• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

worse or most dissappointing sci fi tv or movie

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:23 AM
-->
I have to say andromeda

the premise of the show was good

but then it just start to sink deeper and deeper into shithole after season 3 or so, and make no sense

The cliffhangers were often unaddressed and unfollowed, and a mediocre capitain suddenly becomes to chosen one or the prophet, like in star trek deep space nine

character development gets worse as Tyr anasazi, the only interesting character i find, has left the show.

what is your most dissappointing sci fi series or movie?

the cliffhanger trap is that once you start one, you cant leave it unaddressed later on. You can bait poeple to keep following the plot, but if you leave too many lose ends, your story eventually will eventually makes no fucking snese.

Geauvoir

Local time
Today 3:23 PM
-->
Ender's Game for sure. The book was brilliant, ingenous & thought-provoking. Movie was a flop.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 3:23 AM
-->
Sci Fi - I LOVE the old classics like The Fly.
I'm not sure I really loved Jurassic Park, Silent Running, Soylent Green or Alien, exception was watching Sigourney Weavers reactions.

My genre is classic stuff from 40s and 50's and Film Noir and TCM type movies mostly.

I did see Gattaca recently, it was ok, but I was just not that impressed.
I'll take the older classics please.

As for tv, I really like a newish series called Resident Alien, amusing humor about an alien posing as a human and trying to learn human ways and its just silly.

Top Bottom