• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Your excuses for smoking?

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Tomorrow 3:44 AM
-->
I don't believe in MBTI but I believe that there is a kernel of truth when it is claimed that INTPs are the most likely to continue using cigarettes, drinking and drugs. I have experienced the phenomenon myself and in my case, it was less out of dependency (except nicotine-related stuff) and more out of saying "Shut the fuck up!" to my mind. All of the INTPs I have seen indulge in some kind of regular intoxication and have similar reasons to do so. What about you?

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:14 PM
-->
habit and addiction loop

Sanguine

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:14 PM
-->
Excuse?

I smoke for two simple reasons - I enjoy it and don't see a reason to stop.

I smoke because I'm not a hypochondriac as anti smoking propaganda (because a lot of it is by every measure propaganda) failed in its efforts.

If I had to make my reasons sound like an excuse then I guess it would be that...

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Why would I need an excuse?

However if I do get lung cancer Ill just jump of some bridge or something.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
I don't believe in MBTI but I believe that there is a kernel of truth when it is claimed that INTPs are the most likely to continue using cigarettes, drinking and drugs.
I think it's to be able to converse with normies.

I remember back in university, the first time 2 of my friends took LSD. I didn't take it, and only had a couple of beers. I was just talking away like normal. One of my friends said that for the first time ever, I finally made sense.

I suspect that people struggle to understand INTPs, because what INTPs call "normal", other people call "tripping", and consequenly, what INTPs call "tripping", other people call "normal".

I have experienced the phenomenon myself and in my case, it was less out of dependency (except nicotine-related stuff) and more out of saying "Shut the fuck up!" to my mind. All of the INTPs I have seen indulge in some kind of regular intoxication and have similar reasons to do so. What about you?
I don't think I have an excuse.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
I don't believe in MBTI but I believe that there is a kernel of truth when it is claimed that INTPs are the most likely to continue using cigarettes, drinking and drugs
IME, SPs drink alcohol and use drugs like kids drink sugary drinks and eat sweets. I've known builders who would drink 8 pints of beer every single night. The SPs I know, would take every drug going, and would use heroin and crack daily.

Even the ones that don't touch illegal drugs seem to swallow prescription painkillers like they're candy.

I have experienced the phenomenon myself and in my case, it was less out of dependency (except nicotine-related stuff) and more out of saying "Shut the fuck up!" to my mind. All of the INTPs I have seen indulge in some kind of regular intoxication and have similar reasons to do so. What about you?
Me too. But I don't have an excuse.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I think the difference between SP and INTP is simply INTPs do it for the experience SPs do it for the experience, but socially.

INTP make a conscious and rational choice to experiment with drugs....

SPs.... just do it and don't think about it much or anaylse it much.

You would not find many SPs talking about smoking or drugs or thinking about it unless they are talking about that time they had great time doing this or that .....

INTPs could be dropping acid and you would not even know.

This does not mean INTPs don't do smoking or alcohol or drugs socially, but not the same reasons or motivations.

Rune

>:]
Local time
Today 3:14 PM
-->
My excuse is just that withdrawal is a bitch.

CuriousMonk

Local time
Tomorrow 3:44 AM
-->
For me it was stress and peer pressure, then it turned into actual addiction and habit. Left smoking about two years ago.

Local time
-->
Being from a country where over 90% of the population are considered to be from patrilineal societies, I decided that it was a stance against the patriarchy for me to smoke as it is not deemed as a very feminine thing to do.
And it keeps me up at night doing whatever I want to do. It also helps me process my emotions and lowers my stress levels.
I also can't muster the will power to deal with the withdrawal.

Top Bottom