinking everything is terrible, and nothing matters, isn't sustainable. I do realize that, people with this outlook don't last long, and they typically suffer from their own way of seeing things. Im working on it, I think you are right, i'm just being far too cynical and negative. My main issue, is that, our society really isn't as good as people make it seem, not for everyone at least. It isn't as bad as some, but its not the best either. There are major injustices happening, and people don't really care. I want people to die, for being evil. I would like to say I don't really feel that way, but I know I do, and I wouldn't mind being the person to do it.
If I were one of the people, being sold, abused, and raped, I would like to have the fucking murderous people on my side.
i'm not sure I fall into that category, since I haven't killed anyone, but yeah..
unfortunately, people are far too busy with their own lives, to worry about the people who are being fucked over. Im essentially worrying about the people being fucked over, and also not accomplishing anything for them, or myself.

Im not sure why, but lately i've been feeling incredibly antisocial, and my ability to empathize is not what it was. I think i'm just really depressed. Ive been quite aggressive and antisocial, I do apologize for that.
Im going to try to look at the bright side, and stop being such a downer. Its horrible for your health, to always focus on the negative.

I dont think you are trying to be passive aggressive or mean, Im glad you cared to respond.

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
Most of the stuff that goes on in our lives happens at the cellular level. All the silly little ideas we get in our brains are all irrelevant. ’Tis what I’ve learned from all this.

When will materialists learn that their notions of the dependence of big things on their smaller parts are no less silly than non-reductivism? When will they turn their analytical magnifying glasses on themselves and realize that they were wrong to presume that solid objects are independent of the mind that perceives them, firmness of the limb that feels it, colour of the eye that sees it? The 18th century called; it wants its Lockean metaphysics back.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 5:56 AM
-->
I actally think this is the time of the INTP. Systems break. People fall into despair. The furthest type from the ESFJ. I remember we used to talk about the INTP being the fundation of society. The system builders. So I'd say there is plenty to talk about. Every system that fall. Can be rebuilt better.

Am I wrong? Isn't this sorta the thing the INTP is made for?

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
My main issue, is that, our society really isn't as good as people make it seem, not for everyone at least. It isn't as bad as some, but its not the best either. There are major injustices happening, and people don't really care. I want people to die, for being evil. I would like to say I don't really feel that way, but I know I do, and I wouldn't mind being the person to do it.
I did read your entire post. The idea of truth is something that I've held on to. I realize that people do not care about how I feel, unless I have some sort of genuine reasoning- truth, even if you're just making it up, when people do not come out with a truth, it's usually because it is compromising in some way. Not all truths are true, not all weigh the same, and you are correct to not be satisfied with the status quo. Half the world is still in poverty. I'm too busy- barely able to get my own life on track (no help from society mind you.) To help other people- especially if I do not know the circumstances they have been in- is almost an insult and may do more harm than good. There is no such thing as overnight change, we can't go to Africa teach them all how to code and tomorrow have them be apart of the developed world- we must look at context. Sex trafficing was only outlawed in the US in 1875- Nazis were 'beaten' in 1945- you think these scum just disappear, stop procreating and dissolved their networks of awfulness- gaaahasljkoaswdf I'm in a bad mood now lol. Give this musical play a chance "Into The Woods." It's dated but I don't know I feel like it has good lessons in it. Draw some inspiration from wardrobe or something, then there is Bernadette Peters who atm is a total gilf, perfect for your taste.

When will materialists learn that their notions of the dependence of big things on their smaller parts are no less silly than non-reductivism? When will they turn their analytical magnifying glasses on themselves and realize that they were wrong to presume that solid objects are independent of the mind that perceives them, firmness of the limb that feels it, colour of the eye that sees it? The 18th century called; it wants its Lockean metaphysics back.
I don't know what drug your on but I want some. Are you implying that I and the chair I'm sitting on are the same thing?

I actally think this is the time of the INTP. Systems break. People fall into despair. The furthest type from the ESFJ. I remember we used to talk about the INTP being the fundation of society. The system builders. So I'd say there is plenty to talk about. Every system that fall. Can be rebuilt better.

Am I wrong? Isn't this sorta the thing the INTP is made for?
I'm pretty sure INTP are the people you call to avoid this sort of thing from happening- clearly a failure on their part. Or maybe the XXTJs have just shown how incompetent they are.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 5:56 AM
-->
I'm pretty sure INTP are the people you call to avoid this sort of thing from happening- clearly a failure on their part. Or maybe the XXTJs have just shown how incompetent they are.
Since it's happening. The Intps must have been asleep. Or put in the basement. But the INTPs should be able to avoid anything happening if given the oppotunity. And rebuild where necassary. As was my point. Wow. Being in control.

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
I don't know what drug your on but I want some. Are you implying that I and the chair I'm sitting on are the same thing?

-_- No. I'm saying that the chair is not independent of the conditions of its appearance, including the intellectual synthesis of sense-impressions (visual, auditory, proprioceptive, etc.) that make the perception of such a thing as a chair under your arse possible. In other words, though you are not the chair, neither is the chair independent of you. You are connected to the chair by a relation of mutual dependence, or reciprocity, though this is not to be understood as a mechanical relation of mutual support, for you are not spatially distinct from the solid objects that you perceive. The objects rather inhere in you, comprise the contents of your psyche or self. The one and the many, the spiritual and the material, are co-extensive, two aspects of the same reality.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
I'm saying that the chair is not independent of the conditions of its appearance, including the intellectual synthesis of sense-impressions (visual, auditory, proprioceptive, etc.) that make the perception of such a thing as a chair under your arse possible.
Ahh... I see. Groundbreaking. I do think this concept of universilism (not used correctly but IDC) would do the world good, maybe make people more mindful but idk I personally think this path leads to seeing superficiality in it. Sure there is a sense of wonder in it, and maybe it's just arrogance speaking but, is what is wonderful at one point no dull in another? (edit: I realize this is major tangent)

Since it's happening. The Intps must have been asleep. Or put in the basement. But the INTPs should be able to avoid anything happening if given the oppotunity. And rebuild where necassary. As was my point. Wow. Being in control.
Well If we're looking at this in term of personalities, those which are in power didn't take a danger seriously and it has bit them in the ass. You could make this argument for every personality that does not correspond with those in power, and I'm sure many are to blame, though maybe not proportionally. It would be a matter of "intps" changing behavior and being more assertive and outspoken, whatever it takes to convince other types to follow a certain agenda. Imo it's just that economics blinded people to a horrible potentiality.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 10:26 AM
-->
It has made me wonder about what is worth talking about. Something that would put our immediate health in question is definetly worth talking about so I'm not that confused as to why Covid-19 is in my mind a lot.

Everything assimilated is automatically subsumed by experience. You don't use your experience until required.

Yubbie

Local time
Today 12:56 AM
-->
Luke 6:45

“A good man brings forth good from the good treasure that is in his heart and the evil man brings out evil from the evil treasure that is in his heart. For the lips speak from the fullness of the heart.”​

No sooner that a man opens his mouth and begins to speak is his breath carried away into the wind.

A baby bird when it has first broken out of its shell and entered life chirps for care and having received it and later gaining its maturity learns to sing.

A farmer not knowing which of his crops would fail sows a variety of seed all season long.

Two zealous men had a conversation lasting until the evening, and both being in agreements the guest departed home and each man went to bed feeling well about himself. The next day the two men had an argument lasting until the evening, the guest departed and each man being angered went to bed with difficulty.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 10:26 AM
-->
I am surprised how so many people are complaining about suddenly having lower productivity levels. I am experiencing dumbness since the inception of this pandemic. Some kind of slothfulness has crept into me and I just feel unwilling to do a lot of things.

Not just that, the lockdowns are changing my social perceptions about myself because so few people to really observe and interact with, I am kind of losing touch with my physical age, so I feel because I believe that I am missing out maturing socially because of not being able to step outside the confines of my house for too long.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 3:56 PM
-->
How to be the best you can be.

Top Bottom