• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why is the INTPforum logo the Iron Cross First Class?

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 11:49 AM
-->
Is the person who made this site a big fan of Prussian History?

Also some summary of the Iron Cross Medal's history; it was created by King Fredrick William III on the Napoleonic wars on 1813, the first person who was awarded the Iron Cross was a woman, King Fredrick's late wife Queen Loise on 10 March that year. There were Four classes of the Iron Cross, second class, First Class, Grand Iron Cross of the Iron Cross, and Star Grand Cross. The most prestigious was the Star Iron Cross Was awarded for Generals who have won wars by their own accord, It was only Given to General Blucher after Waterloo.

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 11:49 AM
-->
1665169583664.png

Cegorach

Local time
Yesterday 10:49 PM
-->
No doubt! The forum creator is an esteemed acolyte of Prussian history and German themes more broadly.
Good on you to realize that it's not meant as Nazi iconography. That's the most common concern.

I'd say, perhaps even more than merely as a love of the history, it plays a role in his entire philosophical and political disposition.

A few select quotes

In reference to the cross itself:
The favicon of the Cross Pattee, or the Maltese Cross, reminiscent as Anthile implies of the Ordo Domus Sanctæ Mariæ Theutonicorum Hierosolymitanorum, is selected for three reasons.

1/ It is not the vBulletin standard. And I am fond of German things, both good and bad --- but most particularly Kaiserreich things: I am not actually German, but as I explained to someone recently: Lord Haldane laboured well to build England's preWWI defensive capabilities and then was kicked out for being pro-German solely since he had made the statement: "My spiritual home is Germany." ( The English are a very hysterical nation when excited ); I can say the same thing.

In reference to political views:
I am an absolute monarchist, a divine right royalist, a hereditary legitimist: as such I am a fervent Jacobite; and I selected my name to honour John Graham of Claverhouse, Viscount Dundee, who was our exemplar, and did a lot of good work police-actioning the West of Scotland ( where the die-hard Cameronian presbyterian republicans did their best to make everyone's life unbearable ) before dying a hero's death at Killiecrankie.

In reference to intpforum administration:
I would suggest we really function as a Kittenocracy.

Depending upon mood, admin-kittens may be each intensely watching, playing with wool, staring into a corner, brooding upon the cosmos, pining for something or sleeping, etc.. However they are entirely free to act as they wish, without malice and expected to play nice with the clientele.

In an inversion of the regular top down mode, admins here are not a superior class, ruling as an elite --- and it is not a privilege to be a mod or admin, nor awarded as such, least of all to friends and good fellows... ---- more like underground workers just making sure the city keeps working. The model is Auftragstaktik: each is trusted to do as he or she chooses to achieve balance.

He's a fun guy, basically.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 1:49 PM
-->
Ragnar is Nazi obviously.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 12:49 AM
-->
Ah, Ragnar was also Laird of Claverhouse, indeed, long ago.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:49 AM
-->
Good thing you specified it was "First Class". God we hate those "Third Class" medals, don't we?

Forum's owner is a japanophile with a thing for anthropomorphized battle ships and other war machines portrayed as, mostly loli, girls. Such girls are often decorated with the military markings, paints and symbols of the real object. (See Girls und Panzer, Kantai Collection, etc.)

Using emblems out of context and borrowing any sort of symbolism, such as the Maltese cross, is just what one would expect.

Top Bottom