• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

What is the true nature of Introversion?

Animekitty

I am all of my perception (666)
Local time
Today, 10:29
What is Introversion really?
I do not talk to myself in my head.
I do not see things in my head.
I seem to feel nothing in my body.
The only thing I get is like / dislike preferences.
I do not have the traits steeming from introversion it seems.

I have a question:
What is introversion all about.
Thanks

machine1000

bow mortals
Local time
Today, 12:29
maybe your just depressed....i feel like i live inside my head. occasionally breaching out of the water into reality. even the external is merely data for the inside. i saw a homeless guy the other day and i went and sat down next to him. not because i gave a crap. but because he looked like an interesting source of input

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time
Today, 17:29
I feel like that’s an idea everyone of us sometimes gets - the anticipation that a bum has wisdom since they have been living on the street and observed the world, accumulated deep insights. In reality they are just dumb-ass bums, and that’s why they are living on the street to begin with lmao

rlnb

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:29
I do not talk to myself in my head.
I do not see things in my head.
Your inner thought and feelings need not have a verbal or visual from. The fact that you spend a lot of time 'inside' and prefer to do so is the sign of introversion.

A better way to look at it might be inward facing attention vs outward facing attention.

Animekitty

Local time
A better way to look at it might be inward facing attention vs outward facing attention.
The problem is I do not know what part of me is facing inward and what part of me is facing outward. My attention all seems to be outward-facing attention. (or basically I cannot tell in from out attention)

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time
I think it’s when your brain works as a recurrent neural net. I.e. when you have a thought in your brain, that thought can go back into your brain for assessment, and then that assessment can be assessed and so on. I.e. you don’t need another person to respond to your thoughts.

A wacky thought I just had while waiting for my sushi.

Animekitty

Local time
I think it’s when your brain works as a recurrent neural net. I.e. when you have a thought in your brain, that thought can go back into your brain for assessment, and then that assessment can be assessed and so on. I.e. you don’t need another person to respond to your thoughts.

Often I tell people my mind is stuck all the time. That could be a lack of recurrence? I feel horrible sitting around doing nothing like I am now. I wish I could hold thoughts in my mind and work with them. I cannot self respond all too well.

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time

Often I tell people my mind is stuck all the time. That could be a lack of recurrence? I feel horrible sitting around doing nothing like I am now. I wish I could hold thoughts in my mind and work with them. I cannot self respond all too well.
Stuck in what sense?

Animekitty

Local time
Stuck in what sense?
I try to think and it doesn't happen.
I try to hold a thought and I can't.
Thinking is just something I have a problem performing.
Everything goes black when I even begin to try to get a thought to go recurrent on itself.

I have a static blank mind. Nothing comes up. Unable to mentally manipulate thought.

I think out loud to other people. No internal thought happens for me.

I sit in bed, and nothing happens.

Animekitty

Local time
I think I understand how recurrency works.
You either look directly ahead or to the periphery.
On target or off-target or no target.
Release of anxiety or buildup of anxiety.
It begins with the center and periphery.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
I never understood really what is introversion or extroversion. More or less I get the idea how we supposed to act if or why its this and not that, but for whatever reason the concept seems shallow and neglect more important factors.

I mean what is the relationship with introversion and extroversion related to

agression
reaction time
impulsivity
social skills

and what about for example the fact some people are hyperreactive to one kind of stimuli and hyporeactive to other kind of stimuli.

I mean are generally introverts more observant or extroverts more observant and if so why. If there is no difference why introverts need so much more warm up time.

rlnb

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:29
The problem is I do not know what part of me is facing inward and what part of me is facing outward. My attention all seems to be outward-facing attention. (or basically I cannot tell in from out attention)
I have a static blank mind. Nothing comes up. Unable to mentally manipulate thought.

What you describe : a blank mind devoid of thought , an absence of separation between inside and outside etc can be signs of transcendence.
In what way is this causing a problem? An absence of thought i would presume would result in great peace and joy.

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time
Stuck in what sense?
Everything goes black when I even begin to try to get a thought to go recurrent on itself.

I have obviously no clue what I'm talking about but to me that sounds like a noradrenaline issue (or some other neurotransmitter relating to focus). What happens if you drink coffee?

Animekitty

Local time
What you describe : a blank mind devoid of thought , an absence of separation between inside and outside etc can be signs of transcendence.
In what way is this causing a problem? An absence of thought i would presume would result in great peace and joy.
When I cannot think I get anxiety about it. My head does not clear up at all. Maybe I need to meditate.

I have obviously no clue what I'm talking about but to me that sounds like a noradrenaline issue (or some other neurotransmitter relating to focus). What happens if you drink coffee?
I drink coffee and energy drinks sometimes but I do not get a buzz that high.

My metabolism (liver/kidney) flushes toxins real fast. At the dentist, the dentist was doing another patient and the numbness of the anesthetic wore off in 20 minutes when it should have lasted 20 hours and they had to reapply it to me. I did not get hurt or anything, it wore off when she first applied it and took off to the other patient and I told her to reapply it.

moody

Local time
Today, 09:29

Dude. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

This probably isn't "introversion." It sounds like the symptoms of extreme, chronic fatigue; this can cause neurochemical imbalances in dopamine and seretonin (your "rewards system") and make your mental organization and processing complete wack. You cannot respond to people the same way when these systems are down, so it will feel or look a lot like social aversion or anxiety.

What are your sleep cycles like? How much do you sleep, how much do you wake up at night, how much do you dream, and do you have any sleep disturbances? (I.e., sleep paralysis, hypnogognic hallucinations, etc).

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today, 09:29
Since life is about breathing air, introversion/extroversion can be traced to organisms’s breathing patterns in the grand design. Everything has pretty much been determined already, multiverses included, so all that karma and interactions have happened already, in order for anything else to happen. Through breathing, in other words talking when you talk, can determine how a multiverse will play out. Everything is a piece of the puzzle. People play their role as E or I, being a dimensional representation of ideas. History can be said to be constantly being defined, toward the future, although that isn’t the same as history being erased or altered in anyway. We all know what intelligence is or the potential it has, despite anyone trying to define it their own way or make it mean what they want it to mean. You don’t have to be the sandwich board or tin foil hat man, nor the man in isolation on a mountain seeking enlightenment or the answers.

Say there’s a girl sitting down. You can talk to her, or not. Directly, there’s more a chance of anything being faster whereas indirectly, it makes her approach you, then again, the “guy has to talk to the girl first”. It’s in someone’s best interest to not have expectations or force something, so that no one really knows what could happen so they don’t come off as desperate. If you don’t talk to her she threatens to talk to someone else instead. If you do talk to her, she can still talk to someone instead. So it doesn’t make sense, breathing isn’t really the only way to communicate a message. Most people didn’t study physics so use unrealistic and impossible expectations as proof that there’s some ultimate God or greener grass.

Animekitty

Local time
What are your sleep cycles like? How much do you sleep, how much do you wake up at night, how much do you dream, and do you have any sleep disturbances? (I.e., sleep paralysis, hypnogognic hallucinations, etc).
Cycles fluctuate day to night. I sleep as much as I need I stay asleep as much as I need. I dream but forget them. I do not have sleep disturbances.

Animekitty

Local time
I am trying to learn how to listen. It seems to be working, I have much better clarity of the senses. What I learned is ho to let go and go into my core. Music is so much louder. It allows me to feel it emotionally. I just have to let go. to listen. Feels warm and tingly. and moving slowly yet mindfully.

I am generating energy/awareness from the inside and it helps me absorb outside energy.

Top Bottom