• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What is the point of killing mosquitos?

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
Today, 17:24
After they have already bitten you? Isn't it just a response born of anger or irritation? Would such a response be appropriate for a dog bite or a cat scratch?

I ask because I have heard numerous vegans claim it is wrong to needlessly kill animals yet they will happily kill all insects and other vermin with the reason given that they are a health/safety concern. But such aan argument only works if you are pre-emptively killing the offending animals or you believe that the offending species of animals can learn to avoid humans through some sort of capital punishment.

washti

pablo
Local time
Today, 09:24
Cause they will likely bite you again.
Lyme desise is from ticks but not all ticks are carriers. How you can be sure that is the same insect and that is free of bacteria/virus?
So even after one bite killing is still pre-emptive

Also dogs who had rabies or susppected for having it are killed. In my country it's forbidden to treat them at all.

Cats often are kept outside profilactically or given to other members of family when pregnant woman is in house. Toxoplasmosis being dangerous for develiping fetus.

Most beloved pets are rarely that dangerous in developed countries.

Humans have instinct to kill insects, snakes and rodents. Survivalist assumption of plague and poison carriers.

As a kid I saw kitten getting sick and diying after eating rat.( I saw him eating it) Idk if it's for sure cause rat but my brain connected it and rats are now nothing more but total dirt and scum. And ppl who own them too.

The only way for any rat to rehabilitate their murky reputation is to become lab rat. Spending their all earthy days with open skull- chip in brain. Being useful. If not, death is the only solution.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:24
After they have already bitten you? Isn't it just a response born of anger or irritation? Would such a response be appropriate for a dog bite or a cat scratch?
I prefer to squash mosquitoes before they bite me and I believe this is true for most people but they're stealthy little buggers and even once one has fed and is no longer a direct threat I'm still going to squash it because I know it needs that blood to reproduce and create more mosquitoes.

Top Bottom