• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What would you die for?

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 12:40 PM
-->
Y'know, besides going to great lengths to preserve your life. A person, an ideal, a way to break out of the cycle of cruelty?
What would you die for? If you could accomplish one thing thought to be impossible, would you die for it?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 7:40 AM
-->
depends entirely on my mood.
Sometimes I would die just for fun, sometimes for justice, sometimes out of anger.
preferably for good

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 7:40 AM
-->
I think the calculation of any set of circumstances/prerequisites for throwing ones life away would require too much... well calculation. I can say I would die for a cause that if unachieved, would mean a life not worth living, but that requires it's own set of calculations, like, at what point do I give up hope? What if I die for nothing and could've been more useful at some other point. The only way I could see myself taking this route is if I'm certain that I am going to die anyway.

I can see myself trading my life for others, but that would depend on a circumstance that would satisfy my sensibility. At what point does one say "fuck it" and do something like that without thinking, that is a probe-ier question.

Trolly problem, I can either save one important man or 100 infants, I perform some quick maths and throw myself at the point before the fork in the tracks to save myself from having to choose.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
Today 5:40 AM
-->
What fascinates me is the things I would consider dying for has shifted over the years.

I used to think I'd happily die for a couple of specific ideological causes. I used to see myself okay with dying to save a few specific humans.

These days I would absolutely die to save my partner or child but it has broadened to saving any unspecific child in danger.

I would die for a few ideological causes but they have shifted from broad "preserve the rights of all humans" to a more centered "preserve/build the opportunities and rights of downtrodden communities".

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 2:40 PM
-->
ten years of pure bliss

give me that

and ill br=low my brians outzies

aqroom.jpg

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:40 AM
-->
I won't die for anything bit if I'm already on the way out and there's nothing left worth living for I'll go out on my own terms.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 1:40 PM
-->
realistically i can see myself getting into such a head strong conflict with the hand that feeds me, that i would get myself killed. artistic differences you know. inferior Fe. don't want to gobble up their poisoned bread crumbs anymore. whether there is a heroic moral to that depends on how sane/insane either of the involved parties really are. hate to be that guy and try to find a more moderate, pathless path into insignificance, leaving no tracks. i am atheist but paranoid. i often fear the universe has had enough of me.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:40 PM
-->
game-theoretically speaking, if one is not ready to go all the way for certain principles, you are exposed to exploitation by an adversary.

for example if every person throughout history who was enslaved instead said: if you try to enslave me I will go full wild-style then you create a threat which needs to be considered. Otherwise it's a freeroll for the adversary.

Top Bottom