• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What's your favorite topic to study?

TransientMoment

_ _ , - _ , _ -
Local time
Today 3:46 AM
-->
I'm not looking for stats, I'm looking for your favorite topic. What do you like to study? And Why? Feel free to go into rambling detail (that includes rambling about the topic and/or about why you think the topic is interesting to you personally or interesting to humans in general).

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 2:46 AM
-->
Social engineering- no matter how well guarded something is or what systems and procedures are in place to protect it, if there is failure at the human level, that's all that matters. It could be anything from a salesman leaving your house with all your money leaving you confused and wondering why you now have 4 vacuum cleaners, to a guy walking right thru a checkpoint with dogs and armed guards with a bomb or a bunch of drugs.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:46 PM
-->
Management principles.
I'm not really sure why, I think the interest began when I got a project management degree (which I've never really used). I think it's driven by discovering that studying these principles also reveals truth about how the modern world operates and how I can leverage things by translating the lessons to my own work (consulting). I think I really just enjoy developing my lens with which I see the world.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Currently it's low-level programming languages like C. I consider this "real" programming as opposed to for example Python which essentially is just a scripting language. With C you cannot really program without knowing how a computer works - how its RAM operates and so on. To me there is something beautiful about a well-written low-level program. It feels like you are creating something pure.

Mxx

Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Human nature in general: psychology, sociology, anthropology, mythology, etc.
Also animal behavioral studies.

Top Bottom