• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 8:45 AM
-->
1.You uphold the beleif that it is possible to be perfectly social wihtout actually speaking.

2.More often than not, you bow your head while walking, and are an expert at 'crowd dodging'

3. You indulge in, and are quite renowned among friends for, making completely random, yet very accurate observations.

4.You think about the very thing which you are not doing.

5.If wikipedia was a person, you would marry it. If possible, you would download the internet into your mind.(and have probably tried)

6.You frequently entertain the thought that you can make peoples heads explode simply by concentrating pure hatred on them.
Or at least, you wish it were so.

7.You often fantasise about being part of a wordlwide virtual reality, or becoming an all powerful demigod,or something of the like.

8.When sitting on any public chair which has more than one sight sideby side, you kindly make sure that your dearest -whatever you're carrying- has a seat to itself.

9.No-one* finds you funny but yourself, and despite this, you are always trying to make clever jokes that no-one gets.

10.You have spent a whole night of not sleeping, pondering something, and then after asking someone about it the next day, realise that you're the only one which seems to care.

Feel free to add more.

:D

*Okay...so maybe some people do get them..but only the ones you don't want to laugh.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
11. You can get a lot done, as long as they're the stuff you're not meant to be doing.

12. You've been told that you think too much.

13. People have called you heartless.

Cegorach

Local time
Today 2:45 AM
-->
14. You spend a mandatory 22 hour day on the net for fear of losing your Pness.

15. Hence your Pness is huge!

16. You're absolutely certain that you're destined for Hell.

didyouknow

Local time
Today 6:45 PM
-->
17. You confuse everyone around you with words far too long for casual conversation.

Last edited:

Artifice Orisit

18. You think this list is a great gift to all humanity.

19. You laugh at the Titanic sinking but Wall-E steals your heart.

20. You're not paranoid, it's all perfectly logical.

21. You've played the "but why" game with your parents.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
(ten points to saffy for the truth, twenty for cow for being perverted,didyouknow, you should have used long words in yours:D and...nic eone Cog)

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
Today 9:45 AM
-->
22. You frequently floccinaucinihilipilificate.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:45 PM
-->
I am amazed at the accuracy of this.

23. You actually care about accuracy.

meshram.alok

Local time
Today 2:15 PM
-->
24. You HAVE to walk on those tiles in a predetermined pattern.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Nice one cheese.:D

and meshram?

I THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST ME!?

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

I PRACTICALLY INVENTED THAT WORD.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Melly:
Nice........damn, this is tough.

*edit
I had to look up that word! :eek:

25. Honesty is a higher good than the ego.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
:D Well of course it is cheese!

26. You flinch when touched.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 9:45 PM
-->
OK... I agree with them all, but this one I just had to especially doubly, triply , multiple order of magnitude agree with...

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
27. You don't understand half of the funny looks people give you.

28. Sometimes you come up with something that you think is exactly how you wanted to put it, but people just get more confused, despite how simple it seems to you.

29. You have hit someone for trying to give you a hug.

Concojones

Local time
-->
30. After you put a forkful of soup in your mouth, you realize something is odd

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
31. You announce that you've lost the game randomly, and don't even notice the funny looks.

bdubs

Local time
Today 4:45 AM
-->
32. You understand a difficult concept in class but cannot explain it to someone else in a way they could comprehend.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
What am I supposed to make out of the 20 or so points that apply to me?! :eek:
Especially:

10.You have spent a whole night of not sleeping, pondering something, and then after asking someone about it the next day, realize that you're the only one which seems to care.
12. You've been told that you think too much.
15. Your Pness is huge! :D
20. You're not paranoid, it's all perfectly logical.
21. You've played the "but why" game with your parents.
24. You HAVE to walk on those tiles in a predetermined pattern. (This one's tricky esp.when you get so absorbed in counting them that you trip/and or collide with people and solid objects :o )

Red Mage

Local time
Today 3:45 AM
-->
34. You love to give everyone you meet a hug.
35. You wear brightly colored clothes and have a positive view of life.
36. You believe people are basically good.
37. You fear robots for being too inhuman.
38. You think the "Singularity" is a cell phone company.

lindsayo09

Local time
-->
in my closet away from all these crazy people!!!
adding to my last post....

1. you stay up at night thinking
2.your parents tell you to stop day dreaming
3.you get around people but never talk but in your mind your correcting every mistake they make....
4.when you get up and correct your college teacher in front of the class
5.walk into a car because you have been day dreaming and not watching wht you are doing...
6.never say i love you
7.get pist when some one touches you
8.hate hugs
9.hate being lovey-dovey!!!!!!!!

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
48. You really want to correct people's spelling and/or grammar but you try and stay silent.

naberus

Local time
-->
49. When you lecture, you turn a one hour session into five.

Artifice Orisit

Somebody will need to collate this, eventually.

50. You have intentions to do everything/anything... eventually.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 1:45 AM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
when you refuse to do something in the name of "intellectual principles"

when you communicate mostly through various means on a computer

when your mental age is 15-20 years older than your physical age until you're 35, and then 10 years mentally younger after that.

When you just have to correct every mistake you see or hear

high aspirations and mediocre achievement (by the world's standards) - for the most part

Cobra

Local time
-->
56. You're still following the numerical system though people have either purposely or inadvertently discarded it.
57. You cringed at nearly all of Mac's listings (but adamantly read them ALL) before realizing that he was listing off INFP characteristics.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
#? you ruin your happiness by analyzing it.

This thread is perfect. Cognisant's are my favorite but just about everything applies.

Artifice Orisit

58. You can give logical justification for every action you've ever taken.

59. When asked a stupid question you must give a stupid answer.

60. You think an 85% loss in global population is a worthwhile price for some peace & quiet.

61. You've tried to force god into doing something, "give me a sign or I become an atheist".

62. You've declared war on any ideology that doesn’t stand up to intensive scrutiny.

63. To you the terms like "messed up" and "twisted" to be compliments to your creativity.

64. If you happened upon the Tardis you'd steal it with absolutely no doubt in your mind.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
64. If you happened upon the Tardis you'd steal it with absolutely no doubt in your mind.
He'd just find a way to get it back. Like usual.

66. You know you're a (female/gay/bi) INTP if you happened upon the Tardis and all you wanted to do is keep the 10th doctor company. And keep his heartrates up. <3

Artifice Orisit

He'd just find a way to get it back. Like usual.

66. You know you're a (female/gay/bi) INTP if you happened upon the Tardis and all you wanted to do is keep the 10th doctor company. And keep his heartrates up. <3
Of course he'll get it back, but the beauty of a time machine is that by the time he does I've already done everything I've wanted to do.

Point 66.5: Or kill him until he changes into a female form, :D (if it's possible)

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
21. When people start to avoid you because "you suck the happiness out of life" by over-analyzing everything.

548. When you randomly laugh at you own thoughts and tell people "oh, it's nothing"

-1. When you tell your parents/employer your room/office is "not trashed! It's got complex order!"

1/0 When you obsessively use parenthesis or slashes in your sentences (well not necessarily in your sentences; just running off on tangents when speaking/writing, and being in the necessity to find a means of keeping it all clear).

3.14 When you spend too much time writing and rewriting something, so that it is as clear as possible, just to have people say its excessively long-winded for such a simple concept.

# When you keep up a bad joke long after everybody has stopped laughing (if they even laughed at all).

5i. When you write extensive "to-do" lists, and then lose them.

XIX. When you are proud of people being outraged at your comments and being called insane, perverted, amoral, and insensitive.

A. When you are constantly saying "I told you so, but no you wouldn't listen to me!" *shakes head in disapproval*

5^2 When you talk to inanimate objects more than with people

? When people finally reveal some dark, super secret knowledge and you go "ah, just as I thought" or "I had assumed so" or "it was evident from the patterns I had previously observed"

~ When you smile at people telling you that "you'll die alone, never get married, and will go to hell"

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
7. When you quote philosophy and everybody looks at you like you are from outer space.

@. When you wish you were from outer space.

$. When in a single day you have rented from the library more books than the amount of friends you have ever had.

*. When you are quoted as saying "Books are more reliable than people".

%. When you wish people had a *mute* button.

10. When you try to take over the world (from the comfort of your couch)

11. When you spend several hours at INTPforum when you know you should be doing otherwise.

+. When you constantly wonder what it would be like to have been born the opposite sex.

99. When you creep people out because you stare at them while trying to read their thoughts, by being lost analyzing the geometric proportions of their bodies, thinking about the connections and mechanics of bone structure and muscles for potential cybernetic prosthetics, or by attempting to determine their MBTI type...

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
629: You recognize and correct other people's mistaken names, places, and stories when they're talking about mythology.

630: You cannot stand self-aggrandizement.

didyouknow

Local time
Today 6:45 PM
-->
631. Every serious conversation you attempt with non-INTPs abruptly ends when they keel over laughing at your use of correct terminology and/or complicated words.

632. You wake up one day with an answer to all the world's problems and all the others care about is that assignment you had set aside...

633. You can not help but re-read what you've just written multiple times, just to make sure that's exactly what you want to say and how you want to say it.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Hehheee..this thread is blossoming..and yes Cog, I orignally intended to add each one to my original post when I get to about 100..

Oh..and I'm sooo up for stealing the tardis.

Can we keep the doctor in a cage and stab him repeatedly to see if he'll suddenly regenerate into madonna?

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
Apparently the Doctor's final form was female in a spoof. And then she had the hots for the Master. It also implied that the sonic screwdriver could be used for a wider range of (fun) purposes. :p

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

Hahahaaa...

Thats brilliant.

BAD WATERSTILLER!

CORRUPTING INNOCENT LITTLE MELKOR IS A SIN BEYOND REDEMPTION!

BACK TO THE PLACE FROM WHERE YOU CAME!

Artifice Orisit

I get accused of "checking people out", then they freak out when I tell them the truth.
thinking about the connections and mechanics of bone structure and muscles for potential cybernetic prosthetics
What's so wrong with that anyway?

@-Waterstiller
Well that does make me more than a little curious.

@-Melkor
Bah, Madonna isn't so hot, she's great for her age but those cameras do lie a fair bit.

For ease of use:
(Whatever number we are up to = N)
N+1. <Insert text here>

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
I'll sort it all out once the thread dies down..

n+1:
You can talk excessively and impressively about just about anything, regardless of whether you understand it at all.
Well..online at least...;)

mikal

Local time
-->
- when your friends give up getting you out of the depression.
- when you often don't feel purpose of going out anywhere or speaking to anyone you know for week or two.
- INTP forum is the only one you stay at longer than one day.
- you often turn off your cell phone, so nobody could reach you (nobody from the forum will confirm:D)

Cobra

Local time
-->
98. You use and/or more than you use and and/or or.
99. You're still keeping count.
100. You're wondering if Mac's should be subtracted and whether Cog's .5 add should be considered its own or not.
101. You're very sad that we couldn't keep it all under 100. :(

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
948233958719458935. When part of you strongly wants to contribute to this thread and another equally strong part of you just doesn't give a shit.

(irresistable force vs. immovable object)

truthseeker72

Local time
-->
103. You annoy friends by interrupting their long-winded dialogues to correct their errors and inaccuracies;
104. In high school, you found pep rallies to be pointless and somehat fascist;
105. In college, you favorite pastime was poking fun at the absurd initiation rituals that fraternity and sorority recruits were subjected to, yet
106. You acquired honorary fraternity brother/sorority sister status by befriending Greeks, without actully joining their pretentious organizations;
107. In your career, your viewed as bright and hard-working, but a bit weird, and not enough of a "team player;"
108. In relationships, your partners are initially blown away by your thoughfulness and decency, but then later complain incessantly that you "don't spend enough time" with them;
109. You're constantly chastised for "being off in your own little world," yet
110. People, even mere acquaintances, often seek your advice.

Edit: I just realized that I skipped 102. Oh well.

Cobra

Local time
-->
112. You've felt oddly comfortable enough in a multiracial environment to jokingly reply, "What did you call me?" to a black colleague's honest request for a nickel.
113. You hate Jeff Foxworthy jokes, but you love this thread.
114. 1337 sp33k is hilolious 2u but u rarly r able 2 dup it
115. You spend a good twenty minutes day dreaming about the possibilities of physics after you attempted to maticulously remove the only staple stuck on your staple remover (because it was bothering you), and it sprung forth kinetically making a sound in a spot somewhere in your cubicle, but is now invisible for all intents and purposes.
116. It was actually longer than 20 minutes.

Top Bottom