• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Which type(s) are INTPs attracted to?

Which types are you attracted to?

• ENTJ

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • ENTP

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • ENFP

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • ESTP

• ESFJ

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • ESFP

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • INTJ

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • INTP

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • INFJ

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • ISTP

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • ISFJ

• ISFP

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters

Philosophyking87

It Thinks For Itself
Local time
Today 1:28 AM
-->
I think INTPs can reasonably fall in love with any type. But if we're talking about "long-term" lasting relationships perhaps, I'd have to say I tend to attract to INTJs and that my current wife of almost four years is an INTJ (although she's sort of balanced between INTJ and INFJ). Beyond that, I'd guess I'm probably attracted to INTPs (and maybe ENTPs, but that's pushing it, as I really can't stand extraverts). So pretty much, INTPs and INTJs for me.

My personal view of being in a long-term relationship with an INTJ is the following:

• a) both types are extremely introverted and individualistic, so that they tend to respect each other's need for plenty of privacy and "alone time." This leads to both being able to live autonomous lives with one another.

• b) both types are largely logical and rational, so that compromises can often be easily worked out to suit both parties, which reduces the amount of "irrational argument."

• c) both types are largely intuitive (and have dominant introverted functions) which leads to an abstract bonding coming from two extremely private worlds that are rarely expressed to others. This can make the relationship much more intimate, when both view the other as special confidants.

• d) both types tend to be "perfectionists" with extremely high standards for themselves and others, which can lead to both types pushing each other to become more competent in a way that is natural to each individually.

• e) both types are generally intelligent and analytical, and both tend to enjoy the other's intellectual stimulation, challenging debates, and generally contemplating many different issues together.

• f) both types almost equally avoid large numbers of people and instead prefer to spend lots of time either alone or with each other, which can lead to a high degree of comfort.

• g) INTPs tend to find the organizational abilities, drive to get things done, and decisiveness of INTJs appealing, while INTJs find the casual, spontaneous, and flexible natures of INTPs appealing.

Although, regardless of these pros, there are also a few important cons to this relationship:

• a) INTJs often want everything to be organized and scheduled, as time is a very valuable resource to them. When INTPs naturally resort to a care-free and spontaneous lifestyle, this can quickly agitate the INTJ.

• b) INTJs are often much more aware of clutter in their environment and will likely take time to clean up after themselves, while INTPs are often messy and disorganized, which can make an INTJ feel as though they are doing all the work in the relationship.

• c) INTPs tend to be very laid-back and easy-going people, so that they may see INTJs as "too serious" and "inflexible."

So overall, I think the pros greatly outweigh the cons. With INTPs being so extremely lazy and unassertive, the INTJs drive to get things done is a great compliment, while the INTPs ability to laugh at life often helps the INTJ take a break every now and then from all the constant worrying and stressful strategy of every day living. In my opinion, INTJs are probably better for INTPs than other INTPs, as they can create this compliment. Two INTPs would probably find that neither wants to do any more than the other, so that nothing ever gets done (but I wouldn't know in practice). So theoretically, INTP/INTP may or may not be a good match. I just personally tend to have low tolerance of other personality types to such an extent that I would think there'd be very little fussing going on in a relationship between two INTPs.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 11:28 PM
-->
Could you attach a socionics type to each of these?

There is no extra data needed to consider, other than your judgements themselves. Thus classification is logically possible with the data you have already.

Yea, sure.

The Attractive Socialite - ExFx
The Star - ESFp, probably ExFx also
The Weird Girl with Highlights that Likes Punk/Ska/Psychobilly etc - INFp
Adrenaline Rush Lover - xSTp
Competitive Tomboy - ESTp
Party Girl/Everyone's (Best) Friend - ExFp
The Shy Female:
Touchy - IxFj
Goofy - IxFp

To the best of my knowledge, and in my experience.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 6:28 AM
-->
INTPs? I don't know enough to say.

Me? I don't know. I know I like outgoing women. I know I like smart women. I know I like sensitive women. I know I like women who aren't judgemental. So I guess that means that I like ENFP women.

nettle

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:28 AM
-->
Well... I'm an INFP but as a few of you have deduced, we aren't types set in stone, we are individuals too - which lends some colour to a pencil sketch! So I just want to show why you shouldn't to be too categorical. I'm definitely, (no doubt about it), a book reading, cliche of an introvert - but frustratingly I'm an outgoing one, totally at ease with other beings, chatty. Which automatically makes me chronically misunderstood by extroverts who normally embrace me as a sister and then get hugely offended when I retreat to recover from their exhausting (but entertaining) shenanigans, 'she can't be an introvert' I AM!

I think it's easy to confuse people who are shy with people who are introverted. Two different breeds. You can get shy extroverts and introverts. Being shy is more likely to be about fear - being introverted is more to do with a recovery style in a way, a reaction to what energizes or depletes you.

I'm a feeler - yup but I am a million miles from clingy. I think actually a great many INFPs probably are. Pretty self contained (worryingly self contained). I can't handle very needy people. Give me some room to grow please fellow humans. Although I'm not a T, I am a whopping philosopher, I'm bound to be, I'm a nerdy book worm who ponders the big questions, which is why I lose my keys so often! I prefer 'big talk' to small talk. I prefer ideas and concepts and the abstract to celebrity hair and what to watch on TV. We are usually portrayed as 'fluffy dreamers' - lol... I'm so not fluffy, I am a dreamer though. I admit that I'm hard to get to know and I am romantic once you do know me, but in a conceptual way, not a handsy, demanding one. I'm more interested in psychology and discussing that, than I am in discussing literal feelings. I don't really like talking about my feelings with people.

I won't want to know where you are all the time, or who you're with or kick up a fuss if you want time alone for your own interests - to me that simply means that when we do meet up, we've got more to talk about.

I Love INTPs - just LOVE 'em. My favorite person in the world in an INTP - It's our conversations - epic wanderings in a vast sky of theory. And a lot of laughter, his humor is surreal and mine is dry - we spend a lot of time in childish giggles whilst having quite serious discussions. Quirk quota is brilliant. I do think that I admire him far more than he admires me. Sadly. That's OK though - I love minds - so I keep him in my life, not as a target to cling to or throw myself at (yuk). There's no point in attraction if it isn't requited, or mutual, but because I'd rather have someone who I can talk to that way on the outskirts of my life than an airhead who I got to sleep with in my inner sanctum... Grief, I really should rephrase that! Sex... physical attraction, not top of my list to be honest. Great, sex is well, great! I'm not immune. But a mental connection makes such things better and I'd rather go without sex than without great communication if I had to choose.

So... there y'go, not all 'I's are quiet all the time, not all 'f's are clingy or needy. Not all T's will be totally bored rigid by that whopping monologue Lol.

baccheion

Local time
Today 2:28 AM
-->
Wow, with this many votes the poll might be telling, though splitting by gender would've made it even better.

Yes: INTPs, ENTPs, and INFPs (, and maybe ENTJ and INTJ).

No: ISTJs, ESTJs, and ISFJs.

Top Bottom