• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why INTP women are amazing and A quick rant about MTBI tests

R3TR0

ESFJ(or perhaps maybe just an damaged and insecure
Local time
Today 7:08 AM
-->
So, I recently ran into a long-over thread: "Insecurities of an INTP female" and It got me thinking I should verbalize some thoughts they might enjoy hearing, as I find INTP women objectively to be the most attractive, and one of the weaknesses of the INTP are that they second guess themselves, while my biggest issue is that I rarely do such a thing. So it makes sense to me that they could gain a thing or two in the confidence deportment by reading an positve perspective of them.

Anyways I know this thread wasn't specifically about INTP women being unattractive to the opposite sex, but female insecurities encompass that, so I've written a love letter if you will to INTP women below(cringe wording, I know)

1.INTP women are attractive in the most unique ways. I've seen and observed many that I can only assume are INTP's by(I'm a visual detective, I am "supernaturally" attuned to all sudden movements around me, and I can also recognize facial expressions and tiny images; all without someone noticing) The fact that they don't put to much effort into the way the dress and look tells me that they aren't "high maintence or secularists". Instead of spending hours on make up and $100s on brand name clothes, they do something artsy with themselves(usually with their hair) They seem like a lot of fun to be around with, and they seem open to doing anything as long as doesn't involve taking the risk of being used by other people or getting humilated by them. Overall, they seem to care less about the status quo, which is great because I tend to want do and say things that are completely unconventional for middle class cis white males to be doing and saying.

2. INTP women are elusive, which makes them more special. I've been to 5 different high schools due to both my dad's job and stress issues. The closest I with a INTP Female was being an acquaintance, I always made jokes our math class and she would laugh at most of them, but she would make me feel stupid for being terrible at math and sometimes she would chew me out for saying something to her best friend(who I had a minor friendship with) she took the wrong way. I never asked, her out she was always dating someone, but ended up being single right before I left the school. Other INTP's I had a crush on always seem to have their ear phones in or are busy with homework, and I never talk to them because I don't\'t want to embarrass them so I never talked to them. If I do end up talking to them in a restrained school environment, I get interrupted by the teacher and they become embarrassed by all the gossip that goes on about someone like me trying to talk to a to a girl. I knew an openly identified INTP male that considered me his friend, but never got to know that well, as I need up switching schools and I never have time for extra circular activities that require planning.

3. They're minimalistic, in an econicallly inflated country currently going through a recession, who wouldn't want to date a minimalists?

4. They're artsy and smart as hell. They typically know how to make art some pretty cool art or at least have a deep understanding of it. They also read ALOT.

5. They're independent. They never wine they now how to take of themselves, and I've never seen them be a nuisance to anybody who's competent or and or mind's their own business.

6. They're classy. They always think before they say something and they usually put things in the most polite ways possible.

7. They now how to play fake people and they know how to work a broken system to their advantage. They're sneaky, people don't notice them and most people don't know them, so I they wanted to steal something, or monitor a bad situation, they could easily do it. They also seem very respective to all kinds of sounds and they able to read and process information at a very fast rate.

8. They are the only people that can me care about things I would't normally care about and their only the only people that would be able to convince me to do something I wouldn't want to do. This is awesome, because I suck at retaining written information and understanding certain concepts. I'm also unmotivated when it comes to written work.

(Side note) according to soiconics your best match is your dual opposite, so if
you want to identify a single ESFJ and date one here's a description of what they look like and what they like to do. He's either dressed like a stylish slob and or a member of the school football team(not me, my dad never net me try out because I was scrawny and inexperienced, despite being fast as f*ck boy)He likes to hangout bounce around between one friend or multiple friends and loudly belittle himself and others in a joking manner, upper class norman rockwell kids will ether be amused or scared by him. Lower class 'thuggish kids' will have a begrudging respect for him, and his friends will have little to no respect for him. TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SLAT, because I might just be a really depressed and unaccomplished ESTP(I'm not honest enough with myself to take a test and find out my true type(though I've taken it multiple times over the span of two years and I've gotten ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP, INFJ, ISFJ and INFJ and ESTJ) If I am an ESTP(which is what Jack Nicholson is considered to be, he's my soul animal), I'm still highly commutable with INTP's I would describe myself as a flamboyant, trashy, bad boy, I'm commonly called a "faggot" and told I'm wierd, but I'm not emotional enough or smart enough to be considered a nerd. Only my ex-girlfriend called me one, though I found it to be very inaccurate, I also get called a dumb d-bag by my good friend a lot. Anyways, back on MTBI tests, I ether find the questions on the test to be ether impossible to answer or impossible scale(as most of the do on a scale 1-5 bs). In my opinion, someone needs to make a "what would you do in this situation" type test so MBTI can be respected and understood by the more common personality types. Sh*t, Telltale games should make a personality type test game, that would work perfectly. It would work because, some people are just too idealistic to say what they really believe, even to a test, but simulated actions based on required quick decisions, that's where I really become my self. Adding a interactive Meyers Briggs test to Telltale would solve the whole, "your decisions mean nothing in Telltale games" complaint.

Emerald

ScatterBrain
Local time
Today 5:08 AM
-->
I loved reading that as an INTP female.
Side note on dual opposites. Theres a Russian website that claims that the exact opposite of your type is kinda like your archenemy because you cannot see eye to eye on anything. Your "second half" is the person whose last letter is the same as yours, but the other ones are different. I find that true. Both of my best friends are ESFPs and we get along perfectly.
I also kinda agree about the test. For some types an interactive test would be best. I usually find that most tests get the difference between T and F completely wrong. I and E are also often confused with one or the other being presented in a negative way. Many of my friends have taken the test and then retaken it to get vastly different results.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 1:08 PM
-->
So, I recently ran into a long-over thread: "Insecurities of an INTP female" and It got me thinking I should verbalize some thoughts they might enjoy hearing, as I find INTP women objectively to be the most attractive, and one of the weaknesses of the INTP are that they second guess themselves, while my biggest issue is that I rarely do such a thing. So it makes sense to me that they could gain a thing or two in the confidence deportment by reading an positve perspective of them.

Anyways I know this thread wasn't specifically about INTP women being unattractive to the opposite sex, but female insecurities encompass that, so I've written a love letter if you will to INTP women below(cringe wording, I know)

1.INTP women are attractive in the most unique ways. I've seen and observed many that I can only assume are INTP's by(I'm a visual detective, I am "supernaturally" attuned to all sudden movements around me, and I can also recognize facial expressions and tiny images; all without someone noticing) The fact that they don't put to much effort into the way the dress and look tells me that they aren't "high maintence or secularists". Instead of spending hours on make up and $100s on brand name clothes, they do something artsy with themselves(usually with their hair) They seem like a lot of fun to be around with, and they seem open to doing anything as long as doesn't involve taking the risk of being used by other people or getting humilated by them. Overall, they seem to care less about the status quo, which is great because I tend to want do and say things that are completely unconventional for middle class cis white males to be doing and saying.

2. INTP women are elusive, which makes them more special. I've been to 5 different high schools due to both my dad's job and stress issues. The closest I with a INTP Female was being an acquaintance, I always made jokes our math class and she would laugh at most of them, but she would make me feel stupid for being terrible at math and sometimes she would chew me out for saying something to her best friend(who I had a minor friendship with) she took the wrong way. I never asked, her out she was always dating someone, but ended up being single right before I left the school. Other INTP's I had a crush on always seem to have their ear phones in or are busy with homework, and I never talk to them because I don't\'t want to embarrass them so I never talked to them. If I do end up talking to them in a restrained school environment, I get interrupted by the teacher and they become embarrassed by all the gossip that goes on about someone like me trying to talk to a to a girl. I knew an openly identified INTP male that considered me his friend, but never got to know that well, as I need up switching schools and I never have time for extra circular activities that require planning.

3. They're minimalistic, in an econicallly inflated country currently going through a recession, who wouldn't want to date a minimalists?

4. They're artsy and smart as hell. They typically know how to make art some pretty cool art or at least have a deep understanding of it. They also read ALOT.

5. They're independent. They never wine they now how to take of themselves, and I've never seen them be a nuisance to anybody who's competent or and or mind's their own business.

6. They're classy. They always think before they say something and they usually put things in the most polite ways possible.

7. They now how to play fake people and they know how to work a broken system to their advantage. They're sneaky, people don't notice them and most people don't know them, so I they wanted to steal something, or monitor a bad situation, they could easily do it. They also seem very respective to all kinds of sounds and they able to read and process information at a very fast rate.

8. They are the only people that can me care about things I would't normally care about and their only the only people that would be able to convince me to do something I wouldn't want to do. This is awesome, because I suck at retaining written information and understanding certain concepts. I'm also unmotivated when it comes to written work.

(Side note) according to soiconics your best match is your dual opposite, so if
you want to identify a single ESFJ and date one here's a description of what they look like and what they like to do. He's either dressed like a stylish slob and or a member of the school football team(not me, my dad never net me try out because I was scrawny and inexperienced, despite being fast as f*ck boy)He likes to hangout bounce around between one friend or multiple friends and loudly belittle himself and others in a joking manner, upper class norman rockwell kids will ether be amused or scared by him. Lower class 'thuggish kids' will have a begrudging respect for him, and his friends will have little to no respect for him. TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SLAT, because I might just be a really depressed and unaccomplished ESTP(I'm not honest enough with myself to take a test and find out my true type(though I've taken it multiple times over the span of two years and I've gotten ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP, INFJ, ISFJ and INFJ and ESTJ) If I am an ESTP(which is what Jack Nicholson is considered to be, he's my soul animal), I'm still highly commutable with INTP's I would describe myself as a flamboyant, trashy, bad boy, I'm commonly called a "faggot" and told I'm wierd, but I'm not emotional enough or smart enough to be considered a nerd. Only my ex-girlfriend called me one, though I found it to be very inaccurate, I also get called a dumb d-bag by my good friend a lot. Anyways, back on MTBI tests, I ether find the questions on the test to be ether impossible to answer or impossible scale(as most of the do on a scale 1-5 bs). In my opinion, someone needs to make a "what would you do in this situation" type test so MBTI can be respected and understood by the more common personality types. Sh*t, Telltale games should make a personality type test game, that would work perfectly. It would work because, some people are just too idealistic to say what they really believe, even to a test, but simulated actions based on required quick decisions, that's where I really become my self. Adding a interactive Meyers Briggs test to Telltale would solve the whole, "your decisions mean nothing in Telltale games" complaint.
you are right

Deleted member 1424

2. INTP women are elusive, which makes them more special.

Oh, I see what you're doing. Trying to snag an intp-lady with a clever little ego trap. ;)

It won't work dear~

wait...

sidenote:
Regardless of type, minimalists are sexy as hell right now.

Indichlo

Redshirt
Local time
-->
can confirm, dated what you described, now we are archenemies:rolleyes:

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 6:08 AM
-->
Romantically I find them easy to live with and boring; there's no mystery (from my perspective as an INTP). Now an NF on the other hand is harder to live with but romantically desirable, as there's great mystery there. Plus you get a different viewpoint which is invalubable.

To each his own though ... if they work for you who cares?

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
I loved reading that as an INTP female.
Side note on dual opposites. Theres a Russian website that claims that the exact opposite of your type is kinda like your archenemy because you cannot see eye to eye on anything. Your "second half" is the person whose last letter is the same as yours, but the other ones are different. I find that true. Both of my best friends are ESFPs and we get along perfectly.
I also kinda agree about the test. For some types an interactive test would be best. I usually find that most tests get the difference between T and F completely wrong. I and E are also often confused with one or the other being presented in a negative way. Many of my friends have taken the test and then retaken it to get vastly different results.

I remember when I was first introduced to the concept - the lecturer only went as far as IT, ET, IF, EF and divided them up into 4 corners. He said you'll probably make friends easier with those in your corner, and find romantic relationships with those in your opposite corner.

I'm not entirely sure that there's any validity to that. I'd say that your complete opposite (ESFJ in my case) is more a complete alien than archenemy. An ESFP again leads me to question what this strange creature is. ISF's I suppose are OK. ISTJ's are a bit uptight for my taste (ISTP's are OK, though). EST's I get along with for a while before I can't stand them any longer and have to be rid of them.

Then I pretty much like everyone on the N side of the table. ENF's can get a little OTT in large amounts, though. I like them - just in moderate amounts. And INFP's I like but can't always find common ground and get that awkward feeling with, other times get along just fine.

As for INTP females - yeah, they're great. And usually incredibly cute. I haven't met many in person but I can't say I've ever had anything negative to say about one that I have.

cezette

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:08 AM
-->
As soon as I read "minimalist" and not "high maintenance" I was like ohhhh no. I'm very invested in making myself look as attractive and presentable as possible & I will not hesitate to drop some bucks to make that happen. :p

I agree with the "elusive" and "independent" parts, though. I am generally polite to strangers but with people I know I have a very blunt and sharp tongue.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 8:08 AM
-->
I agree with the "elusive" and "independent" parts, though. I am generally polite to strangers but with people I know I have a very blunt and sharp tongue.

heh. I identify with that.

Mostly it's to keep myself out of needless drama where the stakes don't even matter. I don't know who I am dealing with in regards to a stranger, so why start tossing in hand grenades and stirring up shit? It just seems strategically wise to avoid burning bridges accidentally or drawing needless conflict like a magnet.

If I trust you / know you to some degree, though, I will be more blunt and engage more without worrying about how I'll be read. Or if I figure a bridge has already been burnt with someone, well, who cares then?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:08 AM
-->
I think it is a good description, and identify with most of it. However, I think I'm Ne/Ti, which means I'm more prone to blurting stuff out and I collect information in a very unstructured way. I goof around a lot, and talk over people when I get excited about ideas. I also tend to have a lot of stuff going on in my head at once, which means expression becomes an issue. For example, when meeting with my supervisors, I'm usually bursting with ideas, which means the conversation becomes this frenzied peppering of them with information, interruptions and just being a general nuisance while they just sit there looking bombarded and slightly amused/confused.

At the end of these sessions, the feedback is always (serious and somewhat exasperated look, leans forward): you have a lot of great ideas, but you need to FOCUS on the subject matter. All this other stuff are separate/new projects. We can help you with these ideas, but right now, you have to stop going on these tangents, because you are running out of time. This project has limitations, and you've just been pitching material for three PhDs.

:storks:

In terms of compatibility, I think Ne/Ti, Ti/Se , and maybe Ti/Ne types work better for me. The dynamic seems to work, although it can easily stagnate into a Ne pool of indecision with two Ne doms. Ti/Ne - I have never tried it, but I think it would be a similar issue, and I think the rigidness of some Ti doms is too challenging at times. Ti/Se is therefore easier as the Se seems to have a less confining effect - Ne is still very much isolated/introverted compared to Se, which can bring a healthy aspect to the relationship.

Te/Ni is ok, but purely friendship based, and in small doses. Te doms are tiring and a little bit boring to me as they seem to get stuck in a one-track mindset very quickly. I guess the Ni is too strong in some, and therefore becomes a shield against the world, or the Te becomes OCD like. Ni/Te....they drive me insane. Some of them seem downright delusional, depending on their level of education, but even with education it often seems to get worse as they only select for the aspects of eduaction that confirm their narrow world view.

Ni/Fe....I want to kill myself, despite Architect's recommendations. I guess it depends on the person's level of meta, but dat Ni......it's like a trap :phear: Mixed with Fe, it becomes this web that you cannot escape, and everything is about this one thing that will unify blahblahblah, and the intensity is blinding. They think they are wise and special, but I find them extremely arrogant, because they tend to view people who don't subscribe to the one unifying blahblahblah as "unenlightened". But I haven't met that many, so perhaps I'm the arrogant one, for generalising them this way. Just not my cup of tea.

I also avoid Fi doms to some extent. I find them too unpredictable. There is this Fi/Se type at my work, and while he is highly intelligent and makes an interesting conversation partner, our ideas/values can clash violently and he seems to think I'm the worst person on the planet sometimes. Many people at my work are unnerved by him, but I like him, despite our indifferences, because he doesn't shut me out like other Fi types. He has enough meta to put our indifferences aside, and he is always willing to listen. Most strong Fi people I have encountered are like these zesty balls of static that just zap Fe users in the balls as soon as they come near.

Mild Fi users are ok, but they seem to gradually build this resentment against you. Se/Fi works better, but they can be super annoying, which is fine. I don't mind them, they can be fun in small doses.

Fe/Si, they are a mixed bag. As partners, no. As friends, yes....and only one at a time. Se/Ti....hmmm. I find them boring, after a while. Or perhaps it is just that most of the ones that I met were the "extreme sports" types. Yawn.

Te/Si...no thanks, I will pass.

Ne/Fi: best friend....until they suddenly, inexplicably become your worst enemy :ahh:

I should really expand on this, it wasn't very informative in terms of cognitive dynamics, but my flattery is bat.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
People of same type are different that is why MBTI doesnt always work well with this sort of thing. INTPs are highly individualistic.

It is sort of like with the autism label. Somehow everyone who has it has to have some common problem, but the truth of the matter is that everyone of them has different personality and issues. Its a spectrum where you can go from a rainman guy to a complete extrovert with slightly akward accent.
Overall you get to a point where you understand that this label is sort of like throwing a coin into a slot machine.

The same is with INTPs. They are highly individualistic types along with INTJs. Which means you can get two INTPs that look like two different animals with completely different interests and different view points virtually on everything yet their minds might work in similar way.

leezthebunny

dark rabbit
Local time
Today 10:08 PM
-->
Yes, we INTP girls need more appreciation because many of us do second guess ourselves a lot, due to the fact that we overanalyze things a lot. This is such a contradiction regarding the assumption that we are "low maintenance". I know that I get insecure a lot, feeling bad because i'm not sociable or flirty like other girls, so I actually care a lot about my appearance (both in looks and behavior) to the point that I just give up trying to be "pretty" or "friendly" like other girls when I can't. Yet somehow I'm the most feminine between me, my INFJ, and INFP friend.

I have met a couple of ESFJ males, both have been my friends. I can't even.
They aren't exactly annoying, but more like they loved to playfully tease me. It's pretty fun, actually. We banter a lot and I laugh a lot with them. I had one serious problem with one of them though, in that he was completely immature. Grade-A douchebag. You either hate him or you love him. But everyone knew him. He was totally misogynistic, held irrational grudges for the longest time, especially with his exes, and many times he was insensitive and his jokes went too far. He's also the main reason why my high school circle has fallen apart. Though I'm not completely sure if he's an ESFJ though, haven't gotten him to take the test.
The other ESFJ is more mature, and he's my coworker. I can actually work with him without feeling the need to fill the silence, which is another thing I am insecure about (usually not being able carry conversation past 4-5 sentence exchanges). He just does his own thing. I actually pester him a lot XD
And I'm most comfortable with him than the rest of my coworkers. But he does remind me of the previous ESFJ in their style/appearance and their xSxJ logic, which can be infuriating to xNxPs. Still, at least he isn't cocky as shi* as the previous one.

So knowing that there are guys out there who do like us INTPs, insecurities and all...
Well, that's cool.

Top Bottom