• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

what's the latest theories/ideas you have developed

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:19 AM
-->
what is the latest crackpot idea or theory you have come up with?
share it here

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:19 PM
-->
In the dating game fundamentally everybody needs the same thing (trust and emotional intimacy) but we're all very distractable and these distractions get in the way so we end up chasing what we want, what we find desirable, rather what love actually is. To overcome this people need to be aware of their distractable nature and intensely focus on what's actually important to them and communicate this to each other. In other words if you're with someone for any reason other than trust and emotional intimacy then they can't have that trust in you because you're just using them for what you find desirable.

Consider the classic sugar daddy relationship, older guy with money, young attractive woman, they both have reasons to desire each other however those desires also prevent them from trusting each other, they're not cooperating they're trading.
"I'll give you what you want but only if you give me what I want."

In an actual relationship both parties have a vested interest in what the other wants so there's no concern about whether a fair trade is occurring, no negotiating terms, both parties actively seek to improve the other's happiness because it improves their own.

ThousandTeethOfSun

Master of reading and walking at the same time.
Local time
Today 12:19 PM
-->
People extend themselves into objects and people and ideas and concepts and places they hold.
They do so by deactivating the part of the brain that makes the conceptual barrier between them and souroundings.

Babies can't tell the difference between them and other people. It only comes later.
Tools in brain are treated as an extension of the body.
People get really defensive of their safe spaces.
Halucigenics make ego death easily acquirable. You precieve universal "love"
Marriage- flesh of my flesh, bone of my bones, one body and soul.
Ideologies- I am an ideologist

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
that i am constantly mutating, reproducing and replicating.

i believe these three things are what drives a organism to survive.

although i heard somewhere that your genetic code does not change much in life.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
information comes from physical process.

or is reality purely physical and only my brain generates information about what has happened.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 7:49 PM
-->
I'm currently working on the overlap between pedagogy and (particularly distributed) leadership, with the intention of addressing some systemic issues in Early Childhood Education. I'm also working out some things about how to address gender imbalances in the workforce (96% female), and how to foster cultures that are resilient to the possibility of opportunistic child predation.

Longer-term, I'm trying to substantiate a push against the dominant post-modern zeitgeist in Australian ECE which I find shallow and insincere. Ironically post-modern ideas are mainstream in my professional space but somehow this exists in cooperation with pressures to not challenge these notions publicly. I think the norms for scientific literacy are too low, resulting in change comes through optically convenient opinion pieces far too often, rather than substantive evidence speaking to the benefit of stakeholders (e.g. children, educators, families etc.).

CuriousMonk

Local time
Today 3:49 PM
-->
Don't know how to explain it, but I had designed (partially learnt) a system which could help introverted people to become highly extroverted. Used it for a couple of years with great results. Even experimented it on other people. But, since last year, I've again reverted to my old habits of - introverted, lazy, awkward nerd.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
what is the latest crackpot idea or theory you have come up with?
share it here
Humans are replicators made of carbon.
HumanShapeReplicator.jpg

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Today 6:19 AM
-->
That aliens creepily watch us from another dimension, watching us fap/sex, and watching us when we think we are alone. That we are some kind of experimental evolutionary zoo for them and they will keep us here if we try to leave and when they get bored, they will just obliterate all life on Earth, maybe through a virus that makes people sterile or something of that sort.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
That aliens creepily watch us from another dimension, watching us fap/sex, and watching us when we think we are alone. That we are some kind of experimental evolutionary zoo for them and they will keep us here if we try to leave and when they get bored, they will just obliterate all life on Earth, maybe through a virus that makes people sterile or something of that sort.
With human dna

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Today 6:19 AM
-->
With human dna

How do you mean?

Top Bottom