• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

zoning out

ktevico

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:57 PM
-->
How do u guys manage to stay focussed on the trivial and ultimate pointlessness of the external world? At my core i couldnt care less about the world if i didnt need money to survive.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 7:27 PM
-->
How do u guys manage to stay focussed on the trivial and ultimate pointlessness of the external world? At my core i couldnt care less about the world if i didnt need money to survive.

You do not need money to survive.

moody

Local time
Today 11:27 AM
-->
Good question. What part of the "external world" are you referring to? The societies we live in, other societies of people apart from us, or the wild?

If you're taking about your own society, it's important to think about the social contract between us, our governing body, and the other people. Societies of people exist because the division of labor makes it much easier for us to live high-quality lives. If the benefits you reap off of living within the social contract aren't work the it for you, you're probably better off going out into the woods and fending for yourself. (Though, that isn't much of an option nowadays).

Money is essential to having a quality life. (At least, it is in my country). I think it's important to find a niche--something you do care for in life. Maybe something creative, maybe constructive, maybe both. For me, it's easy to ignore social pressures and be interested in what interests me naturally.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 7:27 PM
-->
Probably..

Well if you ignore the world the surely you cannot survive. The point of the brain is to interact with the world. However there are many who survive just fine without much of anything.

PiedPiper

Breathe
Local time
Today 11:27 AM
-->
A Nihilist, I gather would find that rather difficult, indeed anyone could potentially have an existential crisis and run into the same issue of pointlessness. Have you tried the many known/ and or lesser known forms of escapism?
There are several ways of hacking mental withdrawal. I'd suggest finding something that particularly stimulates the brain into focus. Slinks back into hole.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
If you are trying to become immune to poison, good luck, poison is poison. You can only increase your tolerance, by taking non-lethal doses. In other words start small, go slow, and expand from there. If you try to cure yourself of apathy all in one go, you aren't going to be satisfied with the result.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 11:57 PM
-->
How do u guys manage to stay focussed on the trivial and ultimate pointlessness of the external world?

Actually that pointlessness is what forces you to make a point if you wish to live and not commit suicide.

At my core i couldnt care less about the world if i didnt need money to survive.
You proved my point by assigning money some usefulness when in reality it is nothing but paper or binary digits. You can easily steal the resources if everything is ultimately pointless.

Top Bottom