• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Your mind is a house

White Rabbit

windhopper
Local time
Today 11:16 AM
-->
I'm sitting in a sofa. It's rather comfortable. The perceived reality is an extension of my mind, mirroring the current state of the house in which I reside. At the same time, the house is a mirror to the outside.

The house is a system that integrates the abstract and defined. It's a sum of principles that define the connection between two or more concepts. Its nature is defined as it's been built using innate fundamentals, yet there is nothing constant about it.

The house cannot exist without one element. You.

This is a little experiment. It has something to do with your knowledge of the house in which you reside. You are asked to describe/depict the interior of the house.

Since every mind is a unique one, it would be senseless to define any criteria. It's about your perception of the inside structure. You might do so in relation to your current position inside of it, or give an overall structure.

You can visualize it, feel it, present it in terms of a mathematical equation, electrical circuit, HDD, a cave, a whole universe, black hole, colors, with walls, without walls, ever-changing or just an ordinary house.

Describe its essence.

I'm done. Do some introspection, use your imagination.

EDIT: I like where this is going. It wasn't the initial idea. You could also consider the house as your mind, instead of the actual house you live in. Perhaps I overused the metaphor. However, suit yourself - both options work.

NothingTodo

Local time
Today 12:16 PM
-->
My house is mostly dark except for one lamp and the glow of the lab tops. I have the discover channel on and science channel one with my 2 tvs.My house has lab tops. Each one has its own important file which i roam around in my wheel chair researching while i watch the discover channel. Once i start a project i do not finish then with to many projects to finish i went insane. Now my house is rotting away with the rest of my ideas which are slowly being destroyed

Goodbye house:rip:

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
Today 5:16 PM
-->
You want us.... to describe the house we're in ... Okay...

The house I'm in was probably built in the 1960s or earlier. The windowsills are about 6 inches thick, have old fashion windows and storm windows on the outside. It looks like a ranch style home, close to the highway and with a bare, naked front yard facing north. It has six rooms upstairs, two of which are bedrooms, one of which is a laundry room, one bathroom, one kitchen, family room and dining room.

The bedrooms and laundry room and the bathroom are located down a hallways, which opens into the entry hall/room and breaks off in three directions, Either opening into the family room or into the kitchen. There's a wide arch between the family room and the dining room. The ceilings are high and also arched.

My bedroom has a small washroom in it. It looks added on. The house is a Frankenstein with a bunch of add ons. Including the downstairs, which could've been modified/added about 10 years ago. Despite being much shorter having ceilings that we can easily touch this is where my 6'4 brother lives. When it comes to purposely trying to make it absolutely dark, he wins. He's tapped boxes into the windows and also likes having it cold. It's a huge mess and not my territory to explain or go into most of the time. The exception is the well placed living room right at the end of the stairs. Because of how he has his entertainment center set up it's more accessible to a number of people, while my upstairs is really only fit for one.

I have the dining room fixed into an office, which is where I spend most of my time. The adjoining room is the family room, which is set up like one I suppose. There's a TV and such.

The kitchen is too small and greatly lacks counter space. It's reminiscent of a time when people didn't have things like rice cookies, microwaves, toasters, expresso machines, coffee makers, etc, etc... It's very cramped and of all the rooms I have issues with it's definitely the most annoying. If I cook something in the oven, there's nowhere to put it. I have a very very old microwave- which is problematic only because this is how I cook most of the time.

My brother and I are sharing a toaster, as neither of us are big toast people. As a matter of fact, the only thing we've used it for is heating waffles.

I do not have a dishwasher, so the dish wrack takes up another chunk of the counter space. Of course the sink also takes up some space and this sink is the bane of my existence. It's old, there's no electric under the sink. I do not have a garbage disposal. The electric outlets in this house are another head ache, as most of them are two pong instead of three- like most modern American houses and appliances. There is actually one three whole outlet in this dining room, but because of its position I don't use it.

The place is a huge mess, there's no decisive decor. I have so much crap and not enough storage for all of it. It's not a lot compared to some people, but for me, everything has to have it's own little place and when things don't, it just turns into a mess. It's a slow process to get everything organized.

All my blinds are shut to some degree, as this house was very poorly thought out. The only blinds I have somewhat open are for my plants, all (but one) my cat has killed. I have to change where the plants are, because the house was built facing north and depending on the season I have to switch around where the plants are sitting.

On one side of the house is a business, as it's on a frontage road, on the other side a vacant lot-like area. It's also somewhat just vacant and we have TONS of rabbits and mice. The backyard is okay, it's small, fenced in and was obviously being worked on before my bro and I moved in. There's a large apple tree in the back, along with a smaller fenced off area and a chicken coop. There are other plants and trees, it would seem like a typical backyard. Most of the plant life has long been untreated and is either dead or growing wild.

I would prefer a flat to this place, as it is a lot to keep up and a big headache.

I have three computers, one tower computer that's custom built and two laptops. One I'm always ready to smash is an Acer Aspire one. The other is a Toshiba, which has lived through at least three falls and clear damage to the exterior. The Toshiba is running Ubuntu. The AA1 was running eeebuntu for a little while, before crashing and going to shit again. The desktop is running Win7.

To my left is a desk that was left here and given to me, I've now covered it with a ton of crap and plan to use it as a sort of storage. The desk I use is one I specifically picked out online. It's made to look like a shelf, it's lightweight, but very awkward and has a shelf piece that looks a lot like the desk, so people tend to call both pieces "the desk".

All my stuff has been moved from my parents house and made a huger mess. As soon as I try to set things up my brother starts digging through my Newtypes.

My brother is one of these people who will take something from where it belongs and put it somewhere else. Even if he's just looking at the thing he's misplaced. There's no understanding of putting things back where they should be for him. Unless it's his games. The only thing he values.

Aside from him, my insane cat likes to jump up on everything. She lacks grace and apparently can't tell what will hold her weight.

Under my desk is a space heater, which I often have on and leave on, as I'm almost alway cold and have a low blood pressure that spikes and makes every new doctor I go to worry. The chair I have is an old office chair and is missing both of it's arms. It's one I've had for years and have abused for years. One of the things I'd like to replace is this chair.

All the floors are wood and have been worn and torn. I would like carpet, as it is way easier to take care of.

I forgot to mention the lighting. In most of the rooms there are at least two places you can turn on the light switch and you might have to play music light switch to get the light to come on. The living/family room has no lighting of this sort. It has two "lamps" one of which was a fan/lamp, but it only turns on if you pull the cord on it. There's also a tall standing lamp, which I use more often. The other weird lighting issue is with the bathroom. The light switch is on the outside of the bathroom and it's a vanity mirror light. There's not an actual ceiling light in the bathrooms. The mirror lights are, again, old and have since been modified, but the lights still have a switch on them. Unless the light switch in the hallway is turned on the vanity lights will not turn on, however, if you turn off the vanity light switch, the hallway switch will not turn the lights on. They both have to be on for the light to be on. I have many people gone here and try to turn on the vanity light via its light switch.

Apparently they use the bathroom in the dark. Even when I tell people the light switch is in the hallway, there's a tendency to forget. When I go to use the bathroom I can't get the light to turn on and it's usually because of the vanity light switch.

All the light fixtures are different. At least half of them don't take a normal light bulb. The dining room has florescent lighting. I've taken the decorative cover off of it, as it annoyed me and would only collect dust and was heavy glass.

The house is a Frankenstein house. That's how I describe it in short.

Last edited:

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
Two people sitting in a dim room. The walls are devoid of decoration, but covered in the mildew and staining of disrepair. One of the people - a female - smokes a cigarette while reading books, or occasionally bothering the other person - a male - as he does puzzles and muses over ways to coordinate the the mess within in various ways. Guess who they are?

The house is in disarray, but never in the same arrangement. Miscellanea covers the tables and counter-tops, odds and ends strewn on the floor. There is a large bookshelf full of books on a plethora of subjects: existentialism, quantum mechanics, organic chemistry, scholastic philosophy, evolution, hip-hop artists, the grunge era, transhumanism, medicine, neuropsychology, subcultures, astrophysics, complex dynamic systems, and the entire catalogs of Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Palahniuk, and Michal Crichton. There are no phones in this house. The only reason either person has to get up is when the coffee kettle starts whistling. The blinds are shut, keeping the sunlight out, giving the entire structure the atmosphere of late dusk at all times of the day.

The house started as a tiny shack in the middle of a barren wasteland. Around 1985 the two people moved in. Being forever the handy-woman in addition to a bookworm, the shack immediately began to expand. Running out and grabbing whatever materials were available and slapping them together, the man made sure that all of the holes and cracks were filled in and patched. He drew up the blueprints based on whatever provision the woman was able to bring back, forever implementing the useful pieces into the expanding house and discarding those that had no place - or, at least, relegating them to storage in case they needed to be used later.

The tiny shack has since exploded into a full fledged mansion, but one that defies all logic while still maintaining a coherence that only the two lonely inhabitants can appreciate (or, for that matter, navigate). Some rooms appear reasonable enough, but others are veritable Escher-like hellscapes:

escher--unbelievable-527579_1024_768.jpg

Xel

When in the course of inhuman events....
Local time
-->
I sit inside a dark room on a comfy bed. There is a small cat next to me. There is a window to the outside world. It brings no light into the room, as if it were a painting. Sometimes I can reach outside it with my hands. Other times glass is over it.

The little light there is in the room comes from a stained glass rose window that is above me. There is a heater near the bed. The heater has one orange light on it. It fills the room with a white noise. There is a table with a few books and a computer. The computer has the names and faces of people on it.

There are two doors that lead out of the room. One door leads into another dark room. The only light in this room comes from some green beams of light that stray and dart around. When I enter this room, I merge with it. When I enter the green lights become all manner of abstract shapes, twisting and turing and spiraling. They play music sometimes, sometimes they become real objects that melt away. Sometimes people come out to talk. But they are a tad robotic.

The other door leads to a hallway lined with fine artwork from many different periods of history. There are three doors in this hall. One door leads to an open field. Here, I am a god. I make objects and people, I make shapes, I make movies, stories, plays.

The next door leads to a room with loads of books. They are all in different sections, but they are still pretty disorganized. They have information on all sorts of topics. There is even one book about me in there. I write in it all the time. Other people have also contributed books.

The final door is covered with cobwebs and evil shadows. I don't go in there much. Sometimes I peek in. I saw a weakened man rolling on the floor, convulsing, saying horrible things to me. I saw a man and a woman doing weird things and chanting weird sayings.

Luminates

Local time
-->
My room is considered small, but cozy. the walls aren't decorated to what a normal house to perceive, but they portray a distinct color when the lights go out, I usually have the ceiling light off, which allows the street light outside to cast a luminous glow into my room, which flows in with the other various colors that formulate and control my room. My bed is reared right under my window, I'm usually on this bed with a laptop as it produces the most soothing results for relaxation.

My door is very distinctive from everything else. Unlike anything else in my room, my door is pure white and has the tendency to reflect other sources of light or make it seem brighter. Outside of my room is a small narrow hallway, which has five doors in total (including my room). On the first left (coming out from my room, which is at the end of the hallway), there is my brothers' room. He room shows off a bright pure blue color, which at most time annoy me because its "too" bright. On the first right is our laundry room, pure white and considered the smallest room in the house, aside from some closets. On the second right is our only bathroom, which is also one of my favorite rooms because there is a working window in the shower which also entails the best view from any other window, other than mine.

The other room on the left is my parents' bedroom. this room is a teal colored room, and is also the room i'm less likely to be in. Not much can be said about that room other than the fact that every wall has some antique picture or clock hanging in an abstractual way.

Upon first entering the hallway, there is the kitchen, which is the most openly room in the house. This room has 3 different entries; 1. Leads to the Family room. 2. Leads to the Dining room. 3. Leads to the hallway. This room has a very similar color to my room (which I forgot to say is a dark yellow/orange, but only because that's how it was when we moved there) and is also one of the nicest rooms. This is also the oldest room with cabinets and wooden artwork dating to around the 1920's. We have refined the work, but never replaced anything since it has been well taken care of. there is only one window and it shares a relative view from that of the bathroom window, but is a bit blurred and not as focused.

The Family room is where our desktop computer is, although I'm never really on that and I never spend much time in there. It is completely covered in antiques and various items that my father has either bought for personal gain, or to sell on Ebay. This is also the room you first see upon entering my house. I consider it the most used room overall, and is also the most pleasant to spend an evening in. It's usually quite with no televisions or radios, and there are two rather big and unique chairs near the corner of the room. There very comfortable and I occasionally will sit in one of them and enjoy some tea while watching my favorite show.

The Dining room is where most of the action is. This room contains an open feel to it since the main TV and dining table is set up in an most convenient manner. The main color is a Baige form or pinkish to many, and yes, we do watch TV while eating most of the time. Not as bad since were watching either the Discovery channel or the History channel when dining together.

Since we moved in, we have built an addition to what was once our back porch. It is now an enclosed patio overlooking our back yard with a full sized Bay-Window. This is one of my favorite rooms as it has windows (rather large in size at that matter) on three sides or the room. Each overlooking a decent view and during sunset, the view is amazing as the sun rises on the side of the back wall.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:16 AM
-->
The penthouse of a futuristic Tokyo skyscraper, but inside the atmosphere is more like that of an amalgamated: bar, gentleman's club, coffee shop, and one those jazz places I've never been to but have heard a lot about. An artistically gloomy place, blanketed in fog-like smoke (even though the place is devoid of smokers) where various types of music (jazz, chamber music, classical symphony, sometimes modern stuff too) constantly plays from hidden speakers, and somehow it sounds just as good as the real thing.

It's not an altogether remarkable or even interesting place, but that's not the point, it's merely a comfortable location for the various residents of my mind to convene and interact, like how the aesthetics of this forum have little to do with the discussions that take place within it.

The residents are:
-A quiet philosopher with worn shoes and ambivalent personality.
-A charismatic charlatan or wizard, depending upon your perspective.
-An exceedingly eccentric scientist with a high-band port where is left eye should be, obviously a cyborg of some sort.
(reinterpretation of snake-in-a-skull symbology, i.e. knowledge & immortality)
-A psychiatrist who's clearly far form sane himself, but good at his job.
-What appears to be a werewolf, sleeping by the door like a guard dog.
-A child of indeterminate gender that mostly just serves drinks to the others.
-A telepathic mute in a finely tailored suit, who's simply beyond enigmatic.

RobertJ

Local time
-->
there's condoms on the floor and full of people who's names i cant remember

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
there's one solitary room without a door or windows. it's painted a multitude of colors, all distinct and yet melded together -- if you don't look close enough it appears to be a muddled brown, but when you're inside, when you're really looking, it's a fucking rainbow. there's piles of papers strewn about, some with doodles on them and some with essays and some with poems and some written in pencil and some in pen and some scribbled and some neat and some are tacked to the walls and some are bunched up into balls like they were meant to be tossed into a wastebasket... etc.

there's somebody sleeping on the floor, in a pile of papers, like a kid sleeping in a pile of leaves. s/he looks relaxed. there's bags under their eyes. hair that hasn't been washed in days.

there's another person sitting in the corner, reading through all the notes. almost lazily. disinterested. like s/he has nothing better to do.

this room is smack-dab in the middle of a bigger complex, a series of other rooms connected by bleak, narrow hallways. most of the other rooms are pretty average. non-descript. sort of like a house that hasn't been moved into, yet. pre-furnished. lots and lots of beige. there's a front door and a backdoor that lead to the outside, and the outside is the rest of the universe as usually perceived by humans.

it's that middle room -- nobody's figured out how to get in. nobody's figured out how to get out.

that's my house.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
My house defies the laws of physics. From the outside it looks like Diogenes' home, the Barrel. The Inside, though, is expansive and reminds One of one of the Great Libraries. The House is built on a firm foundation of Faith, framed with tested Beliefs and enlightened by a variety of windows of different shapes. These attitudes, these windows, are themselves framed by books. Instead of the books being organized 'properly' and placed on shelves where they belong gathering dust, they have been nailed together to form window frames. Most of these windows are concealed by curtains, and it takes some effort to part those curtains to see what world lies outside that window. A few of the windows are boarded shut. No one will ever see through those windows again. Two large windows have no curtains. One is a one-way mirror to view the Object, the other looks out over a dark landscape that may be the Subject.

There are four permanent residents in the House: The Snake, who is change of Building Maintenance, the Monkey, who in charge of the Feelings, the ME who is in charge of the Arts and the "I" that is in charge of the Sciences. Of course, there are a number of transient visitors - spirits, whose silent voices sound the same and can be confused with the voices of the permanent residents and the other kind of spirits who remain in the Chapel at the top of the House and whose voices are clearly their own - they sing instead of whisper suggestions to the four permanent residents.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
I live in a room with four walls a roof and a ceiling. Almost like a cube but not quite. The room is dark with a bluish hue. It's not so dark that you can't see anything but light enough to be able to maneuver without stubbing your toe.

There is a mattress on the floor in one of the corners. No pillows, no blankets, just a mattress. It might not look very comfortable but, trust me you will never sleep a better sleep. It's very strange because every time I wake up. I always find my plate at the table filled with whatever it is I'm craving at that moment. It just so happens that I only crave the same thing. I don't understand how it happens, it just does.

After my single meal, I usually spend my time pacing back and forth wondering how I got here in the first place. There are no doors or windows. However there is a set of descending stairs in the middle of the room. I don't know where it leads because I've never gone. I can't even try to see where they go. If there was a liquid black, that's what they are submerged in.

I suspect one day I will get tired of my usual rituals of pacing, sleeping, eating. I suspect when this happens I will descend into the darkness. Maybe my eyes will adjust and maybe they won't. Where there is dark, somewhere there must be light.

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:16 AM
-->
I live in an open-air beach house. It's probably a five-minute walk to the next house over, and some of them are surfing or playing in the waves. Some sand has tracked in on the bamboo floor and rag rugs, but I don't sweep it out very often. All the furniture is comfortable and worn, and all the tables are piled high with books on every topic. The breeze smells and feels good and the sound of the waves is soothing. Although the sun is shining, there are dark storm clouds on the horizon, and there is no way to know when they will arrive, or how fierce the storm will be.

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:16 PM
-->
No house. Only a door standing at the edge of a construction yard.
But perhaps everything beyond the door could be counted as a house?

The door is made of wood and covered in carvings which remind of an ivy. It is the only complete element of the house; the house itself is only a metal skeleton. The materials, which are randomly laying around the place, do not seem to get older, they are as new as they were at the time when the builders left. But the metal skeleton is another tale: most of the metal parts are either frosted or dirty and look like they are going to break in the next few years, but, if somebody cared to make a closer examination, it would not take much to conclude that the construction is, in fact, quite strong.

But, when looking with more care, an old foundation can be seen. Push the right rock and a holographic 3D map of the old house springs in the air. It was a nice place, the old house, indeed. Not too small, but not too big. Comfortable, although there was no real furniture - except for a small rococo styled desk and a bookshelf which was filled with everything but books. Because the books were scrambled all over the floor together with random useless junk - OH, WHAT THE SANDALS OF HERMES' ARE DOING HERE?

Inside the foundation, there is a stairway which leads to the basement, the only room which is still remained after the demolition. The walls of the basement are covered in millions of small drawers. Each drawer has a special opening code.

A little girl with a large pink ribbon in her hair is walking around the construction yard, jumping on the planks and lifting them up to find and gather the paper sheets which were scattered during the demolition of the earlier houses. Some of the sheets cannot be restored, but the majority of them were safely deposited and protected from the environment. Sometimes the little girl picks up the abandoned tools and attempts to continue the construction on her own. If the tool is light enough, she will become absorbed in her work; if the tool is heavy, she will try to work with it, but she will be forced to give up soon.

Geminii

Consultant, inventor, project innovator
Local time
Tomorrow 12:16 AM
-->
It's a house from a dream. Any one part of it seems absolutely solid and normal when concentrated on, but look back a moment later and it might be completely different. The angles and volumes inside and out don't match up. To anything. There's a mild sense of dishevelment and benign neglect, as if someone was about to tidy up but has just been called away for a few minutes. Doors open onto different parts of the house or different external landscapes each time they open.

Despite all that, the atmosphere is mostly cozy, if a little indifferent and absent-minded. There's no sense of threat; the oddnesses of the house feel more someone hasn't quite finished tightening up all the dimensions properly, but it's on their to-do list. In the meantime, you'll generally find the room you're looking for if you wander about a bit.

LAM

Local time
Tomorrow 2:16 AM
-->
So I have to desribe where I reside mentally or physically. Because, physically, the flat I live in is just a place to sleep, eat, drink, shower, go onto the computer, read, watch TV, occasionally study and communicate with other members of my family.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 11:16 PM
-->
I sort of live in a mud house. with two tear drop looking mud creatures. the windows are round and the mud creatures face their behind to them sitting on a sofa watching tv. yeah thats in myhead.

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
-->
The penthouse of a futuristic Tokyo skyscraper, but inside the atmosphere is more like that of an amalgamated: bar, gentleman's club, coffee shop, and one those jazz places I've never been to but have heard a lot about. An artistically gloomy place, blanketed in fog-like smoke (even though the place is devoid of smokers) where various types of music (jazz, chamber music, classical symphony, sometimes modern stuff too) constantly plays from hidden speakers, and somehow it sounds just as good as the real thing.

It's not an altogether remarkable or even interesting place, but that's not the point, it's merely a comfortable location for the various residents of my mind to convene and interact, like how the aesthetics of this forum have little to do with the discussions that take place within it.

The residents are:
-A quiet philosopher with worn shoes and ambivalent personality.
-A charismatic charlatan or wizard, depending upon your perspective.
-An exceedingly eccentric scientist with a high-band port where is left eye should be, obviously a cyborg of some sort.
(reinterpretation of snake-in-a-skull symbology, i.e. knowledge & immortality)
-A psychiatrist who's clearly far form sane himself, but good at his job.
-What appears to be a werewolf, sleeping by the door like a guard dog.
-A child of indeterminate gender that mostly just serves drinks to the others.
-A telepathic mute in a finely tailored suit, who's simply beyond enigmatic.

Has this changed at all since 9 years, 8 months, and 23 days ago (3552 days ago)?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:16 AM
-->
Are you a good stalker or a bad stalker?

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
I got a lot of visions in my head, my mind changes a lot.

One image I think about a lot is this:

I climb a large wall to access an enclosed city, when I jump over the wall I see a muscular skeleton titan sitting on a throne. No skin, just veins, muscle fibers and tissues. Like the anatomy of a human. Since I have climbed this large wall and descended into the unknown I am trapped by my own curiousity, I have left my solitude fortress and jumped into another world.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 7:16 PM
-->
I sit on nothing, all around me darkness and endless void of space. There are no walls, no windows, no doors, no furniture, there is no visible floor, just the vastness of space. A brilliant sphere of ever-shifting colors and information envelops me. Some parts are stable, solid and constant, others blurry, fluctuating, evolving.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

Hourglass

Time and enlightenment
Local time
-->
A high-tech greenhouse cave where inside there is a circular bedroom and bathroom reminiscent of the Guggenheim, but private.

The bedroom is at the center, and is surrounded by a greenhouse of a field of fruits of unknown descent and hybrid appearance.

Also, cats. Tropical birds. Greyhounds. Somehow, they all get along.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Its a Japanese tea house at the top of a granite mountain. I climb to the lofty place and occasionally pass another traveler on the path. Its humble, but sheltered. It has a dark stained wood exterior that is open to the wind on one side with rice paper windows and screens, an outdoor wooden deck to match, it overlooks stunted twisting pines, bonsai trees, and grey speckled granite mountains and lakes. Birds are singing. Its on a slope so that the front is on stilts with a deck to view the mountain and lakes and canyons below. Simple cots for napping on. A small rock garden with a waterfall and koi fish to watch. There is a black Japanese teapot called a Tetsubin and mini stove with flames and Popcorn Rice Matcha tea and crackers. Sometimes I meet friends there in my dreams and we have tea and talk, or water the small garden or meditate. Blue sky and puffy clouds float overhead. It is peaceful. All manner of spirits are welcome there and come and go, its a retreat. Its where you can go in your dream self.

Here is an image, similar to it, but mine is solidly built on granite and the lakes are not near it, but down the mountain at least a mile away.

Attachments

• tea house.jpg
    tea house.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 32

PiedPiper

Breathe
Local time
-->
There's only a couple of places that have ever felt like home to me. Maybe two-three. My childhood home is but a dream to me now. I visit it often when my mind decides to rest. Where there was once beauty and richness and depth, now a house of horror. Because I had no where else to fit the negative emotions/trauma I felt, naturally the beauty was corrupted. I created several spaces to try and contain the energy but even that wasn't enough. I look back and I wonder if I actually made up the entire house. Problem with that is there's actual pictures of it. I'm sure of it...But it was a lifetime ago and I don't remember the address. Its impossible for me to imagine something so peaceful could exist. So when I think of it I allocate it to a dream. There is nothing pure about that place anymore. I think it represents to me the loss of innocence.

What I live in now is not a home. Its a psychological prison. Its kept dark at all times. The windows are covered with black sheets, whatever blocks out the light. I have the key, but it doesn't matter. The moment I leave I want to come back. And the moment i'm back I want to leave. Its Stockholm syndrome. How do walls and a roof have such a profound effect? I hate it. I despise it so much I want to burn it to the ground and there is a fire in me burning so hot i'm surprised I haven't yet. The only three colors I am capable of seeing are white, grey and red. Physically there is nothing wrong with my eyesight. So the external world is recognized. My eyes can distinguish green from purple. But my inner world, my psyche only sees the three. With the addition of black which is a shade. Yellow is no different from orange, maroon looks the same as deep sea blue. Its all shrouded in grey fog. Light actually makes me highly uncomfortable and agitated. I'm nocturnal. Which makes it hard to work when not from home.

Hourglass

Time and enlightenment
Local time
-->
A high-tech greenhouse cave where inside there is a circular bedroom and bathroom reminiscent of the Guggenheim, but private.

The bedroom is at the center, and is surrounded by a greenhouse of a field of fruits of unknown descent and hybrid appearance.

Also, cats. Tropical birds. Greyhounds. Somehow, they all get along.
Each window is a door.

yoliyoli

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:16 PM
-->
I'm sitting in a sofa. It's rather comfortable. The perceived reality is an extension of my mind, mirroring the current state of the house in which I reside. At the same time, the house is a mirror to the outside.

The house is a system that integrates the abstract and defined. It's a sum of principles that define the connection between two or more concepts. Its nature is defined as it's been built using innate fundamentals, yet there is nothing constant about it.

The house cannot exist without one element. You.

This is a little experiment. It has something to do with your knowledge of the house in which you reside. You are asked to describe/depict the interior of the house.

Since every mind is a unique one, it would be senseless to define any criteria. It's about your perception of the inside structure. You might do so in relation to your current position inside of it, or give an overall structure.

You can visualize it, feel it, present it in terms of a mathematical equation, electrical circuit, HDD, a cave, a whole universe, black hole, colors, with walls, without walls, ever-changing or just an ordinary house.

Describe its essence.

I'm done. Do some introspection, use your imagination.

EDIT: I like where this is going. It wasn't the initial idea. You could also consider the house as your mind, instead of the actual house you live in. Perhaps I overused the metaphor. However, suit yourself - both options work.
I like your idea of the mind being a house. I've recently discovered that it's easier to organize my thoughts if I think of my mind as I place I reside in as opposed to being a confusing mess of thoughts and feelings. So far, I've decided that my mind is a hall with the side by the entrance being a light blue and the opposite side being a dark red. The dark red side is where the emotions are, the blue side is where the thoughts are. Ideally I sit in the middle of the room facing the blue side because it means I'm being calm and logical without being too detached from my emotions and my feet are planted firmly on the ground. If I face red, I'm likely getting emotional especially since red is magnetic and pulls me deeper and deeper into it.

Top Bottom