• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What's Your AQ?

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
Today 5:11 AM
-->
No, not IQ or EQ. Your AQ or Autism Quotient.

I've lost count of how many times I've heard the word Asbergers thrown around (which doesn't actually exist anymore - it would be ASD 1, but that's irrelevant). I know a lot of people have had the suggestion given to them at some point so here is a test to see how far on the Autism Spectrum we actually are.

I score 32 points - which kind of borderline, really. Apparently, around 80% of people diagnosed with ASD (Austism Spectrum Disorder) score over 32.

https://psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
23/50, which means I'm in the clear.

Honestly, though. I'd expect INTx to score high on this thing.

Rixus

Local time
-->
I would expect so, too. But even if that is true, it doesn't mean anyone here (who has never been diagnosed with any ASD related disorder) actually has one. It;s a sliding scale that everyone is on somewhere. But it gets mentioned somewhere a couple of times a week but no one discusses it in depth, so I thought I'd bring the subject up.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
It's looking like my nephew (2 years old) is quite high on some scale or another. It's frustrating because to myself and others it has been glaringly obvious for a very long time, yet his parents are apparently entirely devoid of any ability to perceive that which is right under their noses.

A member of staff at his nursery recently got in touch to inform said idiots that my nephew is developmentally impaired in various areas (chiefly, he doesn't acknowledge people / interact with anyone at all - ever; he's far more interested in walking in to things, or making shit towers with building blocks).

This news came as a complete surprise, apparently. Meanwhile, everyone else in the family is all "MUR! DUUUUHUHURHURHUR! MEEEEEEEEEH!"

Fucking idiots.

I've been saying for ages I should just fucking tell them, but oh no - that'd cause too much of a stir. Which, to be fair, it absolutely would.

Fortunately he's now getting the help he needs.

-_-

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
Your score was 17 out of a possible 50.

Well then. Im not sure what this means.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 4:11 PM
-->
30. Only a little bit autistic. :kodama1:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
i am mostly convinced that my traits are anxiety based, not some sort of inborn oddity.
also clinicians have denied me an autism spectrum diagnosis on multiple occasions. i call it apathy/intimidation. the psychiatric term is shizoid (tendency). the typological term is e5.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Do you mean Schizoid Personality Disorder (which also no longer exists and is now categorised as Avoidance Personality Disorder with Schizoid tendencies)?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
not sure about DSM (american) but shizoid has a number in ICD-10 (still used in europe?). i haven't been diagnosed any of those (shizoid or avoidant). i have the pleasure of being undiagnosable. there is a number for that too! for mixed tendencies that do not clearly fit into any of the defined PD definitions.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
27/50, thing is I'm not so awkward, socially adept/comfortable nd if you met me irl you'd guess a much lower score. Hmmm. Like nanook when it comes to a psychologist I asked after taking some test at some point.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:11 PM
-->

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
The first car I bought for myself was an Alfa Romeo 147.

Just sayin'.

Rixus

Local time
-->
When I was 19, i was 6 foot 1 and exactly 147lbs.
It's true - I just wanted in on the randomness.

Sandglass

Pixelated
Local time
Yesterday 10:11 PM
-->
11/50

I've had people suggest that I might have aspergers (including my mom...) but I'm don't actually have any symptoms. I just don't like hanging around most people.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
14 because Highly introverted

Bad questions cannot seperate introvertedness from autisticness

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
i am mostly convinced that my traits are anxiety based, not some sort of inborn oddity.
also clinicians have denied me an autism spectrum diagnosis on multiple occasions. i call it apathy/intimidation. the psychiatric term is shizoid (tendency). the typological term is e5.

The school psychologist I went to skirted my every attempt to bring up diagnosis/testing and insisted my issues were social and improvable but I felt like she didn't understand the gravity of what I was telling her. I thought perhaps she figured I was trying to get an amphetamine prescription to abuse it or something, that or she was unqualified. I ended up not going to the last session. :slashnew:

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
How dafuq is my score the highest, other than OP??

Test is rigged. Russians again.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->

I'm actually diagnosed, though. So I guess you guys are shit out of luck

Rixus

Local time
-->
So... I scored higher than anyone who took this test, including those who are diagnosed? That's disconcerting.

Especially as my daughter is actually diagnosed with ASD 2.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I wouldn't worry about it, unless you suspect something like that interferes with your life. An actual diagnosis is longer than a short test. Even if you should have traits, it doesn't mean you're destined to do poor in areas of your life or will be unable to achieve your goals.

WhyNotIGuess

SEND hungry. I'm HELP
Local time
-->
Your score was 26 out of a possible 50.
Scores in the 26 - 32 range indicate some Autistic traits (Aspergers Syndrome).

But I don't know, most of the answers are things that could very much, some very likely, depend on so many other factors that it makes it hard for me to find the test trustworthy. Some people are the way they are not because of autism, but because of personal experiences.

Then again, the purpose of a test such as this is to give "advice", in a way. I suppose I'm not surprised some people with lower scores were diagnosed whilst others with higher scores weren't. Human beings are, truly, wonderful.

Nebulous

Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
25 but ugh- I don't know how to accurately answer questions like these.
They seem like an outside perspective would help. I'm not good at figuring out how others view me, and I honestly don't trust my own opinion on what the answers might be

Top Bottom