• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What movies are you looking forward to?

Old Things

I am unworthy of His grace
Local time
Today 1:51 AM
-->
I think the way you make this film a success is to make it NOT about plastic people. If there's some metaphysical or otherworldly quality to the movie, it might make for a decent film. But my presupposition at this point is that it's a cash grab to boost barbie sales and create a sort of contagion that we saw in the 80s with Cabbage Patch Kids. If that is all it is... I think it will bomb.
Despite the title, it's being written by two award-winning indie writers/directors, so yes I'd expect it to be more nuanced and complex.

(Have you ever heard of or seen some of these films:
- The Squid & The Whale
- Marriage Story
- Ladybird
- Frances Ha
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
- Little Women)

So yes, it's confusing. They're not the people who I would expect to be making this film if it is simply a cash grab.
TBH, there's probably more chance for it to "bomb" because it won't be a shitty cash grab film and the studio will mis-market the film.

But hey, there's always "The Apple Dumpling Gang" as an alternative viewing selection...

Seems like I am simultaneously giving the makers of the film too little credit and the general public too much credit. Ha!

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 2:51 AM
-->
Apple Dumpling Gang just doesn't cut it.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
The 1986 version of BLUE VELVET.
Criterion Collection movie. Watching soon.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 1:51 AM
-->
Always wanted to get into Dune. It seems alien for me to go through the movie adaptation to superior bookworm route, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun an excecise, seeing as what is cut is usually essential to the story, and what is being changed is made for the topical zeitgeist.

Other than that I'm not looking forward to anything, besides- well not a movie but Loki S2

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
I don't really read Glamour Magazine, but an article on how expensive it is to be a bridesmaid caught my attention, they say it can be as expensive as $900-2000 when you factor in air flights, hotel stays, dresses, gifts, etc, and no wonder nobody wants to be a bridesmaid.

Anyway, then I found their list of Halloween movies to look forward to.

Some that I like:
Muppets Haunted Mansion
Simpsons Horror Collection
Clue
Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Coco
Young Frankenstein
The Mummy
Dracula 1931
Witches of Eastwick
Bride of Frankenstein 1935
Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Frankenstein
The Wolf Man 1941

Hunchback of Notre Dame 1923

Frankenstein meets the Wolfman
anything with Bela Lugosi or Lon Chaney

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

oops, age restricted. Look for Down by Law with Tom Waits in it.

Top Bottom