• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I got FLOOR SEATS for DEPECHE MODE!!!

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
Today 3:28 PM
-->
OMG. I am SO HAPPY.

After about half an hour of page refreshing, my friend found two seats on ticketmaster.com up front and center! Sure, it's the 15th row of the front area, but it's right in the middle, and I'll be able to see more than Dave Gahan's feet. And I didn't even buy the tickets during the pre-sale or anything.

I'M SO EXCITED WOO-HOO I'll tell you how it goes after August 23rd :D

Anyone else have great concert experiences they'd like to share?

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 6:28 PM
-->
I always hated assigned seating. I don't know if general admission even exists anymore for major shows but in my day, with the right strategy, I could always get up front to the railing in front of the stage if I wanted. I've stood a few feet away from Geddy Lee (several times), Rob Halford, Steve Harris and Bruce Dickenson (slapped hands with Bruce) and Gerry Garcia. For the claustrophobic, it wouldn't be your cup of tea but I loved being up front.

Local time
Today 11:28 PM
-->
I've been intending to book tickets for a concert, but I'm too lazy and it's been two months already.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I saw Blue Man Group, which was a lot of fun. They really know how to get the crowd involved. And I almost went to Progressive Nation last year, Dream Theater, Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, and 3. It could have been the best show ever. I swear I'll go to Progressive Nation this year!

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
-->
I always hated assigned seating. I don't know if general admission even exists anymore for major shows
Probably not. There was general admission for an An Cafe concert (j-rock band) that I went to last May. I managed to get up in the front, and I could see plenty. Although they're not really big in America at all.

I'm like: "I went to an An Cafe concert during the summer!" and my friends are like: "What cafe?"

:rolleyes:

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
-->
Congrats. I wasn't aware that they were still around and playing but it's nice to know they still are.
Of course they are! Do you think I would be so obsessed if they weren't?

Wait. You may respond: "Yes, since there are obsessed Beatles fans still out there..."

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
heh, there will probably always be obsessed Beatles fans.

I really think it's cool though that these older bands stick around, as I often get disillusioned with newer music.

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
-->
heh, there will probably always be obsessed Beatles fans.

I really think it's cool though that these older bands stick around, as I often get disillusioned with newer music.
I suppose so...really, somebody wanna tell me what's so great about the Beatles?

I know right? There's barely any good new music out there. I mean, there is some, but most of the stuff I like is indie (meaning they never tour where I live) or mainstream (tickets are too expensive!)

Plus, mainstream gets annoying after a short while.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
When you hit your 40s, your options become limited. If I were to go see a newer band, I'd be that creepy old guy I remember seeing when I was younger. I don't want to be that guy!

Never cared much for the Beatles.

QSR

Local time
Today 4:28 PM
-->
I don't really mind being the creepy old guy (although I'm only 32.) I go to electronica shows all the time, but I think the best Rock concert I ever saw was Live (the band) in 2000. It was at the tail end of their popularity in the States, but it was an incredible show in a relatively small venue. The thing that made it great was when the lead singer Ed Kowalcyk went around to the back of the room and got onto some huge speakers singing behind everyone. I've seen a few other shows since then of theirs and they always bring it. That's really what matters, IMHO, if the performers are really interested in performing to the best of their ability.

PhillyFanWA

Local time
Today 11:28 PM
-->
My buddy back home are friends with the promoters and club owners, so when the big DJs comes to town we usually get to crash the DJ booth (just don't interfere with the actual DJing). It's nice seeing peons who actually paid money to come in to the clubs.

Well I'm going to Flight of the Conchords concert in May. Can't wait.

Top Bottom