• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What is your IQ?

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
Today 7:59 PM
-->
Was that a typing error? The sake you linked to date 201 is the maximum. I know the world record in the Guinness Book of Records is 228, but that record want kept after 1990 as they are considered too unreliable. Most tests don't even go over 150 because it's so absurdly rare as to pointless to test.

I tested 137 as a child and was offered a place in some school for the gifted, but my mother didn't want me to go to boarding school (or so she says anyway; I suspect exaggeration). If asked, I usually say 132 because that was my last year result about 5 years ago or so. Not that it makes any difference, though, apart from minor bragging rights on threads and a few skills that I've been too lazy or scatter brained to properly put to use.

LOL I don't have an IQ of 231!!!!
I was trying to be cryptic but evidently failed with my intention :x
If you look down the table I linked (I edited it to make it more clear in original post now), in far right column 1/X, you find that 1/231 people are likely to have the same IQ as me according to the data.

It's 142 as per documentation. Probably somewhere in the 130s now since I left uni a number of years ago and abused my brain by playing WoW

My IQ as a kid was higher too, and I was dragged to all kinds of Crufts shows for gifted offspring. Yuck.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
I find IQ overall a very bizarre concept. It's like talking about how much weight you can lift by using some super-vague predictor like the circumference of your grandfather's bicep. I'm more interested in whether you have actually ever lifted a weight and how heavy it was.

Or possibly using an internet scale to predict your maximum lift. For example, I can bench 160lbs in sets of 7, and the internet says that means my maximum lift is 192lbs. Although that analogy doesn't work - because I actually can and have benched 190lbs.

While weight lifters can use that measurement to track progress, it doesn't actually tell you anything about overall strength. Only one muscle set. So in a way, that is the same as IQ. But that's too specific
I'd liken IQ to a measurement one lifter used which was your one rep max of bench, squat and deadlift added together. Can lead to some interesting numbers (of which, mine would apparently be 755, but that's calculated based on rep numbers and tells you nothing about practical strength and completely ignores cardiovascular fitness or power to weight ratios.)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:59 PM
-->
LOL I don't have an IQ of 231!!!!
I was trying to be cryptic but evidently failed :x
If you look down the table I linked (I edited it to make it more clear in original post now), in far right column 1/X, you find that 1/231 people are likely to have the same IQ as me according to the data.

It's 142 as per documentation. Probably somewhere in the 130s now since I left uni a number of years ago and abused my brain by playing WoW

My IQ as a kid was higher too, and I was dragged to all kinds of Crufts shows for gifted offspring. Yuck.

No, I am pretty sure you being cryptic was a success, LOL.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 4:59 AM
-->
I recently interacted with a rly dum person

down to 165

im esfp now

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
and abused my brain by playing WoW

Heh, ain't that a thing.

Vanilla WoW really was something. I haven't played for a long, long time now - but back in vanilla I was about as hardcore as you can get; at one point I found myself unemployed for a couple of months (finished training / applying for jobs) and I swear I was wasting at least 18 hours a day on the thing. Mainly listening to hardcore music, furiously 'grinding' to get to 60.

I look back and shake my head in shame. I could have spent all that time improving myself - but no.

Bittersweet. On one hand I resent my past self for wasting such a huge amount of time. On the other hand, I sure as heck enjoyed it :ahh:

HDINTP

Local time
Today 8:59 PM
-->
IQ can be a fascinating thing. It might indicate some type of brain power, but certain types of understandings might be lacking. IQ is certainly not a final answer to someone's understanding and abilities. It's probably biased to people who think in a way that's compatible to the thinking underneath IQ tests. Richard Feyman's Iq was said to being in the 120s, but his contribution to understanding and knowledge was much greater. Maybe there is a general correlation that's valid, but I think there are exceptions where someone would be much brighter than what an IQ test could indicate. IQ tests shows a certain type of brain power, one does not necessarily correlate to understanding, but often does

Anyways, I did an WAIS at some point as well (or was it wais). The only results I can remember right now are working memory being 100 and processing speed being 140. I can try finding my results again tomorrow, but a lot of my things are packed away (I took a look and my things are very heavily burrowed, so I wont be able to find them)

Oh, and I'm probably ENFP

Amusing. I would be willing to give myself as an example. I have been tested. Believe it was before I even entered school and psychologist told my mother that "He is not going to be at top of his class" (trying to be polite). If I remember correctly she even managed to "estimate" my IQ to be somewhere in 70's (like almost intellectually disabled :)). Then of course I have gone to be at the top... :D

Then again where finally my teacher stepped in and talked to my mother where they came to the conclusion it is a nonsense....

But it is true I managed to score really low on some tests throughout my life (Not like I would be trying to compare myself to Feynmann...:D). And no I have no Savant syndrome. I think the thing is I am way more Synthetically gifted than analytical (especially intuition since I am not into arts much and as far as other forms of creativity go I think I possess great imagination). Basically when it comes to art it is ok until I have to take physical action really.

I am in no sense mentally retarded as a whole though I have abilities spread on both sides of extreme.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 12:59 PM
-->
Mbti: intp (most of the time)
IQ: every time I take an IQ test, it fucking says error. Like a fat person on a scale, the numbers are just way too high.

Nebulous

Local time
Today 2:59 PM
-->
I had to take a ton of tests for school (they were seeing if I could be medically excused for shit blah blah) but part of the tests included IQ ,,
Results said I had a 130-something IQ

Idk how valid that is
Or if it's scored on a child scale or something cuz I was 15-16 when I did that

Yo double checked it's 129

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Whenever I talk to somebody and discover they have a sub-130 IQ I spit in their face and walk away.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Whenever I talk to somebody and discover they have a sub-130 IQ I spit in their face and walk away.

Free range rude, bb

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Such a sophisticated approach to life.. (I really hope you are kidding here).

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
(quick research)

INFJ

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
after interacting with Nebulous i've gotten smarter

up 2 166

i'm now an estj

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I am good at doing one task well.
But I am bad at switching between tasks.
Processing speed is switching between tasks.
My friend went to fighter jet school for 6 months.
He can play video games and watch two videos at the same time.

But the person with an IQ of 170 said I seem to him to have normal processing speed. When I did the PS subtest I used a pencil. I have bad dexterity and that can affect results. I did this typing test and it says my typing IQ is 77.

77 is very low dexterity.
Maybe I am not slow but have bad dexterity.

Crce6ys.png

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
What is your grandma IQ? Tell the truth.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
That was GROOOOOSSSSSSSs Cognitant.

Local time
-->
I am a teenage INTP and I tested multiple times as 132-134. I don't really think I-Q is an accurate measure of intelligence though.

Local time
Tomorrow 6:59 AM
-->
It depends on my mood.._.;(if that even makes sense.)
But it should be average.. However sometimes I get a decent iq score such as 130 ish..but sometimes I get under 100 like maybe..90 ish ..sometimes it can also be average like 110 ish...is that weird..?._.;

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
what was mbti and IQ of Jesus Christ? :o

TransientMoment

_ _ , - _ , _ -
Local time
-->
^ I'd say neither were applicable. tbh, It's not like you have to be one type or another. Personality type seems to represent more how your brain feels comfortable working. If you're comfortable with people and being alone, you could be ambivert.

As for IQ, I think that's something that can be gained, so you'd have to ask for what the IQ was/is at such-and-such a time in life.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Just had a revelation from God. Jesus was ENFP IQ ~ 115. Holy Spirit is ~130 and Big Daddy God refused to reveal his data. Maybe if I pray more...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
^ I'd say neither were applicable. tbh, It's not like you have to be one type or another. Personality type seems to represent more how your brain feels comfortable working. If you're comfortable with people and being alone, you could be ambivert.

As for IQ, I think that's something that can be gained, so you'd have to ask for what the IQ was/is at such-and-such a time in life.

No, IQ cannot increase in one's life (at least fluid intelligence). People have tried to come up with ways that can raise someone's IQ. None have been successful.

Lurker

Local time
-->
what was mbti and IQ of Jesus Christ? :o

Can you test schizophrenics? It seems like the positive symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations would be too much noise, like testing in a nightclub. Negative symptoms, forget it. "*silence*...............*silence*.............'A?''a'...no no 'c'...'see you'...."

OH FORGET IT.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Can you test schizophrenics? It seems like the positive symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations would be too much noise, like testing in a nightclub. Negative symptoms, forget it. "*silence*...............*silence*.............'A?''a'...no no 'c'...'see you'...."

OH FORGET IT.

I don't think you actually know what you are talking about. The WAIS is meant to measure things verifiably, such as learning disorders and the like. Its still prolly possible to measure the IQ of someone who is Schizophrenic. It might be conflated if they are under heavy comatose or psychosis, not sure how that works exactly.

Lurker

Local time
-->
I don't think you actually know what you are talking about. The WAIS is meant to measure things verifiably, such as learning disorders and the like. Its still prolly possible to measure the IQ of someone who is Schizophrenic. It might be conflated if they are under heavy comatose or psychosis, not sure how that works exactly.

Wow. You read me like a book!

But you're right, I really don't know all about it. I know it is used to identify learning disorders. But, well, it's also used to determine IQ.

Sure, it's possible, but ideally you want an accurate result (or near accurate). Anyway, I'm just going with the assumption that Jesus is testing during a psychotic episode because the Bible never described a grounded Jesus.

I know more about this stuff than many people, to be honest: If you imagine yourself in an acute phase of a mental illness, it is very reasonable to assume that the running interference would negatively affect your performance. I was one class short (UGH) of a double major in psych and lit, but I said fuck it. Not saying that's much, but it is something, plus I've been tested twice, discussed others' tests, argued over J's test score, etc.

I have spoken with two school psychologists (middle, then high school) who each tested my goddaughter (for lack of a better term). She was extremely depressed -- almost mute, not "the blues" -- the first time she was tested. Oh yes, she also has Asperger's (ASD now). Anyway, her WISC cumulative score was 89.

Why?

-- Severe depression, retarded movements, near-mute depression obviously makes thinking difficult, period. Now, factor in the verbal aspect of the test. At the time, she was not yet diagnosed with Asperger's because a wise psychiatrist firmly stated, "Only boys have Asperger's." He and I argued. He treated me like I was a dumbass. O.K. :rolleyes:

Imagine how slow your processing speed would be, and how difficult verbal comprehension would be if you were this child. Remember too, the test administrator decides when to move on to the next question. The child cannot control how much time to spend on each question, nor can he or she go back.

Now, imagine how uncomfortable she was, knowing she was being evaluated live, based on her performance in a timed social setting. On top of that, she knew she couldn't do it. So, she gave up early on several sections.

Processing speed and verbal skills sucked. Visual spatial reasoning was much better. That all makes sense.

Anyway, high school score was 110. Hmm.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Wow. You read me like a book!

But you're right, I really don't know all about it. I know it is used to identify learning disorders. But, well, it's also used to determine IQ.

Sure, it's possible, but ideally you want an accurate result (or near accurate). Anyway, I'm just going with the assumption that Jesus is testing during a psychotic episode because the Bible never described a grounded Jesus.

I know more about this stuff than many people, to be honest: If you imagine yourself in an acute phase of a mental illness, it is very reasonable to assume that the running interference would negatively affect your performance. I was one class short (UGH) of a double major in psych and lit, but I said fuck it. Not saying that's much, but it is something, plus I've been tested twice, discussed others' tests, argued over J's test score, etc.

I have spoken with two school psychologists (middle, then high school) who each tested my goddaughter (for lack of a better term). She was extremely depressed -- almost mute, not "the blues" -- the first time she was tested. Oh yes, she also has Asperger's (ASD now). Anyway, her WISC cumulative score was 89.

Why?

-- Severe depression, retarded movements, near-mute depression obviously makes thinking difficult, period. Now, factor in the verbal aspect of the test. At the time, she was not yet diagnosed with Asperger's because a wise psychiatrist firmly stated, "Only boys have Asperger's." He and I argued. He treated me like I was a dumbass. O.K. :rolleyes:

Imagine how slow your processing speed would be, and how difficult verbal comprehension would be if you were this child. Remember too, the test administrator decides when to move on to the next question. The child cannot control how much time to spend on each question, nor can he or she go back.

Now, imagine how uncomfortable she was, knowing she was being evaluated live, based on her performance in a timed social setting. On top of that, she knew she couldn't do it. So, she gave up early on several sections.

Processing speed and verbal skills sucked. Visual spatial reasoning was much better. That all makes sense.

Anyway, high school score was 110. Hmm.

Yup, same thing happened to me that happened to this girl. I was tested in (I think) the WAIS. I did horrible apparently. That's why I mentioned comatose or highly psychotic. What I would give for the results of the test, but I can't seem to get them from anywhere. I should ask my parents about it tomorrow... I know my processing speed was abysmal, but apparently i did well on another section(s), not sure what they were.

Lurker

Local time
-->
Yup, same thing happened to me that happened to this girl. I was tested in (I think) the WAIS. I did horrible apparently. That's why I mentioned comatose or highly psychotic. What I would give for the results of the test, but I can't seem to get them from anywhere. I should ask my parents about it tomorrow... I know my processing speed was abysmal, but apparently i did well on another section(s), not sure what they were.

Hah. I relate. Let me tell you a little story: Okay, three of my friends were required to take an IQ test (f'ing WAIS, which allows subjectivity, no, is always a bit subjective), and anyway, all three received a score of 85! Same test administrator, different days. My best friend has an IQ in the 130s; I've seen the M-team files from her middle school. So, she hasn't suffered any brain damage, but she is poor, as are her two friends.

The jerk didn't even bother scoring the test because their scores either wouldn't be questioned, or he harbored some disgust for poor people....that's more than bias.

I really don't trust authority figures.

My amazingly poor processing speed and equally horrible spatial reasoning really killed my cumulative score. I'll post it in a minute. I took the WISC as a little kid, then the Stanford-Binet years later. Same overall score.

That was then. I've become much slower with age.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Hah. I relate. Let me tell you a little story: Okay, three of my friends were required to take an IQ test (f'ing WAIS, which allows subjectivity, no, is always a bit subjective), and anyway, all three received a score of 85! Same test administrator, different days. My best friend has an IQ in the 130s; I've seen the M-team files from her middle school. So, she hasn't suffered any brain damage, but she is poor, as are her two friends.

The jerk didn't even bother scoring the test because their scores either wouldn't be questioned, or he harbored some disgust for poor people....that's more than bias.

I really don't trust authority figures.

My amazingly poor processing speed and equally horrible spatial reasoning really killed my cumulative score. I'll post it in a minute. I took the WISC as a little kid, then the Stanford-Binet years later. Same overall score.

That was then. I've become much slower with age.

OK. I have to ask how this test compares to the SB you took. Not asking you to even take the test or pay for the score, just want to see how the questions compare.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 4:29 AM
-->
@Lurker
Yes, if you have impairments your IQ will likely suffer. Depressed people score a few points lower etc., but that's fine. Why?

Because IQ is a measure of function. It's not a measure of personal value. If your schizophrenia stops you from solving problems, then this will be represented in their IQ score and that's fine. Questions about what your IQ would be in the absence of such a condition are speculation only, and don't serve the same purpose as what the IQ test is designed for.

There could be an argument for variance in functionality within the same individual. For instance a bipolar individual might have a higher capacity to solve problems while 'up' and a diminished capacity while 'down'. All it is is an assessment of your problem solving capacity at a given moment. There is no such thing as 'true' IQ.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Engage in practicing puzzle-solving for a year and do some caffeine + glucose right before the test; I bet you can add 20 points to your IQ score

Lurker

Local time
-->
1st grade WISC:

Performance: 108
Verbal: 146

Comp: 131

Kid Stanford-Binet a few yrs. later:

Comp: 131

35-yr-old depressed me, WAIS blah:

Comp: 108 .... shocked. Called myself "stupid" and clutched my fists so tightly my nails cut my palms

Verbal: I was crying, don't remember

I'm kickass at Similarities, Vocab, and V. Reasoning. 134+ is a # I saw and committed to memory. Apparently my greatest gift is "abstract verbal reasoning; semantic knowledge."

Performance: Crying again

Spatial reasoning and processing speed = duh
Executive functioning best score at average. No rotten frontal lobe!

I want to utilize my strengths and actually appreciate them.

OK. I have to ask how this test compares to the SB you took. Not asking you to even take the test or pay for the score, just want to see how the questions compare.

I took it as a kid in '87 or '88...;)

I'll try to remember, but it won't hold up in court!

@Lurker
Yes, if you have impairments your IQ will likely suffer. Depressed people score a few points lower etc., but that's fine. Why?

Because IQ is a measure of function. It's not a measure of personal value. If your schizophrenia stops you from solving problems, then this will be represented in their IQ score and that's fine. Questions about what your IQ would be in the absence of such a condition are speculation only, and don't serve the same purpose as what the IQ test is designed for.

There could be an argument for variance in functionality within the same individual. For instance a bipolar individual might have a higher capacity to solve problems while 'up' and a diminished capacity while 'down'. All it is is an assessment of your problem solving capacity at a given moment. There is no such thing as 'true' IQ.

+1

We are of like mind, here.

Engage in practicing puzzle-solving for a year and do some caffeine + glucose right before the test; I bet you can add 20 points to your IQ score

Attachments

• smart.jpg
    smart.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 335

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 4:29 AM
-->
According to team-mates I'm a 1,000 IQ attack bastion.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
Team mates? Like co-workers?

My IQ is so high that they made me wear a helmet in school to contain all this brain power. I also rode on my own bus so the less gifted students wouldn't be intimidated.

Lurker

Local time
-->
Creeping Death said:
My IQ is so high that they made me wear a helmet in school to contain all this brain power. I also rode on my own bus so the less gifted students wouldn't be intimidated.

^5

No ball sports.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm actually drinking caffeine + L-theanine as we speak. Good stuff.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Gotta keep those inflated egos in check somehow

Lateral

Too busy thinking to make any decisions.
Local time
-->
It depends who you ask...

I've taken 4 different IQ tests throughout my life and gotten widely varying scores.

10 years: 134
17 years: 117
20 years: 119
23 years: 131

I don't normally talk about my scores, because frankly IQ is a bullshit way of measuring intelligence.

In my experience, and research on neuroplasticity seems to show this to some level as well, the brain can become smarter or dumber...

It boils down to this, if you do dumb things (watch too much useless video content, eat crappy food, smoke too much weed) your brain will be less effective.

If you do intelligent things (read non-fiction books, practice math or problem solving, practice a musical instrument, eat more proteins and healthy fats, exercise) your brain will be more effective.

I think the dip I saw in my teen years and early 20's can be directly associated with eating crap food and smoking a lot of weed. (I don't think weed is the devil, but it certainly decreases mental acuity).

Bizzo

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:59 PM
-->
105 on a Ravins Matrices test. 136 on a verbal cognitive based test where my visual processing problems are accounted for.

IQ doesn't mean much to me anyhow. Partly for the reason I just stated. I have an electrical engineer friend who is probably one of the smartest, accomplished and most logical people I know (progressive politics and extroversion aside lol) who for some reason or another did poorly on achievement or IQ tests in elementary and was branded a "retard" (they still used that word back in the 70s and 80s) until jr. high.

IQ is probably a solid metric to make population generalizations with and to study human progress (the 100 iq watermark gets bumped up every few years or so), but has no use to me as individual, other than making me feel "30 points smarter" than other people who were better at sports, art or anything else back in my teens and early 20s.

Do I wish it was higher and I was a bit quicker on the ball? Sure. But there are other things in life I would choose to improve first.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Using IQ as a predictor (e.g. of academic success etc) on an individual level implies treating a person as a random variable with an IQ + some random variation. Sometimes someone with a low IQ gets "lucky" and does well, but it's purely due to chance. That's a necessary interpretation for an outside observer because to them, your behavior cannot be predicted beyond what is expected from the IQ. But from one's own perspective, the IQ doesn't determine one's fate, because we can actively choose to go in particular directions. I can spend 4 hours watching TV today or I can spend them training my brain doing math or something. I have to make that choice regardless of my IQ. An outside observer gathering IQ stats en masse cannot know what I will do and has to rely just on that one number, wheras I have deterministc control (at least to some extent) over my trajectory.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
IQ is not supposed to predict behavior it is supposed to measure how much information you can calculate. How much you can mentally manipulate. Not if you will watch more or less tv, that has nothing to do with what can fit in your head, what you can hold in your head and do things with what you hold in your head.

IQ is about what you can do with what you can hold in your head, nothing to do with behaviorisms. I am 5"7' this predicts nothing about my behavior (watching tv) but tells me probably the size shirt I will buy. We cannot predict what a person will do with their mental capacity (holding and doing stuff in their head) but we do know how much fits in their head in the holding stuff and doing manipulations with what fits in there. That is all.

If you can hold a lot and manipulate it then you can solve problems better than people with less capacity. IQ is quantitative. It is seeing if you calculate more information than others.

Apparently, I am not a very good calculator.
But I was told once by a person with an IQ of 170 in 2016 my IQ is actually 118.

WISC Test 2000 age 12 (IQ) 125
Kaufman Test 2004 age 16 (IQ) 114
SAT (1471) 2006 age 18 (IQ) equivelent 148
WAIS 3 Test 2009 age 22 (IQ) 108
WAIS 4 Test 2015 age 28 (IQ) 113
WAIS 4 Test 2017 age 30 (IQ) 109

Last edited:

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Animekitty it was exactly my point that it doesn't predict behavior. But I'm also assuming that behavior is the only thing that ultimately decides one's outcomes. An IQ score has never passed an exam in a university. It is humans - engaging in certain actions - who pass exams.

Whether IQ measures one's capacity doesn't seem to change much either. You can always grow more neurons and new pathways which will increase your capacity. You'll never find a brain with a fixed number of bit slots it can use for memory like RAM in a computer.

If you're talking about speed, that's another misguided point, because we already know that electrical signals travel extremely slowly through neurons in the brain compared to for example silicone transistors. Speed of thought is purely dependent on the structure of neurons, how they are connected. And that, as we also know, is constantly changing as the brain continuously adapts to new challenges and learns new things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom